Be a Supporter!

Should marijuana be legalized?

  • 9,883 Views
  • 315 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheStonePilot
TheStonePilot
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 04:48 AM Reply

I love how people are saying cannabis is less harming then alcohol when it takes quite a few beers to get raging drunk and much less cannabis to get high. You can have a beer or two just for something to drink and still be perfectly fine.

Legalizing pot would certainly help make 'safe' pot, and the tax revenue will be holy-fucking-god amazing, It's definitely not going to happen for a few years, at very least. The government has been sponsering anti-marijuana videos for faaar too long. Admitting it was wrong? When has that ever happened? America would lose major face.

I, personally, don't smoke pot, and I don't plan to. It's not a thing against drugs so much as it just a 'meh' kinda thing.

I think that smoking marijuana (rolled, and in moderate to large quantities) does do some damage to your lungs however, and it's mildly addicting. Not so much as tobacco, but still. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, saying marijuana is less damaging then, say, cigarettes, is a retarded idea, since cigarettes shouldn't be legalized anyway.

D3f4u17
D3f4u17
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 06:40 AM Reply

At 8/18/09 04:48 AM, TheStonePilot wrote: I love how people are saying cannabis is less harming then alcohol when it takes quite a few beers to get raging drunk and much less cannabis to get high. You can have a beer or two just for something to drink and still be perfectly fine.

Legalizing pot would certainly help make 'safe' pot, and the tax revenue will be holy-fucking-god amazing, It's definitely not going to happen for a few years, at very least. The government has been sponsering anti-marijuana videos for faaar too long. Admitting it was wrong? When has that ever happened? America would lose major face.

I, personally, don't smoke pot, and I don't plan to. It's not a thing against drugs so much as it just a 'meh' kinda thing.

I think that smoking marijuana (rolled, and in moderate to large quantities) does do some damage to your lungs however, and it's mildly addicting. Not so much as tobacco, but still. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, saying marijuana is less damaging then, say, cigarettes, is a retarded idea, since cigarettes shouldn't be legalized anyway.

Marijuana Isn't addictive at all, all though u can get addicted to the fun you had while using it, but you can't get addicted to the drug itself. I've been smoking since i was 12 and im 20 now, I can go with out marijuana for weeks at a time and not feel any withdraws what so ever, the longest i've gone with out smoking pot just cause i didn't have the money was for 3 months and I had no withdraws at all, where as with cigarettes you get withdraws from not having one for more than a day
Cigarettes are Highly addictive and should be illegal, but as long as people dont care that it causes cancer, and heart disease then let em smoke it, their life why not let em waste it?
And I'm Not downing you for not smoking pot, I Just find it fascinating that a non-pothead would support legalization, we need more people like you in the world

Econocataclysm
Econocataclysm
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 06:58 AM Reply

HELL YEAH we should legalize!!! As if we need to imprison a larger percentage of our population than any other country on Earth, including COMMUNIST China!!! In fact, END THE DRUG WAR COMPLETELY. It's a sham. With the budget squeeze coming up and the national debt doubled in a year, we'll be looking to cut some BS from the budget and I say the stupid drug war goes first!!!


Econocataclysm.com - Blogging the financial meltdown... With video games!!!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM Reply

Why would we work to illegalize Tobacco and then legalize Marijuana? That seem counterproductive, even too much so for our government, and that's saying something.


Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
yeesnaw
yeesnaw
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 07:25 AM Reply

Marawanajawana is well over 10x healthier then smoking and healthier then drinking, gorvernments have made it illegal scince they can't tax it.

EchoRun
EchoRun
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:33 AM Reply

I don't smoke it myself, I don't take anything really, but compared to alcohol and tobacco, I am surprised that it is illegal at all. Not as addictive as the other two, though some can get hooked on the effect it has on them, nor is it is damaging as the other two, particularly when taken in moderation.

The only thing I would say is that while I would support legalisation, I would put the age limit to at least 21, more like 25 if I had my say, as marijuana is known to have potentially damaging effects on a developing brain, much more so then on an adult brain. Drug induced psychosis is a risk with pot, though far more likely when you are young, and more likely to stay with you if you start young. It doesn't affect everyone, but there is a much higher chance when you are young.

Likescheese
Likescheese
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 03:41 PM Reply

The fact is that if marajuana WERE legalized it would be less of a problem than it is now. The reason so much violence surrounds it is because people are trying to smuggle it in illegally for big profits, if it becomes legal, they have no more profit margin and go out of buisiness. If you dont believe me, just look at what prohibition did, it actually dramatically INCREASED the number of alchol serving establishments by a huge amount.


Yes I do like cheese..... incase you couldnt tell from my name....

D3f4u17
D3f4u17
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 06:12 PM Reply

Let me Clarify myself,In my opinion Marijuana should be legal, Smoking Cigarettes should be legal, Just hard drugs such as Cocaine, Crystal Meth/ Meth, PCP, Ecstasy(meth based), Crack, Heroine, Opium, etc should be illegal... but then again if those were legal as well, and people had enough self control then there wouldnt be a problem, as long as people could leave eachother alone to do there own thing so long as there not hurting anyone except for them selves then whats it matter? your happy, im happy, and no ones fucking anyone's shit up and you take away the profit of the drug lords and end this bull shit war on drugs! the need for re-hab clinics will be there for those who want to become clean, and could be made really profitable so long as there's people that want to stop using said hard drugs and need help with there addiction... all hail the boobie kingdom!!!

iceman143751
iceman143751
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Well if california does it then Texas should deffinetly be the next. I think 21+ would be a good start. If the us was more like europe then we wouldn't have the same problems with drinking and driving that we do today. It would be bad for the first couple of years but eventually it would settle down.

DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 8/22/09 10:40 PM, iceman143751 wrote: Well if california does it then Texas should deffinetly be the next. I think 21+ would be a good start. If the us was more like europe then we wouldn't have the same problems with drinking and driving that we do today. It would be bad for the first couple of years but eventually it would settle down.

Not sure about the rest of Europe, but us Brits have a pretty big drink-drive problem, although I'd say it's more of a culture of going too far rather than tough/soft approach to it.


he's jus' a rascal...

morrisrussellwillis
morrisrussellwillis
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 01:58 AM Reply

im pretty sure that there is proof for a link to increased chances of developing mental disorders, or an increased severity of the disorder, but cant be bothered to look it up.
still doesn't stop me smoking up, i love it, its cheaper than alcohol,(at least in kenya) and doesn't make you feel like shit in the morning.
what could be wrong with legalizing it?

Cericon
Cericon
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 02:03 AM Reply

I can understand making harder drinks that require chemicals to produce them illegal.
Marijuana is a natural substance, but so were things like Opium and Cocaine (Before a scientist made it into a powder)
They may make it into some more hardcore than it is now.


BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 8/31/09 02:03 AM, Cericon wrote: They may make it into some more hardcore than it is now.

Even if they do, why should those be illegal?


BBS Signature
Cericon
Cericon
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 8/31/09 02:10 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 8/31/09 02:03 AM, Cericon wrote: They may make it into some more hardcore than it is now.
Even if they do, why should those be illegal?

Ever seen a before and after picture of a girl who takes hardcore drugs?
That's why.


BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 8/31/09 02:24 AM, Cericon wrote: Ever seen a before and after picture of a girl who takes hardcore drugs?
That's why.

They always take the most extreme cases possible. I'm sure similar pictures could be found for alcohol.

Dannyx28
Dannyx28
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 08:48 AM Reply

I believe that all drugs should be illegal but that will never happen coz the goverment makes to much money off alcohol and smoking.

camobch0
camobch0
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 09:44 AM Reply

It can't actually be lagalized until that n****r in the white house gets off his ass and reforms healthcare.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
Regero
Regero
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 12:30 PM Reply

i disagree with the reason california wants to legalize pot. They are not doing it becuase they finally understand that pot is no worse than beer or ciggaretts, they are doing it because they want the tax money. Pot is also abused in california quite a bit, if you have writers block, a headache, etc. you can get pot to "cure" it.

as to weather pot should be legalized, i think its fine provided the government remembers to add age restrictions, etc.


I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.

SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 1st, 2009 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 8/31/09 02:24 AM, Cericon wrote: Ever seen a before and after picture of a girl who takes hardcore drugs?
That's why.

It's not teh government's responsibility to protect people from their own choices.

People should have the right to fuck up their lives through substance abuse.


BBS Signature
PrimeTurnip
PrimeTurnip
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 1st, 2009 @ 06:22 AM Reply

...Yes.


Go Unstable Tactical Nukes!

BBS Signature
unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 1st, 2009 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 8/18/09 04:48 AM, TheStonePilot wrote: You can have a beer or two just for something to drink and still be perfectly fine.

same with smoking shitty weed
and taking a lot of something doesnt seem healthy

a single dose of caffeine is around 200mg, the ld50 is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats
with THc its many times that its 1270 mg/kg

unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 1st, 2009 @ 05:05 PM Reply

well no, as it contains many cannabinoids or ingredients
but they're called additives, cannabis has none
it would be funny if legalized weed did,

and smoking isnt the only method

nukechicken
nukechicken
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:14 AM Reply

Yes because there is no goddamn good reason for marijuana to be illegal in the first place. But I digress I'm preaching to the Choir and Anyone who still believe marijuana is bad and evil Really wouldn't giver a shit what I have to say Or those in power know marijuana shouldn't be illegal but don't care.

Ohh want living proof This man can Walk right in front of the DEA and light a big one and can't be arrested for it. So Ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2Ntjrid p0&feature=player_embedded

Zanroth
Zanroth
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 11:35 AM Reply

On the legalisation of any sort of drugs...
MOST DEFINITE YES!

In my life, the only drugs or substances I've been using are alcohol and caffeïne, so I don't give a damn about the drugs themselves.
Never the less, I've been doing some reading, and the rediculous amounts of money spent on hillariously ineffective (Well, drugs ARE being sold anyways...) are coming out of OUR taxes!

Also, illegalising or banning any sort of substance is impossible!
There will always be someone of producing, obtaining and distributing the product, and due to the need to get the product spread in secrecy, the price sky rockets for the end user, resulting in financial ruin for him/her.

Also, this would kill off a significant criminal element at multiple levels.
First of all, lets consider the average drug dealer. Let's call him Jimmy for comedic purposes.
Drugs have just been illegalised, and he has a way to get some. People want his drugs, and he found a way to make a lot of money off his drugs.
Because drugs are no longer sold in regular stores, Jimmy is getting rich, selling off his drugs at ten times what would have been store prices.
... Hold on! Instead of getting drugs off the street, we're making crooks like Jimmy rich!!!
The proper response would be to make drugs legal. That way Jimmy would stop making money, because now he's doing a redundant job.
Also, Tommy, the guy hired to lose a near perpendicular uphill battle will also lose a portion of his work... Or have more time to chase down murderers and traffic violators.
Also, isn't drug traffic used to fund other criminal activities?

Finally, people are inherently rebellious.
Breaking the rules is cool. People WANT to do things they're not allowed to.
Saying they can't do something is just about the same as flat out telling them to do

In short, the only ones winning with drug illegality are dealers and other criminal elements.
The average joe is paying higher taxes for an initiative that is in it's essence unrealistic, impossible and actually doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do.
The war on drugs is a good example of the piss-poor results of linear thinking combined with naïvity concerning the target group.
I also find it hillarious when they try to validate the campaign by news reports on large stashes of drugs being confiscated (even more so with weapons!), masking it as a "hefty blow against organised crime".

bloomers
bloomers
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Sep. 7th, 2009 @ 02:21 AM Reply

They should legalize it, would reduce number of sick days take. How many people pull a sickie after getting drunk? Theres no hang over from pot.

Although people say it reduces ur reaction time by 40% percent, I know from experience this is true, for social situations. but when it comes to things like driving your seem more alert, mainly due to the major parainoia. And its not completely harmless. A freind of mine thought someone was breaking in, he had a major parainoia attack and nearly beat him to death with a bat.

Drugs not that harmfull in moderation, but the paranoia can make u do crazy things.
Also from long term useage, it can lead to serious mental health issues. Schitzophrenia (sorry about spelling) and others.

but it also has uses has a pain killer, and some doctors have said it can help people with eating disorders, I know munchies is dumbing it down but it does make you feel like eating.

I'd say legalize it, most people will use between 18-25 then they'll grow up and stop using it. Then i'd say when they get older, maybe they retire, they might start again, so that retirment isn't so boring.


we are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossibly for the ungrateful

Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:46 AM Reply

Answering some questions a few people seem uncertain or misinformed:

Does smoking marijuana give you a condition like Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder?

Absolutely positively not. No substance can give you a condition, however, most substances can and will cause severe brain damage if taken in excess. Marijuana in moderation won't but in excess it will like every other substance if done in excess. There is absolutely positively no means you can contract a condition like Bipolar Disorder through any other means other than being born with it it is not contagious and trust me you wouldn't want it anyway I have Bipolar Disorder and it's not fun at all! What does cause it? We really don't know. It just happens in some people from birth. We do know what is not a factor: Use of Caffeine by the mother during pregnancy, substance abuse and concussions to the head. It is however possible to pass on the condition to your offspring. Substance abuse can make a previously existing condition like Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder worse.

Does smoking marijuana shrink your penis?

Absolutely positively not. Nothing shrinks your penis. I myself have never heard of this it is however possible to cosmetic surgically shrink a man's penis if said man feels it's too big much like women can have breast reduction surgery, again I've never heard of it. To which everyone would say "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU?! If you're huge and natural that's even better than huge and fake!" Marijuana does, however, cause impotence as does all substances, Alcohol and tobacco do not. It's a solid fact. None of the hemp enthusiasts will admit it but it's true. The only substance that comes close to shrinking anything is steroids it will shrink men's testicles and women's ovaries and in women will wither their breasts. Steroids also cause baldness, liver damage, cancer and grow your head bigger they do not increase penis size.

Does smoking marijuana give men breasts and increase breast size in women?

To men: Absolutely positively not! WHAT KIND OF ASININE MORON TOLD YOU THAT???!!! A REPUBLICAN TOLD YOU THAT! THEY ARE WRONG!
To women: I'm terribly sorry but no it does not. However, if you start the daily birth control pill that does increase your breast size but it takes a while. This is true. Men should stay away from Women's birth control pills otherwise you will develop breasts. In Europe they've succeeded in making a men's birth control pill that lowers sperm count but it is not available in America the FDA has yet to approve it.
Is marijuana safer to smoke than tobacco?

Not exactly. One joint of marijuana contains as much cancer causing tar as four cigarettes this is true. The difference is marijuana doesn't have the nicotine additive and nicotine is the single most addictive substance known to the human race. Marijuana may not have nicotine but it can still be addictive. There is no such thing as "Non habit forming." "Non habit forming" is an oxymoron. Anything and everything that is pleasurable can and will be addictive. The difference is up to you and all of us to enjoy in moderation. Moderation is a very good thing.

Which is more dangerous Alcohol, tobacco or Cannabis?

The correct answer is all of the above when and only it falls into the wrong hands.

Alcohol-If consumed in excess in one sitting you will die of Alcohol Poisoning. If done in excess over time it will give you Cirrhosis, Heart Disease or severe brain damage. It is unwise to get behind the wheel of a car if you have consumed too much it's not always dangerous if you have consumed very little, however, even one drink can put you over the limit and when that happens in a DUI, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol people have died. During intoxication people become less able to make decisions and if too much blackout and lose memory of what transpired. It is unwise to consume during pregnancy. So please, enjoy in moderation.

Tobacco-If smoked in excess you will stink, sad but true. Your lung capacity will be greatly reduced. Your teeth will go bad. Your skin will wrinkle faster and moreover, sad but true. If done in excess it will cause Lung/Mouth/throat/Stomach Cancer, Heart Disease, even Alzheimer's Disease that's what happened to my Grandma D who smoked well into her 80's she did not get cancer or heart disease but she did get Alzheimer's Disease and she was as wrinkled as Darth Sidious I shit you not. It is unwise to smoke during pregnancy. So please, quit while you're ahead.

Cannabis-If smoked in excess it will give you cancer, sad but true. It slows your reaction time. It makes you less able to make decisions but you don't blackout or lose memory of what transpired. It too is unwise to smoke while pregnant. People have died when it fell into the wrong hands. There was a group of Raiders in Turkey a long time ago called "Hasshasshin" and their reputation is where we get our modern word "Assassin" and like their namestake they were the purveyors of Hashish. It is unwise to get behind the wheel of a car when you've smoked too much and yes that still qualifies as DUI (Driving Under The Influence of Marijuana and people have died this is true. So please, enjoy responsibly.


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 7/22/09 04:55 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: There's no reason that one cannot legalize pot, and then classify it in the same way that we do Alcohol and Tobacco sales, making it where the individual must be a legal adult (so at least 18) with proper ID to purchase and possess marijuana, and related paraphenalia. The ban on it to me just hasn't made huge amounts of sense and the arguments to me are not pursuasive (particularly that "gateway drug" one).

Stop wasting time busting people who use it, grow it, and whatever, and let's just legalize it and create some damn jobs and another revenue stream already. I can't see where responsible legalization would be that much worse then legalized drinking and tobacco smoking.

you have to think about people's health, I am not vary enlightened as to the cons of it. But still, do you want a bunch of people walking in the streets, and all of them being high at the same time!

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 8/22/09 10:40 PM, iceman143751 wrote: Well if california does it then Texas should deffinetly be the next. I think 21+ would be a good start. If the us was more like europe then we wouldn't have the same problems with drinking and driving that we do today. It would be bad for the first couple of years but eventually it would settle down.

so we should tax the s*** out of our people, HURRAY when you start paying taxes just so you can have a car!

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:00 AM Reply

I think every drug should be legalized, and taxed. I already see people coming and say, BUT IF WE DO THAT EVERYBODY WILL BE ON DRUGS.

My answer to you is, REALLY? If crack is legalized will you go out tomorrow and get some? I don't think so. Governments regulating drugs will cripple criminal organizations, let junkies get their fix in a safer environment around professionnals around whom they can get help from.

uoidfh
uoidfh
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should marijuana be legalized? Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:50 PM Reply

no it shouldn't because it is illegal and illegal for a reason.

THREAD ENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!