Celx-Requin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 08:22:00 Reply

Hello,

I'd like you guys to review my submission if you have time,
the last time I put this up, the preloader had a problem, but this time it's been fixed.

Anyway I will respond to anyone who leaves a review from this club.
Thanks,
- Celx

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature
Insanimation
Insanimation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 09:30:38 Reply

This club needed a new start.

I would be happy to join. I tried joining as it started dying in the last thread, so nothing really came of that. My reviews and awaiting your judgment.

Also, here's a recent couple of flashes you could review. Thanks :)

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 10:42:36 Reply

All review for the week have been finished.

Completing the reviews: 5x10=50 points
Review Request Club at bottom of reviews: 1x10=10
Posting at least once during this week: 3 points

63 points total

Decided to get them all done during today since I have nothing else to do this week for the time being, probably go ahead and finish up any reviews up to page 3 so that I can get them all done as well. X3

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 12:05:22 Reply

At 6/23/09 09:30 AM, Insanimation wrote: This club needed a new start.

I would be happy to join. I tried joining as it started dying in the last thread, so nothing really came of that. My reviews and awaiting your judgment.

Hi, welcome to the club!

Your reviews look fine, so better just dive straight in for the requests!

Make sure that you understand the points system (look at the first post of this thread) and tell us how many points you gathered before the update next Sunday.

If there's anything you do not understad feel free to ask. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 12:55:41 Reply

I'll join, I haven't reviewed something in a while, but this thread seems organized, and it'd make reviewing worthy submission a lot easier, I'd love to be a part of this.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 13:05:26 Reply

At 6/21/09 07:53 AM, Haggard wrote: WHAAAAA! Earlier than I expected! I should have read at what time you where going to update this. I thought I could stay at 100% as I used to in the old club for a very long time and now I'm only at about 70%. :/

Ah I'm really sorry about, maybe I didn't highlighted the time I was going to update enough. But as we said on AIM, let's review an infinite number of requests and you'll be back at 100% ;P.

Who want to re-introduce the recommendations? Who want to carry on without it?

Ok reading what you guys said about recommendations, let's officially add it. But as milinko pointed out, we should set up a date limit and amount of current reviews. The spotlighted submission were required to be under 3 months old and have less than 50 reviews, but I think we should decrease the reviews limit since 50 reviews is quite a lot. Maybe something around 20 or 25? Also should we count a recommendation as a real request or as a submission we are encouraged to review (no points rewarded for it)?

At 6/23/09 10:42 AM, SCTE3 wrote: 63 points total

You don't need to post your points any more since you are on the list, I will count your points myself when I update the list, but good job on completing all the requests, keep it up. That makes me think I misspelled your username in the list update, I'm still confused with it even it's not shadowchaotailsevil3 any more ;P.

At 6/23/09 12:55 PM, EpicFail wrote: I'll join, I haven't reviewed something in a while, but this thread seems organized, and it'd make reviewing worthy submission a lot easier, I'd love to be a part of this.

I went through your reviews and they are not always very constructive and helpful, they go from poor to pretty good therefore if you want to complete requests you will have to put more efforts in your reviews - you might want to have a look at Corky52's, Coop83's or Haggard's reviews if you need an example. Post again in the thread when you thought about it so can decide if I add you on the list :).

On a side note, it's good to see requests are getting numerous, it would seem the club started the good way and I'm happy to see some friends joining the club - Hey Conor - I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 13:19:39 Reply

Sorry if I am double posting...

Here are the flashes that I have reviewed, I will work on the Audio shortly.

FIZZ (epsisode 1)
Shark Black
Headlights On Dark Roads
DANCE!!
WALK!

Loved all of these flashes, and so far I am really enjoying this club, I want to thank you for remaking the thread, and it being very organized, makes life a lot easier.

Yeah, whatever.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 14:11:09 Reply

I shall be happy to join if you would like me within your ranks? However I join only to review, do I have to post when I reviewed something and receive points? I do not wish to, I only want to join to review.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 14:15:45 Reply

At 6/23/09 02:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I shall be happy to join if you would like me within your ranks? However I join only to review, do I have to post when I reviewed something and receive points? I do not wish to, I only want to join to review.

I don't think I've really been accepted yet, but I'm working on it, if you want to join just to review, well, you might as well not bother joining, and review on your own... If you want to receive the points I imagine you'll have to post... Otherwise they may forget about you or something, y'know? And the more posting we have in here the better.

Yeah, whatever.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 15:18:12 Reply

At 6/23/09 02:15 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 6/23/09 02:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I shall be happy to join if you would like me within your ranks? However I join only to review, do I have to post when I reviewed something and receive points? I do not wish to, I only want to join to review.

You only have to post your points totals the first week that you join. It's just so the list updater knows who to look for when looking for new members. So sometime before the due date on the next list post your score and then you won't ever have to do it again. It's simple enough and that way you can be on our list!

I don't think I've really been accepted yet, but I'm working on it, if you want to join just to review, well, you might as well not bother joining, and review on your own... If you want to receive the points I imagine you'll have to post... Otherwise they may forget about you or something, y'know? And the more posting we have in here the better.

I'll accept both of you, but as sonofkirk has already said you may need to work on the quality of your reviews a bit. Take example of some of Coop's or Haggard's reviews in my opinion. They are about the quality that you are shooting for.

Reviews in the club are a little different then when you review casually. These people really want help in how to make their stuff better and you have to muster up every thing that you can think for each review to do exactly that. I'm sure you can manage that!

It's a great club really. Great members and a lot of fun.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 16:21:17 Reply

At 6/23/09 10:42 AM, SCTE3 wrote: All review for the week have been finished.

Completing the reviews: 5x10=50 points
Review Request Club at bottom of reviews: 1x10=10
Posting at least once during this week: 3 points

63 points total

Wait, I thought sonofkirk posted 12 total to review before next Sunday? The 2 flash, 3 audio, and 7 art.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 16:25:39 Reply

At 6/23/09 04:21 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
Wait, I thought sonofkirk posted 12 total to review before next Sunday? The 2 flash, 3 audio, and 7 art.

Oh ya, thanks for correction there, 12 more points meaning this week I will have almost 200 points total, just below Coop83 and possibly above Corky, woo-hoo.

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 17:05:08 Reply

• (Full) Brain Damage Cover
    (Full) Brain Damage Cover by T-N-T

Click to listen.

Score
    4.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    General Rock
    Popularity
  • Numb (Acoustic Cover)
    Numb (Acoustic Cover) by T-N-T

Click to listen.

Score
    2.71 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    General Rock
    Popularity

Hope you guys like it.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 17:25:34 Reply

At 6/23/09 05:05 PM, T-N-T wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 47177
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 49200

Reviewed.

Very good job by the way, I enjoyed them, and your vocals are not bad at all on the Pink Floyd song.
The Floyd song sounded a bit choppy though, like I said in the reviews you may want to get a better recording device, but it still sounds very good.

Yeah, whatever.

Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 17:35:15 Reply

A collab im part of I'd love reviews on.

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 18:53:33 Reply

Hello all, I was hoping I can get some reviews on a remastered track. Please and thank you.

• Everything *Remastered*
    Everything *Remastered* by djconnect

Click to listen.

Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    R&B
    Popularity

I would also like to join, I review on my own as it is so I will drop by here every now and then.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 19:38:54 Reply

All requests from page 2 and here have been fulfilled so far, I still need to get that art request on page 1 sometime as well. I just hope they add Art reviews to our page soon so I don't feel like I might have accidentally wasted review time on things that will never count for anything. :(

Now I'm probably going to go tackle those 3 requests I've had in my inbox for ageeeeeeeessss now.

I have nothing better to do so I guess reviewing will be a real help for me when I have nothing to do and my dad is gone, when he's here I can't get any reviewing done since he just has to listen to the stupid TV >_>

Don't get me wrong, I love watching it too, but I don't want to hear it all the time. Anyone who plans on making more than 3 requests can put the extra reviews in my inbox with the title "Extra review requests" so that I may tackle them, if someone posts the FAQ for this club sometime on a further down page putting that in there would be really cool. :)

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Melancholy
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 20:51:59 Reply

At 6/23/09 01:05 PM, sonofkirk wrote: Also should we count a recommendation as a real request or as a submission we are encouraged to review (no points rewarded for it)?

We did in the past, I don't see a problem with it.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 00:47:03 Reply

Thanks to everyone that listened to my music and gave me honest opinions, so now I will review any audio from anyone that posts here.

From DjConnect

• Everything *Remastered*
    Everything *Remastered* by djconnect

Click to listen.

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    R&B
    Popularity

I really enjoyed this song! I'm not a huge fan of any R&B, but this one was very relaxed and had a very good beat. I do hope to hear more music from you soon because you have potential. :)

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 00:58:14 Reply

I need to get those audio reviews done soon, I've been putting them off because, well, I don't really know what "good" music sounds like. It's like art. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to review audio?

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 01:05:57 Reply

At 6/24/09 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I need to get those audio reviews done soon, I've been putting them off because, well, I don't really know what "good" music sounds like. It's like art. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to review audio?

Well I consider what genre it is first. Considering that genre, you should also consider on how well done it is. Something that is off tune and it sounds choppy usually would mean less points. Something that you haven't heard before and it sounds original and not some ripoff (excepting from covers) will gain points to it.

That's what I think.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 08:12:46 Reply

At 6/24/09 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I need to get those audio reviews done soon, I've been putting them off because, well, I don't really know what "good" music sounds like. It's like art. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to review audio?

That's something else that I'm not good with. If you don't really know what makes good music then perhaps you know what makes bad music?

That's basically what I do. I don't know how to make things better or anything like that so I tend to say the small mistakes that I see, static, being too repetitive, too simply, too messy, etc.. And also because I don't know much about music I also treat it like art. I make up a small story or situation where it could be used in a flash or what the music makes me feel.

It's also why I tend to give higher scores, because I don't find it fair to give something a low score if I don't exactly know about it.

Anyway, those are the only tips that I can give and it's basically what I try to do in every review. I'm sure some other people may have some tips, hopefully some more people that create audio can give you some good information.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 08:44:21 Reply

At 6/24/09 08:12 AM, Corky52 wrote: Good advice

If you don't understand audio production then Corky's advice is the best. When you start creating audio you start hearing the individual sounds of the instruments and the slight effects that you never really picked up on before. Plus you can point out what is what in a song because you work with similar tools as well.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature
jxl180
jxl180
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 13:31:47 Reply

This song is not final. I am looking for suggestions and even ideas for a title. Whatever improvements you think it may need, please tell me. Thank you.

• Hardcore Demo
    Hardcore Demo by jxl180

Click to listen.

Score
    3.34 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 14:39:18 Reply

At 6/24/09 01:31 PM, jxl180 wrote: This song is not final. I am looking for suggestions and even ideas for a title. Whatever improvements you think it may need, please tell me. Thank you.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 49386

Keep working on it, and it'll be awesome! :D

BBS Signature
Sonofkirk
Sonofkirk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 15:16:13 Reply

At 6/24/09 08:12 AM, Corky52 wrote: Anyway, those are the only tips that I can give and it's basically what I try to do in every review. I'm sure some other people may have some tips, hopefully some more people that create audio can give you some good information.

What you said about reviewing audio is exact and that's a good way to review audio when you don't know much about it. Though I can think about other things you can easily talk about in audio reviews.

You can give your opinion about the overall sound quality, if the sound is clean or dirty, how professional the song sounds, if it's smooth and pleasant to listen to... You can also comment on the mix, say if all the instruments levels are good or if an instrument is too prominent in the mix.

What's more, tell the artist what you think about the overall ambiance of the song, If it makes you think about a period of your life, a film, a person, a season or whatever, tell it to the artist, it's always nice to see your music stimulate people's imagination. Also,

I guess that if you put together the tips above and the ones from Corky, you can write a really good review even if you don't know anything about music.

Alfierulz
Alfierulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 16:24:18 Reply

Can I join? It seemed like in the first there was no requirements, so I guess I can join? :D

I will improve my reviews because the couple I have done are some of my first and I didn't really know what to say, but now I've had a look at flash a bit and some audio programs I know how to use proper terminology and stuff, if I get accepted I'll pop this thread in mah sig. ^__^

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 17:42:20 Reply

At 6/24/09 04:24 PM, Alfierulz wrote: Can I join? It seemed like in the first there was no requirements, so I guess I can join? :D

I will improve my reviews because the couple I have done are some of my first and I didn't really know what to say, but now I've had a look at flash a bit and some audio programs I know how to use proper terminology and stuff, if I get accepted I'll pop this thread in mah sig. ^__^

You can join if you improve your reviews like you mentioned that you would and post your points total up before Sunday. Make sure you read the first page over well and that you keep up with the latest list.

So go ahead, check out the latest list, check the people who are already in the club and take some tips from their reviews and start writing some helpful reviews!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 18:50:53 Reply

At 6/24/09 06:36 PM, sk8erboi13 wrote: Can anyone review my new art?

I've seen those pictures before, they're not yours...
I would review them if they weren't stolen.

Yeah, whatever.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 19:17:26 Reply

At 6/24/09 06:36 PM, sk8erboi13 wrote: Can anyone review my new art?

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sk8er boi13/cat-girl

Also, I'm tired of getting messages about people getting a boner to it -___-

I won't review it, all you did was grab that image from some image hosting site like photobucket and then you downgraded the quality to make it look a little shittier, please come out with something that is your own work, we don't care if it's all that terrible, I just don't want to review something that isn't someone else's work.

BBS Signature