Be a Supporter!

Anti Fan Idiocy Association

  • 2,062 Views
  • 115 Replies
New Topic
Alfie
Alfie
  • Member since: May. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 10:44 AM

At 7/1/09 01:36 PM, squidly wrote: This sudden "change" in behavior has just told us that they don't pay people nothing, they loose money too, they, right now, need to make money.

Look, they aren't ripping anyone off for L4D2, it's the size of a regular game or expansion, I haven't seen the full thing, so I won't make the judgement just yet, but it's bigger then downloadable content, that's for sure.

Truth.
TF2 updates are constantly worked on, and thousands of users get new weapons and features for free, and occasionally new levels. For free. It costs VALVe quite a lot to produce them, and ask for nothing in return, not even a raise in price to people buying the game new.

L4D2 (Or L2D as some call it - Left 2 Die) has new enemies, new weapons, new features, new options, new graphics - you want that all for free? Fuck off, you don't even deserve L4D1

squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 10:51 AM

Look, I don't care if 34,000 will carry on with it or not, just the thought that 34,000 were going to do it is demoralizing, the thought hurts too.


It's the only way out!

slothfromabove
slothfromabove
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 10:55 AM

At 7/1/09 09:26 AM, squidly wrote: I mean, honestly, these guys REALLY aren't apreciating it, the whole basis of the boycott is that L4D2 has a bunch of stuff that they want for free, but other people have never gotten this stuff for free.

whilst I agree the L4D2 protest was stupid I thought it was focused on splitting the community and charging full price for an update/expansion, not that they were going to have to pay for it.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 11:06 AM

At 7/2/09 10:51 AM, squidly wrote: Look, I don't care if 34,000 will carry on with it or not, just the thought that 34,000 were going to do it is demoralizing, the thought hurts too.

Why don't you and your eight buddies over at the Anti Fan Idiocy Association visit Valve and personally coddle everyone that works there? Videogame developers are very delicate beings.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
Fuoco
Fuoco
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 12:22 PM

At 7/1/09 01:44 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Except, you know...the people that bought Left 4 Dead on PC based on Valve's promise...

Lol. This guy still believes in promises by big corporations.

Do you still leave cookies and milk to Santa, kid?

I just bought the game because it was fun to play with friends. I can't wait for the next one.


Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:52 PM

At 7/2/09 10:55 AM, slothfromabove wrote:
At 7/1/09 09:26 AM, squidly wrote: I mean, honestly, these guys REALLY aren't apreciating it, the whole basis of the boycott is that L4D2 has a bunch of stuff that they want for free, but other people have never gotten this stuff for free.
whilst I agree the L4D2 protest was stupid I thought it was focused on splitting the community and charging full price for an update/expansion, not that they were going to have to pay for it.

Yes it is about them having to pay for it, you really fall for the "splitting the community" thing? You must not know anything about sympathy.

You always, heck, I always, add the little bullshit reason and try to heighten it to sugar coat your real reason, which is, we're pissed off because now we're going to have to do what every other community has done since the beginning of gaming.


It's the only way out!

KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Member since: May. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:36 PM

Squidly, why would you even care? You're not even old enough to play L4D.


When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:00 PM

The boycott acknowledges that Valve needs financial support, but they don't care, they still want it "free or otherwise" as quoted by their page.

Their primary concern is that Valve keep their promise and keep spoonfeeding them free updates.

34 thousand people need to get laid.
How sad.


what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:47 AM

BOYCOTTER'S IN ACTION

Anti Fan Idiocy Association


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:40 AM

At 7/3/09 12:47 AM, homor wrote: BOYCOTTER'S IN ACTION

HANDS OFF THE TWINKIES SCUMBAG!!!


what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:45 AM

Yep, morale is at an all-time low, just as the OP predicted.

Our pre-orders are currently double what they were for Left 4 Dead 1 at this point in time away from launch


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:19 PM

Uploading a news story right now about it, looks like this whole boycott's going to wash over, finally, people will come to their senses.


It's the only way out!

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:25 PM

At 7/3/09 11:45 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Yep, morale is at an all-time low, just as the OP predicted.

Our pre-orders are currently double what they were for Left 4 Dead 1 at this point in time away from launch

I knew it. The boycotters are just a handful of pissed of kids that wanted their 15 minutes in the spotlight but putting together a petition that wouldn't amount to anything.

Everyone else will be getting the game in November, I really do wonder if the will sit their and continue to boycott.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:36 PM

Would there be any point in buying the original L4D now?

Also, does this topic have any point now?

squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:42 PM

At 7/3/09 12:36 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Would there be any point in buying the original L4D now?

Also, does this topic have any point now?

Yes it does, we're not only about the Boycott, we were formed because of it, but that's not our only goal.

Also, buy L4D, if I was old enough I would get it, but what I've played of it, it's a really well made game.


It's the only way out!

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:02 PM

At 7/3/09 12:42 PM, squidly wrote: Also, buy L4D, if I was old enough I would get it, but what I've played of it, it's a really well made game.

Wait...so you don't even own L4D... Wow, that just makes this thread even more hilarious.

At 7/3/09 12:36 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Would there be any point in buying the original L4D now?

Valve said they were considering packing in the L4D maps on the L4D2 disc. Either way, probably not.

Also, does this topic have any point now?

Yes, posting more pictures of Twinkies.

Anti Fan Idiocy Association


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:18 PM

At 7/3/09 12:36 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Would there be any point in buying the original L4D now?

Also, does this topic have any point now?

Valve said there is going to be a L4D announcement sometime this month. But probably not worth buying the first.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:01 PM

Boycotters probably found some tang to occupy their time.

Twinkies.


what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
TheSovereign
TheSovereign
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:11 PM

Valve fans are the 13 year old commies of the videogame world. They just expect everything the be handed out to them for free. Valve needs to make money, especially during an economic downturn. And knowing Valve, they certainly wont charge full price for L4D2, hell, there will probably be a discount for L4D owners.
While I certainly do not believe we should be nickel and dimed for everything, this is just stupid.


BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

At 7/3/09 01:02 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 7/3/09 12:42 PM, squidly wrote: Also, buy L4D, if I was old enough I would get it, but what I've played of it, it's a really well made game.
Wait...so you don't even own L4D... Wow, that just makes this thread even more hilarious.

Doesn't matter if I own it or not, I've played it before, actually, a lot of times before.

Also, guys, the new news post's been made.


It's the only way out!

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:14 PM

At 7/3/09 10:40 PM, squidly wrote: Doesn't matter if I own it or not, I've played it before, actually, a lot of times before.

Without buying the game yourself, what right do you have to tell boycotters that they're whining over nothing? That they're denying Valve the money that they "deserve"? If you so fervently believe that, you should send Valve a check in the mail. They deserve it after all.

Hell, even the boycotters have supported Valve more than you, since they at least bought L4D. You're a little bit disgusting.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:31 PM

At 7/3/09 11:14 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 7/3/09 10:40 PM, squidly wrote: Doesn't matter if I own it or not, I've played it before, actually, a lot of times before.
Without buying the game yourself, what right do you have to tell boycotters that they're whining over nothing? That they're denying Valve the money that they "deserve"? If you so fervently believe that, you should send Valve a check in the mail. They deserve it after all.

Hell, even the boycotters have supported Valve more than you, since they at least bought L4D. You're a little bit disgusting.

I've bought a TON of other valve games, I own the Orange Box.
Think before you speak, you stupid fuck.

You're disgusting for supporting these bastards, anyways, can you just leave?
You're not putting up a good argument, and are just picture spamming this thread.


It's the only way out!

LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:41 PM

At 7/3/09 11:31 PM, squidly wrote: I've bought a TON of other valve games, I own the Orange Box.
Think before you speak, you stupid fuck.

You're disgusting for supporting these bastards, anyways, can you just leave?
You're not putting up a good argument, and are just picture spamming this thread.

God, dude. Nearly everything you posted in this thread is filled with hate, bitchiness, and general stupidity. Stop telling people these things because they put a point of view on this argument that differs from yours. You're calling everyone an idiot when you can't even realize how fucking stupid your own arguments are.


BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:50 PM

At 7/3/09 11:41 PM, LTmatt wrote:
At 7/3/09 11:31 PM, squidly wrote: I've bought a TON of other valve games, I own the Orange Box.
Think before you speak, you stupid fuck.

You're disgusting for supporting these bastards, anyways, can you just leave?
You're not putting up a good argument, and are just picture spamming this thread.
God, dude. Nearly everything you posted in this thread is filled with hate, bitchiness, and general stupidity. Stop telling people these things because they put a point of view on this argument that differs from yours. You're calling everyone an idiot when you can't even realize how fucking stupid your own arguments are.

My arguments aren't stupid, I'm looking at this from a developers perspective.

Look, Valve's always showed itself as an amazing company, a really good group of guys, honestly, you can't find anybody more generous then them.

That's because they have such tolerance that it's not even funny, haven't ANY of you actually tried a hand at making a game? The best camaprison I can make is for it to be like hell.

Your point of view sounds like 5 year olds crying that they can't get any more super expensive lolipops since there mom went broke, or she wants to spend her hard earned money on getting a house instead.

Anyways, at this rate, the boycott's on the verge of collapsing, the AFIA isn't founded on just being against the boycott, we're against anything that just sounds stupid.


It's the only way out!

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:53 PM

At 7/3/09 11:50 PM, squidly wrote: Anyways, at this rate, the boycott's on the verge of collapsing, the AFIA isn't founded on just being against the boycott, we're against anything that just sounds stupid.

Sorry sir, but the AFIA is dead. Maybe you didn't get the letter we sent you, sorry. There was even going to be a party to celebrate the Post-Mortem. A big party that all your friends were invited to. We invited your best friend the Companion Troll. Of course, he couldn't come because you bored him to hell with all your trolling. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends. Because of how unlikable you are. It says so here in your face: Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned. 'Shall not be mourned.' That's exactly what it says. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny, too.

squidly
squidly
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 12:03 AM

Can you just fuck off?
This thread isn't for spamming.

And no, don't give me a smart ass comment like "but it is spam" because it isn't, it was never
intended to be, but some smart ass thought he could spam crappily edited pictures around. God, you
people are despicable.

It's the only way out!

LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 12:17 AM

At 7/4/09 12:03 AM, squidly wrote: Can you just fuck off?
This thread isn't for spamming.

And no, don't give me a smart ass comment like "but it is spam" because it isn't, it was never
intended to be, but some smart ass thought he could spam crappily edited pictures around. God, you
people are despicable.

fag

Anti Fan Idiocy Association


BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 12:17 AM

At 7/4/09 12:03 AM, squidly wrote: but some smart ass thought he could spam crappily edited pictures around. God, you
people are despicable.

What? I can't hear you for some reason...

Anti Fan Idiocy Association


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 03:28 AM

BOYCOTTER'S MUST BE STOPPED!

we need a Hero to save Gabe Newell's food!

Anti Fan Idiocy Association


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Member since: May. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Anti Fan Idiocy Association Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 03:51 AM

At 7/4/09 03:28 AM, homor wrote: BOYCOTTER'S MUST BE STOPPED!

we need a Hero to save Gabe Newell's food!

Holy fucking shit.

Is that image from a real comic or is it just a random photo?


You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.