Prime Minister Ariel Sharon of Israel announced plans to
evacuate 17 Jewish settlements from the Gaza Strip. "I am
working on the assumption that in the future there will be
no Jews in Gaza," he said. Yasir Arafat expressed
disbelief, right-wing politicians were outraged, and one
political ally suggested that the prime minister was merely
trying to distract attention from corruption scandals that
could result in his indictment.

So, what d'y'all think, is it the love, or the shaft? H-Dawg wants to know...

<deleted>
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 3rd, 2004 @ 02:59 PM Reply

Whether or not he's just doing this for publicity or he's sincerely doing it out of good will is irrelevant if you ask me. I'm just happy to see that there won't be as much blood loss in that part of the world now.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 3rd, 2004 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 2/3/04 02:59 PM, punk_hippy wrote: Whether or not he's just doing this for publicity or he's sincerely doing it out of good will is irrelevant if you ask me. I'm just happy to see that there won't be as much blood loss in that part of the world now.

Hear hear. At least there isn't going to be as much violence and death there.

stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 2/3/04 04:47 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 2/3/04 02:59 PM, punk_hippy wrote: Whether or not he's just doing this for publicity or he's sincerely doing it out of good will is irrelevant if you ask me. I'm just happy to see that there won't be as much blood loss in that part of the world now.
Hear hear. At least there isn't going to be as much violence and death there.

nope. As proven time and time again, when you go easy on palestine, they just blow EVEN MORE jews up(thinks before Shaaron, when they were offered more land than ever before, which just caused them to break out into their litle Jihad). He(shaaron, should go back to his violent, no quarters given policy. It's what he advocated when he was beeing elected, and it's the only way to solve the palestinian problem.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Pimp, woul I be right in thinking that your solution to this problem would be either one of the following?

a) Kill everyone in Isreal. Period.
b) Kill all the Palestinians?

stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 2/4/04 11:35 AM, bumcheekcity wrote: Pimp, woul I be right in thinking that your solution to this problem would be either one of the following?

a) Kill everyone in Isreal. Period.
b) Kill all the Palestinians?

nope:
steps for peace in ISrael:
1)military action against Palestine resulting in regime change.
2)executions of all terrorrists
3)give palestine some land.
4)peace has just been achieved

Dagodevas
Dagodevas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 2/4/04 11:42 AM, stonedpimp69 wrote: 1)military action against Palestine resulting in regime change.

I've heard this one before; but where?

So if we kill a few terrorists and redistribute land everything will be set? Wrong. Terrorists are only part of the problem. It isn't just terrorists causing the problem, it's also renegade citizens. Even if we give them a little land, things still wouldn't be set. The Middle East doesn't want any Jews in the Arab nations.

That’s how I see it anyway.

stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 2/4/04 01:03 PM, Dagodevas wrote:

:blah(which was correct and made sense)

Yes. BUT then Israel has every right to say, that: You can't blame it on the terrorrists anymore, we gave you a cahnce, you didn't take it, so now die mofos. Get what i'm saying?

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 2/4/04 11:42 AM, stonedpimp69 wrote: nope:

Actually, that seems like a pretty reasonable way to organise regime change. I am assuming all the Isralian Terrorists would be executed as well?

bombkangaroo
bombkangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 2/4/04 04:45 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 2/4/04 11:42 AM, stonedpimp69 wrote: nope:
Actually, that seems like a pretty reasonable way to organise regime change. I am assuming all the Isralian Terrorists would be executed as well?

well he did say all, although i havent seen any reports of recent incidents of israeli terrorist actions.

what many forget is that the occupation of territories siezed during the six day war is being used as an excuse for a genocidal war of hatred against the israelis. even if the occupied territories are returned there will still be terrorism, just as there was before 1967. the six day war was started because (some of) the arab nations took exceptions to jews being alive.

there will never be peace in the middle east until the terrorists are crushed completely.

Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 4th, 2004 @ 09:09 PM Reply

At 2/4/04 08:41 PM, bombkangaroo wrote: well he did say all, although i havent seen any reports of recent incidents of israeli terrorist actions.

what many forget is that the occupation of territories siezed during the six day war is being used as an excuse for a genocidal war of hatred against the israelis. even if the occupied territories are returned there will still be terrorism, just as there was before 1967. the six day war was started because (some of) the arab nations took exceptions to jews being alive.

Talking about occupation and seize, do you actually KNOW how the modern Israel was founded? That's a "glass roof house" as we say here, y'know.

there will never be peace in the middle east until the terrorists are crushed completely.

That depends on what do you consider terrorism. Of course, palestinians aren't happy goody-two-shoes guys, but that doesn't mean that they're all going to attach a bomb to their bodies and blow up. Most of the suicide bombers are fanatical, radical extremists. Just because you have a big tank when you kill innocent people dosn't stop you from being a terrorist, y'know. (that doesn't mean that ALL israeli soldiers kill innocent people or are terrorists, tho). All i know, is that i wouldn't like to live there.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 2/4/04 08:41 PM, bombkangaroo wrote: there will never be peace in the middle east until the terrorists are crushed completely.

How about crushing the oppressors that cause the terrorist to become so?

bombkangaroo
bombkangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 2/5/04 02:31 AM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 2/4/04 08:41 PM, bombkangaroo wrote: there will never be peace in the middle east until the terrorists are crushed completely.
How about crushing the oppressors that cause the terrorist to become so?

those would be what oppressors exactly? certainly not the israelis, there has been fanatical islamic terrorism in the region long before the creation of israel.

i suppose then, it would have to be the palestinian leadership which glorifies suicide bombings in schools and teaches children to hate israelis. the leadership that supports the actions of murderers whose sole aim is to attack civilians, not the military. the leadership that uses the occupation of territories siezed during the six day war as an excuse, not a reason, to attack people because they are jews.

fact is, even if the israelis withdrew from the occupied territories there would still be terrorists. the attack people because they hate them, not because they have anything resembling a good reason.

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 11:21 AM Reply

The man has fought terrorism his entire life, now he's burned out. Like many Israelis, he probably doesn't want to fight anymore...which is fine, but he should resign his position.

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 06:29 AM Reply

At 2/5/04 11:19 AM, bombkangaroo wrote:

:: those would be what oppressors exactly? certainly not the israelis, there has been fanatical islamic terrorism in the region long before the creation of israel.

No, I'd have to say that Israel really has committed terrorist acts. And one of the worst terrorists is Ariel Sharon himself, who killed Palestinian women and children among other things in his earlier career as a military man.

i suppose then, it would have to be the palestinian leadership which glorifies suicide bombings in schools and teaches children to hate israelis. the leadership that supports the actions of murderers whose sole aim is to attack civilians, not the military.

Wow, that sounds a lot like Israel, not Palestine! Y'know, racism is racism, and its disgusting. Alot of Israelis are double guilty of racism since they have so much more power and military might than the Palestinians they beat up on, and so are alot of Palestinians, even though I think they probably have some very good justification given their treatment. Read some Edward Said on this.

bombkangaroo
bombkangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 2/6/04 06:29 AM, H-Dawg wrote: No, I'd have to say that Israel really has committed terrorist acts. And one of the worst terrorists is Ariel Sharon himself, who killed Palestinian women and children among other things in his earlier career as a military man.

source please?

Wow, that sounds a lot like Israel, not Palestine! Y'know, racism is racism, and its disgusting. Alot of Israelis are double guilty of racism since they have so much more power and military might than the Palestinians they beat up on, and so are alot of Palestinians, even though I think they probably have some very good justification given their treatment. Read some Edward Said on this.

pardon? since when do israelis teach hatred and try to inspire school children to become suicide bombers?

you do know that before the creation of israel it was the jews who were persecuted by the arab majority in the region? by your logic the israelis should be free to do as they please.

"they have so much more power and military might than the Palestinians they beat up on"

that sounds so ludicrously ignorant that i cannot believe you would actually post something so idiotic. the israeli military attacks terrorists, terrorists are not an ethnic group. their actions are therefore not racially motivated and as such are not "racist".

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 2/6/04 01:00 PM, bombkangaroo wrote:
At 2/6/04 06:29 AM, H-Dawg wrote: No, I'd have to say that Israel really has committed terrorist acts. And one of the worst terrorists is Ariel Sharon himself, who killed Palestinian women and children among other things in his earlier career as a military man.
source please?

Check out
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/features/15_01_04_c.asp
and in particular, www.palestinemonitor.org/israelipoli/sharon.htm
Here are the highlights of Sharon's military career exploits from the second article:"1952-53: Was recruited to lead commando raids into Jordanian territory in retaliation for attacks against Israeli settlements in the Jerusalem area by Palestinian freedom fighters (fedayeen). Formed Special Commando Unit 101.
October 1953: After the murder of three Jewish civilians, Unit 101 and a company of paratroopers carried out a reprisal raid against the Palestinian village of Kibya, in the West Bank. 69 residents, half of them women and children were killed as well as 45 houses destroyed. The international community protested the bloodshed resulting in this excessive use of force.
1954: Unit 101 merged with the Paratroops Battalions and Sharon was made the commander of the combined force. The paratroopers executed a series of reprisal and preemptive raids, conceived by Sharon, against targets in Jordan, Egypt and Syria during which numerous Arab soldiers and civilians were killed."

::

"they have so much more power and military might than the Palestinians they beat up on"

that sounds so ludicrously ignorant that i cannot believe you would actually post something so idiotic. the israeli military attacks terrorists, terrorists are not an ethnic group. their actions are therefore not racially motivated and as such are not "racist".

