00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need Help With Mixing

777 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-08 16:41:32

Can you guys recommend some good resources for learning how to mix music? I recently came to the conclusion that I have no clue how to do it after seeing constant reviews complaining about the levels etc.

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-08 18:32:17

Check out this guy's videos. He seems to know a fair bit about what he's chatting.

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-09 11:14:15

Maybe be a little more specific? Are you talking mastering specific parts, or the song as a whole or what? What kind of programs do you use? I can offer the little knowledge I have on mastering if you explain a bit more of what you're working with.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-09 11:53:05

He's talking about mixing up his compact discs. Put all your albums in a pile and close your eyes. Shuffle them around then pick a few with your eyes still shut. The result should be a nice mix. If not, you can always try again

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-09 12:17:54

At 7/9/09 11:53 AM, JebbaL wrote: He's talking about mixing up his compact discs. Put all your albums in a pile and close your eyes. Shuffle them around then pick a few with your eyes still shut. The result should be a nice mix. If not, you can always try again

I can almost see you typing that shit... When you were done, I bet you totally thought "Oh, I'm sooooo funny!" And you are not...
This guy needs some help and you just come in here acting like a tard.

Anyway, yeah, some more info would help us help you. Need to know software and also links to the songs.

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-09 14:12:03

I start on the bass and drums, and work my way up the frequency spectrum.

Your songs are mixed ok actually (for what recording equipment you have) however, you seem to lack bass guitar in most of them, if not all (the more produced ones I mean)

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-09 21:38:28

At 7/9/09 02:12 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: I start on the bass and drums, and work my way up the frequency spectrum.

Your songs are mixed ok actually (for what recording equipment you have) however, you seem to lack bass guitar in most of them, if not all (the more produced ones I mean)

I don't own a bass lol. But thanks for the info guys! It really helped out a lot.

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-12 17:50:02

At 7/9/09 12:17 PM, Jeepis wrote:
At 7/9/09 11:53 AM, JebbaL wrote:
I can almost see you typing that shit... When you were done, I bet you totally thought "Oh, I'm sooooo funny!" And you are not...
This guy needs some help and you just come in here acting like a tard.

those were my exact thoughts

Response to Need Help With Mixing 2009-07-12 19:15:56

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M ixEngineer/

i would highly recommend this book. it tells you alot, and gives you a history so that you understand why things are the way they are, half the book is mostly filled with explanations of most key devices you need to use, how to use them, and rules of thumb that will help you create a good mix even with the minimal.

the other half is full of interviews from famous mixers of all different types, you wont be dissatisfied

Articulation by art

Instagram @ Sequencer1

3D, Music, Dance, Make

BBS Signature