New Topic Respond to this Topic
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489592

Id like a review on this one please!!! And by the way, Hi all reviewers!!!

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature
ErikKaufman
ErikKaufman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 01:55 AM Reply

Review please:
Erik Kaufman - Step Dance
It need constructive criticism, thank you!

Blazirc
Blazirc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:47 AM Reply

Review, please. Thanks

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489018

It's a bit messy and I want to make it better and work to improve on my next songs :)

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

no-ma-designs
no-ma-designs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

Hey guys,
So I've been having some trouble with mixing/mastering/production where I think it might sound alright, but have little to no formal experience with it to justify that thought. I came out with a new track and was wondering if I could get some advice on how to get it sounding good from anyone who knows their shit better than I do (i.e. anyone).

• Got Me Good
    Got Me Good by no-ma-designs

Boop.

Score
    4.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

As a result of laziness and a simple lack of interest, I haven't written a review in a while, and I doubt I'll be reviewing frequently in the future. As much as I regret it, I'm gonna have to leave this club. Sorry guys.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 11:22 PM, Winrar1337 wrote: As a result of laziness and a simple lack of interest, I haven't written a review in a while, and I doubt I'll be reviewing frequently in the future. As much as I regret it, I'm gonna have to leave this club. Sorry guys.

That's fine with me. We all need a break sometimes.

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

Hi there! I requested a review for a slightly earlier version of this song (a different submission) 6 or 7 months ago, and I've recently picked it back up. I'd really like to hear some feedback from you guys! Thanks a ton in advance. :]

• Exodus WIP2
    Exodus WIP2 by Himynameisjacob

It's a Work In Progress.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Well this looks really neat. I'm joining the club. I'll start by puttin up some reviews and puttin up this link

• Ring Around The Sun
    Ring Around The Sun by Ryry67dude

My entry for NAC '12

Score
    4.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

for my newest song.

Cant wait to see how this works :)

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 08:46 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: Well this looks really neat. I'm joining the club. I'll start by puttin up some reviews and puttin up this link
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489534
for my newest song.

Oh derp. You guys have to let me in first. My bad. Okay, DONT REVIEW THAT UNTIL THEY LET ME IN (if they do)

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 08:47 PM, Ryry67dude wrote:
At 6/12/12 08:46 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: Well this looks really neat. I'm joining the club. I'll start by puttin up some reviews and puttin up this link
for my newest song.

Oh derp. You guys have to let me in first. My bad. Okay, DONT REVIEW THAT UNTIL THEY LET ME IN (if they do)

So you want it left off for this week? I can do that then. Feel free to link to it again when you want it reviewed.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:30 PM Reply

Really not much to say this week. Only Haggard and SkyeWintrest got any reviews done. The rest of us got nothing accomplished and Knuckstrike is about to fall off the list. Been quite awhile since I did no reviews though. Feel like most of it was just a lack of motivation during the previous week that lead to me getting none done.

Hopefully we can all get some done this week. I think it would feel good for all of us to get at least 1 review done this week.

Enjoy the update!

Member's Update #135
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 9654 | 1504 / 3101 | 048.50% || 000 | 00 / 13 | 000.00% | Coop*
02 ) 9195 | 1425 / 3106 | 045.88% || 021 | 03 / 13 | 023.08% | Haggard
03 ) 6993 | 1074 / 1456 | 073.76% || 003 | 00 / 13 | 000.00% | SCTE3*
04 ) 0733 | 0111 / 0759 | 014.62% || 000 | 00 / 13 | 000.00% | Knuckstrike**
05 ) 0114 | 0017 / 0285 | 005.96% || 000 | 00 / 13 | 000.00% | Sectus*
06 ) 0097 | 0014 / 0052 | 026.92% || 015 | 02 / 13 | 015.38% | SkyeWintrest

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive last week
**: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last three weeks

If you are inactive for more than three weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than four weeks, you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 13
Total Requests All Time: 3079
Reviews Made This Week: 5
Total Reviews All Time: 8218
Average Per Member: 0
Average Per Request: 0.38
Sigs Forgotten: 0

*New to the List:
Leaving the List: Winrar1337

*All Requests Completed:

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 11:14 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 6/12/12 08:47 PM, Ryry67dude wrote:
for my newest song.

So you want it left off for this week? I can do that then. Feel free to link to it again when you want it reviewed.

Well I just dont know if I'm allowed to submit it before Im 100% accepted (or theres acceptance necessary)

If I'm allowed, then review away!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

14 requests for the week!

Enjoy the update!

Flash Requests (2)
Convienent. by Ilssm
Avoision 2 by ToastedToastyToast

Audio Requests (11)
C23~Blue 15 by Criminal-23
Glitch Practice by Yoshiii343
~SW~ Dreamland Chronicles by SkyeWintrest
Sun Down (Zx dubstep) by ZxOOxZ
Faceless-Blue-Coat by Rahmemhotop
Xtronic by ESTAR48
The Birth of Chysalis by X-Trav
Step Dance by ErikKaufman
Walls_v1 by Blazirc
Got Me Good by no-ma-designs
Exodus WIP2 by Himynameisjacob

Art Requests (1)
Carousel Boutique at Midnight by Skaren

Extra Audio Requests (3)
To Misery by ZxOOxZ
Walk Through by ZxOOxZ
Champion by EXTAR48

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 12:34 AM Reply

Alright. Just getting this clear. I am joining, so expect reviews on their way, and if there's an issie with that, let me know.

Here's mine to be included in the next update. I posted it earlier, but I accidentally made it conplicated

• Ring Around The Sun
    Ring Around The Sun by Ryry67dude

My entry for NAC '12

Score
    4.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 6/12/12 11:30 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Member's Update #135
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 9654 | 1504 / 3101 | 048.50% || 000 | 00 / 13 | 000.00% | Coop*
02 ) 9195 | 1425 / 3106 | 045.88% || 021 | 03 / 13 | 023.08% | Haggard

Poor week for me, but with issues outside of the NG domain, I've been a little rushed, to be honest.

Well, I've managed one review already, so let's see if I can get some more made and fight my way determinedly back.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
HornCub
HornCub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Well, all of my pieces are rated below zero, but without any reviews I'm forced to wonder about what's wrong with them. I expected them to suck, but I'd like to learn from my mistakes. Here's two I'm particularly curious about. They're both really short, but I hope I can get a little advice before I do any more with them.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489762

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489760

Nimble
Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 12:24 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Seems like... sure! 'long as you review the audio of this week, I'd assume there's absolutely no problem in it!

whoops! didn't see that. Well,regardless,i'm doing this week's audio.

inb4 (+3)

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
ZxOOxZ
ZxOOxZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

More work Guys!

• Paradox Palace- Zx
    Paradox Palace- Zx by ZxOOxZ

Paradox Palace a Chill Pop-ish song

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
  • June Go Boom (Zx Dubstep)
    June Go Boom (Zx Dubstep) by ZxOOxZ

June Go Boom (Zx Dubstep)

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
  • Sun Down (Zx Dubstep)
    Sun Down (Zx Dubstep) by ZxOOxZ

Sun Down

Score
    3.58 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Industrial
    Popularity

Review Request Club

Rinileki14
Rinileki14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

Harmonic Symphony 12. My latest song. Thanks to everyone who reviews.

• Harmonic Symphony 12
    Harmonic Symphony 12 by Rinileki14

Animusic: Harmonic Voltage remix

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

Zictor
Zictor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 08:55 AM Reply

• Pip the Robot: Button
    Pip the Robot: Button by Zictor

Pip discovers a red button... and presses it!

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Hey guys I just made this. I'd like feedback on what works, what doesn't etc. If you don't recognise me it's because I don't post on the forums much, I only started submitting after a 3 year gap at the end of last year... that 3 year gap was called university where I picked up the obvious change in skills from the 2008-2011 period.

I met Coop 2 years running at the NG London meetups so he's the one who let me know of the Review Request club, thought I'd give him a shout out! Cool guy!

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your feedback.

papkee
papkee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

Alright, here's my newest creation.

• Something New
    Something New by papkee

Upbeat house? Neat.

Score
    4.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

BuggMusic
BuggMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 05:20 AM Reply

Hey guys, can I please get some reviews on this track? Thanks!

• Don't Let Go
    Don't Let Go by BuggMusic

Progressive House

Score
    4.72 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

hellbound182
hellbound182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 05:54 AM Reply

Hey all here is a new track!
this one is going about how simple it is to see what is going on
and how easy it is for people to close their eyes to the truth
and in this track i wanted to go in on the fact that i can't close my eyes
i refuse to... because i want these things to change..... and the only way to change is by looking towards the Future

• Cant close my eyes
    Cant close my eyes by hellbound182

Song about no longer being able to deny wants before your eyes

Score
    4.64 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

SIEx Music
Altitude's domain

Nimble
Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

51 Points for the first week back.

54 if this post counts.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
Carlyndra
Carlyndra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Hello! I made a voice-acting audition and I am looking for feedback and constructive criticism.
The audio is only 35 seconds long. It might be a little loud so check your volume first.

• Voice Acting Audition
    Voice Acting Audition by Carlyndra

My voice acting audition audio. 35 seconds. Might be a little loud.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Voice
    Genre
    Voice Demo
    Popularity

Anything helpful is greatly appreciated
Thank-you!

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 06:21 AM Reply

Just looking for a tiny bit of feedback on a new style of music I've been testing :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490798?updated=1

Chilled house music.

lol fuk u

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 11:46 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Extra Audio Requests (3)
To Misery by ZxOOxZ
Walk Through by ZxOOxZ
Champion by EXTAR48

Really, EXTAR48?!? Lol.

BBS Signature
ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 12:20 PM Reply

Hey all reviewers! Please review my audio submission:
Bamboo Beating (remake)

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature