00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkyonVeil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

do you compose music like beatles?

2,553 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

hello i am making a flash game about the beatles and yellow submarine film. it is a game where you play a john lennon. the blue meanies are back but this time, they took your instruments and killed everyone, followed by turning them into zombies.

i would like a composer to help with this game. hopefully you can make clips like the beatles as a parody. it would involve sounding like the beatles, but not being the same identifiable song.

the songs dont have to have song lyrics to them, i have other voice actors that can sing, i just really need the tunes.

contact me
aim- jereminion
msn- jereminion@gmail.com

if you are iffy about making the music, here is my progress i did so far(all by me;animations and coding)

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/070709/5 813_zombiegamecs4-3.php

a-left
d-right
mouse-aim
left click-shoot
e-jump
1-pistol
2-molotov(you can throw it but doesnt blow up yet)

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 07:36:02

How many tracks do you need ?
I can give a try to 2 or 3 short tracks and some effects (like guitar, drums or other musical sounds while action goes).

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 07:38:27

hello im probably going to need many different tracks. they can be short and looped though. i have not planned how many levels im going to have but i will probably have 1 different track for each level, and all of the boss fights will have the same song. if you can contact me on aim or msn that will be nice so we can discuss this quicker

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 07:58:57

You can PM me here.
Also, would be nice if you can put a deadline here, so, if other people will join, they will know how to deal with their time ;)

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 08:05:09

im not sure of a deadline yet but here are a few original beatles songs that can inspire you to make your own. i would like mellow songs, or something you could imagine the beatles made when they were on some kind of drug

within you without you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3OXDwmlE ZE

lucy in the sky with diamonds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSS CU

something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTi_La94 Uo

all of the songs i want in the game will have no song lyrics also

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 09:33:04

I'm quite a big fan of The Beatles, so I kind of know how they sound :)
Anyway, good choice for having no voices/ lyrics, those are copyrighted, so...
Expect stuff in 2~3 days from me.
Something in post "White Album" style.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 09:40:29

thank you for your help i dont get why you dont have aim or msn though :P

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 09:45:11

here is more progress

i added a scene that shows him taking lsd pills and passing out then it goes to the game. im gonna put the control tutorial on that part, but i need a simple short drumming loop for ringo to play as he tells you the keys of the game

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/070709/3 5047_zombiegamecs4-4.php

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 09:46:04

I don't use those :(
From time to time I use Yahoo messenger or Skype, but I'm mostly offline.
I work almost all day long with audio stuff (recording & mixing), so, having programs that run in the background and make sounds is not really a goo choice for me.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 09:56:45

i added a scene that shows him taking lsd pills and passing out then it goes to the game.

lol, its too stimulating to pass out on
i can do something, i think

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 10:01:42

At 7/7/09 09:46 AM, sorohanro wrote:
I work almost all day long with audio stuff (recording & mixing), so, having programs that run in the background and make sounds is not really a goo choice for me.

lol http://www.miranda-im.org/

multiple protocols, only takes 500k, and can disable sound

oh well i dont like chatting when im doing things, i have 1000000 friends

then you got hardware profiles/ windows service disable to save more ram

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 10:05:45

At 7/7/09 09:56 AM, pr0ded wrote:
i added a scene that shows him taking lsd pills and passing out then it goes to the game.
lol, its too stimulating to pass out on
i can do something, i think

well if you take lsd be my guest..i havent taken lsd i just looked on wiki and saw it can be taken with a pill..so assumed that if he took the whole bottle of lsd he would become knocked out and now he is in a dream world while unconsious

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 10:27:57

At 7/7/09 10:05 AM, Jereminion wrote: so assumed that if he took the whole bottle of lsd he would become knocked out and now he is in a dream world while unconsious

Make it that he was having a bad trip so he took some diluted fast acting hypotic drug, only to find out is not over.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 10:33:34

Wow this game sounds awesome, just the idea of making something sound beatles-ish. sounds like alot of fun. If i have time today ill make something along the lines of i am the walrus and sergeant peppers lonely hearts club band.

even if you dont need the music im still gonna make it.. just for fun
:)
game looks sweet by the way.

can you battle zombie ringo, well because he is the luckiest man on earth, he will probably be the last beatle to die. cause it just figures we lose lennon, then harrison, mcartny lost his frikkin mind and makes starbucks albums as well..... and where is ringo, sane, healthy and not embarrassing himself.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 10:39:43

At 7/7/09 10:33 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Wow this game sounds awesome, just the idea of making something sound beatles-ish. sounds like alot of fun. If i have time today ill make something along the lines of i am the walrus and sergeant peppers lonely hearts club band.

even if you dont need the music im still gonna make it.. just for fun
)
game looks sweet by the way.

can you battle zombie ringo, well because he is the luckiest man on earth, he will probably be the last beatle to die. cause it just figures we lose lennon, then harrison, mcartny lost his frikkin mind and makes starbucks albums as well..... and where is ringo, sane, healthy and not embarrassing himself.

coo thx for the help i can most likely use everyone's tracks. with my plans with ringo, it is possible i could have him turned into a zombie and you need the instruments back to turn him normal again.

i have issues though with voice actors and composers though. some people are telling me that i cant use beatles music or have cartoons that look like them?...im not sure about the copy right laws at all, but im not using any original beatles songs, only the songs you guys make. also, the cartoons i drew in the game are meant to look exactly like the characters in the film 'yellow submarine', but i hand drew them all.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 12:21:10

Wouldn't it make sense for a game about beatles to just have Beatles music playing in the background? Like, instrumental versions?

Isn't it pretty odd to ask us if we compose 60s/70s pop-rock?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 14:14:06

wow this is alot harder than i thought.
hoiw about a cover of a beatles song, there wouldnt be any copywrite issues with that as long as they are legit covers and not midi rips.. doing a cover would be Soooo easy, i could also make you a dnb version of St. peppers for the credits or at the end of the game when the beatles have kicked enough ass

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-07 22:33:40

At 7/7/09 12:21 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Wouldn't it make sense for a game about beatles to just have Beatles music playing in the background? Like, instrumental versions?

Isn't it pretty odd to ask us if we compose 60s/70s pop-rock?

some people say there are copy right issues for doing that to prevent the game from going commercial (like ads in the game ) :(

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 01:04:13

nope

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 01:32:37

added ak

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/080709/5 523_zombiegamecs4-4.php

waiting for soro's drum track to do the tutorial

gonna work on molotov now

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 03:04:39

Here you go with the drum loop for the beginning, quite short (4 bars) but it's looping perfct and keep the file size down.
Later I'll add the rest of the band to the same groove, to keep things in the same feel.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 03:16:49

Doh >< forgot the link.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 03:34:13

thanks i gave it 5 and downloaded ill add to the game now..make the tutorial and show you

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 05:50:06

well the ringo drumming animation is pretty crappy but here it is

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/080709/2 0932_zombiegamecs4-5.php

i changed the ak to a different gun and added 2 silencers so it is more mellow and you can hear the music better. i took the zombies out because im going to try to work on the tutorial and level/story now.

i need a british accent voice actor. if you are one just contact me so i can put you in the game as ringo 8-)

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 06:03:42

I realize that this post isn't music related.

I would change the jump button from e to w unless you have something special in mind for the w key. You haven't actually shown a reason to baulk standard control schemes.

Awesome idea btw.

BBS Signature

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 06:06:50

At 7/8/09 06:03 AM, Pawn007 wrote: I realize that this post isn't music related.

I would change the jump button from e to w unless you have something special in mind for the w key. You haven't actually shown a reason to baulk standard control schemes.

Awesome idea btw.

well i need some composers and voice actors for my game and i want to give them a taste of what they are getting involved in. i am pretty much a bum at the computer the entire summer besides 2 work days, so i can work on this alot. before, this game only had horizontal and vertical shooting, so i had to use w as an aiming key. i can use it as a jumping key now though.

thx for your input, i am trying to get voice actors together so i can start with the story part.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 06:22:22

At 7/8/09 06:06 AM, Jereminion wrote: well i need some composers and voice actors for my game and i want to give them a taste of what they are getting involved in. i am pretty much a bum at the computer the entire summer besides 2 work days, so i can work on this alot. before, this game only had horizontal and vertical shooting, so i had to use w as an aiming key. i can use it as a jumping key now though.

thx for your input, i am trying to get voice actors together so i can start with the story part.

I should be available if you need voice work done. Send me a pm or post something here. For a general request.

*starts practicing bad british accents*

BBS Signature

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 12:00:13

I've got a couple of Beatles covers on my page. Check them out and see if you would like me to do another for your game.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 12:07:14

At 7/8/09 12:00 PM, Urbanus wrote: I've got a couple of Beatles covers on my page. Check them out and see if you would like me to do another for your game.

they are pretty nice. i do not have plans on putting any tracks with lyrics in my game though if that is ok.

Response to do you compose music like beatles? 2009-07-08 13:07:26

Man, maybe you'll consider to put this instead of drums only ;)