JPRixdorfer
JPRixdorfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 09:32 AM Reply

Hey guys! More work :)

I'm still fairly new to this site. Sometimes I get a good number of reviews, usually not. This one however I would've liked to have more reviews. Seems like one of my stronger tracks, but went over pretty much unnoticed.

• E. M. F. Z.
    E. M. F. Z. by JPRixdorfer

Click to listen.

Score
    3.95 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Every review will get an answer (I don't get people who don't answer, anyway) and a hug.

Thanks yous!

PowerRangerYELLOW
PowerRangerYELLOW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 08:00 PM Reply

I would like to request a review to my recently posted pictochat animation

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:50 AM Reply

Most of these audio requests accounted for on the list are REALLY GOOD! I have most of them accounted for except for the extra's and the bulk of the flash, but I'm taking a break today for my birthday. I'm 24 now, and I'd rather not leave a drunken review for somebody's hard work...ignoring how hilarious that would be.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 11:52 AM Reply

At 11/15/11 02:25 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 11/15/11 12:37 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 08 ) 0132 | 0021 / 0052 | 040.38% || 024 | 04 / 21 | 019.05% | shrimpchris
I need to review more if I want to keep him behind me...

Don't worry, my computer and laptop both fucked up 2 weeks ago. I reinstalled windows, but I can't get the internet to worl on either one. It's been a week since I last got on and I only have about 45 minutes until I have to get off of the hotel computer I'm using. Unfortunately, I don't have my headphones either, so I can only do the art request this week. I would be reviewing way more if I still had the internet at home. You should be safe. For now...

shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 11/20/11 11:52 AM, shrimpchris wrote: Unfortunately, I don't have my headphones either, so I can only do the art request this week.

Damnit, this fucking computer won't let me access the art submission! I don't think I'm gona be able to get any reviews this week.

Hey SCTE3, do you think you can hold off the update until tomorrow so can try and get in a review or two in on another computer? If not, I understand.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 06:50 AM, Phobotech wrote: Most of these audio requests accounted for on the list are REALLY GOOD! I have most of them accounted for except for the extra's and the bulk of the flash, but I'm taking a break today for my birthday. I'm 24 now, and I'd rather not leave a drunken review for somebody's hard work...ignoring how hilarious that would be.

Happy birthday Phobotech!! Hope your birthday goes well. As for a drunken review. Would not mind reading one of them sometime. :P

At 11/20/11 11:59 AM, shrimpchris wrote:
At 11/20/11 11:52 AM, shrimpchris wrote: Unfortunately, I don't have my headphones either, so I can only do the art request this week.
Damnit, this fucking computer won't let me access the art submission! I don't think I'm gona be able to get any reviews this week.

Hey SCTE3, do you think you can hold off the update until tomorrow so can try and get in a review or two in on another computer? If not, I understand.

I don't update until late Monday night or Tuesday morning anyways so you have plenty of time shrimpchris. Hope your computer problems are solved soon.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 01:10 PM Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 02:37 PM Reply

• DubstepSomethingOrOtherWIP
    DubstepSomethingOrOtherWIP by WizMystery

Click to listen.

Score
    3.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Never tried dubstep before. This is going to be part one of a longer song.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 11:04 PM Reply

• The Crucible [Int.]
    The Crucible [Int.] by samulis

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

I would love some feedback on this piece... hopefully I'll have it further along by the time you folks get to it. :)

Thanks!

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
dj-Jo
dj-Jo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 02:53 AM Reply

• LoZ: Fi's Theme Dubstep
    LoZ: Fi's Theme Dubstep by dj-Jo

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Probably one of my best

Hope you guys enjoy all the music!

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?
Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 07:26 AM Reply

Sounds like a cool idea.

Wouldn't mind having my songs reviewed =)

• LB - Voyage in Space
    LB - Voyage in Space by LazyBucks

Click to listen.

Score
    4.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity
  • LB - Alone.
    LB - Alone. by LazyBucks

Click to listen.

Score
    4.29 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to finish my reviews till later today (if at all). I'm prolly gonna get a shit score this week >____<;;

shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 03:56 PM, XsakuX wrote: sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to finish my reviews till later today (if at all). I'm prolly gonna get a shit score this week >____<;;

It'll be okay, at least you can do reviews. I was able to install the Modem driver on my laptop, but I can't install my sound driver or Adobe flash which means I can only review art. And well... I'm sure you know how many Art submissions we have this week...

RednWhite
RednWhite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 06:48 PM Reply

hiya guys! would love your input on this :D

• Won_Magic Feather
    Won_Magic Feather by RednWhite

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:25 AM Reply

Hey SCTE3! Just wanted to let you know that I'm powering through as many reviews as I can right now...

I don't know exactly when you're planning to update, but I will do everything I can to keep that 100% rolling :]

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:42 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:25 AM, XsakuX wrote: Hey SCTE3! Just wanted to let you know that I'm powering through as many reviews as I can right now...

I don't know exactly when you're planning to update, but I will do everything I can to keep that 100% rolling :]

Oh my friggin gawd I managed to finish 100% anyways x3

Review Request Club

Marifax
Marifax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Would love to have my latest song reviewed:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 57271

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:06 AM Reply

Hope no one minds if the update comes a bit late this morning. Have 6 things left to review then I shall update the list.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:16 AM Reply

This week went over fairly well with quite a few members getting a good chunk of reviews done too. We actually had a two submissions where we got a total of 6 reviews written for them.

I get closer to 6,000 total points as XsakuX gets closer to 2,000 total points and he was also the only member to get all the reviews done as well. Me, Phobotech, Coop, and Haggard also managed to get a good amount of reviews done too. Gimmick, Knuckstrike, SkyeWintrest, and shrimpchris all did a couple of reviews which is very helpful too.

The average reviews per member this week shot up to 8.8 which is higher than last week which was 6.5 Very nice work there everyone. Enjoy the update, I hope everyone continues to have fun writing reviews.

On a sadder note. This marks the first week SuperSteph54 did no reviews and the second week HyperTrough did no reviews.

Member's Update #108
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 8344 | 1299 / 2627 | 049.45% || 069 | 11 / 22 | 050.00% | Coop
02 ) 8211 | 1273 / 2631 | 048.38% || 057 | 09 / 22 | 040.91% | Haggard
03 ) 5850 | 0903 / 0982 | 091.96% || 128 | 21 / 22 | 095.45% | SCTE3
04 ) 3219 | 0476 / 2505 | 019.00% || 000 | 00 / 21 | 000.00% | Supersteph54*
05 ) 1727 | 0271 / 0281 | 096.44% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | XsakuX
06 ) 0475 | 0070 / 0335 | 020.90% || 006 | 01 / 22 | 004.55% | SkyeWintrest
07 ) 0207 | 0034 / 0284 | 011.97% || 026 | 04 / 22 | 018.18% | Knuckstrike
08 ) 0162 | 0026 / 0043 | 060.47% || 093 | 15 / 22 | 068.18% | Phobotech
09 ) 0141 | 0022 / 0074 | 029.73% || 009 | 01 / 22 | 004.55% | shrimpchris
10 ) 0138 | 0020 / 0177 | 011.30% || 030 | 05 / 22 | 022.73% | Gimmick
11 ) 0031 | 0005 / 0123 | 004.07% || 000 | 00 / 22 | 000.00% | HyperTrough**

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive last week
**: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last three weeks

If you are inactive for more than three weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than four weeks, you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 22
Total Requests All Time: 2606
Reviews Made This Week: 88
Total Reviews All Time: 8218
Average Per Member: 8.8
Average Per Request: 4
Sigs Forgotten: 2

*New to the List:
Leaving the List:

*All Requests Completed:
XsakuX

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:23 AM Reply

15 requests for the week. Shorter list, may get them all done sooner too.

Hope you all enjoy the update!

Flash Requests (2)
I Want Your Blood! By Andrew Irvine (IceDragon64)
First Encounter By PowerRangerYELLOW

Audio Requests (13)
Stargenx - Eastern Lights By Stargenx
Chipstep By SuperBastard
{BT} Crystal Cavern By Benjamin Tibbetts (BenjaminTibbetts)
2011 diss rap By marvedabeeh
Did the bass hurt your face? By Jason Horecky (JasonHorecky)
Drink Diesel By ARES (BulimicLemur)
Furious_Battle [Box-killa] By Box-Killa
Bambi 2011 (Assios Remix) By Asbjorn (Assios)
E. M. F. Z. By JPRixdorfer
The Crucible [Int.] By samulis
LoZ: Fi's Theme Dubstep By Joseph F (dj-Jo)
LB - Voyage in Space By LazyBucks
Acheron - Marifax By Marifax

Extra Audio Requests (3)
Cold Winter Skies [Chiptune] By SuperBastard
DubstepSomethingOrOtherWIP By WizMystery
LB - Alone. By LazyBucks

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 10:16 AM, SCTE3 wrote: This week went over fairly well with quite a few members getting a good chunk of reviews done too. We actually had a two submissions where we got a total of 6 reviews written for them.

I get closer to 6,000 total points as XsakuX gets closer to 2,000 total points and he was also the only member to get all the reviews done as well. Me, Phobotech, Coop, and Haggard also managed to get a good amount of reviews done too. Gimmick, Knuckstrike, SkyeWintrest, and shrimpchris all did a couple of reviews which is very helpful too.

The average reviews per member this week shot up to 8.8 which is higher than last week which was 6.5 Very nice work there everyone. Enjoy the update, I hope everyone continues to have fun writing reviews.

On a sadder note. This marks the first week SuperSteph54 did no reviews and the second week HyperTrough did no reviews.

Member's Update #108
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
05 ) 1727 | 0271 / 0281 | 096.44% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | XsakuX

Very nice!

07 ) 0207 | 0034 / 0284 | 011.97% || 026 | 04 / 22 | 018.18% | Knuckstrike

I've got 57% of all not-audio requests done, so it's pretty nice for me.

08 ) 0162 | 0026 / 0043 | 060.47% || 093 | 15 / 22 | 068.18% | Phobotech

We have a new mass-reviewer in our midst it seems. Very nice to have another one.

09 ) 0141 | 0022 / 0074 | 029.73% || 009 | 01 / 22 | 004.55% | shrimpchris
10 ) 0138 | 0020 / 0177 | 011.30% || 030 | 05 / 22 | 022.73% | Gimmick

Most of us reviewed at least some flash. Good.

Sigs Forgotten: 2

I'll try to not forget a single sig next time...

At 11/22/11 10:23 AM, SCTE3 wrote: 15 requests for the week. Shorter list, may get them all done sooner too.

Hope you all enjoy the update!

Flash Requests (2)

It seems as if I will only be able to do 2 reviews next week...
:(

Thanks for the update.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 10:16 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Member's Update #108

Thanks for the update!

At least I got 9 reviews done, 2 less than I hoped I could do. But after doing 6 reviews yesterday evening I just didn't have any more time to do more reviews. I just should start earlier...

At 11/22/11 10:23 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Flash Requests (2)
Audio Requests (13)

No art requests this time. But since I'm bad at reviewing art that's not a bad thing. The flash requests should be no problem. I just have to pick some of the audio requests. Hopefully not all of them are dubstep or trance/dance/techno. I can never say anything about those genres.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

marvedabeeh
marvedabeeh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 11/17/11 02:51 PM, marvedabeeh wrote: what u guys think about my rap
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 56332

yo man what yall think bout this

LUK4IS
LUK4IS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:16 PM Reply

Hey could I have this reviewed?

• LUK4IS- Arrival
    LUK4IS- Arrival by LUK4IS

Click to listen.

Score
    2.98 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:59 AM Reply

Okay guys, a question: Will I get points for reviewing old stuff? Like, I didn't review some stuff just after I joined, so will I get points for doing them now?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 08:59 AM, Gimmick wrote: Okay guys, a question: Will I get points for reviewing old stuff? Like, I didn't review some stuff just after I joined, so will I get points for doing them now?

Sadly no but I think the author would still appreciate some reviews. It's what I do every once in awhile too. Since there was a couple of months I was not here last year. :P

Good question though.

shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:23 PM Reply

I'd love it if you guys could review this for my friend?

• Vadum
    Vadum by ChineseCommando

Click to listen.

Score
    3.99 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

When he posted it to Facebook and I listened to it, I wanted this in a game. I knew of TGF2 but was never motivated to download it, but I was motivated to after hearing this. I owe Chinesecommando a lot for that motivational boost and just now thought "Hey, I'll surprise him and request a few reviews for this song. " Also, in case anyone is wondering, he is a close friend in real life and we have 4 classes together. Oh yeah, and this is going to be in Shrimpy's Adventure 3, which is going really well so far.