New Topic Respond to this Topic
luke49studios
luke49studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
V-Cam as2 tutorial? Jul. 20th, 2009 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Well I do not understand how to use vcam. I was told that if you have Flash Cs4 and have AS set to 2 than you should be able to use the as2 version. But when I attempt to use the file I just get a grey screen in my test movie. The official page does not have a tut or anything of the sort so I am turning to you Newgrounds.

SK8ninja
SK8ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Cam as2 tutorial? Jul. 20th, 2009 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 7/20/09 12:31 PM, luke49studios wrote: Well I do not understand how to use vcam. I was told that if you have Flash Cs4 and have AS set to 2 than you should be able to use the as2 version. But when I attempt to use the file I just get a grey screen in my test movie. The official page does not have a tut or anything of the sort so I am turning to you Newgrounds.

Heh, good luck with that.

Suck it.

luke49studios
luke49studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Cam as2 tutorial? Jul. 20th, 2009 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 7/20/09 12:37 PM, SK8ninja wrote:
At 7/20/09 12:31 PM, luke49studios wrote: Well I do not understand how to use vcam. I was told that if you have Flash Cs4 and have AS set to 2 than you should be able to use the as2 version. But when I attempt to use the file I just get a grey screen in my test movie. The official page does not have a tut or anything of the sort so I am turning to you Newgrounds.

I am looking for a helpful reply. Not more problems. Let me explain more, My main problem is that I have the shamb vcam for cs2, but when I preview my film it just shows pure black.

yoshiguy94
yoshiguy94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Cam as2 tutorial? Aug. 1st, 2009 @ 11:22 AM Reply

ok, you have one code tha is long and one that is short, right?
first, make a box that is a movie clip, i suggest naming it vcam (not the instance name)
next, go into the movie clip you just made, and on the first frame of the clip, insert the longer code.
exit the movieclip editor. get the shorter code (it should look like this:)
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
this allows the cam to follow the character horizontally: _x += (_root.player._x-_x)/4;
this allows the cam to follow the character vertically: _y += (_root.player._y-_y)/4;
}

Change player to whatever your character's instance name is. Add the code (bolded) to the vcam's actions in the main timeline. (select the cam, go to the actions, paste in the script)

to get the scripts, just go to google and search for vcam as2. you should get them with little hassle.

Good luck!
Happyskull94 aka Yoshiguy94

yoshiguy94
yoshiguy94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Cam as2 tutorial? Aug. 1st, 2009 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 7/20/09 12:44 PM, luke49studios wrote:
At 7/20/09 12:37 PM, SK8ninja wrote:
I am looking for a helpful reply. Not more problems. Let me explain more, My main problem is that I have the shamb vcam for cs2, but when I preview my film it just shows pure black.

Sorry, didn't see this before I posted about getting it to follow the character. To make it invisible:
go to the movieclip.
edit it.
in the actions panel, add: this._visible = false; under the onClipEvent(enterFrame) handlers.

That should solve it!

Kurai-Samurai
Kurai-Samurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to V-Cam as2 tutorial? Aug. 1st, 2009 @ 11:27 AM Reply

is it a movie or a game? because that makes a small difference to the coding. Also if you post the script up people could help you alot more.

BBS Signature