00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

On the subject of art stealing...

633 Views | 4 Replies

On the subject of art stealing... 2009-07-30 16:37:40

There are many great artists on the web and many of them love to share it on sites like photo bucket, otaku, and kongregate. My concern is the fact that some people find a need to take art from one site and post it on another and claim that it is theirs. This causes problems as it is not only stealing from the author but it is a act of lying to many people. However much I hate to ruin someones experience on newgrounds I hate being lied to even more. I would like to know what measures are being used to prevent this in this art portal. If there are not I would like to know who to talk to in order to try and place said measures. No one deserves to be lied to or stolen from on this site, which is dedicated to preseving fun and happiness.

Response to On the subject of art stealing... 2009-07-30 16:46:54

Well you can always print screen, so no website can 100% protect your art. As an artist your responsible pretty much for your own art, there are some things to protect an artist and help an artist in court etc, but well... your pretty much on your own. It's up to you...... share your work on the internet, get noticed (maybe) or don't share it on the internet and you will never be noticed....

Response to On the subject of art stealing... 2009-07-30 16:49:54

There is a report submission clicker, and most artists can tell if something is traced stolen, or a photograph.

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to On the subject of art stealing... 2009-07-30 16:51:32

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to On the subject of art stealing... 2009-07-30 16:57:10

Hate so say it, but listen to Jarvid.

@Jarvid: please don't post irrelevant pictures. It's spammy.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature