Be a Supporter!

How does NG feel about hiphop

  • 1,086 Views
  • 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:40 PM Reply

I wanna know newgrounds opinion on HipHop and R&B. I only like the stuff my brother makes.


BBS Signature
btriangle
btriangle
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:41 PM Reply

I like all types of music. But generally I have found that on this site, Hip - hop, rap, R&B, is not liked very much for some reason.

Mariousz
Mariousz
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:42 PM Reply

I don't find that hip hop is a music.It's just talking.


Nothing much to say.Viva la newgrounds

statueofdiveo
statueofdiveo
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 04:42 PM, Mariousz wrote: I don't find that hip hop is a music.It's just talking.

wow.

There's bad lame pop hip hop, and there's good artsy sampled groovy bobbing head skilled hip hop. Rap can be a very good thing. It can also (karlkoolkid1999) suck so much monkey....

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:51 PM Reply

It is very rare to find good hiphop and R&B. Sirhc7000 does a good job on it though.


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

denverbroncos59
denverbroncos59
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 04:42 PM, Mariousz wrote: I don't find that hip hop is a music.It's just talking.

Then clearly what you're listening to and considering "hip hop" isn't hip hop. That mainstream club crap is not hip hop...

At 7/27/09 04:40 PM, Parlux wrote: I wanna know newgrounds opinion on HipHop and R&B. I only like the stuff my brother makes.

For the most part, the artists are pretty lyrical and there are some very good beat makers. A lot of zero bombers in that section though so if you intend to post expect to have your score lowered everytime it enters above 4.42 haha

MoniMC
MoniMC
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 05:18 PM Reply

For the most part, the artists are pretty lyrical and there are some very good beat makers. A lot of zero bombers in that section though so if you intend to post expect to have your score lowered everytime it enters above 4.42 haha

Yupp. NG isn't a great place to place your hip-hop beats in my opinion...


BBS Signature
Cross666
Cross666
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 05:32 PM Reply

I think Hip-Hop's a pretty cool guy. He kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.


BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 05:42 PM Reply

I love hip hop especially the beats but I have noticed that the mob mentality has ruined it for everyone on this site. You see some of the best songs around being hate rated for no other reason then personal beef.


Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
varrin7
varrin7
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 05:57 PM Reply

I think it depends. I'm not a big fan in general, but I find the old style, classy rap/hip-hop to be somewhat enjoyable, compared to the vulgar, hypocritical, noise that is modern rap. And by hypocritical, I mean that all of the artists rap about how they grew up in the ghetto or whatever, yet with all the money they get for their music they stick to the same lifestyle? Then they want to complain about racism when they are arrested in a drug bust or gang violence or whatever.

So....old yes, modern no.
But classical new and old is always a big....fat....YES!


===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
DSMagnum
DSMagnum
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 04:42 PM, Mariousz wrote: I don't find that hip hop is a music.It's just talking.

There's a difference between Rap and Hip Hop. Rap is more focused on the lyrics than the beat, so what you get is more what you consider is talking. Hip Hop is a bit more focused on the beat so you get something that's catchier. What you hear on the radio is more Hip Hop and very little Rap.

I'm not a fan of these genres but I do like a few artists. Just not my taste in music.

boney-man
boney-man
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 07:17 PM Reply

I don't hate hip hop, but I do hate most of that commercial crap they make now. Old school hip hop was and still is the best to me, but occasionally songs like Chase & Status's Against All Odds come along, and those are great. So basically I still like the old school style, because Against All Odds still has that old school feel.

Now on NG in general, there's just a crapload of zero-bombing going on in the hip hop section. I have no idea why; some stuff there is good.


