00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz)

1,221 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/230609/3 8805_superz.MP3

here's my rough of the instrumental track... so yep, basically if you think you'd blend well with what I have here, and if you have some lyrics already coming to mind that'd be a bonus. You can contact me here or on AIM at the usual CrossTheSlashes. :P either gender works, like I've always said it's not what you want in a vocalist, it's how the vocalist contributes and attributes to the piece!

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 15:26:07

:3

(lol)

um...

nevermind

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 16:06:21

I listened as I thought I might know of someone who could sing over it for you, unfortunately I doubt she would ever put her name to a piece of music that is just slopply thrown together samples, with a total lack of originality or even basic arrangement skills.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 16:11:38

At 6/23/09 04:06 PM, Amoeboy wrote: I listened as I thought I might know of someone who could sing over it for you, unfortunately I doubt she would ever put her name to a piece of music that is just slopply thrown together samples, with a total lack of originality or even basic arrangement skills.

umm... it was mentioned that it was a draft and the only sloppy part (i guess) was the vibraphones in the intro but other than that it was actually pretty smooth and it reminded me of that one daft punk song

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 16:27:35

but it's all samples. none of it is orginal work!

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 18:41:48

At 6/23/09 04:27 PM, Amoeboy wrote: but it's all samples. none of it is orginal work!

Um no you dick, I used only a drum kick set preset in Battery, I can't even get most audio files to work for me in FL studio

then again you're probably just in a pissed off mood.

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-23 20:35:49

At 6/23/09 06:41 PM, Cross666 wrote:
At 6/23/09 04:27 PM, Amoeboy wrote: but it's all samples. none of it is orginal work!
Um no you dick, I used only a drum kick set preset in Battery, I can't even get most audio files to work for me in FL studio

I didn't recognize any direct samples.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 02:17:48

At 6/23/09 06:41 PM, Cross666 wrote:

Damn right I'm in a pissed off mood, I hate when I hear people passing off sample heavy music as their own creation, it's just a big lie, I don't undersatnd how people can live with it on their conscience.
Ok, I'm a dick for pointing out that you just threw someone else's pre-made samples together, then asked someone to sing over what is essentially 99% not your own original work. That's makes ME the dick does it?
In fact, I just went and listened to your other music on here to make sure I wasn't just slamming you for no reason and now I'm more than happy that I am right, it's a sample fest, you'd have to be deaf or just plain dumb not to realise, just consider yourself lucky I didn't 0 bomb you for being such an uncreative peddler of vacuousness.

End of rant, & regardless of the undoubted below-par intelligence repost, I will not go on anymore about this in the hope that because you have already been found out, you might change your ways. (COME ON! It's so much more satisfying to make something from scratch!)
This is a fight against unoriginality in music, the companies who make the samples and the plebians who use them i.e, you.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 03:29:20

Who the hell are you for getting off calling me a sampler you cock-bag? Obviously you know jack-shit about music and producing, first off who the hell are you anyways? Nothing. Second, and I won't repeat myself, it's called PATTERNS jackass. If you're going to actually get your panties in a bunch i can sent you my project file from FL Studio itself so you can stop sucking your self-conceited dick.

Second off I know why you're calling me a sampler now, it just hit me that I flamed one of your previous submissions by actually correctly pointing out that you sample. It seems that you deleted the song though.

Fucker. Where's Rucklo?

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 03:36:37

Wow, I've been checking out some of your previous reviews, you really are a big conceited bitch who gets off his own rollies by sniffing your own shit don't you? What the hell do you know about music production? Jack-shit. You don't even own a full version of FL-Studio at the minimum, you're just another punk-ass want-to-be intellectual as a far as Producing is concerned.

If you think that I really sample, why not put your money where your mouth is and take on a little Mix Vs. Mix challenge, or are you too chicken-shit to actually go through with anything when you're actually asked to walk the walk?

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 03:38:14

At 6/24/09 03:29 AM, Cross666 wrote: Who the hell are you for getting off calling me a sampler you cock-bag? Obviously you know jack-shit about music and producing, first off who the hell are you anyways? Nothing. Second, and I won't repeat myself, it's called PATTERNS jackass. If you're going to actually get your panties in a bunch i can sent you my project file from FL Studio itself so you can stop sucking your self-conceited dick.

Wasn't there a thread about you that you don't credit the singer, and claim it as your own?

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 03:42:56

No, that was with SOD, who posted above earlier. It was first off a blown out of proportion, which SOD ended up apologizing for, but that has nothing to do with this. And no you are far off, I wasn't claming anything and he mixed those vocals directly for the piece we were working on together.

Jesus Christ can just one thread ever go through the Audio Portal and actually achieve it's purpose?

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 04:08:46

Cross, take it easy man. If you listen to any of your tracks you can clearly hear it's original work so don't get all worked up because of this guy. :)

On topic, I could give it a shot I suppose. I'll go mess around with it for a bit and see if I come up with anything good. If so, I'll call you. ;)

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 04:11:01

:/ I suppose, but the fact someone actually went and said it's at a sampling level makes me feel like it doesnt even have the luster to stand out... FML... back to the drawing board...

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 06:37:52

Lol, cross, IGNORE HIM! You know he's wrong!

Do you have no self confidence?

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 10:02:16

Second off I know why you're calling me a sampler now, it just hit me that I flamed one of your previous submissions by actually correctly pointing out that you sample. It seems that you deleted the song though.

I don't recall you flaming one of my songs, sorry. (and your comments on my reviews of past are just & probably fair, I was a dick, but intentionally to get recognition, ever heard the phrase 'There's no such thing as bad publicity).
Yes it's true I once used a couple of samples for some beats, about 5 years ago and I freely admit it, maybe you should be big enough to admit all your music is full of samples, sorry 'Patterns', ha! Just cos you select a sample/pattern and use it in a song does in no way classify it as yours or something YOU made, you are merely an arranger, like a kid sticking lego bricks together, badly.
I make a good living from my current music & have just finished soundproofing my new recording studio after 2 years of building, how bout you?
Oh, and the 'You don't even own a full version of FL-Studio at the minimum' is classic, well done!
(I have never used FL, and I never will. it's a good all-round 'access to music' producing tool but it's hardly what I would call industry standard).

Love Amoeboy. X

oh and ps: If you think that I really sample, why not put your money where your mouth is and take on a little Mix Vs. Mix challenge, or are you too chicken-shit to actually go through with anything when you're actually asked to walk the walk?

erm, no thanks, I have nothing to prove to you, my conscience is clear.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 10:04:58

None of his songs are sampled work.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 12:17:13

Ignore Amoeboy. He's obviously a little bitch who's just jealous.

Anyway, this is actually quite good, musically. It's quite funky! It's a little repetitive. I can tell that they are samples but at least they're not preset (I assume), which is probably the miscommunication that's going on between you and Amoeboy. In terms of a vocalist, I can't really help you, since my singing voice sounds like a sick cat going through a paper shredder XD I can only help with stuff like composition, production, and piano.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 12:20:19

Woow whats with the hate agianst Cross people? I also heard his songs and i doubt he used samples. If you mean sample like the voices then yes he used samples. But as for the song itself its kinda funky :P

Srsly people should really think before they post somthing you might go around damaging this guys rep. Like the SOD fiasco. C'mon guys this is why there is war! because people do random dumb tings and get there self in trouble!

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 14:11:09

of course I'm on Cross' side 80% (only cause he's more believable) but the only real way that I'd know who is telling the truth is a project file uploaded;

but seriously, can we stop launching obscenities at one another and achieve this thread's purpose.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 18:03:48

At 6/24/09 03:29 AM, Cross666 wrote: i can sent you my project file from FL Studio itself

If I were you, this would be the first thing I do; show proof of my source file. Even a screeny would work. This whole back and forth bashing can be avoided by a screeny.

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-24 18:57:54

Stop fighting over shit !!!
Second, learn correctly music terms, sample/ loops/ patterns/ presets, those are totally different things.
Also remix and cover version.

Now on topic.
I love jazz and whenever someone is approaching this style I feel that is my duty to help.
I can't offer a voice (mine is awful) but I can record a trumpet solo if that would help ;)

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-25 19:50:39

At 6/23/09 10:50 AM, Cross666 wrote

I have here, and if you have some lyrics already coming to mind that'd be a bonus. You can contact me here or on AIM at the usual CrossTheSlashes. :P either gender works, like I've always said it's not what you want in a vocalist, it's how the vocalist contributes and attributes to the piece!

ill do it, but i have this kinda "whiskey growl"-ish voice, so it might soung rough... and the lyrics? well, i could make some up for you;)

I do vocals, Guitar, Bass, Mediocre drums, and somewhat mixing, if you need me, give me a hollar;)

Btw: EVIL TOILETPLUNGERS FTW!

BBS Signature

Response to Need vocalist for this (House/Jazz) 2009-06-25 21:47:28

Sorohanro I would love to collaborate with you sometime, but I would prefer to do it in the future, that way we can put to great minds together and create some very intense music for the record books

BBS Signature