Be a Supporter!

Stop buying computers!

  • 7,111 Views
  • 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 17:55:53 Reply

At 7/29/09 05:30 PM, AngryCat wrote: You're paying for a brand, they're like Macs, except they don't suck.

Fucking Christ, Computer Partisans. Open up your collective anus and let the light of reality shine in, guys. Computers exist to serve as an end, not to act as the end itself. Each OS has its merits, and the people who use each OS do so for a specific reason, none of which your proselytizing and aspersion-casting is going to change. It is ridiculous for you to presume as much, and in fact as you rend apart the fabric which binds us, you destroy your own credibility as acting in the best interests of the assembly.

I have a Mac, but I paid for the operating system not the brand, which is coincidentally, the only way I can run such programs as Final Cut Pro and iMovie, both industry-standard video editing programs. I paid for its intuitive operations, it's anti-aliasing, font-smoothing, and general attention to graphical detail and user interface. For me, that alone is worth the price.

However, unlike nearly everybody else in this thread, I am capable of accepting that other people have a freedom of choice, and don't appreciate rabid partisans tearing at them like diseased zombie terrorists in a rash attempt to gain favor for their fringe medieval viewpoints in regards to a disagreement over lifestyle and use of a petty product that is used only as an extension of preference and personal ease of use -- a qualitative component that is independent of critical scrutiny anyways, and is impossible to render judgment upon.


BBS Signature
AngryCat
AngryCat
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 18:26:37 Reply

At 7/29/09 05:55 PM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/29/09 05:30 PM, AngryCat wrote: You're paying for a brand, they're like Macs, except they don't suck.
Blah blah fucking blah

No one cares about your thread. I dislike Macs because I believe they are a ripoff and I will continue to discourage people from buying them. It's good that you don't want people to troll each other over what computers or OS's they use, but you don't need to link to your thread with the same stupid copypasta every time someone bashes Mac or Windows. That's only needed if someone is trolling or being ignorant.

I was making a comparison between Mac and Alienware. Whenever I see someone bragging about their new computer from Mac or Alienware it's usually because it has a light up keyboard or it's shiny or some BS like that all while having no idea of the crappy or cheap hardware that is inside those things and how much they got screwed over. I'm sick of companies charging too much money for something just because they know people will buy it because of the logo that is on it.

That's my opinion, and there's some facts in there too. Deal with it.


I dont even.

Obsessed117
Obsessed117
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 18:33:20 Reply

I love the computer I built. Plus when I did it I learned a ton about computer hardware.

Yeah its really easy, anyone who can build legos can build a computer. But the builds you posted are kinda bad...I bet I could make better ones for the price lol. Especially the last one, you're getting seriously ripped off with that build.

ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 18:55:12 Reply

all of the computers I owned were built from the ground up.

Vault13dweller
Vault13dweller
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Writer
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:02:15 Reply

what about laptops?

anyway, thanks a lot! I've always wanted to build my own CPU, so I think I'll bookmark this thread and raise some money to build the second computer on the list. Awesome :-D.


BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:27:20 Reply

At 7/29/09 07:02 PM, Sds71295 wrote: I've always wanted to build my own CPU

hahahahaha. good luck with that mate :P


using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:37:12 Reply

At 7/29/09 06:26 PM, AngryCat wrote: No one cares about your thread. I dislike Macs because I believe they are a ripoff and I will continue to discourage people from buying them. It's good that you don't want people to troll each other over what computers or OS's they use, but you don't need to link to your thread with the same stupid copypasta every time someone bashes Mac or Windows. That's only needed if someone is trolling or being ignorant.

Would you mind telling me the definition of a copypasta? You see, I wrote part of the ED article on copypasta, and I think you are unaware of what exactly copypasta is. "Copypasta (or Copy pasta, or COPY PASTA) is text on *chans that gets copied and pasted over and over." First of all, in case it was unclear, we're not on 4chan or any *chan-affiliated website, which invalidates your entire intended premise. Secondly, the integral portion of the etymology -- "copy" and "paste" implies that I am writing the same thing over and over again using that particular shortcut. I would urge you, right now, to go through all of the posts I've made since December 28, 2008, and tell me EXACTLY WHAT I'VE WRITTEN THAT EXISTS MULTIPLE TIMES IN MY POST HISTORY. Because, frankly, I don't think I have employed the technique of "copypasta" in any way.