#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature
p4c
p4c
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 10:20 PM Reply

Hip hop in general?

there are a few hip hop songs in the commercial mainstream that i like, but in general, not much at all. the old school, while often not much more intelligent [though sometimes billion times more], was a lot catchier, so i liked it a lot more. i still cant get over snoop's old stuff haha. and there are a few newer ones that i really like, like Black Milk or DJ Deckstream and ppl like that. but i dont need to talk much about that, you guys probably know already.

though i have noticed that some of the newer songs seem really dumb and trite, but some artists like kanye [after the autotune saga haha] seem to be getting really jaded with it and turn them on their heads. like, you can watch the video for Drake-Best I Ever Had [directed by kanye! yay!] and just listen to everything their saying.... and at first look, you say, wow, that was just about the boobs and shit. but then if you wait and think about it a little deeper, you might realize that its actually really ironic, and i pretty damn sure that's intentional. and so i think they're really clever about it--sometimes, the mainstream has real intellectual depth hidden under the usual, sex-driven idiocy that drives the commercial industry, because 99% of people just often dont notice it.

As for newgrounds...

too many people try to emulate commercial styles, and id say thats probably a good majority , so you get white 10 year old wannabes half assing shitty brassy leads and spitting terrible, vapid raps. there are a few who are pretty good but overall i dont think ive seen many songs that show the kind of polish or finesse that i ever see from the underground nor the mainstream. i mean, link me to your favorite songs and ill def take a look at them. but the top scoring stuff that i've heard never really stood out too much to me so i havent listened to a lot of hip hop from ng recently. maybe i just didnt look hard enough.

TobaccoBandits
TobaccoBandits
  • Member since: Jul. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 10:31 PM Reply

I'm not a mainstream hip-hop/rap kinda guy. But if something is catchy and entertaining, I'm not going to ignore it because its a specific genre. I mostly play rock but if I'm in the mood and want to dance, I might record some rap thats catchy. I don't really get the artistry behind rap, as in rap or hip-hop made for any other reason than to dance, but to each his own. Did that make sense?

architecture
architecture
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 10:31 PM, TobaccoBandits wrote: I'm not a mainstream hip-hop/rap kinda guy. But if something is catchy and entertaining, I'm not going to ignore it because its a specific genre. I mostly play rock but if I'm in the mood and want to dance, I might record some rap thats catchy. I don't really get the artistry behind rap, as in rap or hip-hop made for any other reason than to dance, but to each his own. Did that make sense?

I take it you never listened to A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Pharcyde, DJ Shadow, or for that matter a good majority of downtempo. There is alot of art that goes into some hip hop productions. Sampling the old fashion way was an art.

take for example, the Emu SP12. One of the first all in one sampling, sequencing machines made around 1985. 12 bit 27khz sampling rate, 5 seconds max sampling time. Producers had to find ways to make full sounding tracks with those limitations at hand. So they would speed up records to 78 RPM, and slow them down in the machine to get longer sampling times, as the sampling rate was fixed. The sound literally defined the late 80's and early 90s hip hop sound. Numerous producers still use them too.

Ive used one too, and trust me, after working with 5 seconds of sampling time, even 30 seconds is like omg what do I do with all this sampling time? People had to do some serious sample digging and careful sampling. That was an art all on its own.

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Like all genres NG has a lot of shitty hip-hop, but if you dig (and you don't have to dig that hard) you'll find a wicked amount of good tunes. Check out my favorites, quite a few of them are hip-hop related.


BBS Signature
Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 03:25 AM Reply

2/3 new hip-hop submitters to the audio portal get banned for their first song. Fact.

UndergroundOnly
UndergroundOnly
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 AM Reply

i love uploading, hopefully if this site unbans me i can upload


BBS Signature
KgZ
KgZ
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 11:08 AM Reply

I just finished a hiphop beat and you tell me.

By the way I'm more into the instrumental artists like Nujabes and Nomak.


www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

nathanallenpinard
nathanallenpinard
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 11:42 AM Reply

Hip-hop, RnB, or rap to me is actually difficult. Mainly because the repetitiveness is hard to get by. However, the contacts I have in LA are pretty much making me want to submit some tracks for artists. But in the process I'd like to add some of "me" if possible.

p4c
p4c
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 04:24 PM Reply

who said you _had_ to make hip hop repetitive? a lot is, but right about now im jst imagining how an orchestral hip hop song could sound without being repetitive and its making a lot of sense to me at the moment.

denverbroncos59
denverbroncos59
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 7/28/09 03:44 PM, benyue1978 wrote:
At 7/28/09 11:42 AM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Hip-hop, RnB, or rap to me is actually difficult. Mainly because the repetitiveness is hard to get by. However, the contacts I have in LA are pretty much making me want to submit some tracks for artists. But in the process I'd like to add some of "me" if possible.
Don't sell yourself out to another genre that will never truly appreciate you. The Rap hip-hop community will chew you up and spit you out like yesterday's flavour. Focus on classical. That's the one true genre that will outlast EVERYTHING.

So you say don't sell out to a genre but instead do a genre that isn't you? I do rap because it is the best way I can express myself and make my opinions known. There is no one safe genre. Everybody is gonna do what they enjoy the most. Music I relate to the best is punk bands like the Offspring and Sum 41. Linkin Park is another one that I see eye to eye with(meteora). No matter what type of music you make, you'll be reaching somebody...Think of it like that, not as pleasing everybody cause that won't happen

InGenius
InGenius
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 06:57 PM Reply

So, after alot of non-Hip-hop NG answers, here's one from someone who has put in time on HHNG:

I love hip-hop, but then again I love music in most of it's forms. I think every genre of music has it's position in the scheme of things, and I love how hip-hop can tie complete opposites together and make them mesh so cleanly. Look at a hip-hop track from an artist mentioned earlier, DJ Shadow, and you'll note orchestral, electronic, pop and even rock influences coming together in new ways to make Hip-hop. This is why it's such a good spot to be in, because Hip-hop is so diverse.

Now, the problem with hip-hop: since it burst onto popular radio the name "Hip-hop" has been branded on some of the worst music of the last 3 decades. This has caused the genre to seem flimsy, flat, repetitive, "dumbed down", and many other derrogatory adjectives. Look at the replies in this thread alone and you'll find generalizations like "it's all talking", "it's not music", etc.

The image alot of people have of Hip-hop is not the image that true fans have because of the difference sbetween pop/bubblegum hip-hop of the mainstream and the multitude of sub-genres within Underground Hip-hop. It's rare for good hip-hop to make it to the mainstream, mostly because popular music controls the stations and what's popular IS dumbed down. The average music consumer is now under the age of 18, has an attentiton span of less than 2 1/2 minutes, and doesn't want to think about the message in the music, so the most popular music is this "Boom Boom Pow" BS that is simple, catchy, and takes very little IQ.

Regardless of what I think, though, in the end no amount of examples of hip-hop which does not conform to the generalizations is going to sway some people about the musicality of hip-hop. And if it did, I'd only point to three artists: DJ Shadow, Madlib, and RJD2. Listen to this instrumental, heavily ambient, hip-hop if you really are open minded but simply haven't found good hip-hop yet.

p4c
p4c
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 11:31 PM Reply

i think part of it is that nowadays with the current music industry is that first, the content of music has become less important, and second, focus has shifted from the instrumentals to the vocalists.

the first point is that the vast majority of songs that come out today, regardless of genre, have lyrics that reflect some shallow, vapid form of love or emotionality. its everywhere. every song is about how someone's in love and cant describe it... or broke up with someone and feels sad, and still cant describe it, and they all talk in the same way. im not saying all do. im saying all the chart toppers and well known songs do, and thats really unfortunate. where hip hop fits in is that its easy to just call it "talking" because it no longer matters what they're talking about so long as it isnt offensive or anything, and thats unfortunate, because you get the messages in rap and R&b rendered often as more or less ignored.

the second one is exhibited by just looking at artists today. when you say hip hop ppl think rap, for one. the names of artists highlight the singers, regardless how talentless you may think they are--from britney spears to mylie cyrus to t.i. to lil' wayne to whoever--the dj in a hip hop group is ignored and the lead singer/rapper is highlighted, so nowadays hip hop is often construed as rappers once again instead of the work put into the instrumental background that supports the entire song, the turntablism and what not that holds it up. i think that might also have to do with the declining quality of the dj's who support the hip hop mainstream now--its mostly sucky shit nowadays, and thats unfortunate. the good dj's fade to obscurity because they arent the ones who bathe in fame.

i guess none of that has to do with NG hip hop specifically, but it does have to do with the post before me. idk, what do u think?

paublo666
paublo666
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 04:19 AM Reply

hmmmm it depends if its well thought out and the musician is also the singer/talker its pretty useless to have a singer that doesnt right the song doesnt sing and usually hip hop people sound pretty retarded in the way they talk
and the talking shouldnt be the main part of the music since its kind of boring its better to be slightly more techno lol

Scribbler
Scribbler
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 06:19 AM Reply

My main problem (and I am focusing on NG here because I've never frequented sites like Soundlick and all the other websites that supposedly promise fame and fortune in making beats) with the hip-hop scene is what it's become. Nowadays, anyone can do almost anything with a laptop and this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not saying that everyone is terrible, but I'm also not saying they're good.

Sure, if you truly make music that is good (and this is different for everyone,) it will stand above the rest, the problem is that there is too much of "the rest." I do not know how many times I have listened to a generic synth-laden hip-hop beat that sounds like, well, about 12 other beats I listened to the other weak. Music aside, a seemingly big thing about hip-hop music today is production and a lot of tracks, even with fantastic ideas and hooks, suffer from stock-sounds and generic loops.

Garageband, Acid Pro, etc... While I love all these programs, they encourage users to just use the pre-made loops and that alone, adds to this "rest" I am talking about; all that music out there that clutters the other tracks.

I like hip-hop, and hip-hop is different from rap. When a track has lyrics, I'll be honest, I hardly ever listen to them. I usually treat the vocals as an extra instrument. I've been doing this all my life and it may not be the best way but it's what I know, and it's my love for instrumentals. Whether I'm popping in a new CD to listen to for the first time or it's a track I've been playing on a loop for the past two hours, I start by focusing on the beat (or what have you) and forget about the lyrics or their "meaning."

I love good lyrics and respect good em cees out there but I like to dabble in making beats myself and I genuinely believe that the instruments make about 80% of a song; sometimes more, (sometimes less.) The vocals, for me, are just another layer in the layout.

Give me a guy who can come up with his own drum sounds, drums that don't sound like the "Untitled Hip Hop Track #56" that your neighbor's son just posted on his myspace for the fifth time this week. Give me a guy who knows that "hip-hop," doesn't just mean MODERN or OL-SKOOL, or anything else. Hip-hop is whatever you want it to be. Give me a guy who can refrain from aspiring to become a multi-millionaire through "making beats" and give me that same guy who's just content with just pursuing it as a hobby. Give me that same guy who's not all about quantity but also about quality and dedicated to enhancing and bettering his passion, not cluttering it to make a name for himself as the "most posted tracks within a week" sort of producer.

Having said that, I guess we need some of those chip-chasers. Those who only do this for the dough and actually have no love for the art. Those who pay websites a monthly fee to rack numbers and statistics that honestly, at the end of the day, don't matter. Those who pay for bots to up-vote their songs. Those who like to vote zero on any other song that's not theirs; and yes, even people they may have collaborate with in the past...

And when I say "guy," it can definitely be a girl too. :)

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 07:05 AM Reply

At 7/28/09 04:48 AM, UndergroundOnly wrote: i love uploading, hopefully if this site unbans me i can upload

Yes, you love uploading.
You upload copyrighted material, copyrighted to the bands and their producers/ record label.
That's why you'll probably stay banned even when the new mod tools will come :)

ah, forgot... your uncle was in the band you uploaded... well, my brother, Lars... you know, Lars Ulrich plays also in some band but I'm not uploading them. Let them struggle for fame, like I did.

See guys ? That's the problem with hip-hopers here, they almost always break the rules.
Copyrighted backings, copyrighted samples, hateful and offensive language... just name it and you'll probably find it.

