To improve on this formula even more I have added laws to it:
1. If the post is serious, Lulz = 1
2. Lulz is the amount of Lulz worthy statements (average user favorites)
3. Rage is plus or minus depending on if Lulz is present (If lulz is present rage is positive)
4. Sexual content also accounts for innuendos
5.Powerful title is either .5 or 1 depending on if it is a easily followed title
6. If epicness is undefined, a negative number, or zero, than the thread is truly not epic
Now if you graph the equation, you can see the life time of the thread. This accounts for its potential epicness, its highest level of epicness, and the length of its popularity.