What you "believe" is irrelevant, because it is an opinion, and one that, broadcast on a wider screen such as this forum, promotes the general ignorance which you seem to believe you are dispelling in posting it. Not only is it "good" for me to post this topic so that ignorant or uninformed citizens such as yourself might be given some semblance of reality in the course of their daily lives, but it is "obligation" as a member of the human race, and a desirer of harmonious coexistence to do so -- to do otherwise would not only be wrong, but detrimental to the quality of discussion and homeostasis on the planet, which is exactly, I might add, what you are doing in promoting these primitive culture clashes.

If you say a single thing about either operating system that is an unfounded opinion, that is nothing more than an insult and intended to discourage people from making their own choices about what it is that they want to do with their time, then you are a Computer Partisan. No ifs, ands, or buts; the fact is undeniable. Computer Partisans ARE BY DEFINITION "TROLLING," AND "BEING IGNORANT," because that is the fundamental nature of disagreeing over what is UNDENIABLY A PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Not only will your words make no difference to them, they will only provoke unnecessary conflict, and will only serve to prolong the suffering of the human species, mired in the inconsequential instead of ignoring petty differences and accepting that for some people, one operating system is adequate, while for others, another operating system more efficiently carries out the task at hand.

By admitting that you "don't care about the thread" to which I linked you, you have just publicly admitted to being a Computer Partisan, a disgusting human being, and have COMPLETELY MISSED THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE THREAD. The reason I am typing parts of this in all caps is that you might not miss the same point twice, although to be honest, my expectations are fairly low for your success on that front, given your responses thusfar.

I was making a comparison between Mac and Alienware. Whenever I see someone bragging about their new computer from Mac or Alienware it's usually because it has a light up keyboard or it's shiny or some BS like that all while having no idea of the crappy or cheap hardware that is inside those things and how much they got screwed over. I'm sick of companies charging too much money for something just because they know people will buy it because of the logo that is on it.

Whenever I see someone such as yourself attempting to tell anyone that their way of life, that their choice of products, that their very personal ability to make the right decisions without the distractions hindrance of backseat drivers of life breathing like a stalker down their neck, to review and critique their choices as if on the prowl to make broad criticisms and fundamental judgments about the worth or lack thereof of a person's very existence makes me experience a deep-seated anger and contempt, and a great desire to educated the aforementioned stalker about his own misguided decision to be as a priest and a missionary to anyone whose point of view diverges even slightly from his own, and in doing so quench out the fires of hatred that motivate such decisions, which will without question better the state of the world, and remove such factions of malcontents from posing harm to the continued stability and intact sanity of our society.

I have stated that I bought a Mac for its particular suitability to my lifestyle and needs, and that since I have used a Mac all my life, I have grown accustomed to its interface, and can be more efficient using it than a PC. It is for this reason that I have made the personal choice to advance my end product's quality by using one certain means to do so -- a Mac -- but that does not give me license to parade this belief as if it were gospel, assuming that since my needs were met by its usage, all other people's needs would be met as well. You have no right whatsoever to degrade an individual's ability to make an unhindered choice, and you have no right whatsoever to assume that they are incapable of doing research on their own, without the bias of others' interests getting in the way of sheer, immovable fact.

That's my opinion, and there's some facts in there too. Deal with it.

In selling humanity short, and abbreviating an individual's latitude to determine what is without dispute a product which exists to alleviate a need, and not become a need in and of itself, you are a despicable soul, and I feel quite justified in informing you of your own disturbing obsession with a crusades-esque self-promotion and propagation of your personal ideal of reality, as if it were the only one ever to exist in the storied history of the world.


BBS Signature
Shnam
Shnam
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:37:54 Reply

I would do it if I had my own money. My current computer is about 5 years old and is horribly slow so I will need a replacement by next year.


Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:43:51 Reply

At 7/29/09 07:39 PM, citricsquid wrote: you're an elitist fuck. Sure, if you're technically minded then building is the best option but most people aren't. Don't assume that everyone has the patience and skills to build their own.

Learning to and building a computer is like learning how to cook a long meal. You got the recipe and all you have to do is cook it, which is fun.

