lordedri
lordedri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-09 13:57:14 Reply

Hey,
I would like to join, but I only want to review music.

And can anyone review me at: Sentivicated

Thanks all,

~Adjeye-3

Pkmn2
Pkmn2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-09 15:56:37 Reply

I'm just here to thank Phobotech and Coop for their reviews. It actually helped me a lot. If anyone else reviews my request, then they should note that it's VERY random. Both of them can guarantee it. XD
I am more of an artist, so please take more attention to the graphical aspect of this "game".

Nintentrix. Presto Sprites! Retro Sights!

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-09 20:09:34 Reply

Can you guys please review my flash:

The reason I ask is that there's only 1 review that looks like a Youtube comment very much, and isn't constructive at all.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-09 21:41:23 Reply

I have two WIPs that I would love some critique on before moving on with them.

• The Freq - Fresh (WIP)
    The Freq - Fresh (WIP) by SpaceWhale

Click to listen.

Score
    4.09 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    House
    Popularity
  • The Freq - Untitled Dnb (wip)
    The Freq - Untitled Dnb (wip) by SpaceWhale

Click to listen.

Score
    4.79 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Keep in mind that I am really bad at responding to reviews, so I'm sorry if I do it poorly. Just know that I did fully read your review, if you do review it.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-09 21:49:10 Reply

At 11/9/11 01:57 PM, lordedri wrote: Hey,
I would like to join, but I only want to review music.

And can anyone review me at: Sentivicated

Thanks all,

~Adjeye-3

Check reviews of other members here first and work on improving your reviews first. Do at least 10 then come back. :-)

At 11/9/11 09:41 PM, SpaceWhale wrote:
Keep in mind that I am really bad at responding to reviews, so I'm sorry if I do it poorly. Just know that I did fully read your review, if you do review it.

It's alright. I enjoy responses. Gives me a warm feeling the author took time to respond to me. :3

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-10 12:29:57 Reply

This is the best track I have EVER done...

Please, leave some reviews!

• A World Away.
    A World Away. by Luke

Click to listen.

Score
    4.28 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Rinileki14
Rinileki14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-10 21:29:25 Reply

This piece in my opinion is one of my best, if not my best original piece. Please take some time and review. Thanks.

• Project Malu & Kaumaha
    Project Malu & Kaumaha by Rinileki14

Click to listen.

Score
    4.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-10 21:31:41 Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature
UltimateCJ64
UltimateCJ64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-11 07:14:13 Reply

Sup guys? This is kind of a noobish... okay, scratch that. A VERY noobish guitar song I'm working on. First real thing I've done with a guitar, since none of anything I've used before involved a real guitar, and now I'm really teaching myself. Hope you guys don't mind.

• realguitaring WIP "Good as..."
    realguitaring WIP "Good as..." by UltimateCJ64

Click to listen.

Score
    4.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical Rock
    Popularity

Deviantart Page!?
"Does the dumping grounds support MP4s? I tried to upload one and it says you can't."
"Does your brain support common sense? :\"

BBS Signature
BulimicLemur
BulimicLemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-11 23:12:19 Reply

• <<Replicants>>
    <<Replicants>> by BulimicLemur

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Just some crazy feed-me style dubstep I made.

BulimicLemur
BulimicLemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-11 23:45:02 Reply

• <<Replicants>>
    <<Replicants>> by BulimicLemur

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

That's the actual link, sorry

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 08:02:03 Reply

Sign me up for the RevReq Club. I believe I can donate some heavy-hitting feedback for requestee's.

I don't care about stats, I care about being real with them.

I was NGPD for a little bit. But here, I feel like I could actually be accomplishing something. What are the prerequisites? DO I MAKE THE CUT, COACH!?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 08:17:39 Reply

At 11/12/11 08:02 AM, Phobotech wrote: Sign me up for the RevReq Club. I believe I can donate some heavy-hitting feedback for requestee's.

I don't care about stats, I care about being real with them.

I was NGPD for a little bit. But here, I feel like I could actually be accomplishing something. What are the prerequisites? DO I MAKE THE CUT, COACH!?

You bet. I love the way you structure your reviews.

If nobody has any objections I think you'll make a fine addition to the club.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 08:23:37 Reply

Welcome Phobotech!!

BBS Signature
ochrence
ochrence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 09:29:22 Reply

Hey guys - this is perhaps the first song off of my second album. I usually get reviews for early versions of songs off of Newgrounds, to see what I should fix, but this time, although it stayed in the top three on the Trance boards for a long while (until a zerobomber did what they do best) I did not get any reviews on it.

Since this is, then, an early version of a song, I'd like to have some constructive criticism on it.
Link is http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 55567

Thank you very much.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 09:31:27 Reply

At 11/7/11 07:29 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Member's Update #106
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 8182 | 1273 / 2584 | 049.26% || 039 | 06 / 14 | 042.86% | Coop
02 ) 8130 | 1260 / 2588 | 048.69% || 021 | 03 / 14 | 021.43% | Haggard
03 ) 5683 | 0876 / 0939 | 093.29% || 094 | 14 / 14 | 100.00% | SCTE3

Well, that's the way that things go. A poor week for me, but I'm going to try and rectify it next week.

At 11/7/11 07:36 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Flash Requests (3)
Audio Requests (17)
Art Requests (2)

Okay, maybe not, then. Art and Flash should be easy enough, but the Audio is a little steep this week. 11 is the benchmark and that's 6 Audio still to do. Wow, that's some work for the Coop this weekend.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-12 16:19:54 Reply

Here's a new song I'd love some reviews on. As usual, if the workload is too much, leave it out from the list.

• Unwavering Assault
    Unwavering Assault by Supersteph54

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Thanks guys.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 00:13:55 Reply

I recently released a primitive WIP, and I'd really like some feedback on how it's sounding before I vainly put in the the major time to complete it.
Thanks a load!

• Exodus WIP
    Exodus WIP by Himynameisjacob

Click to listen.

Score
    4.46 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 15:14:25 Reply

I'm not going out quite yet, I'll get a review done often enough to stay in here, and definitely throw some attention to someone who's in the RRC who requests a review...

Done a review already, so... Not gone this week!

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Rinileki14
Rinileki14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 15:17:41 Reply

My third Ambient piece that I finished yesturday, "Project Kika Melokia" Please check it out, Thanks!

• Project Kika Melokia
    Project Kika Melokia by Rinileki14

Click to listen.

Score
    4.65 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

smasher501
smasher501
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 22:14:00 Reply

Latest dubstep song. Review =D

Stephen Walking - Strong Arm (Remix)

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 22:21:55 Reply

Glad to be a part of y'all, thanks for letting me in. I've been knocking out some Audio requests...they're so numerous! Why is reviewing these songs so much more difficult than a flash animation or game?

I'll help mix it up for you guys, I'd like some feedback on another piece of art.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/phobo tech/eyeball-tree-helix

Review Request Club

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 22:50:33 Reply

Might be another week I don't review everything. Might get a couple done in the morning then hope this week I can get them all. Been playing with FL studio and just relaxing for the week since it's one of those weeks where I felt a bit burned on reviewing is all. Sorry to everyone I wasn't able to review on the list last week. :-(

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 22:59:21 Reply

At 11/13/11 10:50 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Might be another week... then hope this week ...and just relaxing for the week since it's one of those weeks ...wasn't able to review on the list last week. :-(

Don't get weak by the end of the week's weekend week's week!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-13 23:25:40 Reply

At 11/13/11 10:59 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 11/13/11 10:50 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Might be another week... then hope this week ...and just relaxing for the week since it's one of those weeks ...wasn't able to review on the list last week. :-(
Don't get weak by the end of the week's weekend week's week!

I got some done anyways, was kind of busy with a couple of college projects last week as well, lol.

BBS Signature
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-14 00:17:15 Reply

Phobotech's a real keeper man.

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-14 04:33:45 Reply

Welcome aboard Phobotech! :D

Welp SCTE3 I managed to finish up my Art & Flash requests tonight, but I am notttt up for an all nighter... I'm definitely going to jump on that Audio list first thing in the morning though; any idea what time your planning on updating tomorrow brotha? I don't wanna miss it x__x

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-14 04:55:01 Reply

For anyone that didn't know it yet, look at me now clock day has been deleted.

Since of the five flash/art requests one is deleted and one is adult, I'm only able to review a maximum of three this week...

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-14 09:54:59 Reply

At 11/14/11 04:33 AM, XsakuX wrote: Welcome aboard Phobotech! :D

Welp SCTE3 I managed to finish up my Art & Flash requests tonight, but I am notttt up for an all nighter... I'm definitely going to jump on that Audio list first thing in the morning though; any idea what time your planning on updating tomorrow brotha? I don't wanna miss it x__x

Later tonight, going to try doing a couple of audio reviews then update it since I no longer encounter spreadsheet problems thankfully. That and I was in the audio forum a bit more often looking at the one thread asking people to try to review at least one audio entry a day (because you know.... audio and art submissions don't receive as much attention or reviews as flash content but whatever).

At 11/14/11 04:55 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: For anyone that didn't know it yet, look at me now clock day has been deleted.

I see. I was going to review it but kind of hard to review something with no storyline or anything to it.

Since of the five flash/art requests one is deleted and one is adult, I'm only able to review a maximum of three this week...

That's cool.

BBS Signature
XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-11-14 18:10:44 Reply

I'm headed over to my dad's place right now to finish the last 6 requests.

gotta make it before update time >o<