00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Email Worms

5,965 Views | 46 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Email Worms 2004-02-01 21:56:31

If you haven't noticed there is an aggressive new email worm, MyDoom, spreading like wildfire. As a result NG Staff is being flooded with these virus emails. I get around 2,000 a day. We are aggressively filtering these out the best we can, but this may result in us missing some legit emails. So if you email us and we don't respond in a reasonable time, don't be upset and try again (if it's really important).

In other news we are setting up a new Paris Hilton collection. We could use some more good content for it, so if you submit something let me know.

Also we had some issues with the Database at the end of last week, and we are looking into that. We have been making a lot of changes to our system so some errors are to be expected. We have a new file server going online this week and we are hoping it will improve site performance.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:00:48

glad to here the site is all good
i hope you beat those nasty viruses
and man a paris hilton will rock
i just got the simple life dvd today and its funny as hell

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:01:03

At 2/1/04 09:56 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

:stuff

Whew! Good thing you managed to get my e-mail wade. :)
and I hope you enjoy the movie, Please dont keep me waiting too long O:-) hehehe

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:03:47

Allright, I'll remember that.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:05:02

About the email thing, damn that sucks, if it is coming from a certain email address block that email address, or you can advise ppl not to send them files/pictures in it because it could cantain a virus and just to be sure u have to delete that email!
and, damn u get 2000 emails a day? holy sh1t thats alot

about the paris hilton thing, y not search for paris hilton in ur search bar and add those to the group? and i wish i could tell u about a paris hilton flash I made but i dont kno how to make flash :-(

about the third thing...wat was the third thing about again??? lol

so yea i guess datz it

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:10:55

I remember somebody made a topic about the virus awhile ago, and everyone just called him a stupid n00b and told him to shut the hell up...

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:11:08

LOL These Paris Hilton things are GREAT!

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:16:46

And Wade, Altr submitted a Paris Hilton dressup some time ago, you could put that in the Paris Hilton section.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:16:46

That must suck. Like the second part though just can't wait for it to be up.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:30:23

geeeez man those damn virus are always spreading......LIKE MY LEGS. No not really.

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:36:04

Why do these hacker bastards have to do things like this? All virus makers should be casterated with a rusty nail clipper!!! GET A DAMNED GIRLFRIEND!!! or better yet, A LIFE OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMPUTER SPACE!!!!!!

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 22:37:09

hmm love those virus's. Mmmm paris hilton content...

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 23:34:08

i havent heard of this e-mail worm before. thanks for the heads-up

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-01 23:40:17

Glad to hear there was a legit reason for me getting errors a wee bit ago. **

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 00:32:02

Ha, I just saw that new Paris Hilton page today while browsing threw old stuff.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 00:48:34

I wonder if this is the same virus that was on the news the other day.

Apologies aren't what I look for. Redemption is what I want!

Look at my profile to see a true cockhead! DO IT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 00:51:03

In other news we are setting up a new Paris Hilton collection. We could use some more good content for it, so if you submit something let me know.

A new Collection is always cool. But what we really need is an Animutation Collection for all of those great Animutations throughout the site.

Don't you think?

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 01:10:37

Say Wade, I have yet to of recieved a reply to my email so I assume it was unread. I was simply wondering if you could put my movie, Spring, into the music video collection if that's not too much trouble.

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 02:02:05

hope you dont get virally fucked. luckily ive got none of the emails at all. its good to know that everything is working fine at this site

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 02:03:30

At 2/2/04 12:51 AM, Slimphatty wrote:

A new Collection is always cool. But what we really need is an Animutation Collection for all of those great Animutations throughout the site.

Thats a great idea man. Get some Trapezoid, DMK, and "insert name here", that would rock so hard.
"We drink ritalin!"

Don't you think?

Yes, sometimes.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 02:10:55

That viris is a pain luckly my computer won't let it in but it still tryed about 43 times.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 02:49:46

This virus is really bad...it's affected so many people and is so big...
I took note of it's appearance a few days ago and warned many people...hope that it gets fixed up soon...

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 03:01:23

My understanding is that it is only getting worse. I only hope it is curbed and the idiot responsible is brought in and forced to die from a spam burial. Not e-mail spam, but the actual mystery meat!

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 04:42:36

At 2/1/04 09:56 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Also we had some issues with the Database at the end of last week, and we are looking into that. We have been making a lot of changes to our system so some errors are to be expected. We have a new file server going online this week and we are hoping it will improve site performance.

i was wondering why i got a "this page will be back in 10 minutes message" and why it was so slow. well hope that will fix it.

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 05:51:06

I get like about five virus E-Mails a day.
My fav was from the E-Mail addres Poop@Pee.com
I never open them though!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 06:17:57

I got that bastard virus too! Fortunately I got it after they told us what to do on the news. I took my computer in for a check-up just in case, and they said I was lucky not to get affected. Wow, I can't believe a sorry little idiot who makes viruses could even dream of shutting down our beloved Newgrounds? I heard the other day that there is a price on his head! I hope someone catches him, especially someone from Newgrounds. >:D

Email Worms

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 06:41:24

How the hell would we catch the fuck? He is probably some 40 year old nerd that lives with his mom. We would have to start busting into houses and searching them.

It won't work.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 07:59:41

YA!!!
A dud3 mad a topic about that worm!!!

AND LOLz on the PAris Hilton Collection :)
I just might submit something :P

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 08:22:53

don't you think this is kinda pathetic though? No one would catch those viruses if they didn't open stupid emails, so why the fuck do they always spread so easily? And then they ask you to insure you're not infected ( probably hoping you'll go see a professionnal who'll charge you some dough.

omg conspiracy...

BBS Signature

Response to Email Worms 2004-02-02 11:14:37

glad to see that there is an actual warning...i did post a warning b4 but at least more people will hear about it