New Topic Respond to this Topic
KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-02-20 21:32:17 Reply

That happened to me one instance, but I just restarted my mac and everything worked fine again.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-04-02 10:55:48 Reply

Since I updated to v9.1, Space Designer has started going apeshit at random, making a extremely loud, clipping white noise. usually when I press a key or change a parameter. And when I use multitimbral plugins, they occasionally say "screw you" and go silent. The fuck is this shit? Have anyone else experienced this?

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-04-02 15:42:33 Reply

At 4/2/10 10:55 AM, SBB wrote: Since I updated to v9.1, Space Designer has started going apeshit at random, making a extremely loud, clipping white noise. usually when I press a key or change a parameter. And when I use multitimbral plugins, they occasionally say "screw you" and go silent. The fuck is this shit? Have anyone else experienced this?

Yes, once . I assumed it was user error, or maybe it something to do with the fact that I hadn't shut down my laptop in four days.. So I didn't think much of it. Other than that 9 has been working quite nicely.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-04-16 15:11:37 Reply

exporting midi

So just like normal.. I selected the regions, and then hit export -> selection as midi

and instead of a midi file, I got a logic project file. I'm thinking this must be a new feature in logic pro 9, because I've been doing this in 8 forever and never had this happen before... it's super cool and all.. but not for what I need right now. Anyone know how I can work around this and just get the midi file?

alextheDJ
alextheDJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-13 00:45:20 Reply

For some reason, I keep getting this error message: System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. (-10011)
I've gotten this before when I have a ton of stuff playing at one time, but this time I only have one drum track and a few audio tracks playing at once. I have many other tracks in the project, but the ones that I mentioned are the only ones being used. Normally my CPU can handle that no problem, but for some reason, I immediately get the error message when I press play. I don't have anything else open or running on my laptop, so I know the problem lies somewhere in Logic.
I tried closing and reopening Logic and everything else I could think of. I just don't know what in Logic is causing the problem.

So, my question is, has anybody had this experience before and found the solution? If not, any suggestions?
Any help is appreciated.

statueofdiveo
statueofdiveo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-14 18:47:46 Reply

At 8/13/10 12:45 AM, alextheDJ wrote: For some reason, I keep getting this error message: System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. (-10011)
So, my question is, has anybody had this experience before and found the solution? If not, any suggestions?
Any help is appreciated.

Yes. Lots. Usually, pressing play a few times works. If else, then go to preferences>audio>process buffer range>large. Or restart.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-26 20:20:49 Reply

How do I quantize the end of notes in piano roll? I can get the beginnings quantized, but when I need to make notes exactly 8th or 16th notes (or "whatever"th notes), I don't know how to make the ends perfectly align with the grid.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

ES5
ES5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-26 23:29:10 Reply

hey just rego'd with NG nice to see a logic thread been using it for last 3 years it has all you need in one package ES2 is a beast well worth the dosh for Studio version extra content is verry usable.

At 8/26/10 08:20 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: How do I quantize the end of notes in piano roll? I can get the beginnings quantized, but when I need to make notes exactly 8th or 16th notes (or "whatever"th notes), I don't know how to make the ends perfectly align with the grid.

pres "Q" select your quantize vallue at top left of your piano roll , allso souble clicking on a midi note brings up a menu where you can punch in the numbers of the legnth of your midi notes and where you want them alligned really good for getting quick percussion down just select all punch in numbers and you are done

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-26 23:40:10 Reply

At 8/26/10 11:29 PM, ES5 wrote: hey just rego'd with NG nice to see a logic thread been using it for last 3 years it has all you need in one package ES2 is a beast well worth the dosh for Studio version extra content is verry usable.

At 8/26/10 08:20 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: How do I quantize the end of notes in piano roll? I can get the beginnings quantized, but when I need to make notes exactly 8th or 16th notes (or "whatever"th notes), I don't know how to make the ends perfectly align with the grid.
pres "Q" select your quantize vallue at top left of your piano roll , allso souble clicking on a midi note brings up a menu where you can punch in the numbers of the legnth of your midi notes and where you want them alligned really good for getting quick percussion down just select all punch in numbers and you are done

Is there any way faster than doing each single midi note, in a similar manner to FL Studio where you can just quantize and it cuts the beginning/ends and aligns to grid?

ES5
ES5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-27 13:25:11 Reply

just select all and puch in the numbers for length and velocity takes like 5 seconds

Chris-V2
Chris-V2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-27 13:48:57 Reply

Lads, I've tried installing Logic on my PC but it doesn't work. WTF!?

Your questions about Logic Pro!

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-27 13:52:15 Reply

At 8/27/10 01:48 PM, Chris-V2 wrote: Lads, I've tried installing Logic on my PC but it doesn't work. WTF!?

You have to buy one of the dongles

HT215
HT215
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-27 15:24:20 Reply

Is there any way faster than doing each single midi note, in a similar manner to FL Studio where you can just quantize and it cuts the beginning/ends and aligns to grid?

-Open the PIANO ROLL for the desired REGION (Click region + P)

-Select ALL notes that you wish to quantize the length/end (Command + A)

-In the PIANO ROLL menu click FUNCTIONS, it will drop down then mouse over the TRANSFORM option and navigate to QUANTIZE NOTE LENGTH

-A popup window will appear (the image below), navigate to the numbers below the selection bubble with the option QUAN MIN, set the THIRD # place holder to 1 to achieve a 16th note quantization

-Select OPERATE ONLY to complete the process

(Use the picture below as a guide - It is set to your requested quantization and settings)

----------------------------------------
-----

Quantization Values
1 bar = 1 0 0 0
1/2 note = 0 2 0 0
1/4 note = 0 1 0 0
1/8 note = 0 0 2 0
1/16 note = 0 0 1 0
1/32 note = 0 0 0 120

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-08-27 15:28:41 Reply

At 8/27/10 03:24 PM, HT215 wrote:
-Open the PIANO ROLL for the desired REGION (Click region + P)

Thank you for this help. I now realize why people say FL has amazing piano roll control. Lots of work for some 16th notes, but thanks.

jkap1
jkap1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-10-22 13:17:24 Reply

Great to see a Logic thread here. (And a shame it was so buried I had to search for it!)

So I was wondering if anyone had tips for making semi-realistic string sounds using the standard 'String Ensemble Legato' instrument. Specifically - I'm having trouble making stabs (I've got the long, drawn out notes pretty good).

Currently I'm just loading the same sound onto three different tracks, writing a violin, viola, and cello part separately, and messing with the fades & attack level to get it sounding nice & flowy. But for those parts where I want to build up or create tension/energy with some orchestral stabs, I'm having troubles.

(alternately... I'll take suggestions on any good 3rd party string/orchestra plug-ins or samples). Nice to be here!

seargenthippo
seargenthippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-10-29 22:55:20 Reply

At 10/22/10 01:17 PM, jkap1 wrote: Great to see a Logic thread here. (And a shame it was so buried I had to search for it!)

So I was wondering if anyone had tips for making semi-realistic string sounds using the standard 'String Ensemble Legato' instrument. Specifically - I'm having trouble making stabs (I've got the long, drawn out notes pretty good).

Currently I'm just loading the same sound onto three different tracks, writing a violin, viola, and cello part separately, and messing with the fades & attack level to get it sounding nice & flowy. But for those parts where I want to build up or create tension/energy with some orchestral stabs, I'm having troubles.

(alternately... I'll take suggestions on any good 3rd party string/orchestra plug-ins or samples). Nice to be here!

Well...i know of some but youd have to pay some money for them 1. East-West samples 2.Vienna symphonic library.....although i dont know anyone who can afford it.

Oh and i have a question: I want to make a long pitch rising note...ive used the ES2 and have made the glide long but is there a way to make the glide longer? Because i can only get it to 5000ms....

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-12-19 10:53:13 Reply

please help me figure out what this is or I will kill myself.

I have a song and everytime I play it or export it, this bullshit happens.

I dunno what it is but I suspect it has something to do with omnisphere.

seargenthippo
seargenthippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-12-19 12:17:43 Reply

At 12/19/10 10:53 AM, SBB wrote: please help me figure out what this is or I will kill myself.

I have a song and everytime I play it or export it, this bullshit happens.

I dunno what it is but I suspect it has something to do with omnisphere.

Lol it kinda looks like audacity. Anyway I've never seen that before...

I kinda also have my own question.....

I have kontakt and I would like to use pitch bend on it's instruments. I do not have a pitch bend wheel on my keyboard but I do have a BCF 2000 midi controller... But for some reason I can't figure out for the life of me how to make the BCF control the pitch bend on Kontakt.....(not the tune wheel but the pitch bend).

It works for logic's automation but not kontakt's automation.....

So my question is: Is there a way I can control kontakt's pitch bend through the BCF?

Any help is appreciated.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2010-12-26 15:05:37 Reply

I want to either automate the midi input transposition or make it so that the keyboard input is transposed a number of semitones every second bar. Or find a way to automate anything within the environement.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-02-12 21:34:11 Reply

Quick Keys!

I'm told Logic Pro 9 switched up some of the quick keys, and added a few. I didn't get a manual with LP9 and I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it..

Is there a quick key for strip silence?

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-02-13 03:22:59 Reply

derp nevermind. it was kind of obvious.

CWN
CWN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-02-13 06:58:59 Reply

At 2/13/11 03:22 AM, ZStriefel wrote: derp nevermind. it was kind of obvious.

Apart from that, you can assign your own hotkeys to virtually ANYTHING...

For instance, in the main window i assigned " + " to merge regions.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 18:25:39 Reply

I have this tune and logic occasionally loses track of one of the midi tracks- it gets out of sync and notes are cut off in a seemingly random manner. It's absolutely infuriating because I have no clue what it might be that's causing it so I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:24:28 Reply

At 6/12/11 06:25 PM, SBB wrote: I have this tune and logic occasionally loses track of one of the midi tracks- it gets out of sync and notes are cut off in a seemingly random manner. It's absolutely infuriating because I have no clue what it might be that's causing it so I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?

Thats odd. Are you using logic 8 or 9?

is it consistently the "one" midi track? or does it bounce about from track to track?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:25:43 Reply

At 6/12/11 07:24 PM, ZStriefel wrote: Thats odd. Are you using logic 8 or 9?

9.1, even

is it consistently the "one" midi track? or does it bounce about from track to track?

just that one.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:30:50 Reply

Have you tried to change the instrument? Something you might already know but just in case..

If notes overlap they'll cut off. Pretty sure we can figure this out. If you want you could shoot me the Logic file and I could see if it works on my end, or at least be able to look at what you're seeing.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:46:18 Reply

PM me your email if you wanna try that.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:47:02 Reply

At 6/12/11 07:30 PM, ZStriefel wrote: Have you tried to change the instrument? Something you might already know but just in case..

If notes overlap they'll cut off. Pretty sure we can figure this out. If you want you could shoot me the Logic file and I could see if it works on my end, or at least be able to look at what you're seeing.

I reset everything, cut/pasted the midi notes and did a bunch of other things and it seems to be under control... FOR NOW

And yeah why do overlapping notes just cut off like that? It's annoying and counterintuitive and no other sequencer I've used behaves like that.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-12 19:54:34 Reply

sweet :)

Yeah idk why they decided to go that route but it's kind of obnoxious. Just learn to avoid it I guess lol

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Your questions about Logic Pro! 2011-06-20 17:35:19 Reply

RAGE