New Topic Respond to this Topic
modem
modem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-01 22:01:23 Reply

Sup NG pals. I'm posting outside of the advertisements thread to promote my new album dropping on July 9th. And yes, I got the OK from Rucklo ;)

Here's some copy pasta from the promo page:

"I've been working on this album for the past three years, long and overdue mostly as a result of my laziness. I remember working on a track back then with a humorous vocal sample of my girlfriend singing about the comfortable life of a tiger in the wild. Or within the confinements of a zoo. Either way, the track derailed and became 'What It Feels Like to Discover...' I learned that I was actually capable of producing something closer to my emotions unlike anything I've done before, and I decided I wanted to take the rest of my work from that point forward in the same direction. I wanted to finally publish something I wouldn't be embarassed to share later, something that can accurately convey my feelings and personality. Hopefully you'll enjoy this album, and maybe even feel moved by it, because I've done everything for it to the best of my judgement to keep it on a straight track from the very core of my personal life.

"I'm still young, and I still have a lot of development ahead of me. This is the greatest thing I have ever made thus far in my life, and I hope you enjoy it."

Vehement is the first album released under Sunwarped Records, a fresh local label in Phoenix run by Terminal11. There are ten tracks total, with a running time of 41:57. Printing was joint-funded by myself and Sunwarped with an initial order of 50 discs. Album photography was done by Alley Maerki (site dead at the moment), and ships with a promotional 17"x11" poster designed by Michael Maddux. It's being released alongside a free-to-download EP titled Three-Year-Old Slug.

You can listen to samples and pre-order Vehement or download Three-Year-Old Slug on modemaudio.com.

ALSO: For anyone in the Phoenix area, I'm playing a show at The Trunk Space on July 9th at 7pm, $5 door charge. We'll be celebrating both Sunwarped's debut and my CD release. More info on the show can be found here: Facebook, MySpace. If you happen to show up, let me know who you are!

Let me know what you think, I love hearing feedback. ;)

Thanks a ton for reading, etc.
Modem

Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09

modem
modem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-01 22:19:54 Reply

And right after posting this, got a call from Terminal11 telling me the Phoenix show was mentioned in the Phoenix New Times!

"The experimental electronica label formed by local heavy-hitting artist Terminal 11 is having its first official album-release party in honor of Vehement. The debut album by local musician Modem - whose glitch-heavy, downtempo IDM tracks sound slightly more uplifting than the song titles ('Unreliable' and 'What It Feels Like to Discover I Shouldn't Have Trusted You') - possesses an ethereal quality that is grounded by its mechanical sound."

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-01 23:05:46 Reply

Quality music you have. I'll definitely look into getting your album :)

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-02 07:05:44 Reply

Congratz man.
Yet another NG-er on the album list.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-02 23:20:42 Reply

Dude, awesome! I cant wait!

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
modem
modem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Modem - Vehement released 7/9/09 2009-07-04 02:10:01 Reply

Thanks for the support and kind words B) I'm going to have to work my ass off on the liveset this coming week.

Maybe I'll get around to uploading the four free tracks on the portal. Maybe, one day, I'll be in the weekly top 5... just maybe!