InGenius
InGenius
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Soro, you're talking about a small group of HHNG posters, and this fight will continue ad infinitum because, as I've said before, sampling is a part of hip-hop, and if sampling is so evil that it must be eradicated then so are the remakes and downright midi rips of copywritten video game music, techno, rock, punk, goth, and even some of the expressly stolen sheet music from contemporary orchestral music. On the sheet music I remember, while in stage and marching bands through middle and high school, there is a copyright section maintaining that failure to purchase the rights to record, and play for the general public, the piece from the publishing company holding said rights is a breach in copyright laws. This is with contemporary, modern music and not with long dead composers mind you, yet I guarantee there are pieces that have been uploaded here which were recorded from sheet music with no consideration for getting publishing rights, which is in direct violation of CC licensing.

Before it's stated, how would you police that issue if you're an admin or mod of this site? You can't, but this just brings to light the very reason that the policing of the vast majority of the CC licensing rules has lead to nothing but in-fighting amongst musicians and producers here, but I find it funny that only in discussions about acapellas used in techno remixes and sampling in the hip-hop portal do we find this discussion frothing with such hatred and over-generalization. Why is it that NO ONE ever addresses my constant comments on the fact that all video game music is copywritten? Because we all know that it is, we all know that it's illegal to remake, remix, or rip video game music, yet we don't like to admit it because that would prove that hip-hop and Techno, the most maligned sections of the site, are not the evil that they are painted to be. And, since contemporary sheet music is also copywritten, I'd hazard few if any of the orchestral producers and musicians here who've uploaded their audio versions of Thomas Ades "Selections from 'The Tempest'" or music from Alexei Rybnikov's "Juno" (merely examples of copywritten, contemporary music) would like to admit that they are breaking ToS of the CC license.

Regardless, hip-hop music is NOT made up entirely of the "bad apples" that we all seem to be discussing at length, not that sampling is a "bad apple" medium anymore so than painting nude models is, but both are seen by certain "artistic elitists" as not having a place in their world view of music and art, respectively. And really that's what it comes down to, the passing over of the field full of bright stars to pick at the rotting apples, so to speak. Most people who are not hip-hop heads look at hip-hop as the culmination of it's mistakes rather than as the amalgamation of it's extremely wide influences.

Yes, we have some banal, repetitive, meaningless skeletons in the closet of hip-hop, and more of those are seen as the "face" of our genre on a daily basis, but don't presume that, because there are 5 artists looping your beloved "Moonlight Sonata" with a horribly looped break from a 70's disco record, there are no other forms of hip-hop, no beautiful compositions, no catchy and new pieces of hip-hop infused music, and no one willing to take a chance on something. We're here, but many of us are sick enough of this conversation, debate, and arguement that we don't blast a horn every five seconds to let you all know how to find us. If you want to find us, you will.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 05:13 PM Reply

@ Scribbler
Man, you really took your time to write it and despite the fact that people hate big blocks of text, I really liked what you said.

@InGenius
Man, don't get me wrong.
I love sampling, sampling can be sometimes very creative. I love also Hip-Hop and Rap.
Even Miles Davis have a Jazz-Rap/ Hip-Hop album, full of samples, loops from other Jazz brothers artists. That is one of my all times favorite albums.
Even if NG rules are against using loops and sampling loops from vinyl discs get under same rule, I personally wouldn't mind.
If a hip-hoper would use samples from other music style, that would be creative... still against NG rules, but creative.

When I ranted about using copyrighted material I was referring about taking whole tracks or backing tracks from other artists and sing/ rap along over the original track.
If you think that those are few, just browse more and you'll see.

And yes, all the video game section is odd...70-80% are MIDI rips, only few people make covers for real there, one is DarKsidE555 who rearrange and play everything in Metal style in a very original way.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to How does NG feel about hiphop Jul. 29th, 2009 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 7/29/09 05:17 PM, manicmonkeydrummer wrote: I love hip-hop but hate RnB. RnB is so samey and commerical where as hip-hop is real music and comes with the whole B-Boy culture. My fave type of music is Drum n Bass though which often incorperates hip-hop, if ya get the chance check this hip hop/ DnB track I made recently :)

Please, don't advertise your audio. I mean, your post is ok, but not the last part where you just advertise your audio. If you want to advertise your audio in the BBS go to the Audio Advertisements thread.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature