Be a Supporter!
Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:19 PM Reply

ive been working on this flash for like a month now ive been working really hard and it its like 382mb .fla file and thats just from the library of audio & music i imported to compare to the mouths when i sync the dialogue and stuff, but without em the movies only probably 10 - 15mb. its approximately 315 seconds long 15fps and its in colour and i was planning on releasing it (once i finished the last 2 minutes) next friday but i went to open it and i got

Seek failed on C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\My Documents\colorball.fla

ive searched google countless times seeing many people with these problems but never an answer... its really annoying because ive been working on it daily and the last time i used it was midnight last night and it just wont work right now. ive tried moving, renaming and restarting computer and stuff, still wont work

is my flash doomed? please, can anyone help me

thanks

West-End-Pro
West-End-Pro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:36 PM Reply

After a few google searches, it seems your best bet will be to decompile its swf. If you don't have a swf, unlucky.

Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 7/3/09 04:36 PM, West-End-Pro wrote: After a few google searches, it seems your best bet will be to decompile its swf. If you don't have a swf, unlucky.

i have a flv for the first 280 seconds i think

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 7/3/09 04:54 PM, Jackhos wrote:
At 7/3/09 04:36 PM, West-End-Pro wrote: After a few google searches, it seems your best bet will be to decompile its swf. If you don't have a swf, unlucky.
i have a flv for the first 280 seconds i think

No swf? You sure? Weren't you testing the movie by Ctrl+Enter every once in a while?

Calipe
Calipe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:21 PM Reply

This is a great lesson on back-up. Always keep an extra copy of your work on a flash drive, or an external devise in case something malfunctions in your workstation.
As far as recovering goes, the best alternative is to decompile the file that flash exported every time you tested the movie.
I sincerely hope you recover your work.

CPerea.com | Computer Science Student

Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:46 PM Reply

i didnt know any of this stuff im only 15 years old and i just wish there was some kind of way to open it again because i opened it successfully at the same times many times before and even added to it

West-End-Pro
West-End-Pro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:08 PM Reply

Just an idea - Try closing all the other programs that you have open before trying to open it.

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:12 PM Reply

also try copying the .fla and renaming the new copy. sometimes that works. if your lucky..

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 7/3/09 06:08 PM, West-End-Pro wrote: Just an idea - Try closing all the other programs that you have open before trying to open it.

didnt work

@death im going to try that now but what if that doesnt work? why do flash make these bullshit errors i mean there must be some kind of solution

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:03 PM Reply

I dont know. I've had similar problems in the past. theres no worse feeling than losing all your hard work to a crash or error. always back it up. I have 2 pcs connected on a network so I often save a backup copy to my 2nd pc as i work on it.

maybe another thing to try is reinstall flash or install a different version of flash and see if it will open the fla.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 7/3/09 07:03 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote: I dont know. I've had similar problems in the past. theres no worse feeling than losing all your hard work to a crash or error. always back it up. I have 2 pcs connected on a network so I often save a backup copy to my 2nd pc as i work on it.

maybe another thing to try is reinstall flash or install a different version of flash and see if it will open the fla.

i successfully moved it to this computer and renamed it under .fla but when i re-install it im not sure if it will work

i dont have other comps realy like im only 15 i just do this a hobby and i dont even know actionscript or any of that shit i just draw into frames and stuff and i dont even know how to add audio and this is the only problem i havent been able to overcome and it sucks because i dont feel inspired to make it at all since all i have is a flv file and i lost like 30 custom made backgrounds, items and 30 seconds of action-animation which took about 5 days to do (1 - 2 hour a day)

is there any way to contact flash so they can fix this cause if you google it like 50 people have asked the same answer and not a single person has been able to help them or fix it themselves

Jackhos
Jackhos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Seek failed Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 12:04 AM Reply

update:

i tried moving to other comp and sicne it didnt have flash i downloaded it again and then went to open and it still failed

why does it have this error? like is any way to contact flash to fix this shit