New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:11 AM Reply

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start so make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, follow the regular Bbs rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to the Bbs.

---

On the club now, this club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds musicians and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is offer flash and audio artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your flash or audio reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 requests within one week.
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like to see author's reaction and some of them are interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you request.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT just say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you'll join. Once you've joined, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club and once you understand how the point system works, post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (flash, game, art, lit or audio)
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review
3 points for posting at least once throughout the week
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post)
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions listed, you will get points for them on the following members' update, 6 or 7 days later.

On Thursday, a list of all requests and recommendations made since the previous Thursday is created. This can be considered a 'preview' of the list that will accompany the following members' update on Sunday/Monday. The points for these are tallied 10 days later.

Requests made between the 'preview list' and the 'members' update' carry over to the next preview list. So you will always have over 9 days to finish the reviews.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait ;).

Frequently Asked Questions:
Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by request and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a very new thread would be the best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. It's always more exposure for the club. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added in the "Club Infos" post that'll appear in almost all pages of the thread.

---

That's all about the club, though I couldn't open this new version of the club without talking about the old thread regulars who've made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long.

Have fun!

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Thanks to Shanus, Coop83, Haggard and Corky52 who helped me with the draft of this post.
Officer
Officer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:19 AM Reply

Yeah, and let us hope that this thread keeps this structure for the time to come.

BBS Signature
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 06:10 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:19 AM, Officer wrote: Yeah, and let us hope that this thread keeps this structure for the time to come.

I'll do my best to keep this club at the best level and maintain it as long as I can.

Important note: Since the Art and Literature portals will be launched soon, the club will be expanded to art and lit requests. As you should know, the Art portal is technically on, but request from this portal will be enabled when it's fully available. The same goes for the lit portal but the launch shouldn't occur that soon.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 06:11 AM Reply

I'll go back through the old thread and will make a requests list from the reviews for the past week, to get the ball rolling. Expect that at about 1300 - 1330 BST

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 07:13 AM Reply

Right, I've gone back a while for requests. If you guys and girls want some reviews, post a request and I'll add them to next week's list for reviewing.

Flash Requests (8)
Paper Flow by Zyphonee
Madness Assassination: KT by C-Doodlez-Man
Superb Mario Bros.trailer by fiveoclock
Tendril by ScelesticFish
Yu-Gi-Oh DUB Style by ForNoReason
Generic Sprite Flash 2 by Corky52
Resident Hall Evil by Corky52
The Pretenders by Corky52

Audio Requests (9)
Pending Explanation by Silent-G
extrallusionist by Silent-G
The Keyword WIP by Reservist
The Last Pilgrimage by LightKeeper
On to the Show! (short theme) by ImperfectDisciple
Skela - Groovin' to by Skela
Alex:Co - Earlybird [NG Cut] by AlexCo
[S:C] White Hot Colonic by SymbolCymbal
Zapp Brannigan Montage by Coop83

Art Requests (1)
First Flight by EchoRun

Yes, we are now taking requests for art critique.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 08:38 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 07:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: Right, I've gone back a while for requests.

Thanks a lot for the list man, you save me a lot of time taking care of it. Also thanks for the first Art request ever in the history of the club :D.

Review Request Club Roll Call:

The goal of this roll call is to take a census of the members who will still be active in the club even though we went through a long period of inactivity in the old thread. That way, the future updates will be more accurate. Please post here if you were a member in the old thread and wish to continue your commitment toward the RRC.

This is only for returning members. Those wishing to join as new members must still post their points at the end of the first week, before the update that should come on Sunday, 21st at about 8:30 AM GTM+2.

On a side note, returning members who have a link to the RRC might want to update their signatures ;).

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:11 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread.

YAY! It's back on! This should finally get me back into reviewing! :)

At 6/18/09 07:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: Right, I've gone back a while for requests. If you guys and girls want some reviews, post a request and I'll add them to next week's list for reviewing.

Thanks for the list. This gives me something to do over the weekend.

Art Requests (1)
First Flight by EchoRun

Yes, we are now taking requests for art critique.

Ah, I reviewed a submission from the art portal yesterday, so I at least had one review to practice. ^^

At 6/18/09 08:38 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Review Request Club Roll Call:

The goal of this roll call is to take a census of the members who will still be active in the club even though we went through a long period of inactivity in the old thread. That way, the future updates will be more accurate. Please post here if you were a member in the old thread and wish to continue your commitment toward the RRC.

I have been a member of the old club and I wish to continue staying active in the club. So count me in. :)

On a side note, returning members who have a link to the RRC might want to update their signatures ;).

This will be done in a minute. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Good luck with the new thread. It looks like it's had a good start so far. Great first post.

At 6/18/09 07:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: Right, I've gone back a while for requests. If you guys and girls want some reviews, post a request and I'll add them to next week's list for reviewing.

My brother would like one of his tunes reviewed, and since it was completely lost in with the other requests in the old thread (enough for it to not have received a single review), I felt that I should rerequest it if that's possible. Cheers.

In a Daze - Johnnyk158:

• In A Daze
    In A Daze by johnnyk158

Click to listen.

Score
    3.59 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 02:02 PM Reply

Glad to see this place is now going to be flowing at a much better rate, I'll be joining once more, anyone with more than 3 requests can send a PM to my inbox with the extra reviews wanted. Also will more likely check this thread weekly now seeing it has a fresh start, chance and not as many unwanted requests.

Also sonofkirk, you forgot one other rule to put in the thread, we shouldn't review spam submissions as was with the other thread.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 03:02 PM Reply

Can you please review this?

FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 03:35 PM Reply

Hey everyone! Hope this club thrives like it did before. I'll slowly get to work on some flash reviews, but probably not audio because, well I really don't know what to say about most audio.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:29 PM Reply

Umm, I'll join this club. Now that high school be over, time is aplenty. And I get bored. Pretty sure it didn't say this in the first post, so I'll ask. Do I just join and review things as people ask, or does someone look through my previous reviews and determine me worthy to be a part of this club?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:29 PM, jew193 wrote: Do I just join and review things as people ask, or does someone look through my previous reviews and determine me worthy to be a part of this club?

I guess that's another job for me, as I'm clearly the most qualified member for that one :P

I've looked over the reviews that you've done and they look decent. Perhaps use a few more paragraphs, rather than just the one block of text - go easy on our eyes, you'll miss them when they're gone ;)

I'd also recommend that you try Gemcraft 0 - it's the new release from Game In A Bottle, after you reviewed his last submission.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:38 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/18/09 05:29 PM, jew193 wrote: Do I just join and review things as people ask, or does someone look through my previous reviews and determine me worthy to be a part of this club?
I guess that's another job for me, as I'm clearly the most qualified member for that one :P

I've looked over the reviews that you've done and they look decent. Perhaps use a few more paragraphs, rather than just the one block of text - go easy on our eyes, you'll miss them when they're gone ;)

Can do. It's usually cuz I'm too lazy to try and figure out where it would be a good place to start a new paragraph. But I'll make the effort.

I'd also recommend that you try Gemcraft 0 - it's the new release from Game In A Bottle, after you reviewed his last submission.

Yeah, I remember that coming out, but I don't think I ever played it.

Also, does the person who has the most points at the time of an update win anything other than the pride in knowing that he's better at reviewing than people on the internet who he'll never meet?

Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 05:58 PM Reply

Sorry guys about the not updating thing. But sonofkirk's done a great job and I'd like to rejoin if I'm let back

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:58 PM, Shanus wrote: Sorry guys about the not updating thing. But sonofkirk's done a great job and I'd like to rejoin if I'm let back

Well, you've already put the new club in your sig, so I think they're legally required to keep you. Don't quote me though.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 06:23 PM Reply

May I join this club? I want to get back into reviewing.

darknessdweller
darknessdweller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Aw crap.

Now that the RRC requires a check of what your reviews are like, how helpful and long they are, and other important review requirements.

Not only that, but many of you guys hate me, after how I acted and typed in past
months (specifically colder ones), and even if I tried hard to improve, I could never fit in with you guys anyway. Although, one guy says a recent post I made sounded very mature.
But anyways... I'll let you guys review things now.

P.S. This is NOT meant to be a pathetic attempt to be accepted by you, or helped with improving of my posts.

Well, bye now.

darknessdweller
darknessdweller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 07:05 PM Reply

Sorry for the double post. But I forgot something! >:(

At 6/18/09 07:01 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Now that the RRC requires a check of what your reviews are like, how helpful and long they are, and other important review requirements...

...I and my useless reviews would never suffice in a high intelligence, high class club like this.

Aleks55
Aleks55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 09:02 PM Reply

I'll join...if I still can.

Comic page

Heres an art thing to request, I can still review other things too.

I'm awesome.

Imacow
Imacow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 10:20 PM Reply

Sweet, I think this is just what this club needs to get a kick in the right direction.

You can expect me to do reviews.

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 10:52 PM Reply

Hey i saw that you are going to review art now as well and would like you to review some of my pieces of art and tell me what you think and what i can improve on. And don't forget to vote on it @;-}>

Save us 222
Hank MC 6
Good ol' hank
Two dudes in a car
Hanks got a gun
Defiant
Jesbus watching over hank
madness combat 9
Ticky the clown
Jesbus MC8
Deimos+

Thank you for your time.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 04:25 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:58 PM, Shanus wrote: Sorry guys about the not updating thing. But sonofkirk's done a great job and I'd like to rejoin if I'm let back

We perfectly understand that you couldn't keep updating the list, real life is more important than the internet. Also you are more than welcome in that club :).

At 6/18/09 06:23 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: May I join this club? I want to get back into reviewing.

I checked your reviews and they seem fine and constructive, though as Coop pointed out for Jew193 try to divide your reviews in paragraphs, your reviews will instantly look better. Good luck with the requests!

At 6/18/09 10:52 PM, idiot-buster wrote:

So the first post of this thread was that unclear? ;).To avoid abuse, you are not allowed to request more than 3 reviews within one week, so choose 3 of your art submissions you really want us to review. Though nothing forbids you to come back with more requests next week.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 05:51 PM, jew193 wrote: Also, does the person who has the most points at the time of an update win anything other than the pride in knowing that he's better at reviewing than people on the internet who he'll never meet?

I don't believe that I'll win anything for this, it's just that I'm top of the charts :P

No, your reviews suck :P

Of course you can come back, Shanus. We'd never kick you out.

Not unless you were a real retard, that is.

At 6/18/09 06:23 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: May I join this club? I want to get back into reviewing.

Not a bad selection of reviews. Try to avoid reviewing the Spam submissions, as it's seen as feeding the troll. Best not to say anything at all.

At 6/18/09 07:01 PM, darknessdweller wrote: P.S. This is NOT meant to be a pathetic attempt to be accepted by you, or helped with improving of my posts.

No, it's more like a pathetic attempt for post +1.

At 6/18/09 09:02 PM, Aleks55 wrote: I'll join...if I still can.

Well, your reviews are a little short and not very detailed. Try to improve the overall level of detail and the amount of substance in your reviews

Comic page

Heres an art thing to request, I can still review other things too.

Yeah, you can still request, I will add them to the next list in order for sonofkirk to update on Sunday Morning.

At 6/18/09 10:20 PM, Imacow wrote: Sweet, I think this is just what this club needs to get a kick in the right direction.

You can expect me to do reviews.

Welcome back

At 6/18/09 10:52 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Hey i saw that you are going to review art now as well and would like you to review some of my pieces of art and tell me what you think and what i can improve on. And don't forget to vote on it @;-}>

Save us 222
Hank MC 6
Good ol' hank

I'll add the first three to the list for next week, buster. We'll try to keep the level of requests down to a reasonable level, in order not to discourage new members as well.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 07:44 AM Reply

No. Go away.

:P

We all understand that you had better things to do. For the same reasons as you I dropped out of doing updates, because I had to concentrate on university.
Welcome back and may you never be MIA again! ;)

At 6/18/09 07:01 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Aw crap.

Now that the RRC requires a check of what your reviews are like, how helpful and long they are, and other important review requirements.

No change from the old RRC. We always asked our members to write helpful reviews.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 08:28 AM Reply

My most well received flash yet. I'd appreciate a review. Yes yes, I'll start on some REAL animation soon.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
agnryfaic
agnryfaic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Can you review my newest audio piece? It's hardstyle/nustyle, just to let you know:P

Thanks in advance!

Meh.

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 6/19/09 04:25 AM, sonofkirk wrote: So the first post of this thread was that unclear? ;).To avoid abuse, you are not allowed to request more than 3 reviews within one week, so choose 3 of your art submissions you really want us to review. Though nothing forbids you to come back with more requests next week.

Oh sorry about that....just pic the first 3 then. And then i will post the next 3 next week.... Are you guys looking for new members still because i would like to join. Though my older reviews are pure garbage i would like to have a reason to make them :::besides the stat:::

And the Wi/Ht fourm misses you @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 6/19/09 12:28 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Oh sorry about that....just pic the first 3 then. And then i will post the next 3 next week.... Are you guys looking for new members still because i would like to join. Though my older reviews are pure garbage i would like to have a reason to make them :::besides the stat:::

Don't worry, Coop will add the first three requests you made to the list. Your recent reviews look fine even if you could work on the way to lay them out, and we don't have any members limit so yes, it would be cool to have you as a member. Don't forget to post the points you've earned before Sunday morning.

And the Wi/Ht fourm misses you @;-}>

That's cute ;). I haven't been active at all in the Wi/Ht - except from the two audio lists - because I was focused on the RRC but I'll be back at some point.

darknessdweller
darknessdweller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2009 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 6/19/09 07:44 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/18/09 07:01 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Now that the RRC requires a check of what your reviews are like, how helpful....
No change from the old RRC. We always asked our members to write helpful reviews.

Well then, maybe if I tried writing reviews like I semi-normally did in the past (sectoins for Drawing, Animation, Plot, Effort, Music etc.) for awhile, I could join you guys!!

ALTHOUGH: I am getting my laptop back next week, so it might/would be pointless for me to join considering my laptop couldn't play NG music even if I changed the settings, and threatened it with a weapon.