New Topic Respond to this Topic
thejuiceizloose
thejuiceizloose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Tale end of my cartoon glitching Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:16 PM Reply

I'm not really sure what I can do. I am almost finished with this animation, but everytime I test out the entire movie(When I play the individual scenes, they work without any problems), right before the end of the cartoon, it becomes really glitchy and doesn't play through. It's like it gets stuck on this one part, then the characters in that part start moving really fast and erractically.
There isn't any actionscript in the film, so there aren't any commands during this particular area. And it's this exact spot that it screws up in every single time. There is a lot of action at this time, but that's been the case during the entire cartoon. Also, the cartoon is roughly 11 minutes long(The FLA file is 170 MB and the SWF is 15 MB) at this point and I was wondering if that had something to do with it. There were also problems with the sound in the last couple of scenes being cut off before they were finished. Any ideas?

thejuiceizloose
thejuiceizloose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Tale end of my cartoon glitching Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 05:22 AM Reply

Man, so no one has ever had to deal with anything remotely similar?

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Tale end of my cartoon glitching Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 06:35 AM Reply

might just be lagging because to much crap on the screen at once along with the streaminging sounds forcing it. I dont think its the length or size i've made bigger.
although flash can be glitchy sometimes..

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

thejuiceizloose
thejuiceizloose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Tale end of my cartoon glitching Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 07:58 PM Reply

Who knows. I sectioned off the cartoon into two different parts, and now it works fine. It's strange that it wouldn't play through when it was one whole cartoon, but now that it's two halves it works without a single problem. CS4 has been increasingly tempremental as of recently. Sometimes it works without any problems, other times it's impossible to even get it to start up without crashing. I thought it could be my computer, but I run other large programs on here without problems.

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Tale end of my cartoon glitching Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 09:46 PM Reply

maybe try a different version of flash. i'm still using 8 with no major problems.
sometimes it helps if you split the movie in a few scenes if it gets glitchy as well.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..