00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread

19,183 Views | 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2009-12-18 19:13:11

At 12/18/09 05:27 PM, ornery wrote: A straight on blah shot of your coal eye carrot nose nose man is boring and will be booted to userpage or deleted outright if its really bad.

Aww fucksticks! I used all my good snow making a regular one.

...Then again, I should have enough left for something less dull. Maybe I'll have a go at a snow alien or something later.

Must... not... make... snow... cock...!!!

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2010-05-27 02:27:12

One of my scouts just got unscouted by someone. I strongly disagree with this decision, and question the artistic judgment of the mod who made it.
http://adavism.newgrounds.com/art/

This:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/adavi sm/emptying-the-soul

Is far better than this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/tomfu lp/ryu-is-hawt

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2010-05-27 13:50:44

At 5/27/10 02:27 AM, Esn wrote: One of my scouts just got unscouted by someone. I strongly disagree with this decision, and question the artistic judgment of the mod who made it.

I descouted him because I felt that most of his pieces would classify as just pencil sketches, which isn't something that's suitable for the art portal. I don't think his art is bad, just that he needs more refined pieces. I've discussed this with another mod though who disagrees with me, and I don't really care that much. He won't be descouted again, at least by me.

Sorry for evoking your rage!

Is far better than this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/tomfu lp/ryu-is-hawt

Well when you own the website you can submit all the drawings of Ryu you want, until then that's Tom's job.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2010-06-18 11:05:27

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread; I don't frequent the Art Portal or Wi/Ht forum much.

I've found this. It's clearly a photograph but there's an explosion at the bottom right (I know that this picture isn't a google image or something because I checked on TinEye).

Basically this is a photograph, with an explosion added to it (which even by judging from his other submissions I don't think he drew himself). My question is: does it break the rule of 'no photographs'?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2010-07-13 11:08:22

I'm in the art portal but my news doesn't show up on the artists news on blogs but one of the people i scouted does whats up with that?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2010-07-13 18:11:27

At 7/13/10 11:08 AM, Jomillex wrote: I'm in the art portal but my news doesn't show up on the artists news on blogs but one of the people i scouted does whats up with that?

Those are for Flash artists, not Art Artists.

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2012-03-26 08:49:10

At 3/26/12 05:07 AM, ONEintheinfinite wrote: how do I ACTUALLY delete my art on newgrounds?

Wow! I forgot all about this thread! lol!!

I don't know how long stuff stays in the deleted area... don't think it's supposed to be a couple months though.

Normally I'd suggest the staff be notified in case it's a bug, but I haven't heard anyone else mention it so let's assume it's not ('cuz I'm sure they have enough to deal with already). Instead, let's just pretend it got caught up in "redesign cross-over limbo land"!

So... try un-deleting and then re-deleting... that might 'flush' it and hopefully it'll be be gone in a week or two. Or... if you can't wait that long, un-delete and pm the link/s to me... and I will delete it/them for you, which should happen right away.

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2012-04-01 13:15:44

At 3/26/12 08:49 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I don't know how long stuff stays in the deleted area... don't think it's supposed to be a couple months though.
un-delete and pm the link/s to me... and I will delete it/them for you, which should happen right away.

Oops! Apparently both of those are lies. I just checked my deleted art and there's stuff in there from 2009! LOL!!! I'd say that's a bug! :(

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2014-01-07 16:42:13

can i upload a short hentai comic i drew? the rules on adult material are unclear to me.

Response to The Official Art Portal Q&a Thread 2014-01-08 01:11:48

At 1/7/14 04:42 PM, nitriIe wrote: can i upload a short hentai comic i drew? the rules on adult material are unclear to me.

Check this stuff out and if your stuff is adult material like that then you should be okay to upload it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature