00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

todays movies suck

4,077 Views | 48 Replies

Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 22:18:28

Dark Knight? Half-Blood Prince? King Kong? Not every movie made today sucks.

"Great power comes with chains..."

Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 22:59:24

At 7/25/09 09:21 PM, AlternativaPlatform wrote: Go watch fucking AMC if you going to bitch about movies.

those movies are too old but you know what movie i want to watch, the hurt locker that looks badass, but why wont it show comercialls anymore, its not even in the theatres yet, they should still be showing commercials.......sadly i feel the hurt locker will end up like terminator salvation: people will stop making comercialls and forget about it *sigh*

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 23:17:39

There are loads of great movies being made, but as with any medium, they don't hop up and ring your doorbell. You have to seek them. What's popular usually won't contain the best.

Books, music, visual arts, etc., it applies the same way.

x

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 23:25:42

Yeah, the only good movies I've seen all year was 'The Wrestler' and 'Gran Torino'. Movies used to be an Art Form, not a Cash Cow... Or maybe it was but atleast they still made them good back in the day.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 23:30:10

I've seen a ton of good movies recently

Most new movies are terrible but there are a load of really good ones too :)

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 01:23:19

I watched Doubt the other day and it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Less than a year old I believe. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep were simply stunning. I love the fact it was adapted from a play, and the playwright directed the film.

Dangerous Basterds was a good refreshment as well.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 01:24:18

At 7/25/09 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: does anyone else think so too? i mean like the movie trailer movies, like that movie 2012(whick has epic fail written all over it)

Of course it's going to suck.
It's made by the guys that made Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow.

*sigh,* i mean seriously, "aliens in the attic?" wow thats an original idea..... >:[

Why are you bitching about a kids' movie?
Are you going to watch it?
Are you even in the target audience?

i wonder when they will start making good movies again, that movie "9" looks good but they made it overdramatic with the heavy metal guitars and stuff, also its made by tim burton so im not watching it, that guys creepy....

TIM BURTON DID NOT MAKE "9" IT'S DIRECTED BY SHANE ACKER, AND IS BASED ON A SHORT FILM HE DID IN 2005.
TIM BURTON DOES NOT MAKE EVERYTHING HIS NAME'S ATTACHED TO.
Christ, you fucking kids think he makes EVERYTHING.

Also, it's a trailer.
You're letting your viewing choices be dictated by trailers?
Trailers always lie.

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:33:54

Speaking of 2012, we all die so it won't matter.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:36:05

NOSTALGIA FILTER!

All movies in all decades had moments of failure in it. You know? You just gotta know what your looking for and everything will be alright. So please this Nostalgia tentedness isn't going to help. Your childhood doesn't mean shit if all you did was watch tv/play video games and got beaten for doing bad (or had shit taken away from you).

I am the all the one and the master of the lulz...those who deny my mastery of lulz shall be smittin with a brick in there pants I give no mercy, no quarter, no rights.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:36:12

most movies have potential to be good,but it's usualy the fault of the makers because they want it to make it pg-13 and shit like that so little kids can go see water down movies.Look at the dark night it was rated R and was good made like a billion internationally.....so yeah.

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:36:43

At 9/19/09 02:12 AM, faxmunky wrote: And the best ones ever made in this decade imo are The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies. They're probably also the only trilogies released in this decade as well lol.

We need more movies like those.

I have nothing to say to you....Except you're wrong on at least 2 levels.

My gut is telling me no...but my gut is also very hungry....

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:58:27

You have to realize that after awhile, it seems like everything has already either been made or re-made. Movie studios end up going for anything sometimes to not go bankrupt and to just put something out.

I mean, look at "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", it's a movie based on a childrens book and yet it has nothing to do with the book period.

I mean, there also making "Where the Wild Things Are" into a movie.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 02:58:33

At 7/25/09 06:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: Please, there's loads of good films coming out these days. Star Trek was fantastic.

NO. OUT, NOW. That film may of been a passable experience (except for the spams that were the unwatchable outdoor scenes and the warp speed story line) but it was not a Trek movie. Damn you mainstream retards, DAMN YOU!!!!!!

/nerdrage

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 18:44:08

At 7/25/09 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: does anyone else think so too? i mean like the movie trailer movies, like that movie 2012(whick has epic fail written all over it)

*sigh,* i mean seriously, "aliens in the attic?" wow thats an original idea..... >:[

i wonder when they will start making good movies again, that movie "9" looks good but they made it overdramatic with the heavy metal guitars and stuff, also its made by tim burton so im not watching it, that guys creepy....

I didn't watch Transformers, or Transformers 2, and everybody thought I was being stupid. No, I just don't like Michael Bay's movies.

As for 2012, I really think the whole world ending in 2012 thing is bullshit. If you took the time to actually figure out what the Mayan calendar says, it clearly states that 2012 WILL NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD.

F*ck your noise, I jam to my OWN tunes!

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 19:00:55

I loved these old movies, like Upin Smoke with Cheech and Chong from 1978.

Good times, good times.

Bananular.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 20:12:43

At 9/19/09 06:44 PM, SalemWaribara wrote:
As for 2012, I really think the whole world ending in 2012 thing is bullshit. If you took the time to actually figure out what the Mayan calendar says, it clearly states that 2012 WILL NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD.

Mayan calender says need new calender, pretty much, but any excuse for an Independence Day/The Day After Tomorrow/Godzilla type movie and we'll get it.

Wait a minute... It's the same Director/Producer! For all of those and 2012!

As for Comic Book = KIDZ Movie... Watchmen grossed me out in places, I'm 18, The Crow is a Comic Book Movie, as is Spawn and Judge Dredd (which sucks balls as a movie). V for Vendetta, Persepolis, Sin City... All comic books - none for kids. Arguement broken - favouring people without a stereotype that comics are for kids.

Bloody Spiderman 604 (last week's issue) had implied rape from the Chameleon disguised as Peter Parker.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 20:17:03

Wikus Van de Merwe says "FOOK YOU".

ahaha god damnit i'm here.

BBS Signature

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 20:27:13

You have a point, however, there are great movies these days and some average ones and some sucky ones, but not all of them suck

Response to todays movies suck 2009-09-19 20:29:04

indie films you cant go wrong with an indie film. recently i discovered a german film called moebius 17 and i had to say it wasnt that bad. though they could have worked on the storyline other than that it wa sa good film.

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature