Be a Supporter!

Art Portal!?

  • 63,934 Views
  • 624 Replies
Respond to this Topic
dagothpimplord1
dagothpimplord1
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:12 AM Reply

...its pretty sweet...BESIDES ALL THE DICK PICTURES i mean wtf holy shit u fucking homos stop killing newgrounds with ur sexual fantisys...nothing wrong with a cock joke but coke joke and gay are 2 different things...anyway exitcted for it to be here and i might start putting a few drawings up...that dont invole butt fucking or shit coming out of someones ass...

Guillaum
Guillaum
  • Member since: Jan. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:26 PM Reply

I hope my drawings are in the first categorie and not with this awful things made this Paint !

Trystlions
Trystlions
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:42 PM Reply

It's amazing!


Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature
jmalouin7
jmalouin7
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:33 PM Reply

RIP Art Portal

06/17/09 - 06/22/09


If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature
DontSpellMyName
DontSpellMyName
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:35 PM Reply

the art portal doesnt work on my pc...
it did,i even submitted some art but now i cant use it...


smart people do wat they need to do.
talented people do wat they can.

kevinsano
kevinsano
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:41 PM Reply

The Portal kinda died for the moment it seems...

Splurda
Splurda
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:45 PM Reply

yup, its either been moved or deleted i hear


Art Thread
Sig by ME!

BBS Signature
HeavyMetalGuy
HeavyMetalGuy
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 01:45 PM, Splurda wrote: yup, its either been moved or deleted i hear

Already? Why? it was doing rather well.

The-Mad-Fiddler
The-Mad-Fiddler
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:46 PM Reply

That's kind of lame. I was just about to post some new stuff :\.

Aw well, least I'm not alone.


Raptr - To be added at a later date.

BBS Signature
superaverage12
superaverage12
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:51 PM Reply

wat happened? i didnt even get to see it! Did the people misuse the portal in the first few days it was open? cus thats kinda sad

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 01:46 PM, The-Mad-Fiddler wrote: That's kind of lame. I was just about to post some new stuff :\.

Aw well, least I'm not alone.

Don´t worry.

According to Rucklo they are just doing some maintenance, fixing some stuff etc. The art portal will probably be back up later today.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
The-Mad-Fiddler
The-Mad-Fiddler
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 01:51 PM, superaverage12 wrote: wat happened? i didnt even get to see it! Did the people misuse the portal in the first few days it was open? cus thats kinda sad

Well there were definitely some stolen pieces.


Raptr - To be added at a later date.

BBS Signature
DaManginasfcwalb
DaManginasfcwalb
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:57 PM Reply

for some reason the art portal is not working now.I wanted to chek out some artists I faved and that was gone too.I think you guys should keep it up! but you should also have a ranking system so the best art can be displayed for everyone to see as well as all the new art for people to see.That way there is freedom of artistic expression as well as a rewarding system for making quality art.

Esn
Esn
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 01:51 PM, superaverage12 wrote: wat happened? i didnt even get to see it! Did the people misuse the portal in the first few days it was open? cus thats kinda sad

I didn't see it in these last 10 hours or so... but from what I saw during the previous day, there was *some* misuse, but generally it was pretty good. I'm not sure what happened. :(

Maybe another suggestion for the scouting system - start out with an "on probation" scouting option, don't make it completely all-or-nothing. I'm not sure quite how this would work, I just had this idea... like sometimes, a "master" can look at another work and say, "hmm, this is good... I'd like to encourage you, but I've only known you for a short time, so I'll just give you SOME support".

KittyKat87
KittyKat87
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:01 PM Reply

For God's sake people, calm down!! They're doing MAINTENANCE. Making the portal WORK BETTER and/or ADDING THINGS. All you idiots panicking about them deleting it is getting annoying. For that matter, all you idiots flooding the Art Forum with crap about scouting is annoying. Grow a freaking brain and get some common sense for once!!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:01 PM Reply

the art portal has been up and down over the past few days - it just means they are adding more features, fixing issues, stuff that has to be resolved in such a way that people can't be submitting while they do it.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Esn
Esn
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 01:57 PM, DaManginasfcwalb wrote: for some reason the art portal is not working now.I wanted to chek out some artists I faved and that was gone too.I think you guys should keep it up! but you should also have a ranking system so the best art can be displayed for everyone to see as well as all the new art for people to see.That way there is freedom of artistic expression as well as a rewarding system for making quality art.

I am not sure that that is such a good idea, actually. If the music portal is anything to go by, that will just lead to politicization of voting, with people voting "0" on submissions just to see their own works go higher on the ladder. I much prefer the current gallery view, and being able to follow the chain of scouts of artists I like!

There needs to be a minimum number of votes (like judgment period) before such a ranking can work, I think. When there are just a few votes per submission, as it currently the case, it's really easy for one mean-spirited person to drastically change the results.

DaManginasfcwalb
DaManginasfcwalb
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:25 PM Reply

I think it would be cool to keep the scouting system but then after the scouting there is also a ranking system of some sort.I would hate to make it as political as the music section because people are very mean spirited.However I feel people who make quality art should be regonized because the viewers of art deserve to see the best art right away.But I'm ok with keeping this current system too.I enjoy tracking the chain of artists too.Just keep it up,hope for good art,keep in mind art is subjective,have fun,and eternalize great art.

At 6/22/09 02:02 PM, Esn wrote:
At 6/22/09 01:57 PM, DaManginasfcwalb wrote: for some reason the art portal is not working now.I wanted to chek out some artists I faved and that was gone too.I think you guys should keep it up! but you should also have a ranking system so the best art can be displayed for everyone to see as well as all the new art for people to see.That way there is freedom of artistic expression as well as a rewarding system for making quality art.
I am not sure that that is such a good idea, actually. If the music portal is anything to go by, that will just lead to politicization of voting, with people voting "0" on submissions just to see their own works go higher on the ladder. I much prefer the current gallery view, and being able to follow the chain of scouts of artists I like!

There needs to be a minimum number of votes (like judgment period) before such a ranking can work, I think. When there are just a few votes per submission, as it currently the case, it's really easy for one mean-spirited person to drastically change the results.
Franz24
Franz24
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:31 PM Reply

I think they could use a system like devianart, but than smaller.. if there is lots of art after some time it works the same as the flash and the audio portal..! And if a picture is very bad or just crap, people can always report it.. I think more people will like it that way.. :)

Splurda
Splurda
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:39 PM Reply

yeah it would need some maintenance, anyone else notice how slowly the pages were loading? even under heavy load it wouldnt be that slow...


Art Thread
Sig by ME!

BBS Signature
sooliee
sooliee
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

no art portal, WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Corpsecrank
Corpsecrank
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:42 PM Reply

I noticed a lot of accounts in the art portal that are new accounts with nothing but 1 piece of art on the account. The problem with those accounts is that you have to sift through them all to find established accounts you can trust to scout. It is so far the only real problem I have seen while scouting but it is a hassle.


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 02:42 PM, Corpsecrank wrote: I noticed a lot of accounts in the art portal that are new accounts with nothing but 1 piece of art on the account. The problem with those accounts is that you have to sift through them all to find established accounts you can trust to scout. It is so far the only real problem I have seen while scouting but it is a hassle.

I won't really scout many people if they only have one submission - too much risk that they stole it - or if its a thumbnail, or if theyre 14 or younger, or if the submission is really really good, and theyre 14.. lots of criteria that goes into the judging process..


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:49 PM Reply

Sorry to be a dumb shit but...

Does the artwork you submit appear on your Userpage? I submitted something, its been scouted, but it hasn't appeared. Or is this just an issue that is being fixed during the maintenance?

Apologies, again.

Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
Nao-Haruki
Nao-Haruki
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:50 PM Reply

I was gonna post more picftures then the art portal iz gone.
What's up with that?


BBS Signature
RazorShader
RazorShader
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:51 PM Reply

it's probably the maintenance; happened to me as well.


huhuhu :s

Esn
Esn
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 6/22/09 02:25 PM, DaManginasfcwalb wrote: I think it would be cool to keep the scouting system but then after the scouting there is also a ranking system of some sort.I would hate to make it as political as the music section because people are very mean spirited.

The only way I can see it working is if

1) the "rankings" really are AFTER the scouting & gallery view - meaning, they're not on the front page & not so easy to find

2) there is a minimum # of votes before a submission can even appear on the "rankings". Like 250 votes (it should be high). Hopefully, artists who're that popular already will have better things to do than vote down the art of others, and single votes won't have much effect anyway.

3) it's a "top 100 list" that is UNRANKED. Meaning that there is no jockeying for position - a work is either in the top 100 list (assigned a random position every time the page loads) or it's not. And it's impossible to tell if your work is about to drop out, because you can't see if it's in the bottom of the ranking or not.

BazookaJack
BazookaJack
  • Member since: May. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:11 PM Reply

Well well well

What do we have here?

The-Mad-Fiddler
The-Mad-Fiddler
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Is the Art section acting funny for anyone else? It's back up now, but apparently my artwork disappeared? I'm going to wait it out :S.


Raptr - To be added at a later date.

BBS Signature
statueofdiveo
statueofdiveo
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal!? Jun. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:40 PM Reply

why cant i vote on some submissions?