Wurmy
Wurmy
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 19:50:05 Reply

I really don't understand why people say that 'not everyone can build a computer'. It really is not that hard. All you do is stick some cards in the correct slots, hook up some cables and you're good to go. The only problem people would have (that I can think of) is the terminology. Which could be a pretty big problem..


BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:02:42 Reply

You know citric, you make a good point. I can't imagine my mom ever building a computer. I bet she would break the cpu or something.

But that doesn't mean people should buy from dell and such. There are small computer stores where you can go and get a tech guy to build a computer for your needs, be it gaming or checking emails. It's cheaper than buying from big companies, and you've got all the pros of building a computer by yourself.

Spirosgod
Spirosgod
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Musician
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:05:33 Reply

I was 100% sure you were the OP when I saw the thread tittle.

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:11:50 Reply

At 7/29/09 08:02 PM, TacoFreak wrote: You know citric, you make a good point. I can't imagine my mom ever building a computer. I bet she would break the cpu or something.

My mom would probably get it if I showed her once or twice, but it still is a valid argument.

But that doesn't mean people should buy from dell and such.

An honest guy wouldn't charge much more than $100 for the labor of putting together a computer. Even then, that's usually still cheaper, and always better, for the other aforementioned reasons.

Tacofreak pointed out I didn't include a computer case for the low end build. My bad, but I was bound to miss/mess up something.

emo-penguin
emo-penguin
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:14:14 Reply

I got mine custom built at PCspecialist.co.uk
They're helpful, Informative and cheaper than some highstreet prices. So yeah you COULD build one yourself, but why bother when you can pay to have someone do it for you?


BBS Signature
WackyAnimation
WackyAnimation
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:16:09 Reply

yea its too easy to buld computers. mostly all of it is plug and play

alucardxmeow
alucardxmeow
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:16:14 Reply

Yeah I've always thought of building my own computer but I'm scared I'll break something when putting the parts in. I used to have a custom built computer from my uncle who gave to me for a birthday present. Then after some years, it started getting too old and slow. So I decided to get another computer.

Since I do ALOT of gaming, I decided to buy an alienware computer. I should have tried building my own computer (would have cost me ALOT less) but I didn't know as much about computers back then than I do now.


BBS Signature
WackyAnimation
WackyAnimation
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:18:25 Reply

At 7/29/09 05:30 PM, AngryCat wrote: I made my computer, ALL BY MYSELF! But that was about three years ago.

You pay for convenience with store-bought computers, that's pretty much the point. You can't build laptops either. Dell is the best store-bought brand IMO, better than Alienware even.

Seriously though, about Alienware, the only reason they are so expensive is because they have the AWESOME alien logo on it. You're paying for a brand, they're like Macs, except they don't suck.

little secret, but err... Dell bought out Alienware a while ago. making the whole difference thing a whole lot more pointless. the only difference is the case and prestige.

TimeforplanB
TimeforplanB
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:18:48 Reply

At 7/29/09 07:37 PM, Bolo wrote: blah

Shut the fuck up, you're just getting into a pointless flame war, and who cares if you wrote part of an article on ED? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but don't take it to an extreme when it's COMPLETELY unnecessary.


Sig by LemonSourKid

BBS Signature
Akkryls
Akkryls
  • Member since: Apr. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:27:25 Reply

After reading this thread, I'm curious about how much this would cost since I'm now interested in this...
You say that you get more power from a custom built computer, than from one pre-made at the same sort of price?

Also; if I was to build my own computer, how much would it cost for me to build, say, a low-mid range gaming PC?


Being inconsiderate about Michael Jackson since 25/05/09
Best. Animation. Ever. (NSFW/FL?)
Blind users club

BBS Signature
Akkryls
Akkryls
  • Member since: Apr. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:32:03 Reply

Ignore the second question... I was being a bit of a dumbass there...

In place of that; what should I look for spec-wise if I was to build a mid-range gaming PC?


Being inconsiderate about Michael Jackson since 25/05/09
Best. Animation. Ever. (NSFW/FL?)
Blind users club

BBS Signature
WackyAnimation
WackyAnimation
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:32:07 Reply

At 7/29/09 08:27 PM, Akkryls wrote: After reading this thread, I'm curious about how much this would cost since I'm now interested in this...
You say that you get more power from a custom built computer, than from one pre-made at the same sort of price?

