00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

779,234 Views | 8,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-05 15:56:03

At 7/5/09 12:38 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: Hi folks, the update should have been posted a bit earlier today but it happened that some members still had some requests to do when I was about to post the update, so I decided to let them some time to bridge the gap while I was lying around in the swimming pool ;).

Guilty as charged. Thanks for waiting :P

We got some new members this week, welcome to JKMonkey, EpicFail and blackcat2000. I hope you will enjoy your the club and complete as many requests as you can, and major congrats to Monkey who achieves a booming introduction with his 100% completion ratio.

Oh, so when I did that, nobody mentions anything, but then some guy called Monkey comes marching in and he gets all the applause? Nah, kidding, well done with completing everything!

Flash Requests (5)

5 flash..Not too bad, I guess..I loved Crazy Dave, so I'll go and give a raving review :)

Audio Requests (6)

Ugh. Why are there so many audio requests?! And I always hate the songs too!!!

Art Requests (4)

Fair enough. I'll survive..

Spotlighted submission (1)

Hmm..Interesting..

05 ) 198 | 30 / 30 | 100.00% || 117 | 18 / 18 | 100.00% Insanimation

Fifth place? This is awesome!

*All Requests Completed:
Coop83, SCTE3, Haggard, Fro, JKMonkey and Insanimation

Only 6 this time, but that's not too bad..The usual suspects..

I gotta go click on some of Nico's ads..

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-05 18:39:03

At 7/5/09 12:38 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: Hi folks, the update should have been posted a bit earlier today but it happened that some members still had some requests to do when I was about to post the update, so I decided to let them some time to bridge the gap while I was lying around in the swimming pool ;).

I did all of the missing reviews yesterday evening. It was hard, but I got it done. Ah well, I could have done some reviews this afternoon, I guess. But it's better to be save than sorry. ^^

Flash Requests (5)
Audio Requests (6)
Art Requests (4)

16 requests, it's a good amount and easy to be done besides my studying.

Member's Update #3:

Thanks for the update!

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 323 | 50 / 50 | 100.00% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% Coop83
02 ) 321 | 50 / 51 | 098.04% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% SCTE3
03 ) 299 | 46 / 46 | 100.00% || 124 | 19 / 19 | 100.00% Frocky52
04 ) 299 | 46 / 51 | 090.20% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% Haggard

Whoa, both me and Cork... Froc... Fro have the same amount of points. Awesome. So, if he requests just one more review I can pass him. ^^
Other than that, top 4 is going strong.

05 ) 198 | 30 / 30 | 100.00% || 117 | 18 / 18 | 100.00% Insanimation

And top 5 is going strong as well. Keep it up! :)

Statistics:
*Requests made this week: 21
Total Requests all time: 51

3 Updates and already 51 requests, so I think we will need another 3 to break the 100-barrier.

*Review made this Week: 95
Average per member: 5.938
Average per request: 4.762

Almost 5 reviews per request, this is a pretty good amount.

Total Reviews all time: 221

Ah, a nice statistic here. Something all members can be proud of. :)

*New To the List: JKMonkey, EpicFail and blackcat2000

Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay!

*All Requests Completed:

Wasn't it 7 last time? Ah well, 6 is also good. I expect to read all your names next time on this list. Plus a few more would be nice as well. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 01:10:31

Lol, the life of reviewing is one that i sort of began to pick up (again) recently, so I'm joining here to help the odd person (probably not everyone is what I meant) with their animation... I usually go through the judgement animations (also for my blam/protection points) and review flashes which seem like they actually put in effort and would be able to use some advice. So I'll do the same here in the RRC =P

And no worries about already reviewing The Mole... It was still helpful, but I'm still not understanding why my flash API ad thing doesn't show up for me =X

Reviewing is good for your health!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 01:22:41

I got some really nice reviews on my audio submissions from Coop83, SCTE3, Fro, and Haggard. I just wanted to say thanks to them one more time, and also request some reviews on my newest audio submission.

as well as my artwork
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/silen t-g/feel-what-i-feel
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/silen t-g/help-me-out
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/silen t-g/may-i-take-yours
thank you so much.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 06:43:28

At 7/6/09 01:22 AM, Silent-G wrote: I got some really nice reviews on my audio submissions from Coop83, SCTE3, Fro, and Haggard.

You make me feel bad... I'll hafta review your music piece now =P

Just a note to all the people who request audio (whether you end up reading this or not), is that I'm horrible at music and i don't know how to judge it "properly" (had to refrain from putting this information into my reviews =X) so if for (at least the first few) the reviews I seem to be rating a bit high or a bit low, I'm trying to adjust it as I get used to listening to good/not-so-good music. Just a little... "disclaimer" I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 08:39:07

At 7/5/09 12:38 PM, Sonofkirk wrote:

Thanks for the update Sonofkirk.

Hi folks, the update should have been posted a bit earlier today but it happened that some members still had some requests to do when I was about to post the update, so I decided to let them some time to bridge the gap while I was lying around in the swimming pool ;).

And I should have responded to this earlier, but I was also sun bathing in the swimming pool. It was too nice of a day not to go swimming.

We got some new members this week, welcome to JKMonkey, EpicFail and blackcat2000. I hope you will enjoy your the club and complete as many requests as you can, and major congrats to Monkey who achieves a booming introduction with his 100% completion ratio.

Congrats to everyone new member and especially JKMonkey for becoming another 100%. It's a hard task to keep up after awhile, but I hope you can maintain it.

Nothing special happened this week so no point wasting any more characters, enjoy the update (otherwise you are gay).

You'd like me to be gay wouldn't you?

Flash Requests (5)

Not a bad amount. Just about the amount of flash reviews that I like to do in a week. Hopefully none of the games take too long to play. :P

Audio Requests (6)

Another decent amount. Not too much not too little, etc.. I'm happy we don't have another 20 review week like we use to get for audio.

Art Requests (4)

I'll try to finish these today and tomorrow I will do the audio, followed by the flash. That's usually how I do it.

Planet Nuke By urban-Wolf100 - brought to you by Coop83

I swear I'll request something here eventually. Just didn't think of anything this week around.

01 ) 323 | 50 / 50 | 100.00% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% Coop83
02 ) 321 | 50 / 51 | 098.04% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% SCTE3
03 ) 299 | 46 / 46 | 100.00% || 124 | 19 / 19 | 100.00% Frocky52
04 ) 299 | 46 / 51 | 090.20% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% Haggard

It's going to be tough sledding through here. I won't be submitting anything for quite awhile so as long as I do all of the reviews with the RRC on the bottom then I should be fine to go.

*New To the List: JKMonkey, EpicFail and blackcat2000

Welcome!

*All Requests Completed:

Some regulars and some newcomers. Let's keep this number up.

At 7/5/09 02:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
o i c.

Got a bit confused there ;P

For some reason most people do get quite confused with these lists. I was very confused when I first joined and was happy that Metal-Therapy was there to talk me through it all. ; _ ;

At 7/5/09 06:39 PM, Haggard wrote:
Whoa, both me and Cork... Froc... Fro have the same amount of points. Awesome. So, if he requests just one more review I can pass him. ^^

Won't be for a long time. I'm kind of sick of submitting live action movies. Especially when more than half the reviewers have said the words, "bad acting" in their reviews. That's enough to finally make me stop submitting my movies to newgrounds.

Anyway, do we still have that rule if we get someone to join the club then we get points from it? :P

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 09:10:53

At 7/5/09 06:39 PM, Haggard wrote: And top 5 is going strong as well. Keep it up! :)

Yes, all the ratios of the top 5 are above 90%, that's really good and with the relative low amount of requests to be done for next update, the top 5 should be able to keep this up. And I'm really ashamed of my 13% completion ratio... but to be honest I can't really more than that.

Wasn't it 7 last time? Ah well, 6 is also good. I expect to read all your names next time on this list. Plus a few more would be nice as well. ;)

It was a good week and 6 users in this section was quite rare in the old thread if I remember well. I wish I could make it into this list as I did in the old thread, I really need to motivate myself. The main problem is I can't stand most of shitty trance/dance/rave songs that are posted in the thread ^^. I tend to review only the songs I like... very few :P.

At 7/5/09 03:56 PM, Insanimation wrote: Guilty as charged. Thanks for waiting :P

Haha, no problem man. The more reviews the members write the better it is for the club so it would have been stupid to refuse a little delay on the update ;). And good job completing all the requests, now keep your stats at 100% for one 10 months yet and you'll beat Corky ^^.

At 7/6/09 01:22 AM, Silent-G wrote: and also request some reviews on my newest audio submission.

You already requested reviews on this submission in the old RRC thread and members had to review if for the first new club's update, no point requesting reviews on it again. And plus your art requests, that makes four, so I will only take your three art requests.

At 7/6/09 08:39 AM, Fro wrote: You'd like me to be gay wouldn't you?

You ARE actually gay, you don't need to hide yourself behind a namechange, everyone in here knows you are gay, Corky. Proof here.

Won't be for a long time. I'm kind of sick of submitting live action movies. Especially when more than half the reviewers have said the words, "bad acting" in their reviews. That's enough to finally make me stop submitting my movies to newgrounds.

YAY! The spam will finally stop! Ha, seriously your movies weren't bad, far from it. The ideas were good, the stories and the plots were well found but the main problem was the production. I think people didn't really like your live action movies because the image quality was quite bad and the sound not very accurate, no offence.
I'm sure that if you owned a better camera, a good ambiance mic and some image and sound mixing softwares, your movie would be really appreciated even though Newgrounds is originally a flash portal.

Anyway, do we still have that rule if we get someone to join the club then we get points from it? :P

Ah, I omitted to mention it in the first post of the thread, actually I totally forgot about it when I made the opening post. My short answer would be yes, it's always appreciable to get some extra points when you contributed more to the thread. I think 5 points for referring a new member is fair, but let's listen to the other member's opinion.

Thanks for all the replies to the update guys.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 13:37:11

Audio Review Requests:
Only need reviews for one song so yea check it out :)

Rate,Review,Enjoy

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 13:37:36

At 7/5/09 02:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/5/09 01:58 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: Those guys had to review all the requests compiled on this post - the update post.
o i c.

Got a bit confused there ;P

Don't worry, I'll be giving you some reviews over the next day or two - I can do the art review during a quiet few minutes at work, as no sounds are required ;)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 14:32:45

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-06 14:48:32

Thanks for the update.

At 7/5/09 12:38 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: Flash Requests (5)
TNEJ (art collab) By James Butler (jamesb1995)
Billy Mays: A Tribute By Frenzy
Capture The Flag: Ep 3 By Aeonstars
The SuperHero Collab By Makeshift
-Crazy Dave- By Big Red (tingtonger)

Looks like we got another good week for flash.

14 ) 030 | 04 / 33 | 012.12% || 009 | 01 / 21 | 004.76% Metal-Therapy

Ouch, I slacked really bad. :( I'm going to really busy on my days off this week, so lets see what I'm able to get done...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 11:18:05

Hey I'd like to request a review please, I respond to all reviews and appericate them all.

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 13:51:55

Hey please give this one a listen and review, any feedback would be great....

Quake

Review Request Club

Ooh that smell...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 15:30:43

http://dsmokes.newgrounds.com/ this is my music page you might like what i have on my page

dsmokes

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 15:33:23

Can I join this club?
My specialty is reviewing flash submissions.

I was not referred by any member.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 16:26:57

I'm pretty productive this week. Could you review this you awesome son of a review club? Thanks to SCTE3 who reviewed my latest Demo Reel and Song. Thank you!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 19:09:07

At 7/7/09 03:33 PM, squidly wrote: Can I join this club?
My specialty is reviewing flash submissions.

I was not referred by any member.

Hi, welcome to the club.

I just had a quick look at your reviews. Some of them seem pretty short, while others are more detailed and quite good. For example the review you left for Redcoat Invasion is an example of one of your good reviews.
So if you could review more like that and less one liners it would be pretty nice. :)

Anyway, just start reviewing the requests from the list Sonofkirk posted near the top of this page and post how many points you gathered on Saturday and you will be included to the list.

Here's the Points System:
5 points for a review on a requested submission (flash, game, art, lit or audio)
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review
3 points for posting at least once throughout the week
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post)
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-07 20:33:03

Hay guys, I have a new art piece I would like reviewed please! (It's new! Just finished! I am soooo happy about this! Been ages since I finished something half decent.)

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/echor un/blue-eyed-dragon

Thanks. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-08 04:07:46

Ok, whatever, I can't seem to fix the issue with my animation, so sonofkirk, you can add it into the next update anyways =/
But I have a question: when you watch it, does the ad come up (the NG API one), cuz when I view it, it doesn't (unless I'm viewing it on my desktop).
I just checked too, and I have ad impressions (I earned $0.01 =3) despite me not being able to see the ad... Is there actually an issue with my flash? =X

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-08 12:56:47

Do spammers still post flash work here? Just out of curiosity I'm asking. Because I'm fairly harsh if I don't really like a flash and I don't want to get kicked out or anything.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-09 14:58:55

This is very important to me. VERRRY important that you give this a thoughtful review.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-09 20:59:47

Its good to see people actually reviewed the art I submitted, guaranteed not all were that positive (for those who kept saying to post the rest of the story I made a link to where the whole comic is hosted, but don't expect much it still looks relatively the same.) But a few were, and BTW I am going to invest in a tablet.

I'm awesome.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-10 06:34:03

At 7/8/09 12:56 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Do spammers still post flash work here? Just out of curiosity I'm asking. Because I'm fairly harsh if I don't really like a flash and I don't want to get kicked out or anything.

I haven't seen any submission from a spam group or a spammer in the new thread yet. Though, if it had to happen, the best we should do would be to leave a constructive review as we do for the other requests, putting aside the fact it's spam.

What's more, you can be harsh in the reviews you leave, as soon as you still provide helpful criticisms. But hey, we won't kick you out if you leave one crappy review... you know why ;P.

At 7/9/09 08:59 PM, Aleks55 wrote: Its good to see people actually reviewed the art I submitted.

I'm glad to see you are a satisfied customer of the RRC, though it would be appreciated if your gave a response to the reviews the members left. Sure you are not forced to, but it's nice way to thank those who reviewed your stuff, isn't it? :)

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-10 07:24:58

Well I responded to them.

I'm awesome.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-10 18:34:43

Nico told me I can spotlight stuff this week, so this is a Flash submitted today by this awesome guy who I kinda know. I'm sure you'll love it, and I think he responds to reviews.

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-10 19:38:56

Since I was so happy with the result of my previous request here, I thought I'd just drop by and place my first flash here for a review'n. Thanks guys.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-11 15:07:45

Glad I found this thread. I'd like a few reviews for my audio submissions since they seem to slip through the portal without much recognition.

Also, I was wondering if I could join? I think most of my audio reviews are detailed enough (I could be wrong though).
Thanks in advance!

Hey, I do audio. Check it out!

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-11 15:12:07

HAI guys. Long time since I was in this thread. (I used to be Shadow-1409)
Just wondering if I could get a review! :D
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/virid is/why-so-serious

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-11 17:38:22

I won't be able to post the update tomorrow since I go at my cousins'. Expect it coming on Monday.

Extra time to complete the requests for you guys ;).

Response to Review Request Club 2009-07-12 19:27:08

I would love to have my new tune reviewed by y'all. :)

Summer Solace {durn}

Nice cool house to chill to during these warm summer months. :)