00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft

49,410 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-16 23:23:59

IT'S TIME FOR A MINI-CONTEST!!

Chit chat, works-in-progress, comments, questions, criticism, as well as final submissions should all be posted in this thread. Feel free to submit the finals to the art portal/your userpage too!

use the tag "papercraft" so they're easy to find!!

WHAT TO DO:
Use this template to create whatever your imagination can come up with! You can hand draw it or use an art program and print it out. Then cut it out and fold it up!! Once you're done, take a few photos from different angles (edit them together if possible, like the pic below), and post your creation!

You MUST use the provided template. Do not alter it any way. DO NOT ADD SCULPTURAL ELEMENTS. Keep it the same dimensions as the posted examples (will fit on a regular 8.5 x 11 piece or printer paper).

IMPORTANT:If you are not experienced with papercraft make a sample first; print an extra template, glue it to some foldable cardboard (a cereal box works well), cut it out and put it together. Try it once before you make your design.

STEPS:
1) Create your design--either with your computer or printing out the template and hand crafting it.
2) Glue your paper to some foldable but reasonably stiff cardboard, like a cereal box.
3) Cut out the design.
4) Fold it up
5) Take pictures of your papercraft from various angles and edit them together (599 x 700 px image under 150 kb for posting in the forum, bigger for the portal).
6) Post your image both here in this thread and in the art section of your userpage.

If you hand draw your papercraft it would be a good idea to scan it before you assemble it, that way you have a backup plan if things go wacky ...plus others can make their very own copies of your awesome piece of art.

RULES:
- FOLLOW THE TEMPLATE. Do not use a different template or add any other elements to your papercraft.
- POST ONLY PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR OWN, ORIGINAL PAPERCRAFT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CONTEST WITH THIS TEMPLATE. Do NOT post one that someone else made, do not post one that you made at another time.
- DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL SCULPTURAL ELEMENTS TO YOUR PAPERCRAFT.

DEADLINE:
July 31st, 11:59 PM (Newgrounds time)

PRIZES:
1st Place: $30 in store credit
2nd Place: $25 in store credit
3rd Place: $20 in store credit
4th Place: $15 in store credit
5th Place: $10 in store credit

--------

HAVE FUN!!

Newgrounds is not responsible for any cuts (paper or otherwise) users may receive during the making of their papaercraft creations.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-16 23:55:23

This looks hella sweet, paper crafts are really cool! I just hope my printer is ready to handle it haha. I'm looking forward to some interesting designs!

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 00:40:12

this sounds like a good idea =D maybe ill make one =p

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 02:27:07

Ill have a crack at it.

But, mine will NEVER possibly compare to ReNaeNae's

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 02:38:26

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 02:52:25

NOOOO!

I hate opencanvas.

I just drew a killer robot on there, shaded it and everything, i thought it was great. When i clicked "Save" Opencanvas died.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 07:37:04

If I still have time from the CA newborn contest, I'll join in.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 10:59:48

Im pretty proud of mine.

Still working on it though.
The eyes were the hardest part.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 11:01:12

At 7/17/09 10:59 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Im pretty proud of mine.

Still working on it though.

Gaaaah, forgot picture

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 12:29:57

...and here is my example. I had a lot of trouble getting it together, so make sure you do a trial run beforehand, unlike me, if you want it to look nice.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 13:36:22

At 7/17/09 11:01 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Still working on it though.

...interesting. Kinda got a creepy vibe to it ...all gloomy and alien-like!

At 7/17/09 12:29 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: ...and here is my example. I had a lot of trouble getting it together

Get it together, man!! hehe!! ...I think it turned out great! :D But that's a good point...

If you haven't started yet ...it might be wise to print out the template, glue it down, cut/fold it up ...and THEN draw/color. How bad would it suck if you spent a bunch of time making it perfect and then mucked it up during assembly! *sad*

At 7/17/09 01:02 PM, zrb wrote: OMG. I'll try and make something. (in graphic form)

HOLY SHI-, it's zrb!!! <3 You better try!! ...looking forward to seeing what you come up with!! ;)

One other thing I forgot to mention:
Only entries that are actually cut and folded up will be eligible to win.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 14:54:45

At 7/17/09 02:44 PM, zrb wrote: Small question, is the template size the real size you use ?

OMG is THE ZRB! glad to see you again.

I like the idea of the contest, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to make smtg.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 16:16:11

At 7/17/09 04:04 PM, zrb wrote:
At 7/17/09 02:54 PM, VirusN wrote: OMG is THE ZRB! glad to see you again.
Elloh VirusN :D
I like the idea of the contest, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to make smtg.
Aww c'mon its easy :P

I'm done-ish. :D

Oh god, mine stands no chance against the cartoonish superiority.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 17:40:35

One quick question: Are we allowed to make multiple entries for this contest?

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 17:58:07

If I can get my hands on a printer I'm in for sure!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:01:06

Yes, the template should be the right size (when you print it out, it will fit on a regular piece of printer paper).

great job, zrb!! :3

...and...

YES! You can make as many as you want, but you can only win once!

At 7/17/09 02:38 AM, J-qb wrote: sounds vaguely familiar.... (march 18)

THERE YOU ARE!!! We've been looking all over you! lol Let's talk!!! ;D

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:08:47

Does it have to be printed? I was thinkin of makin one handrawn and larger than avg size.

None

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:12:33

putting it together in a sec, first papercraft ever

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:23:57

I have come up with the most unoriginal idea ever. You'll see in about 20 mins. :(

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:30:44

all put together, not the greatest but yeah.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:31:49

Graham Faulkner portrays Francesco, the spoiled son of a wealthy merchant. Following his return from war, Francesco renounces all his worldly possessions to live an ascetic and simple life as a man of God and nature. Much to the dismay of his family, friends and the local bishop, he gradually gains a large following amongst the poor and the suffering.

Clare, a young woman also of a wealthy family, serves and cares for lepers of the community. Francis is inspired by her example, and in return, after his community forms, she comes to join the brothers in their life of poverty.

The film contrasts Francis's innocence, piety and virtue with the worldliness of many ecclesiastical officeholders, who are depicted as greedy and concerned with internal politics.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:50:23

wrong thread much?

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 18:55:08

at first i was like... what the hell are you on about now... BUT now i understand whats going on!... so as soon as i get a proper chance il get it printed off and bust out the good old art supplys... this time i will not fail >:3

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 19:10:50

I still can't find a decent camera, i'll have picture's up of mine sometime. Might do another one in the meantime

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 19:20:32

At 7/17/09 07:10 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I still can't find a decent camera, i'll have picture's up of mine sometime. Might do another one in the meantime

While your at it take a picture of yourself for the draw a mod thread :P

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 20:01:41

At 7/17/09 07:20 PM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: While your at it take a picture of yourself for the draw a mod thread :P

Oh it's not hard to find picture's of me ;)

there's some posted here on newgrounds

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 20:42:36

Got's an idea for one! I'm in! I'll post pictures when I'm finished.

"BAH" | I can draw stuff: My DeviantArt

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 20:54:35

At 7/16/09 11:23 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
1) Create your design--either with your computer or printing out the template and hand crafting it.

What did you use to color your masterpiece? Some crazy expensive markers? Looks amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 20:58:25

I have no glue. And im not folding it while it's simply paper. >:(
You're gonna have to wait to see it.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-17 21:02:04

At 7/17/09 06:08 PM, Luis wrote: Does it have to be printed? I was thinkin of makin one handrawn and larger than avg size.

No, it doesn't have to be printed, ReNaeNae drew hers by hand and so did Ben (but he still hasn't posted it yet).

As long as you keep the proportions to scale you can enlarge it. Just remember to allow for tab slots.

I can't wait to see what you make. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature