Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-01-31 20:03:41 Reply

A conspiracy theory from a friend of mine (this is pretty much what he said):

September 11, 2001, a dark day in American history. Who won the Super Bowl the following year? The Patriots. Fast-forward to today; 2004, Sadam has been captured. Who is in the Super Bowl? The Patriots and the Panthers. If they win, this proves that the Super Bowl is rigged. If not, then I have to much time on my hands.

Any takers?

BBS Signature
stonedpimp69
stonedpimp69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-01-31 21:37:28 Reply

Bah, youre friend is retarded, but wtf, i'll take it that the patriots lose...
Just my bet... To much time on my hands, nuthin to do...

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-01-31 22:08:18 Reply

Has your friend ever stopped to think that maybe the patriots are just good at football?

MountainHermit
MountainHermit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-01-31 23:45:59 Reply

CBS is asking for $2.5 million for a 30 sec ad space. However they are only taking it from companies, not any special interest groups. One group wanted to buy 30 seconds to air an anit-bush ad of some kind, but CBS turned them down, even though they had enough money.

TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 01:06:03 Reply

god. that is the most retarded thing ever. the pats are just a damn good team, and i'm glad they're in it again. ever heard of coincidence?

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 01:09:41 Reply

and if my theory is correct, the Patriots will revile that their whole team has been replaced with T-1000’s...

Mr-fidel
Mr-fidel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 01:16:36 Reply

At 1/31/04 11:45 PM, MountainHermit wrote: CBS is asking for $2.5 million for a 30 sec ad space. However they are only taking it from companies, not any special interest groups. One group wanted to buy 30 seconds to air an anit-bush ad of some kind, but CBS turned them down, even though they had enough money.

They didn't want any problems from viewers, thats why. I dought that they would air any pro Bush stuff either. They'd catch too much shit if they leaned in any one political direction.

I think that the panthers are gonna win any way.

TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 01:40:46 Reply

you red diaper commie! the patriots will OWN the super bowl!!!

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 04:19:51 Reply

At 1/31/04 08:03 PM, Proteas wrote: If they win, this proves that the Super Bowl is rigged. If not, then I have to much time on my hands.

No. If they win, it proves the Patriots scored the most fgoals. This is sport we're talking about, here.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 13:16:32 Reply

Your friend is nuts. It was a case of the underdog winning. I think the Patriots will win tonight, but you never know. That's the beauty of sports.

ScrunchMuppet
ScrunchMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 14:17:28 Reply

2 years ago we had U2 singing at halftime with all the 9/11 victims names scrolling on screen - we had red white and blue streamers and balloons falling at games end (what if the favored Rams had won?) and we had more than one commentator say "Wouldn't it be great if a team called the patriots won the superbowl after what happened on 9/11?"

So far this year we have had Tom Brady attend the State of the Union address and Bush purposefully pointing him out.
(Bush doesn't write his own speaches you know)

Who knows? It is suspicious.

BTW. . . Saddam's capture was a distraction from parts of the patriot act II being passed into law.

MountainHermit
MountainHermit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 15:15:36 Reply

The unknown half-time show. There will be a car racing around the field with American flags on it. Tied to the back of the car will be Sadam Hussien, being dragged along the field. This will continue for the entire half time as somebody sings God bless America, Amazing Grace and some other patriotic songs. But then again it might not happen.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 15:25:20 Reply

At 2/1/04 02:17 PM, ScrunchMuppet wrote: (Bush doesn't write his own speaches you know)

No politician does.

ScrunchMuppet
ScrunchMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 15:58:58 Reply

Why is your petition for peace directed at the UN when they are controlled by the same people that control Bush?
Just wondering.

Bmarksdaspot
Bmarksdaspot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 16:13:56 Reply

Is the super bowl rigged?No.

Go Panthers!

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 16:19:03 Reply

At 2/1/04 03:58 PM, ScrunchMuppet wrote: Why is your petition for peace directed at the UN when they are controlled by the same people that control Bush?
Just wondering.

Who controls them, then?

beaucoup-yeux
beaucoup-yeux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 16:23:48 Reply

the panthers endangered, perhaps theres a conspiracy to get them in. if the panthers win, more money for endangered species protection. if the pats win, then the endangered species act is repealed

Reverend-Kyle
Reverend-Kyle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 17:04:32 Reply

At 2/1/04 04:19 AM, bumcheekcity wrote: No. If they win, it proves the Patriots scored the most fgoals. This is sport we're talking about, here.

A sport that's... obviously controlled by right-wing puppeteers!

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 18:38:20 Reply

At 2/1/04 01:16 PM, Rydia_Lockheart wrote: Your friend is nuts. It was a case of the underdog winning. I think the Patriots will win tonight, but you never know. That's the beauty of sports.

Said friend is bi=polar with a touch of multiple personality disorder. So "nutts" would be a good description, but I could have sworn he had taken his meds that day.

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 20:26:11 Reply

I resisted flaming this when it was new, hoping it would die...

Who the hell cares?! It's just a bullshit game where guys wear tights and slap each other's asses. Could it beeee any more homoerotic??

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
mrpopenfresh
mrpopenfresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 23:06:12 Reply

Seeing how the game ended (field goal with 8 seconds left), it almost seemed too good to be true. The scenario ressembles the 16/14 win the patriots got on that other superbowl (sorry if Im not more precise, football aint my sport).

So im temmpted to say yes. But anyways, who cares? Football already a notch from being pro wrestling, and I believe the XFL proved that.

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 23:09:59 Reply

At 2/1/04 11:06 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote:
So im temmpted to say yes. But anyways, who cares? Football already a notch from being pro wrestling, and I believe the XFL proved that.

Wait, the XFL was football? I thought it was about all those girls who danced around... (I miss those girls...)

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-01 23:19:10 Reply

I'd have to say that with 4 seconds left on the clock, I don't care if it was rigged. It was a good show.

*drifts off to dream of Janet Jackson's right breast*

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-02 00:40:13 Reply

At 2/1/04 11:09 PM, Gooie wrote: Wait, the XFL was football? I thought it was about all those girls who danced around... (I miss those girls...)

I watched the XFL....

But... It didn't have nipples, that's true shrike..

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-02 18:05:21 Reply

At 2/1/04 11:06 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote: So im temmpted to say yes. But anyways, who cares? Football already a notch from being pro wrestling, and I believe the XFL proved that.

As violent as it gets, it isn't that far removed. You just need storylines.

I still think it was rigged though.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-02 20:28:58 Reply

I wonder how much you could get online for a panthers superbowl champions item

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-02 20:40:36 Reply

At 2/2/04 06:05 PM, Proteas wrote: I still think it was rigged though.

And my question is: Why should anyone care? The Super Bowl is a spectacle if nothing else.

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-03 16:33:17 Reply

At 2/2/04 08:40 PM, TheShrike wrote: And my question is: Why should anyone care? The Super Bowl is a spectacle if nothing else.

Professional wrestling is rigged to, but there are not near as many stigma's attached to Football as there is Wrestling because people believe that Football is REAL.
Do you really think it's fair to have people walking around so emotionally invested in something that is rigged from the start? I wonder how L.A. Raiders fans would react if they found out it was all a sham.

BBS Signature
mrpopenfresh
mrpopenfresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-03 19:18:37 Reply

At 2/2/04 08:40 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 2/2/04 06:05 PM, Proteas wrote: I still think it was rigged though.
And my question is: Why should anyone care? The Super Bowl is a spectacle if nothing else.

I have to agree. See, football is only half of the superbowl. The other part being a party mix of publicity and all around entertainment. With halftime shows including such an array of superstars, it not only appeals to old time football fans, but to the new generation of young tweenies who just adore pop icons like timberlake a jessica simpson. Then there's the whole superbowl advertising side. I mean common, we all are so intrigued at what new product and/or multimillion ad some faceless multinational is going to show during the commercial breaks.

But what I think first and foremost is that the superbowl is just a good ol' excuse to get together with your friends, drink beer, eat lots of greasy deep-fried food and doing all of this while watching "the" game on your new 72 inch flat screen tv you purchased especially for this special occasion.

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Is the Super Bowl rigged? 2004-02-03 19:25:37 Reply

At 2/1/04 08:26 PM, red_skunk wrote: I resisted flaming this when it was new, hoping it would die...

Who the hell cares?! It's just a bullshit game where guys wear tights and slap each other's asses. Could it beeee any more homoerotic??

Male cheerleaders? To get a touchdown, you have to fuck the other team in the ass? Make it pointless, poorly scripted, take away the game, making them fight for stupid little belts that mean nothing outside its organization? Wait, isn't that the WWE...?