Oooooooh, yes they are. And in particular Sharon definitely is. And, even according to the accusations of his own military superiors, he has personally committed terrorist acts.

bombkangaroo
bombkangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 01:23 PM Reply

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_current_sharon.php

OMG look!!!11111
i can find the same information presented with a different bias!111!11!1

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 2/6/04 01:23 PM, bombkangaroo wrote: http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_current_sharon.php

OMG look!!!11111
i can find the same information presented with a different bias!111!11!1

So, your article asks the question regarding Sharon's Unit 101 exploits:
"Was this an accident or a war crime? As documented in the Palestine Facts topic page on Qibya, and the associated links, the deaths occurred during an Israeli raid on the base used by Palestinian Arab terrorists involved in attacks on Israeli civilians, especially a particularly vicious murder of a Jewish mother and her two infants the night before. The Arab civilian deaths were not deliberate; they were unfortunate casualties of the defensive action of the IDF responding to the terrorist attacks"
Hmmmm, so its ok, then, to attack a Palestinian village, full of innocent citizens, in retaliation for a terrorist attack? That's like saying the people from the area in which Timothy McVeigh bombed the office tower, should march into McVeigh's home town with tanks and guns, and blow away 69 of his neighbors and family, and flatten their homes in retaliation. Wouldn't that be insane? would that be a reasonable response? Sharon's actions (which were condemned internationally, and often by his own superiors) clearly link Palestinian terrorism with the Palestinian race, and that means that he is a racist, pure and simple. Even by your own evidence!

beaucoup-yeux
beaucoup-yeux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 03:52 PM Reply

how does moving settlements equate to love?

hes pissed off so many, and caused so many deaths, hes under pressure from the U.N., so now hes pulling out some of the settlements illegaly created. its a political move

stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 04:15 PM Reply

*too lazy to quote stupid things by H-Dawg*

So let's see. You said it yourself:The attack on the palestinian settlement was a RETALIATION. And please hink about this. *He defines Palestinian terrorrism as part of their culture* therefore *he is racist*
*PAlestinians TEACH terorrism, and antisemitism in schools, they are the oppressed, non racist innocents?*
very humorous....

Slizor
Slizor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 04:31 PM Reply

nope. As proven time and time again, when you go easy on palestine, they just blow EVEN MORE jews up(thinks before Shaaron, when they were offered more land than ever before, which just caused them to break out into their litle Jihad).

You're talking about the 1993 agreements, right? (where they still weren't offered a viable state.) And then the 2000 intifada? Is that your evidence?

The Six Day war was started by Israel, not by the Arab states. It can therefore be called a "landgrab" war.

stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 04:43 PM Reply

yes slizor that IS my evidence

Slizor
Slizor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 05:59 PM Reply

So you're arguing that an event that happened seven years prior directly caused the second Intifada? It wouldn't be about a general rising in tensions, Ariel Sharon's visit to Temple Mount or an increased amount of settlers, as most well-educated observers have concluded?

bombkangaroo
bombkangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 2/6/04 04:31 PM, Slizor wrote:

:: The Six Day war was started by Israel, not by the Arab states. It can therefore be called a "landgrab" war.

aggressions were initially started by the arab states, the israeli military was retaliating against aggressive actions taken against israel.

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 2/7/04 06:57 PM, bombkangaroo wrote:
At 2/6/04 04:31 PM, Slizor wrote:
The Six Day war was started by Israel, not by the Arab states. It can therefore be called a "landgrab" war.
aggressions were initially started by the arab states, the israeli military was retaliating against aggressive actions taken against israel.

Bu-bu-but, weren't contemporary hostilities between Israel and Palestine first caused by the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 by western superpowers who totally disregarded the arabs - or rather played Jews off of Arabs - in such a colonialist move? Read:
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/wpnz/oct8-00zionism.htm
and for the Zionist side, that basically says the same thing but calls Jews freedom fighters and Arabs terrorists, read:
http://www.adl.org/ISRAEL/Record/conflicts.asp
And for an excerpt from Chomski's and Said's excellent book on the subject that sheds some light on the U.S. strategies for using Zionist expansionism/ultranationalism to gain a strategic hold on oil, power, and position in the middle east, as well as using Israel as a stabilizing force against "unruly" arab nations, read:
http://www.southendpress.org/books/Fatefulexc.shtml

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Ok, ok, here's one more excellent paper on the subject of how the creation of the state of Israel was basically an "ethnic cleansing" of arabs from the region:
http://csf.colorado.edu/forums/ipe/2002/msg00413.html
To quote from the article "Origins of the state of Israel"
by Clinton Fernandes,
"The point here is that Israel was attacked AFTER the Zionists had taken control of a region well beyond the area of the original Jewish state that had been proposed by the UN and AFTER hundreds of thousands of [arab] civilians had been ethnically cleansed" (online, n.p.)

H-Dawg
H-Dawg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 09:28 PM Reply

And another thing, to quote myself, Sharon is a racist, bitch-ass muthafucka.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 09:42 PM Reply

Ok. So, anyone got a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Sharon loves Palestine after all? Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 2/6/04 04:15 PM, stonedpimp69 wrote: *PAlestinians TEACH terorrism, and antisemitism in schools,

Israelis teach anti-semitism in their classrooms, and love of the Israeli government, and their illegal military actions against Palestine, including settlements, etc., on recognized Palestinian territory. They also eat Palestinian babies.

See how pointless these statements are without a source to back them up?

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature