Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds 'Life Support'

  • 8,299 Views
  • 160 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 11:58:13 Reply

Welcome to Newgrounds Life Support, please take a seat.
---

Newgrounds 'Life Support' is all about people who have problems going on in their lives, (Which is all of us) coming together, and sharing our problems with one another, and we are here to help each other, give each other advice on their problems, what you would do in their situations, etc.

I think the idea is a good one, seeing as everybody needs a helping hand in life, and it's hard to get by without being able to vent out your problems, we see that in the General forums a lot, so why not make a club where you can do it, and expect some help from others alike?

You don't need to prove anything to join, just post your problems, ask to join, whichever, you're all welcome here, and I'd love to help you all out as much as I can, it would also be nice to see each other caring about one another on the BBS and giving them as much help as they can, or offer.

If you guys are interested, please take the time to join, and post every now and then, I'd love to help you all out.

Thanks.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 12:09:26 Reply

Hmm, this club didn't seem to work too great for me, but it was just because people didn't know it was around. It did start off great, but kind of just died off after awhile. A user tried to bump it and everything and nobody wanted a part of it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9142 69


BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 12:23:16 Reply

At 6/25/09 12:09 PM, Corky52 wrote: Hmm, this club didn't seem to work too great for me, but it was just because people didn't know it was around. It did start off great, but kind of just died off after awhile. A user tried to bump it and everything and nobody wanted a part of it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9142 69

Oh jeeze, I didn't even know it existed, thanks Corky, I'll post in that one for sure.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 12:31:30 Reply

At 6/25/09 12:23 PM, EpicFail wrote:
Oh jeeze, I didn't even know it existed, thanks Corky, I'll post in that one for sure.

Perhaps a new start is fine?

You can start this one and I will become a member of your club. I'm perfectly fine with that man. No worries about it so it's completely your choice what you want to do. If you want to try and bring my topic back alive then great, but if you want to make your own I'm fine with mine becoming dead and starting this off in the right direction.


BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 12:37:54 Reply

Well Corky, if you're willing to help out, and get a fresh start to your club, we can definitely use this one, and I'm sure together we could do a great job at it, I'm fine with recreating yours with this, or just bringing yours back to life, up to you my fine feathered friend.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:08:55 Reply

At 6/25/09 12:37 PM, EpicFail wrote: Well Corky, if you're willing to help out, and get a fresh start to your club, we can definitely use this one, and I'm sure together we could do a great job at it, I'm fine with recreating yours with this, or just bringing yours back to life, up to you my fine feathered friend.

Hey let's just keep this one.

It'll be a new start and I don't really care who's thread it is because it's really all about helping people. Just to tell you what to expect though some people won't post here, so make it available for PM's. I got about 20 PM's when I had that club from spammers actually being serious, popular users who didn't want people to think differently of them, etc..

Always express that your not a professional also and don't take on anything that is too serious.


BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:31:25 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:08 PM, Corky52 wrote:
It'll be a new start and I don't really care who's thread it is because it's really all about helping people. Just to tell you what to expect though some people won't post here, so make it available for PM's. I got about 20 PM's when I had that club from spammers actually being serious, popular users who didn't want people to think differently of them, etc..

I've dealt with a LOT of serious things in my life, from drug addictions, to suicide attempts, etc. I can handle a lot of things and have a very good head on my shoulders, but I know advice always isn't going to help, I want to help as many people as I can, and of course this is open to PM's I understand how people wouldn't want others to think of them any differently, I am nowhere near being a judgmental person and have never judged anybody, let's hope this gets somewhere.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:33:36 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:08 PM, Corky52 wrote: Always express that your not a professional also and don't take on anything that is too serious.

May I help out? I will certainly become part of this club. I've had some crazy shit go on in my life and I think I would appreciate it if I could help other peoples with any problems they may have, no matter what they are.

So, can I be a member?

lawlmaster
lawlmaster
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:34:38 Reply

here are my problems. I go to school with religious zealots, i had a serious video game addiction (which i am over now) i nearly shot myself in the head,and my mother dumped me for a druggie.


A spear in your chest and a fire in your ass. I only play as Scorpion in MK games, because I'm that much of a fanboy.

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:40:14 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:34 PM, lawlmaster wrote: I go to school with religious zealots, i had a serious video game addiction (which i am over now) i nearly shot myself in the head,and my mother dumped me for a druggie.

My question to you.

Why do you do those things? Or why did you do those things? Explain to us why and we can elaborate on that to help you.

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:49:53 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:33 PM, Lizzardis wrote: So, can I be a member?

Of course.

At 6/25/09 03:34 PM, lawlmaster wrote: here are my problems. I go to school with religious zealots, i had a serious video game addiction (which i am over now) i nearly shot myself in the head,and my mother dumped me for a druggie.

Alright, well you may want to elaborate a little, or else it is rather hard to help you out, ya know?

Start with the more serious problems first, as they are most important.

About your mom dumping you for a drug addict, my mom's done the same.
The best thing to do, is always be there for your mom, no matter what she says, she's at serious risk here as drugs definitely do fuck up lives, she may not think it can happen to her, but if she's in an environment that has drugs around most of the time, it's very easy for her to try them, and she too could become addicted.
Just make sure she knows how much she means to you, and that you'll do anything you can to help her, of course, that is only IF you truly do want to help her, assuming that you do.
There is really nothing you can do, as a kid of hers, sometimes it is also best to just stay away at times like these, and let her learn the hard way, I did that with my mom after she rejected my help all the times I had tried.

Suicide is a very serious problem, make sure you get as much help as you can, as soon as you can.
Talk to a psychologist or something like that, get some anti-depressants if you don't have some already, just know that they will not make you happy, but they balance your brain chemicals and what-not to help you as much as they can, at that point it is up to you to make yourself happy, I suffer from severe manic depression and also anxiety, just yesterday I had the worst attack I have had in years, but I got through it, make sure you have somebody you can talk to at all times, expressing yourself always helps! Do things that make you happy, I'm assuming you wanted to kill yourself due to depression? That would make most sense in my eyes... Do what you can to make yourself happy, it may sometimes seem that you never will be happy, but there are ALWAYS things that can cheer you up, don't worry too much.

To deal with the religious kids at school, you can either ignore them, or find a new school, let your parents know that you can't handle them, I know how anything religious people can be, I myself am religious, as a LaVeyan Satanist, going to a school full of Christians would bother the hell out of me, regardless of a religion, if they preach about it all the time, you want to smack them in the face, I understand. Switch schools, if you can, because if you stay there in an environment that you dislike, and can't really handle, it will definitely stress you out, increase anxiety, and depression as well.

At my school, personally, I find the kids there to be way too immature, they always are doing stupid shit that is just so childish, I know they are young, blah blah, but once a person reaches ninth grade they should realize it's time to grow a set of balls, and mature a little, or a lot in some people's cases.

If you could elaborate a little more on some of your problems, we will be able to help you more. I'll do the best I can.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

lawlmaster
lawlmaster
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 15:50:55 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:40 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
My question to you.

Why do you do those things? Or why did you do those things? Explain to us why and we can elaborate on that to help you.

I'm going to the religious school for education, but i might leave and go to another school by the end of the summer. I nearly shot myself because of depression, caused by my mother leaving for an un-explained reason.


A spear in your chest and a fire in your ass. I only play as Scorpion in MK games, because I'm that much of a fanboy.

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 16:00:02 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:49 PM, EpicFail wrote: Do things that make you happy, I'm assuming you wanted to kill yourself due to depression? That would make most sense in my eyes... Do what you can to make yourself happy, it may sometimes seem that you never will be happy, but there are ALWAYS things that can cheer you up, don't worry too much.

Actually Epic, there isn't ALWAYS a thing to make you happy. I can see where he and yourself are coming from but when I went though my stage of depression, OK it wasn't as bad as yours but i found nothing to get me though it. I tried everything which would usually make me happy and it just didn't.

I wish it would have, but the only thing that kept me going was that if i killed myself my mother would be left alone.

At 6/25/09 03:50 PM, lawlmaster wrote: I nearly shot myself because of depression, caused by my mother leaving for an un-explained reason.

Think about it though.....You didn't!

The reason you didn't was because you are a strong person, you obviously had something to live for otherwise you would have just pulled the trigger and had done with. Maybe your reason was to fulfil something, do something or watch something. We all have different reasons for staying on this earth, yes sometimes these reasons are challenged by what life throws at us but you must never forget.....We were put on this earth for a reason, why would you want to end your life when you obviously haven't fulfilled it?

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 16:27:50 Reply

Well Lizzardis, I will always believe that there is at least ONE thing in the world that will always make you happy, it will at least cheer you up a bit, at the least.
We all have things that we love in this world, regardless of how bad depression and stuff can be.
Personally, for me it is music and drumming, whenever I feel down, I go downstairs to my drum kit, and I'll play for hours. It's all I really have in the world anymore, and the only reason I am really alive is because I want to drum, it's all I want to do, for the rest of my life.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 17:07:30 Reply

At 6/25/09 04:27 PM, EpicFail wrote: Well Lizzardis, I will always believe that there is at least ONE thing in the world that will always make you happy, it will at least cheer you up a bit, at the least.

Well like you say, its different for different people. Unfortunately for me though, I didn't find my thing that made me happy and my time being depressed was made all the more worse the fact that nothing could make my mood change.

I wished I had found something because maybe it would have made my time more "enjoyable" as it were. Still, I have gotten over that blip in my life now and the mistakes I made, I can pass on and help those who were in the same shoes as I was.

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-25 17:36:16 Reply

At 6/25/09 05:07 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
I can pass on and help those who were in the same shoes as I was.

That's what I want to do, I am learning from my own life problems, and I have realized that nobody deserves to go through the bullshit that I had to go through, so this is why NG Life Support exists, I just want to help those who have any problems, whatsoever, I am always a very understanding person.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-27 22:31:49 Reply

At 6/25/09 03:31 PM, EpicFail wrote:
I've dealt with a LOT of serious things in my life, from drug addictions, to suicide attempts, etc. I can handle a lot of things and have a very good head on my shoulders, but I know advice always isn't going to help, I want to help as many people as I can, and of course this is open to PM's I understand how people wouldn't want others to think of them any differently, I am nowhere near being a judgmental person and have never judged anybody, let's hope this gets somewhere.

The deal is when you get people that are talking about suicide, killing someone, harming themselves or others, drugs, alcohol, etc..

It's irresponsible to take that into your own hands. Even if you have experienced it in your own life. The best you can do is give tips on what you did, but never actually try to solve it yourself. You always need to tell a person like this that they need to talk to someone in real life whether it be a parent, friend, doctor, etc..

I think you understand what I'm coming from.

At 6/25/09 03:33 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
May I help out? I will certainly become part of this club. I've had some crazy shit go on in my life and I think I would appreciate it if I could help other peoples with any problems they may have, no matter what they are.

Again, just because you've gone through stuff doesn't mean you know how to handle it in another case.

I know you guys understand what I mean, but I just want to stress it again and again. I guess it's how I get preached to in my mentoring job. I've even had a year of college schooling for things like this.

Also, make sure to remember that this isn't a relationship club and that any relationship problems should be posted there.

At 6/25/09 03:34 PM, lawlmaster wrote: here are my problems. I go to school with religious zealots, i had a serious video game addiction (which i am over now) i nearly shot myself in the head,and my mother dumped me for a druggie.

Your mother dumped you, but how about your father? Is he still there for you?

The video game addiction is solved, but make sure you keep a good balance of fun, playing games, and serious work and real life things.

The best thing to do is just to find a real life friend or two that you can trust in and talk to. You don't even need a lot of friends. It's quality over quantity. Make friends with people that you can be yourself with, laugh with, and tell anything without worrying about a thing.

Simple things like smiling, laughing, having fun, etc.. can defeat depression in itself. Exercise and just doing things that you can enjoy will also help. If you can't control it then the best thing to do is to talk to someone that can do something to help you.

At 6/25/09 04:27 PM, EpicFail wrote: Well Lizzardis, I will always believe that there is at least ONE thing in the world that will always make you happy, it will at least cheer you up a bit, at the least.

Everyone has something that makes them happy. That's one of the few times that you can say EVERYONE, which usually isn't the case.

There are also things that just make everyone happy in the world because of the chemical balance in the brain.

Things like exercise releases chemicals in the brain, which represent the same thing that you can get from addicting drugs. A high feeling and a very happy no worry feeling that you can get. Sadly people don't try this tech. and resort to the drug one instead.

We all have things that we love in this world, regardless of how bad depression and stuff can be.
Personally, for me it is music and drumming, whenever I feel down, I go downstairs to my drum kit, and I'll play for hours. It's all I really have in the world anymore, and the only reason I am really alive is because I want to drum, it's all I want to do, for the rest of my life.

And me it's exactly what I said up above. I'll go lift weights, go for a run, etc..

Not only is it good for you and I enjoy it, but like I said there's an entire science behind it.


BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 02:02:12 Reply

I would like to join this club.

Even though I have not been through what most of you guys have (depression, suicide attempts) but I talked my friend out of attempting suicide and got him through depression.

I really like what you guys are doing here. There really is no place on newgrounds you can go for help because in the general forum your not going to get serious responses from most people.


BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 13:55:41 Reply

Yeah Michael, you can join.

I'm very ill right now guys, so I may not be posting much, and I have a fear of going to the doctor closest to me, because he tends to either want to stick his finger in my ass for no reason, or touch my dink, so, I'm not going there...

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me, and my brother is freaking out thinking it is swine flu... I looked up the symptoms and I actually have a lot.

* fever, which is usually high, but unlike seasonal flu, is sometimes absent
* cough
* runny nose or stuffy nose
* sore throat
* body aches
* headache
* chills
* fatigue or tiredness, which can be extreme
* diarrhea and vomiting, sometimes, but more commonly seen than with seasonal flu

The fever comes and goes, when I do get the fever, it is rather bad, but not too too bad. The cough I do have, and it's horrible. My nose is stuffed and makes it difficult to breathe. My throat is more sore than it has ever been. I am experiencing the worst body aches I have ever had, I have bad neck and back problems, but I have a very bad pain in my back lately, ever since I felt sick. I am getting headaches that come and go, but that happens a lot with depression. I am getting chills often, countless times a day. I am tired, so much lately, I can sleep for days if my dad didn't wake me up. I haven't thrown up at all yet, but yesterday I was having diarrhea, it is now gone though, but I do get bad farts that leave wet poop.

Thought I'd share that with you guys.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 14:48:45 Reply

I want to join simply because I like the name. It has some meaning to me. Can I?


Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 14:54:26 Reply

At 6/28/09 02:48 PM, SonicJ wrote: I want to join simply because I like the name. It has some meaning to me. Can I?

Yeah, you can join.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 14:58:21 Reply

Alright. You got some sort of banner or tag I should use?


Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 15:07:31 Reply

At 6/28/09 02:58 PM, SonicJ wrote: Alright. You got some sort of banner or tag I should use?

Nah, but if you want to post a link in your signature, that'd be nice, the more advertisement, the better.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 15:14:40 Reply

At 6/28/09 03:07 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 6/28/09 02:58 PM, SonicJ wrote: Alright. You got some sort of banner or tag I should use?
Nah, but if you want to post a link in your signature, that'd be nice, the more advertisement, the better.

So, can I make some awesome sig for this :D ?


Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 15:30:00 Reply

At 6/28/09 03:14 PM, SonicJ wrote:
So, can I make some awesome sig for this :D ?

If you want to, then go for it.


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66

BrokenPaw
BrokenPaw
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Art Lover
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 16:29:56 Reply

Any of you good with excel macros?
I need to figure out how to make excel beep at the end of a row of 9 cells...
Its harder than I thought it was.

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 21:40:57 Reply

At 6/28/09 04:29 PM, Itsbroken2 wrote: Any of you good with excel macros?
I need to figure out how to make excel beep at the end of a row of 9 cells...
Its harder than I thought it was.

Not the place to post this. :/


BBS Signature
BrokenPaw
BrokenPaw
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Art Lover
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-28 21:48:39 Reply

Sorry I assumed this was the correct place...

Spiff
Spiff
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-29 13:21:32 Reply

My problem is that I am a video game addict. I haven't always been this way, but in the last year I haven't been able to go a single day without pwning some n00bs on Counter-Strike. I have a huge list of games I play a lot. World of Warcraft is not among these games, though that isn't to say I haven't tried it. I dunno what to do anymore, I'm just wasting my life away here moving my 150 troops into Japanese territory! Anything I can do? :(


PM me for a Signature. | Add me on Steam: Sneakers25

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds 'Life Support' 2009-06-29 14:01:08 Reply

At 6/29/09 01:21 PM, Spiff wrote: My problem is that I am a video game addict. I haven't always been this way, but in the last year I haven't been able to go a single day without pwning some n00bs on Counter-Strike. I have a huge list of games I play a lot. World of Warcraft is not among these games, though that isn't to say I haven't tried it. I dunno what to do anymore, I'm just wasting my life away here moving my 150 troops into Japanese territory! Anything I can do? :(

Assuming you're being serious here, and not being a troll....

I used to be a video game addict, and I would play well over 12 hours a day most of the time, how did I quit? I started doing other things instead of video games, start by maybe posting on the BBS a little more? Go out with family members and do social activities with them, go to a movie? bike rides?
Start small, and it will become easier, maybe do something you enjoy, play any instruments? etc, do those things that just keep you busy, you may find you enjoy them more than you do video games!


Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66