Also; if I was to build my own computer, how much would it cost for me to build, say, a low-mid range gaming PC?

what i do from time to time is go onto newegg and just start adding things to the wishlish that would be compatable together. one of the biggest problems is finding a case that will fit your motherboard and power supply. you can get a "barebones" kit that will take care of thoese worries for you. most of them have the case, motherboard, power suppy and sometimes the CPU preinstalled. you will still save a ton of money doing it this way

Dema-The-Hedgehog
Dema-The-Hedgehog
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:39:14 Reply

I made my computer out of twigs and leaves! And it can play Crysis on full setting!

Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 20:41:02 Reply

Thanks for the thread, interesting reading. I think that in most cases, people who have never tried buying the different parts and putting them together by themselves are afraid of failing. Even if things may be easier than they seem, things can always go wrong. You may break or fuck up something if you don't know how to do it. I think that the best thing these people can do is get an experienced friend to help them to assemble it.

I would like to make my own computer someday this year (since the one I use is getting pretty old), and fortunately I have a friend at school who is really cool and knows a lot about computers and said he would help me if I want to. He kindly answers even the most stupid questions that would make an ignorant person facepalm.

At 7/29/09 07:43 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
At 7/29/09 07:39 PM, citricsquid wrote: you're an elitist fuck. Sure, if you're technically minded then building is the best option but most people aren't. Don't assume that everyone has the patience and skills to build their own.
Learning to and building a computer is like learning how to cook a long meal. You got the recipe and all you have to do is cook it, which is fun.

I would also add that after reading the recipe and doing what it says several times, you end up learning it by heart ;)

At 7/29/09 08:05 PM, Spirosgod wrote: I was 100% sure you were the OP when I saw the thread tittle.

Yes, because his user name was next to it :)

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:01:15 Reply

At 7/29/09 08:18 PM, TimeforplanB wrote:
At 7/29/09 07:37 PM, Bolo wrote: blah
Shut the fuck up, you're just getting into a pointless flame war, and who cares if you wrote part of an article on ED? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but don't take it to an extreme when it's COMPLETELY unnecessary.

The point of bringing in ED was to illustrate how absolutely and completely AngryCat missed the boat on the issue he was slinging mud about. Considering the fact that I am intimately acquainted with the definition of copypasta, and the fact that he misused the word in a poorly-rendered attempt to discredit the allegations which I brought against him, I found it most fitting to let him subtly in on just how badly he messed up, and on why it was ridiculous for him to allege untrue things, when he himself was guilty of a host of crimes, as previously outlined. Quite frankly, it is the singular purpose of good, contributing members of society to seek and destroy the elements of discord and division; to root them out for their disgusting false-choices and insane quasi-religious ramblings, and to cast them aside like all trash, into the void, where their vocal stupidity will cause no tangible harm to the rest of us.


BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:04:48 Reply

At 7/29/09 08:07 PM, citricsquid wrote:
Furthermore, the aftercare you get from places like dell is brilliant, you can get 3 years of support and warranties, if you build it yourself you have only yourself to fall back on, or you spend £100 in PC world getting it fixed, which makes the money saved not that much + the stress it causes.
At 7/29/09 08:21 PM, citricsquid wrote:
actually, this reminds me of something else; where do you think people should be getting their configs from? I built my own PC but I was really unsure about compatability and such so had a friend who understands it all to get all the parts I needed for me. Is there a service or something that will do it for me, because I still don't feel comfortable speccing a machine myself, even after building and tinkering a bit.

I go on a forum everyday (got about 10 posts per day on it, 2400 in total) called www.overclock.net

It's a great forum that's all about computers. There are tons of users there that know a ton about them. Now don't get me wrong, it's not only a site for experienced people like myself or TSF. If you're a newbie the users till be willing to help you.

Got a problem with your OS? Ask on the forum. Don't know which computer parts to pick? Ask on the forum.

It's a great place, check it out

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:18:54 Reply

I'd like to mention that I don't want this to be a thread where people ask specific hardware questions for their build. There are more appropriate places to do that, which are in my OP. This thread should be about inquiring where you can go or how you can start learning to make your own custom rig. People shouldn't be asking, "This graphics card or that?" here, because that's not the purpose of this.

At 7/29/09 08:41 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Thanks for the thread, interesting reading. I think that in most cases, people who have never tried buying the different parts and putting them together by themselves are afraid of failing. Even if things may be easier than they seem, things can always go wrong. You may break or fuck up something if you don't know how to do it. I think that the best thing these people can do is get an experienced friend to help them to assemble it.

This is absolutely true. I myself had the help of my father's friend for my first build, and though I could've done it on my own, it was nice having someone with experience over my shoulder. Even if someone reading this thread finds a tech-savvy guy to build something from them instead of a store-bought, I'll call it mission accomplished. The main point of this thread is Custom rig > Dell.

Hell, I'd build and ship computers across the conUS if people asked me too. But shameless plugs aside, for someone who's trying to make a few bucks building computers for people, it's tougher than you think. Word of mouth spreads like wildfire, but in the grand scheme of things, most people are completely oblivious to the points I've brought up about custom systems.

At 7/29/09 09:01 PM, Bolo wrote: I trol u

Okay, wasting money on misinformed decisions is a good thing, and giving honest advice is bad. Wait a second, since when were my walls made of cheese?

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:28:12 Reply

At 7/29/09 09:23 PM, citricsquid wrote: It would be great if you started up a "club" for this TSF, somewhere people can go for general advice and comptability questions, my main problem with building a PC was finding suitable components and I think this affects most people.

Are you being sarcastic or have you genuinely never looked at my sig?

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:36:32 Reply

I've built a few computers, it doesnt take that long, and kits can be bought for very cheap, like $123 and youll get everything youll need for the computer other than the case, screen, and OS.


|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:49:49 Reply

At 7/29/09 09:18 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: Okay, wasting money on misinformed decisions is a good thing, and giving honest advice is bad. Wait a second, since when were my walls made of cheese?

Really, my friend? I thought we'd been through this before about six or seven times over the past several hours. I suppose I shall have to delineate even more clearly, and in doing so give the gift of insight to those slower children among us who clearly have thusfar been incapable of grasping such a simple concept as has been explained at length, and must be guided through the matter by the hand of a proverbial caring parent.

There are people in the world, you among them, who have grasped firmly within their psyche, the distinct impression that putting on vestments and standing, soapbox underfoot, upon an urban street-corner, shouting at the top of their lungs that the apocalypse is nigh, and that all who refuse to repent and to convert, on the very spot, to whatever form of reality the aforementioned preacher subscribes to, is an unrepentant sinner, and will be sent to burn in the fiery depths for their transgressions -- which essentially amount to the exercising of personal choice -- is a method of conversion conducive to the practices of freedom enjoyed by inhabitants of the western world. These people, I must take great pains to inform you, despite considering themselves in possession of the most enlightened viewpoint imaginable, are perhaps the saddest and most misguided members of the society they wish to rectify, because they believe that the free exchange of insults and violent threats and ideas, are enough to convince the masses to adopt such a viewpoint as their own out of fear, and out of a sense of being imminently forced into a false choice between two worlds, when indeed no choice need be made based solely upon the biased testimonials of others, whose vested interests interfere with the accurate conveyance of information to individuals seeking enlightenment.

And these people, you must also realize, sell humanity short when they believe in their own ability to convert on the spot those whose viewpoints are removed by orders of magnitude from their own fringe fanaticism. People don't want, nor do they need to be bombarded with slogans from either end of the spectrum, from the mouths of people who deal in supposition and intrigue and seek only to bolster their ranks, as if it somehow reinforced their legitimacy as a competitor, and didn't come off as a sign of desperation and frustration, that by anyone in the world not subscribing to their singular train of thought, it was somehow a failure to be rectified on their part. On the contrary, variety, it is said, is the spice of our lives. Not only do some people prefer the functionality of competitors, but they prefer the programs available, and what can be done with those programs. They are concerned about the product they can produce, how efficiently they can produce it, and how effectively it can be made to perform whatever function is set forth by the person who designs it. The end user is not concerned about the means, so much as the end, and that is why Computer Partisans are an unnecessary middleman, interfering with the decisions of that end user, who is perfectly capable of making informed, researched decisions on his own without biased interference surrounding him on all sides.


BBS Signature
Jerich0
Jerich0
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Stop buying computers! 2009-07-29 21:52:29 Reply

Does intel make Quad cores or is that AMD only? Also If you needed 4.0 GHz could you get there with a 3.0 ghz quad core. Whats the conversion for adding dual and quad core together?


BBS Signature