00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Idea; "looking for work thread"

1,076 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Idea; "looking for work thread" 2009-07-18 23:24:59

I think Audio Advertisments is applying to just anything music. It would be nice if those musicians wanting to write for a movie, game, or otherwise could have a separate thread to post in.

Would this work?

Response to Idea; "looking for work thread" 2009-07-18 23:27:40

Probably would. Though I know there are specific threads for specific jobs (like voice acting,) though I doubt there's anything for general music work.

It would need to be extremely well organized, with minimal chatter so that people looking to hire musicians wouldn't be intimidated by searching through pages and pages of posts.

Probably would need some sort of form for each post, for experience and other criteria etc.

Response to Idea; "looking for work thread" 2009-07-18 23:37:05

Yup, it's a needed thread. Maybe put combine two ideas in one thread and have one for both people looking for musicians and musicians looking for opportunities.

BBS Signature

Response to Idea; "looking for work thread" 2009-07-18 23:37:20

And there are probably some threads in the Flash forum that are like "Looking for audio" type threads, although I'm not totally sure of this XD.

But I think most people that post their music wouldn't mind getting it in a flash, but this may be a good idea if refined a bit. Perhaps like a thread for flash artists, (of course we'd have to alert them that it exists) to request certain types of songs, so there aren't like 20 new threads a day asking for music?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Idea; "looking for work thread" 2009-07-19 04:14:20

Actually I made such a thread, that had it's counterpart in flash-forum a loooong time ago, but noone used it.

Usually flash-artists come in this forum and ask for an audio-artist, with whatever needs they have. I think this is much better than audio artists whoring themselves and their skills out in a thread.

If you, however, is an audio-artist andhave certain criterias for a flash-artist to work with, obviously this forum isn't the right place - make a thread in flashforum would be the thing to do (I'm sure they don't get too many requests like that in there from audio artists, other than people who just try t owhore themselves out).

Now, the audio adv. thread isn't the best, but at least pretty much no chit-chat goes on in htere. People trash it too soon - i've found shitload of music from that thread that i never would have found othervice.
Not saying it's the best thread ever, but it's not that bad either. Apart from that, we have the "underdog-thread" - that pretty muhc turned dead. If somone wanna get hold of the crew who made that, and pick up from where they stopped, i don't see why not. it's a good thread and a good idea.

Wakka wakka