00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AerodynamicKorgi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

784,124 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 12:15:42

Sorry 'bou the double post, but i think that in 2 weeks I'll reach 1000 pts...

This means 9 weeks of 100%!!
WOW!!

Also, I wanna congratulate Animith because of the awesome streak!!

And Welcome DarkLight, the guys said awesome things 'bout u!!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 12:15:47

At 3/23/10 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Well that's 5 points for Fro then.

Now imagine if I would have stayed 100% and wouldn't have requested any reviews on my stuff. I'd be number 1 on this list by simply recommending someone. Of course I could go all day about what ifs.

Yeah, by the looks of your reviews, at least the flash ones, they're great, so you'll be a great addition. If you ever want to review audio requests, just remember to improve your audio reviews too.

He told me he only wanted to do flash and art reviews and I told him it was fine.

At 3/22/10 07:10 PM, ChampionAnwar wrote: I just found out I can surf NG at school, I'm back in guys :D
Awesome :D.

So how do you review from school though? Unless of course you have headphones on, but if not then the music and flash would be very distracting. The art is possible, but other then that you couldn't really do it could you?

After the 1 day delay, here's the update! A great week again, although not as good as last time. Even though there was the same amount of requests, the number of reviews done this week is less than last time. Still, heck, 5 people completing all the requests is still awesome, and even more good news is the fact that the requests list is really easy and balanced out this time. I might try and finish them off. Hey, maybe all of the ones who are capable of finishing all of the requests should this time round, maybe we can break a record xD.

Yeah, I think people should really try hard this week since we won't get too many more weeks like this. Or maybe we will so who knows.

Member's Update #37
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
1 ) 5381 | 838 / 838 | 100.00% || 154 | 24 / 24 | 100.00% | Coop83
2 ) 5356 | 834 / 839 | 099.40% || 154 | 24 / 24 | 100.00% | Haggard
3 ) 3031 | 468 / 818 | 057.21% || 154 | 24 / 24 | 100.00% | Fro

Sadly I'm very far behind the two of you, but slowly my percentage will keep going up. As long as I keep reviewing that is... 60% Will be my future goal, but after that I probably won't get too far.

Also, The Three Amigos live to fight another day!

*All Requests Completed:
Coop83, Haggard, Fro, Animith and RogerBK

Congrats everyone.

At 3/23/10 12:08 PM, djnet wrote: wait how did anyone get 100%...i see one that still has 0 reviews
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 17676

The updates come from the list posted the week before. You are looking at this week's list. ;)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 12:21:12

At 3/23/10 12:05 PM, RogerBK wrote: CHA-CHING!! Haha!!

RogerBK strikes again!!
SCT3, here's an advice...

And for yuo Steph...
You're dead!!
P

It's on! >:3.

At 3/23/10 12:06 PM, djnet wrote: I actually would like to start reviewing with you guys...can i start on this list...excluding my own of course...but wait if i review all but my own will i still get 100%?

Well, I looked through your reviews. Some of your music reviews are alright but on the whole you have quite a few one/two liners. You can join the club and review the requests, but make sure that whenever you're reviewing for the club you write good-quality, longish reviews. For examples, you can check out some of these reviews. Just don't check out mine because they will put you off ever joining the club :P.

So yeah, you can join, but make sure that you write reviews similar to the ones in the 3 examples above. Don't forget to review requests from the latest requests list on page 70 and post your points at the end of the week! :).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 12:24:19

At 3/23/10 12:15 PM, Fro wrote: Sadly I'm very far behind the two of you, but slowly my percentage will keep going up. As long as I keep reviewing that is... 60% Will be my future goal, but after that I probably won't get too far.

Alright then I'll make sure your stats will never reach 60% >:D.

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't resist.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 15:05:07

I finish until next list of flashes....
My actual score is:
"5 points for a review on a requested submission (flash, game, art, lit or audio)"
Flashes reviews: 3 so score 15
Art reviews: 1 so score 5
"1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review"
I added that in my 4 reviews so score 4
"3 points for posting at least once throughout the week"
I posted more than one so 3 points more :p
And thats all :p

Total score: 15+5+4+3=27

Lol not a lot :p but something is something...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 15:28:07

At 3/23/10 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #37

Thanks for the update!

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]

We should write a song about the three amigos.

Statistics:
*Requests this week: 24
Total requests all time: 839
Reviews made this week: 132
Average per member: 10.15
Average per request: 5.50

Very nice stats again, good work guys and girls! :)
Also we are closing in on 1000 total requests, very nice.

*All Requests Completed:

5 members on here this time, it's nice. Hope to see you all again next week. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-23 20:57:14

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 08:33:14

At 3/23/10 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: [#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]

Thanks for the update, Steph. I'm liking what I see here.

Good to see that we've got a balanced request list this week. I'm working my way through that and might even be done before the weekend

*cough*bullshit*cough

*All Requests Completed:

Good to see so many people on here :) Hopefully, we can get even more people on this list for the end of this week :D

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 11:34:38

So how do you review from school though? Unless of course you have headphones on, but if not then the music and flash would be very distracting. The art is possible, but other then that you couldn't really do it could you?

I'm a music student, so I can just stick my headphones on and listen when I'm free. Flash can be done whenever same principle (we have our own computers, so as long as we don't take the flying pee we're allowed to generally do what we want).

I'll get some requests done, and that'll help the people that need them, and that's pretty much why I joined :3.

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 13:31:08

Oh God I'm posting too much in this thread...

At 3/23/10 03:28 PM, Haggard wrote: We should write a song about the three amigos.

You make the backing music, Coop writes the lyrics and Fro sings xD.

At 3/24/10 08:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: *cough*bullshit*cough

Stop coughing and get to work >:D.

At 3/24/10 11:34 AM, ChampionAnwar wrote: I'll get some requests done, and that'll help the people that need them, and that's pretty much why I joined :3.

That's the spirit :D. I'm hoping to finish them all this time, already finished one audio review and I'm going to do maybe 1 or 2 more today. I can tear through the Flash and Art much more quickly though, but that's probably because I don't feel obliged to make such ridiculously helpful and massive reviews (like I do in Audio) in Flash and Art requests xD.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 14:49:06

I personally prefer reviewing art... It's pretty easy and I can listen some GOOD music while I'm reviewing...

Flash and audio are the final ones, because it has sound, so, I stop listening Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath...
(That's the only thing that make me stop.)

And, I wanna say sorry 'bout the Triple post, I'm really sorry about it!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 14:55:10

At 3/24/10 02:49 PM, RogerBK wrote: I personally prefer reviewing art... It's pretty easy and I can listen some GOOD music while I'm reviewing...

I like reviewing flash and audio more than art. I really suck at art, so I always feel odd being a critic when I suck so much at it. I wouldn't try to tell an artist how to improve his work in real life, so I feel kind of weird doing just that on Newgrounds.

Flash and audio are the final ones, because it has sound, so, I stop listening Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath...

yeah, that's the biggest downside to reviewing to me. Most flash doesn't have a mute button, and you obviously can't mute audio when you review it, so it can be a little annoying. Luckily, most of the audio we get to review is house or techno, which I like a lot. We don't get enough rap or rock on Newgrounds though. It really is more of a techno site.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 15:09:00

At 3/24/10 02:55 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
yeah, that's the biggest downside to reviewing to me. Most flash doesn't have a mute button, and you obviously can't mute audio when you review it, so it can be a little annoying. Luckily, most of the audio we get to review is house or techno, which I like a lot. We don't get enough rap or rock on Newgrounds though. It really is more of a techno site.

Yeah, but I personally hate reviewing rap, since I don't like it and I never listened to a complete song...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 15:13:00

At 3/24/10 03:09 PM, RogerBK wrote:
Yeah, but I personally hate reviewing rap, since I don't like it and I never listened to a complete song...

Really? To each his own I guess. What sort of rap have you been listening to though? There's a lot more shitty rap IMO than good rap.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 15:13:52

At 3/24/10 02:55 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
At 3/24/10 02:49 PM, RogerBK wrote: I personally prefer reviewing art... It's pretty easy and I can listen some GOOD music while I'm reviewing...
I like reviewing flash and audio more than art. I really suck at art, so I always feel odd being a critic when I suck so much at it. I wouldn't try to tell an artist how to improve his work in real life, so I feel kind of weird doing just that on Newgrounds.

I felt the same when I was about to write my first art review, but then, the more art reviews I wrote, the better I got at them. It's simply organising them properly: Talk about the colour scheme, shading and texture in the first paragraph, talk about the concept and the picture itself in the second, the third paragraph for the background and any nasty contrasts with the foreground and background which ruin the picture and finally the last paragraph for a summary. I personally find Audio the best for me to review, but after the huge amount that we get, it gets a bit boring to continuously review audio and never Flash or Art. Flash would've been impossible for me if I didn't steal Fro's layout :D.

Yeah I totally agree with RogerBK on this. Music actually makes me concentrate more, and listening to my favourite songs while reviewing art is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 17:17:02

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 18:13:33

At 3/24/10 03:13 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
Really? To each his own I guess. What sort of rap have you been listening to though? There's a lot more shitty rap IMO than good rap.

I don't like 50 Cent, Eminem and Snoopp Dogg...

I just think it's not necessary

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-24 18:29:35

At 3/24/10 06:13 PM, RogerBK wrote:
At 3/24/10 03:13 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
I don't like 50 Cent, Eminem and Snoopp Dogg...

I just think it's not necessary

haha. Yeah, I don't even consider that rap honestly. You might find Immortal Technique or Atmosphere or someone. Personally, I find underground rap to be great. People like Lil Wayne make me ill though. I don't need to listen to you tell people about how much money and sex you have.

At 3/24/10 03:13 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I felt the same when I was about to write my first art review, but then, the more art reviews I wrote, the better I got at them. It's simply organising them properly: Talk about the colour scheme, shading and texture in the first paragraph, talk about the concept and the picture itself in the second, the third paragraph for the background and any nasty contrasts with the foreground and background which ruin the picture and finally the last paragraph for a summary. I personally find Audio the best for me to review, but after the huge amount that we get, it gets a bit boring to continuously review audio and never Flash or Art. Flash would've been impossible for me if I didn't steal Fro's layout :D.

See, I actually make some flash, so flash is easy for me to review. Mention any design issues, bugs you find, talk about why it was/was not entertaining. Give suggestions for improvement. For me that's easy. Thanks for the amazing tips though. I'm going to follow your layout now. Maybe I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about ;)

Yeah I totally agree with RogerBK on this. Music actually makes me concentrate more, and listening to my favourite songs while reviewing art is awesome.

Music helps me organize my thoughts better, I think. It may sound odd, but I find that I write better when I'm listening to some music I like. My thoughts flow better, I guess.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-25 04:20:29

I'm somewhat interested in joining this club...
I'll be doing some reviews on some of the submissions posted but don't count me in yet.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-25 08:21:46

At 3/25/10 04:20 AM, KieranNG wrote: I'm somewhat interested in joining this club...
I'll be doing some reviews on some of the submissions posted but don't count me in yet.

Yeah, you're right we won't count you in yet. Your reviews as a whole really have a lot of improving before I would even consider you a mediocre reviewer. The last audio review was pretty good, but all of your reviews are going to have to look like that before you will be considered for the club.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-25 12:08:12

I don't think you guys got me right, it's not that I like reviewing art more than audio and flash...

I love reviewing the three, I just don't like to turn my fav songs of...
;)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-25 18:29:08

Well here's my request. I want to know what you think of my song (temporarily on soundcloud until a mod accepts mine that i sent two weeks ago) CLICK ME!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-25 22:46:52

Why didnt I know of this thread lmao, I barely get reviews anymore

Thats like a blend of french house then it breaks down into my more prefered and popular chicago house.

Since the weeks coming to an end, i guess I'll chuck out my other 2 links as well :)
My more popular hardstyle song, my only one too

Chicago house fans like this one too

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-26 00:47:01

At 3/25/10 08:21 AM, Fro wrote:
Yeah, you're right we won't count you in yet. Your reviews as a whole really have a lot of improving before I would even consider you a mediocre reviewer. The last audio review was pretty good, but all of your reviews are going to have to look like that before you will be considered for the club.

I know, I haven't seriously reviewed a song until the last one I did.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-26 08:16:08

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-26 17:18:04

Hey guys, I have to say something...

Today is Friday, so, tomorrow I'll not review because of a Karate Championship, and Sunday is my grandparent birthday, and monday is mine birthday, so, I would ask if Steph could make a little delay with the update, so I'll keep my 100% streak...

Please!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-26 18:58:13

I'm not going to join the RRC as a regular member, but I'll be a contributing reviewer. I might drop a couple of reviews for some songs every now and then, but that's about it. I don't want to be added to the list.

Thanks for the latest reviews by the way.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-27 05:01:26

At 3/26/10 05:18 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey guys, I have to say something...

Today is Friday, so, tomorrow I'll not review because of a Karate Championship, and Sunday is my grandparent birthday, and monday is mine birthday, so, I would ask if Steph could make a little delay with the update, so I'll keep my 100% streak...

Please!!

Sure no problem :).

Also, I finished all the art reviews and 2 audio reviews. This'll be hard...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-27 09:13:39

School on Saturday for the lose! I get on newgrounds to review stuff. SCHOOL ON SATURDAY FOR THE WIN!

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-03-27 10:29:27

Well here's my request. I want to know what you think of my song (temporarily on soundcloud until a mod accepts mine that i sent two weeks ago) CLICK ME!!!

ALSO, Please someone take a look at it. I have been waiting since the 9th

BBS Signature