00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Electronica Crew

2,013 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 03:19:06

This crew is for all who enjoy, listen to, or make any form of general electronica music, whether it be house, trance, techno, ambient, dance, rave, whatever. Even if some of the genres I listed aren't technically "electronica," I will be referring to them as that generalized term because it frankly makes it much easier for all. I created this crew so members could share any songs they know of that others might like, seek advice for creating electronica songs, or just discuss the complete awesomeness that is electronica.

Rules
1) No flaming. Don't be a douche.
2) If you want in, you're in, so long as you follow the rules and critique stated above.
3) Don't spam.
4) Stay on the topic: electronica.
5) Have fun!

If you guys want, I can start official ranks, but I will always be the Supreme Electronica Dictator for Life if a ranking system ever comes into effect.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 03:26:58

To start out, I will list some of my personal favorite electronica songs. I'm trying to expand my library so if you guys know of anything, post links to YouTube videos or something.

Max Farenthide - Number One I never heard of this guy. This song must be a one hit wonder or something.
Cosmic Gate - Wicked Listen to this whole song. The climax near the end is amazing.
ATB - Don't Stop This guys has quickly become one of my favorite electronica artists.
System F - Out Of The Blue Again, give this one a full chance. It gets pretty good.
PPK - Ressurection Listen to the middle of this song as you fall asleep. Incredible.

I have tons more, but this is enough for now. Anyone got something sweet they wanna share?

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 12:17:07

I'm gonna bump this considering the fact I posted at 2:30 in the morning and everyone is in the art portal right now.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 15:25:20

House electronica, mash-ups, and 8bit are the genres I like. Ambient techno is just boring to me.
Some songs.
Soulwax-round round
pixelh8
8bit rock.
French Techno.
Dan Deacon.
And my local club scene is terrible.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 15:36:54

Electronic music is up there in terms of my favourite styles of music, so I may as well get in on this. She's not pure-Electronic but she has elements and she is essentially what not me into Electronic music (plus she's my favourite musician in general) but I love Imogen Heap.
And I'm generally a fan of more ambient stuff so I'd say Moby and Amon Tobin are favourites of mine too.

I like me some Daft Punk, Aphex Twin, Christoph de Babalon as well.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 16:36:01

At 6/19/09 03:25 PM, aninjaman wrote: And my local club scene is terrible.

I don't even have a local club scene. :( I live two hours from Chicago, though, so I'm thinking of going to Zero Gravity there sometime.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 17:00:50

I love electronic music. I like ambient stuff, chillout, drum and bass, breaks, indietronica, dance punk; more or less the whole spectrum.

my favorite artists are Noisia, Air, Röyksopp, Justice, Noisia, Feed Me, Ratatat, Passion Pit, and Ulver after their black metal stint.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 17:36:37

At 6/19/09 03:36 PM, Nev wrote:

:She's not pure-Electronic but she has elements and she is essentially what not me into Electronic music (plus she's my favourite musician in general) but I love Imogen Heap.
I mainly know Imogen Heap because she has done alot of work with an 8bit artist named pixelh8 who I linked up there.
Also, Major Lazer is playing a free concert this saturday! :D

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 18:01:08

At 6/19/09 05:00 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: my favorite artists are Noisia, Air, Röyksopp, Justice, Noisia, Feed Me, Ratatat, Passion Pit, and Ulver after their black metal stint.

of course, i forgot to mention Dan Deacon.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 18:05:05

At 6/19/09 06:01 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 6/19/09 05:00 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: my favorite artists are Noisia, Air, Röyksopp, Justice, Noisia, Feed Me, Ratatat, Passion Pit, and Ulver after their black metal stint.
of course, i forgot to mention Dan Deacon.

He puts on some amazing concerts.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 18:09:25

Most of that stuff you mentioned I don't recognize, but I do love Royksopp, Daft Punk, and Dan Deacon is pretty interesting. I fell in love with ABT's "Don't Stop." It's such an amazing trancey song. Most of ATB's stuff is great. I also love Cosmic Gate and Deadmau5. That songs "Move For Me" he did with Kaskade is great too.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 21:19:32

At 6/19/09 07:13 PM, PickledOnionMuffin wrote: i hate labelling stuff "electronica"
stupid stuff that record labels come up with
IDM/minimal/acid/experimental here

I don't get it...

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-19 22:31:50

I'll join. I like ambient and generic indie-ish stuff.

In a vague sort of order:
Air, LCD Soundsystem, Royksopp, Zero 7, Daft Punk, Justice, Moby, etc, etc, etc

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-20 00:16:08

That's some good stuff there, BananaBreadMuffin.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-21 15:39:56

I'm pretty sure this is electronica. I discovered this recently. Great video and song. Animal Collective - My Girls.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-21 19:00:18

At 6/21/09 03:39 PM, Magik-Waffle wrote: I'm pretty sure this is electronica. I discovered this recently. Great video and song. Animal Collective - My Girls.

Have you ever heard of the band Beach House? They remind me of animal collective.
I'm not a fan of either band though. To noisy for me.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-21 20:15:46

At 6/21/09 07:00 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 6/21/09 03:39 PM, Magik-Waffle wrote: I'm pretty sure this is electronica. I discovered this recently. Great video and song. Animal Collective - My Girls.
Have you ever heard of the band Beach House? They remind me of animal collective.
I'm not a fan of either band though. To noisy for me.

Link?

MGMT is like Animal Collective too.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2009-06-21 22:11:28

Beach House.
Not total electronica. Their main appeal is the shows they put on are supposed to be beautiful.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-21 22:44:36

Well, I like Dubstep a lot. But I'll keep it trance.

BT - Rose of Jericho (Adam K & Soha remix) I find this to be very calming, and that is why I love it. And the build up always gives me the chills.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-22 05:23:37

i would like to join.
in no real order.

nero
deadmau5
skrillex
daft punk
tiesto
freestylers
ephixa

they r my mains. but there was another group that had a member of daft punk in it. i think it was called the thoird twin or something close to that.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-22 06:03:03

Electronica is great, listening to it right now. (Chase and status-No More Idols album)
I'll happily join

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-22 11:05:01

I like the genre, my artists list is limited though. Would hip-hop/trip-hop count? For example, Nujabes, DJ Shadow, UNKLE, etc. I'm more into that kind of thing than the dancey stuff you see.

Anyway, electronic artists I like:

Tokimonsta
Flying Lotus
Ital Tek
Goreshit
A.M. Architect
Lemon Jelly
Shlohmo
Venetian Snares
Wagon Christ

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-23 14:05:54

I just bought the 2manydjs get your yo yo's out part 5 and it is one awesome live album. The remixes are so damn juicy. I highly recommend it.

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-23 18:45:15

According to how I feel, I listen to certain types of music, Here are my tops ;;

Venetian Snares
Umek
Traumer
Avicii
Netsky
Spor
Bare Noize
Noisia
16 Bit

In no particular order.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-24 20:22:06

I enjoy classic Ambient music from the 70's and 80's, like Steve Roach, Steve Reich, Brian Eno, Micheal Stearns, Gavin Bryars, Arvo Part, Terry Riley, Wendy and Walter Carlos, Tangerine Dream, and many other experimental proto-ambient acts.
I like some Lustmord and Aphex Twin, Ulver are great too.

Response to The Electronica Crew 2011-07-28 07:27:49

Okay, I stumbled across this cover the other day that I'm in love with, it's sorta, low-keypop with a bit of synthy wobble in the background, and I need to find more shit like this.

Mr. Little Jeans - Suburbs (Arcade Fire cover)

any halp?

BBS Signature