New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:43:55 Reply

does anyone else think so too? i mean like the movie trailer movies, like that movie 2012(whick has epic fail written all over it)

*sigh,* i mean seriously, "aliens in the attic?" wow thats an original idea..... >:[

i wonder when they will start making good movies again, that movie "9" looks good but they made it overdramatic with the heavy metal guitars and stuff, also its made by tim burton so im not watching it, that guys creepy....

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:44:50 Reply

Everything sucks. Get over it.

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:45:43 Reply

i hate my generation thank fucking god my mom was raised in the 50s where kids acctualy got beat nowadays parents get arrested just for touching their kids fucking CPS makes the kids pussys

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
UndergroundOnly
UndergroundOnly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:48:14 Reply

At 7/25/09 06:45 PM, FatJoe214 wrote: i hate my generation thank fucking god my mom was raised in the 50s where kids acctualy got beat nowadays parents get arrested just for touching their kids fucking CPS makes the kids pussys

remind me of my mom, she beat the fuck outta me when i was younger, but i deserved it so i understand i was a pain in the ass kid, but it wasent for the beatings that made me behaved, i would have dropped out so i gotta thank my mom

BBS Signature
Foreshadow
Foreshadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:50:00 Reply

Well, now all it takes to make a box-office hit is to have crazy ass special effects, Attractive women, and some gratuitous sex/nudity. Top that off with a lead actor who is "totally fine" to women, and you're in.

I'm talking to you, Transformers and Twilight
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:52:35 Reply

At 7/25/09 06:44 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: Everything sucks. Get over it.

not life

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:53:51 Reply

movies sucked before aswell, its the fact that the only ones people remember are the good ones, makes it look as if only good films came out before.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:54:58 Reply

Please, there's loads of good films coming out these days. Star Trek was fantastic.

If you want upcoming stuff, "The Cabin In The Woods" should be excellent. It's Joss Whedon's take on the horror genre, so expect humour in with the horror.

Another one I'm keeping an eye on is "Burning Bright". A woman wakes up to find her herself stuck in her house during a hurricane with her autistic brother. Stuck in the house with her autistic brother, AND A MOTHERFUCKING TIGER. This HAS to be awesome.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Barbaro666
Barbaro666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:56:14 Reply

At 7/25/09 06:44 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: Everything sucks. Get over it.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

UndergroundOnly
UndergroundOnly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:56:54 Reply

they were shitty movies since the dawn of movie making, anyone remember reefer madness in the 30's

horrible movie

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 18:58:09 Reply

At 7/25/09 06:53 PM, xKore wrote: movies sucked before aswell, its the fact that the only ones people remember are the good ones, makes it look as if only good films came out before.

no, i remember before, like 2003 nothing but good movies came out, 2004 was great and after 2005 shit just started to suck, some good stuff came out like "Borat" or "norbit" and "the simpsons movie"but not everything was great

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:00:28 Reply

At 7/25/09 06:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: Please, there's loads of good films coming out these days. Star Trek was fantastic.

Star Trek was alright if you went in knowing it wouldn't be very Star Trek. All the sci-fi technobabble and diplomacy and general intellectual parts were dropped in favor of EXPLOSIONS AND TITS. By all means a good movie, i saw it at iMax and really enjoyed it as an experience but it's not one of those greats i'd watch over and over. Coincidentally, i hope movie producers learn that for an iMax film, Star Trek was about 10-20 minutes too long. The queue for the men's toilets afterward was huge.

Up! is probably the best film out this year. Cinematic bliss in my opinion.

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:01:40 Reply

Everything this millennium sucks.

The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

Biggieboy
Biggieboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:05:44 Reply

First of all, it depends on what your definition of "good" and "bad" is.

But I have to agree, most movies nowadays are loaded with special effects, and low in storyline. But if that's what the people want...why change it if the people aren't asking for anything else?

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:05:45 Reply

At 7/25/09 07:00 PM, Idocreating wrote:
At 7/25/09 06:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: Please, there's loads of good films coming out these days. Star Trek was fantastic.

i doubt it, it will be just like EVERY disney/dreamworks movie ever made, no originality whatsoever, same "movie magic" and retarded adventure crap about love and freindship, count me out, yuck.
i would rant about it but i always do rant about disney and its always the same cheapshot i make, so no.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:06:55 Reply

Have you seen Moon? That came out last week and it's absolutely amazing.

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:11:43 Reply

Thats Hollywood and plus its summer releases, all the Oscar/Bafta type movies come out in January or there abouts.

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
scarykid
scarykid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:11:54 Reply

The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Cloverfield, the new Rambo movie..That's all I can think of recently that came out and that were awesome, stop watching kids movies and maybe you will see there are good movies out there.

Only black is true, only death is real.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:23:39 Reply

At 7/25/09 07:11 PM, scarykid wrote: The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Cloverfield, the new Rambo movie..That's all I can think of recently that came out and that were awesome, stop watching kids movies and maybe you will see there are good movies out there.

kids movies? these trailers were playing while i was watching bruno(which i thought was halarious) you buttwipe >:C

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:23:44 Reply

At 7/25/09 07:05 PM, sweet21 wrote:
i doubt it, it will be just like EVERY disney/dreamworks movie ever made, no originality whatsoever, same "movie magic" and retarded adventure crap about love and freindship, count me out, yuck.
i would rant about it but i always do rant about disney and its always the same cheapshot i make, so no.

This is the train of thought that develops in the brain when puberty hits. Anything that looks remotely cutesy is deemed to be not worth anyone's time, and in it's place there's a huge need to prove how MANLY and MACHO you are.

All it really makes you look like is an idiot trying to be cool by being into "grim and gritty" subject matter and not being into "baby stuff!"

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 19:52:25 Reply

At 7/25/09 07:23 PM, Idocreating wrote:
At 7/25/09 07:05 PM, sweet21 wrote:
This is the train of thought that develops in the brain when puberty hits. Anything that looks remotely cutesy is deemed to be not worth anyone's time, and in it's place there's a huge need to prove how MANLY and MACHO you are.

All it really makes you look like is an idiot trying to be cool by being into "grim and gritty" subject matter and not being into "baby stuff!"

dude what the fuck you talking about! its ALWAYS the same fucking shit over and over again! im not trying to impress any of you! im posting my point and my opinion but FINE, let me explain EVERY Disney movie ever made right now!

here is the same retarded ass order and sequence of events it always goes in!

1)it stars some jackass kid who either a: nobody likes or b: is popular and a fuckbunch of stupid and unnecesary greetings and unrealistic motions, (2)some stupid ass thing happens causing some retarded adventure, more unrealistic motions and that stupid music thing that happens whenever someone falls over or gets hit
(3)he meets some freinds and some girl he likes, trys to talk to her but totally fucks up and says some wannabe cool crap like "dude i am rejected" "harsh man"
(4) the villain is introduced in a stupid fasion
(5) the guy fucks up and nobody likes him
(6) someone gets their ass saved at the last minute and everyone likes him again
(7) stupid ass "fight scene" with everyone owning the badguys in an unrealistic fasion
(8)and everyone lokes the main character again and he gets the girl after learning some stupid life changing lesson
(9) retarded fruity ending which resembles the begining and EVERYONE is smiling at each other and more stupid unrealistic motions the end.

dont you fucking get?! its all the same bull shit every mother fucking time!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Rokas1337
Rokas1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 20:21:34 Reply

ever heard of a tv, you bum? get a life and stop complaining... and if u cant do that... kill yourself

Tiggargh
Tiggargh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 20:37:50 Reply

Am I the only onewho is bored of all these "Today's X sucks," threads? Seriously, get over yourselves, just because you dno't like it doesn't mean it sucks. We've had so many threads like this it's not funny anymore.

BBS Signature
gizmo12345
gizmo12345
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 20:40:32 Reply

my dad told me he only hit me once....once

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 21:06:39 Reply

At 7/25/09 08:21 PM, Rokas1337 wrote:

and if u cant do that... kill yourself

okay fine, you go first

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
blanblan
blanblan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 21:18:09 Reply

At 7/25/09 07:52 PM, sweet21 wrote:
dont you fucking get?! its all the same bull shit every mother fucking time!

Sounds nothing like any Disney-Pixar movie I've ever seen.

What are you even complaining about?

lawlmaster
lawlmaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 21:20:40 Reply

You're telling me that Gran Torino sucks, boy to you have terrible taste in movies.

A spear in your chest and a fire in your ass. I only play as Scorpion in MK games, because I'm that much of a fanboy.

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 21:25:27 Reply

At 7/25/09 08:30 PM, Reed wrote: the dark knight and watchmen are two movies based off comic books, aka KIDS MOVIES
cloverfield was just some shitty over-hyped monster movie with a shaky camera which a lot of kids like
and rambo... pffft i hope that was a joke (and its also a kids movie btw i knew a couple kids who were obsessed with rambo)

Your dumb.

just because they are based on comics, does not make them kid movies. Watchmen is very adult, and the dark knight is not a kids movie, but no as bad as watchmen. just because kids like things doesnt make it a kids movie.Kids like call of duty, but that doesn't make it a kids game.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
Danny88
Danny88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 21:38:31 Reply

I agree before this millennium we had badass flicks like Mobsters, The Godfather, Menace II Society etc.

Bleh, what am I still doing here?

BBS Signature
AustinBreed
AustinBreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Game Developer
Response to todays movies suck 2009-07-25 22:00:04 Reply

I watched The Wrestler the other day, it was really good.

BBS Signature