New Topic Respond to this Topic
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2011-08-04 00:19:10 Reply

Rest assured there are far worse hard drugs to legalize than Marijuana. Any and all hard drugs should still be and forevermore shall be illegal. Only Hemp should be legalized people tend to forget if you only legalize Marijuana then Hashish will remain illegal therefore you should and shall put "Legalize Hemp" on your petition to your state congress not just "Marijuana." And while you're at it, lower the US drinking age to 18! If you're old enough to die for your country in a useless war, vote and smoke then you qualify for Alcohol!

Iron Claw has spoken!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-11 08:10:25 Reply

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I realize this is indeed a long bump but rest assured it is indeed justified. It would seem someone else has started a redundant thread which is against the rules. I'm not trying to be up on mods I just know the rules and this will not be a repeat of Area 51. Trust me.

It would be a great value to America to legalize marijuana nationwide and subsequently worldwide and also to tax marijuana and you can and will erase debt and stimulate the economy and Lord knows there are plenty of states like California and nations like Ireland and Greece who most definitely require an economic stimulus and you will have plenty of fertile ground at least in Ireland and Greece I'm not so sure about California's fertile ground it's the most polluted state in the union it's a lost cause. You would most definitely cut down on the overcrowding in prisons which has nothing to do with too much crime, oh no, it's because of too harsh a penalty on the most minor of "drug infractions" i.e. Marijuana or Hashish use that is illegal in most states the difference being the law in most states is a minor infraction but the bureaucracy gives them freakishly harsh penalties. And to those bureaucrats I say: FUCK YOU ALL!!!

The bill to legalize marijuana in my home state of Washington passed in a landslide! =D And it goes into effect 5 days ago so there's no need to defect to Southern California where it's still illegal and polluted you can instead come on up to my Home state of Washington where the air is fresh and clean* and the crime rate is at an all time low especially now that marijuana is legal. :-P

*Void in the city of Tacoma not that you need to visit. Tacoma : Seattle :: Staten Island : New York City

"Hemp Enthusiasts" as I call them because a term like "stoner" is such an ugly word so instead I call them Hemp Enthusiasts are about the most mellow, relaxed, nonviolent/not prone to violence/not inclined to be violent/just not gonna be violent and happy people I have ever been acquainted with you just don't want 'em to drive or babysit when they're stoned but that's not an issue with me I don't have kids and I'm not going to. I devote to them all my love and look forward to many years of getting high and legal and if anybody doesn't like it they take it to some far, cold and barren place where the sun doesn't shine!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-11 17:30:53 Reply

There's no reason not to.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-16 06:02:14 Reply

At 12/16/12 03:38 AM, Austerity wrote:
Except the constant nasty smell that will be all over the place constantly and ruin normal life for everyone.

> weed smell
> nasty

Also, is that the best you can come up with?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-16 11:14:31 Reply

Plenty of other countries like the Netherlands have legalized marijuana and nothing bad has happened. It's the same thing with smoking, which I heard has killed more people than both world wars combined. If you want to do things to do your body, then you should be allowed to do that, especially considering marijuana can't kill you, although I don't know if it can cause lung cancer or anything.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-17 05:45:00 Reply

I think Marijuana should be re-legalized for a number of reasons as stated below.

For one, if Marijuana is a natural plant, I'm pretty sure there's a big reason why it's there within the eco-system, getting rid of it could do us more harm then good to the eco-system itself.

For two, Marijuana has been known to be used for medical use as seen in this Link

For three, arresting people just because they simply smoke marijuana is costing this nation more money then it's worth, my words on this are simple, once Marijuana is re-legalized, all who where arrested just because they smoke it will be pardoned on a federal scale.

Finally for four, instead of the saying "don't do drugs", that saying will be replaced with "don't abuse drugs", why "don't abuse drugs"? That's because people will learn to be more mature and more responsible when taking drugs. Because if one abuses drugs the effects of the drugs in turn abuse the user in it's wake.

That wraps up the reason why Marijuana must be re-legalized. It will happen, whatever sooner or later matters not.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-17 11:03:49 Reply

At 12/17/12 05:45 AM, Thecrazyman wrote: For one, if Marijuana is a natural plant, I'm pretty sure there's a big reason why it's there within the eco-system, getting rid of it could do us more harm then good to the eco-system itself.

Terrible argument. Ebola is natural, but we don't want that everywhere, now do we. Just because somehing is natural doesn't mean we should keep it around.

For two, Marijuana has been known to be used for medical use as seen in this Link

That has nothing to do with marijuana being legal for recreational use.

For three, arresting people just because they simply smoke marijuana is costing this nation more money then it's worth, my words on this are simple, once Marijuana is re-legalized, all who where arrested just because they smoke it will be pardoned on a federal scale.

First half makes a good argument. Second half isn't likely to happen. Also, it is unlikely that marijuana will become completely legal either. The marijuana laws passed recently only legalize possession up to an ounce.

Finally for four, instead of the saying "don't do drugs", that saying will be replaced with "don't abuse drugs", why "don't abuse drugs"? That's because people will learn to be more mature and more responsible when taking drugs. Because if one abuses drugs the effects of the drugs in turn abuse the user in it's wake.

One use of most drugs, including marijuana, is abuse.

Gunner-D
Gunner-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-17 13:54:16 Reply

Federal marijuana legalization is a great idea in regards to public safety in the inner cities. Marijuana is not deadly, does not cause violent behavior, however it should be controlled llke alcohol. Also, I do believe it should be legal for employers, landlords, etc. to discriminate against marijuana users.

Marijuana legalization would be a blessing for law enforcement officials. Although there is not a widespread support against cracking down on weed users, criminal enterprises that profit from marijuana production are not liked by the majority of society, and with legalization, they will be effectively shut down. Therefore, it gives law enforcement the ability to attack the real root of crime in the inner cities, the criminal enterprises that peddle deadly and dangerous drugs, such as cocaine, heroin and amphetamines to impoverished people.

For years, the War on Drugs has been outfitted to shutdown marijuana growers and suppliers with disproportionate funds to suburban areas, ending virtually no violent crime, and leaving the urban areas with growing levels of addiction which has spread now to suburban areas. With the support of the DEA, local officials can effectively wipe the streets clean of drug dens, seize dangerous weapons and drugs, disrupt and hopefully end major criminal rackets that have been the scourge of the inner cities for decades. This strategy can lead to successes in the War on Drugs, if only minor, concentrating on the inner city gangs and suppliers of hard and addictive drugs, and not the potheads.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-17 20:08:29 Reply

At 12/17/12 11:03 AM, Camarohusky wrote:

that's an exaggeration and a half.

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-18 00:38:49 Reply

At 12/17/12 08:08 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: that's an exaggeration and a half.

Only if you don't care about your life.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-18 01:35:18 Reply

At 12/17/12 11:03 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/17/12 05:45 AM, Thecrazyman wrote: For one, if Marijuana is a natural plant, I'm pretty sure there's a big reason why it's there within the eco-system, getting rid of it could do us more harm then good to the eco-system itself.
Terrible argument. Ebola is natural, but we don't want that everywhere, now do we. Just because somehing is natural doesn't mean we should keep it around.

The worth of that argument is subjective. Even with Ebola, the existence of the disease is based on a subjective feeling that we don't want Ebola running rampant. Objectively, however, Ebola is one of a variety of mechanisms by which natural selection is carried out.

That has nothing to do with marijuana being legal for recreational use.

Actually it does. Recreational use encompasses medical use and, in some cases, would expand the availability of marijuana to people who would use it to treat medical conditions. It would also prevent people buying marijuana for medical use on the black market (which itself can be a problem when marijuana is cut or dried with other substances).

First half makes a good argument. Second half isn't likely to happen. Also, it is unlikely that marijuana will become completely legal either. The marijuana laws passed recently only legalize possession up to an ounce.

I'd like to see you explain this.

I work full-time as a cook. I am one of a core group of about 4 people that actually make the kitchen at my restaurant function the way it should. I am also a full-time student. I maintain a 3.6 GPA while taking a full course load and working full time. I also smoke marijuana while doing all of this. How is a single use, in my case, abuse by any objective standard?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-18 12:48:50 Reply

At 12/18/12 01:35 AM, theburningliberal wrote: Actually it does. Recreational use encompasses medical use and,

No it doesn't. The meaning of recreational use is use for non-medical purposes. Recreational use does not cover medicinal marijuana.

Webster: "a drug ... used without medical justification"

I work full-time as a cook. I am one of a core group of about 4 people that actually make the kitchen at my restaurant function the way it should. I am also a full-time student. I maintain a 3.6 GPA while taking a full course load and working full time. I also smoke marijuana while doing all of this. How is a single use, in my case, abuse by any objective standard?

Don't know your potential, but I can damn well guarantee you'd be doing better than 3.6 if you didn't stupid away your time on marijuana.

Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-18 13:49:37 Reply

To Camarhusky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7lavNFiTM

At the end of the of this video there is a guy that gets medical marijuana from the government. Back in 1978 the government was growing and distributing marijuana for medical use. However George Bush senior was using the war on drugs to scare the public and try to get reelected (which we know he failed to get reelected). So Bush stopped any new patients from getting the drug.

However the guy I was talking about is one of those original patients that still get marijuana from the government. He is a successful stock broker. My point is marijuana can't be as harmful to the mind as the war on drugs propaganda tries to portray it as being if people using it can get professional jobs like a stock broker. Please watch the whole video video.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-18 14:28:41 Reply

At 12/18/12 12:48 PM, Camarohusky wrote: No it doesn't. The meaning of recreational use is use for non-medical purposes. Recreational use does not cover medicinal marijuana.

Webster: "a drug ... used without medical justification"

The law doesn't make that distinction. If marijuana is legalized for recreational use, individuals would legally be allowed to possess it in an attempt to alleviate medical symptoms. The biggest difference is that it won't require a doctor's prescription to be obtained.

Don't know your potential, but I can damn well guarantee you'd be doing better than 3.6 if you didn't stupid away your time on marijuana.

The biggest problem I have is not the marijuana, it is simply time. With working so much, I sometimes don't have the capacity to finish assignments whether I am sober or stoned. And in my case, I would argue it is a medical use, since I use it to cure insomnia and ADD problems. It also helps mellow out my personality disorder. At least, how I am using it now.

I don't smoke heavily. I have in the past, but I am not now. I get through most of my day sober since I have so much to do, just at the end of the night I have trouble sleeping and every so often I hit a phase where the slightest provocation can set me off. In those times, I smoke heavily, but even still, when I am stoned I am just as capable of completing coursework as I am when I am sober. It makes no difference. Schoolwork and marijuana use simply are not mutually exclusive.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-19 04:58:29 Reply

At 12/18/12 12:48 PM, Camarohusky wrote:

Guarantee? I'd like to see that.

An occasional blunt isn't going to permanently ruin your memory or your GPA. Furthermore, you sound a little misinformed for thinking that marijuana, no matter how often or how infrequently smoked, will make you dumb, especially since a large number of studies conclude otherwise.

I'm curious. Do you oppose the legalization of marijuana? If so, why?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-20 23:59:20 Reply

At 12/19/12 04:58 AM, Light wrote:
At 12/18/12 12:48 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Guarantee? I'd like to see that.

Indeed. At the college level it is hard to beat a 3.692 GPA, and even if you do, you are essentially talking about the difference between really good and even better, which is purely a subjective difference. Especially considering my college only requires a cumulative 3.0GPA for the Honors program.

An occasional blunt isn't going to permanently ruin your memory or your GPA. Furthermore, you sound a little misinformed for thinking that marijuana, no matter how often or how infrequently smoked, will make you dumb, especially since a large number of studies conclude otherwise.

I actually don't even smoke blunts, I smoke bowls... Wastes less, makes my bud last longer. And I don't know if other smokers here have noticed this, but smoking blunts ends up getting me higher than smoking bowls, which is counter productive to why I smoke. It's nice every once in a while, especially socially, but just me by myself, I'll take two bowls over smoking a blunt, especially when I am on winter break and have nothing else to do. :)

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-21 00:13:54 Reply

At 12/20/12 11:59 PM, theburningliberal wrote:

I actually don't even smoke blunts, I smoke bowls... Wastes less, makes my bud last longer.

Really? Interesting. I've only recently started smoking the stuff, and I've only smoked bowls.

And I don't know if other smokers here have noticed this, but smoking blunts ends up getting me higher than smoking bowls, which is counter productive to why I smoke. It's nice every once in a while, especially socially, but just me by myself, I'll take two bowls over smoking a blunt, especially when I am on winter break and have nothing else to do. :)

I should try a blunt one of these days.

BBS Signature
theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-21 00:26:00 Reply

@ Light -

Okay, I'll use my purchase I have set up for tomorrow as an example...

I am getting a quarter tomorrow, which is 7.0grams. Once I get the bag, the first thing I am gonna do is break it open and smoke a bowl, just to relax and get rid of the "omg i haven't smoked in soooo long" feeling. My pipe holds about 0.4g fully packed, and I won't even end up smoking it all before I go to work.

Once I get home, I will finish what I didn't smoke and smoke one full more, leaving me with 6.2g. On average with this method I smoke about 1g per day.

On the other hand, even a "pinner" blunt holds about 0.7g, and if you roll a decent one you can get 1.0 to 1.5g in a blunt easily. The way I smoke (and given why I smoke), it just makes more sense to smoke out of a pipe, I smoke less per sitting and it lasts me longer.

Also, with a pipe you can use your lighter (or, if you are like me and have heavy work-related calluses, your fingers), to stop the burning process while you are inhaling and enjoying the smoke and save the bud in the bowl until you relight it. With a blunt or joint, it continues to burn while you are doing the inhaling and enjoying bit, and that little bit of burning adds up the more you smoke.

And yeah, I dunno what it is, maybe it's the paper that you use for blunts that give it a little extra effectiveness, but I've always gotten a little higher a little faster with blunts than I have pipes. Also, ever since I smoked a significant amount of hash, it takes a bit more bud to get me high anyway... And man oh man, the first time I smoked hash I was FUCKED up.

CaptainCornhole
CaptainCornhole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2012-12-29 11:36:14 Reply

I think the question we really all should be asking is "Should we marijulize legalana"?

laughatyourfuneral
laughatyourfuneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-01 18:23:06 Reply

At 12/16/12 11:14 AM, Ericho wrote: Plenty of other countries like the Netherlands have legalized marijuana and nothing bad has happened. It's the same thing with smoking, which I heard has killed more people than both world wars combined. If you want to do things to do your body, then you should be allowed to do that, especially considering marijuana can't kill you, although I don't know if it can cause lung cancer or anything.

i doubt smoking has killed 50 million people just saying, however i wouldnt mind if it was legalized, i dont do that shit but u dont care if someone else does.

by all means... ask

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-03 16:06:03 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:36 AM, CaptainCornhole wrote: I think the question we really all should be asking is "Should we marijulize legalana"?

No, think about pot heads, most of them are amazingly slow.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-04 18:25:08 Reply

At 1/3/13 04:06 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 12/29/12 11:36 AM, CaptainCornhole wrote: I think the question we really all should be asking is "Should we marijulize legalana"?

maybe while they're stoned. Being a frequent smoker doesn't mean that you're dumb or "slow", even if you may be a bit lethargic if you just recently came down, which goes away. I know a certain lawyer who used to smoke and he's a sharp fella.

Do you think this guy is slow? He doesn't seem slow to me.

Should marijuana be legalized?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 13:25:50 Reply

Yes. There is ZERO justifiable reason for it to be illegal.

I don't smoke weed. I did for a few months before I started flight school.

But I don't see how it's okay for the government to decide what an adult consumes on their own time, under their own will. Especially when our last 3 presidents have records of drug use. Obama raising cigarette tax? Motherfucker smokes himself.

I think the government dictating what people can consume, be it drugs, or something as harmless as sugars, trans fats, or large soda, is vomitacious in it's tyranny.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 13:27:00 Reply

At 1/3/13 04:06 PM, Ceratisa wrote: No, think about pot heads, most of them are amazingly slow.

So? Anything will fuck you up if you abuse it.

On top of that, if they choose to get fucked up, why is that a problem?

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 16:08:34 Reply

At 1/3/13 04:06 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

yeh that's when their coming down from the high, of course if you were an employer and you didn't like that, you could always just not hire them, or fire them. Were asking for it to be legal, not for everyone to suck the addicts off.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 16:23:19 Reply

At 1/5/13 01:27 PM, LemonCrush wrote: On top of that, if they choose to get fucked up, why is that a problem?

Yeah, alcohol is worse, but lots of people don't seem to have an issue with that.

At 1/5/13 04:08 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: yeh that's when their coming down from the high

exactly.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 16:33:14 Reply

At 1/5/13 04:23 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, alcohol is worse, but lots of people don't seem to have an issue with that.

Agreed. Thing is, the US was founded on alcohol...tobacco too. Washington brewed beer. Jefferson had plans to make the US into a major wine region like they have in France.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 17:40:47 Reply

At 1/5/13 04:33 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/5/13 04:23 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, alcohol is worse, but lots of people don't seem to have an issue with that.
Agreed. Thing is, the US was founded on alcohol...tobacco too. Washington brewed beer. Jefferson had plans to make the US into a major wine region like they have in France.

Washington's crop was hemp though.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 17:49:55 Reply

At 1/5/13 05:40 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: Washington's crop was hemp though.

1) I know
2) He had many crops

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? 2013-01-05 22:38:58 Reply

It should be legalized and heavily taxed. More people that are hooked on marijuana the less I have to compete for grad school spaces and job openings.