00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

783,824 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-04 22:16:01

Hi fellow RRCers!

Just poppin' a transcription I did for new year's eve, took me a while to do and I'm pretty proud of it. Here's the link:

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Samuel Hébert

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-05 02:40:05

I just made an attempt at Dubstep, just wondering what kind of feedback I could get on it, negative or positive.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-05 05:38:01

Hey guys, I would enjoy joining the audio side of this crew. I already review many songs and even have a spot on the top 10 audio reviewers list. (Cause im that much of a dork) Anyway, is there anyway I can join this club on the audio side? :)

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-05 06:17:39

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-05 06:50:25

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-05 18:34:20

hey just though id point out that there 2 art requests not showing in the list, and though im not entirely sure i think they may be mine.
no biggie if it cant be fixed could they be carried over to next week...and do you wat me to repost them?

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-06 07:27:36

At 1/5/11 06:43 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 1/5/11 06:34 PM, horsebugger wrote: hey just though id point out that there 2 art requests not showing in the list, and though im not entirely sure i think they may be mine.
no biggie if it cant be fixed could they be carried over to next week...and do you wat me to repost them?
They are yours, when I was making the list the links weren't broken, funny. I don't think people want the list remade either though. I'll just make an exception for you next week if you make 2 more art requests. When it's time to make the next list, post the two meant for this list and the other 2 you wish to be reviewed. Sorry about the list goof up though. So next you can have 4 art reviews just to be on the fair side.

cheers!
well theres only those 2 but thanks anyway, so i'll repost them later on in the week.
its no worries about the "goof up" im not desperate to have them reviewed

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-06 16:12:14

Finally got some decent bass now....Lemme know what you think. Just need to get my thoughts organized and make a consistent track lol.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-06 21:01:53

Looking for a review on this:

It's not finished yet, and I've been adding to it since tuesday. I'm looking for a criticism on the themes and chord progressions along with layering advice. The progression of the "energy" of the piece should be inferred, I added in drums to sort of hint where it will be going. It's split up into 2 contrasting sections so a sudden change is meant to occur around 2:00, however the method of sudden change is open to critique.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-07 01:37:23

At 1/4/11 03:18 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I've finally got that update done. Unfortunately it's not such a good week this time, I'm afraid.

Well, it has been a pretty busy week with Christmas and New Year.

Member's Update #67
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7225 | 1128 / 1803 | 062.56% || 039 | 06 / 20 | 030.00% | Coop
02 ) 7042 | 1098 / 1806 | 060.80% || 006 | 01 / 20 | 005.00% | Haggard

Only one review. Lousy. :(

At 1/4/11 07:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Flash Requests (1)
Audio Requests (13)
Art Requests (4)

Not too big of a list this time (also, only 1 extra audio request! Wow...). Maybe I can find the motivation to finish them all on the week end? :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-07 02:15:35

Hello, Review Request Club. I haven't requested any reviews in here for a while, but remember how helpful it has been in the past.

I am looking for critique on this picture I created:

Pushing Onwards.

I would like critique on the drawing technique, colouring, shading, composition, etc.

But most importantly, I would like critique on the design of the character represented within the picture. Is the character memorable? Interesting? Would you want to see more of this character? What do you think the design says about the character itself? That sort of thing.

I ask because I am currently designing characters for use in a comic I'm planning on creating, and would love the input of the members of this club.

To give you guys some more ease in assessing the design of the character, here's a much simpler drawing of it, with only the essential elements of the character present.

Link.

Also if anybody could suggest a name for the character, I would be grateful.

My thanks, in advance.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-07 23:41:28

Hello!
Could you review this one?
I made something kinda different this time.
The Ozzman VS The Batman

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-08 02:03:31

hello beutiful reviewers. can you please review my flash that i didn't get much feedback on my best and last flash. thanks in advance.
from the kdogg

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-08 03:05:11

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-09 09:04:04

Can I request some reviews on this? Thanks in advance!

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-09 12:06:14

my 2 art requests again

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/horse bugger/the-demons-face

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/horse bugger/a-fine-light

and you said i could have an extra 2, but hope you dont mid if i swap those 2 art requests for 1 audio request.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-09 15:54:49

At 1/9/11 02:38 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 1/7/11 10:03 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote:
At 1/7/11 06:53 PM, tyler2513 wrote: How many points to I have? I posted so many RRC reviews.
Sorry to tell you this, but you can only get points for Flash, Audio, and Art that's posted in the most recent roundup.
Fuck this I'm outta here

Come on, the rules of this club aren't overly complicated... but if you don't want to understand them... good riddance, I guess. :/

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-09 18:04:45

Well, I didn't get all the reviews done, but I did the flash and both the art reviews plus I managed to do 7 audio reviews. I doubt that I can get the remaining 6 done before the next update, but ah well. It's still the best I did in quite some time. ^^

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 05:35:01

At 1/9/11 07:19 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 1/9/11 06:04 PM, Haggard wrote: Well, I didn't get all the reviews done, but I did the flash and both the art reviews plus I managed to do 7 audio reviews. I doubt that I can get the remaining 6 done before the next update, but ah well. It's still the best I did in quite some time. ^^
You might have time to do a few more actually. The update is almost always on Monday night to Tuesday. You already knew that though. If you can't do any more then it is ok.

Yes I know that. But I won't be home before 5pm today, and when I get home I'm usually not in a good reviewing mood. ;)

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 14:08:12

Hey guys, I just finished a song in a genre that is kinda new to me, and I would really appreciate it if one of you could give me some input on it!

Thanks in advance!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 14:21:00

At 1/10/11 12:11 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 1/10/11 05:35 AM, Haggard wrote:
Yes I know that. But I won't be home before 5pm today, and when I get home I'm usually not in a good reviewing mood. ;)
I can relate, since some times when I get home from school I'm to pissed off to want to do anything. Also no school today or tomorrow for me since it keeps snowing and it's starting to annoy me since I want to get my EOCs done so I can start my second semester of classes.

Yeah I figure some weeks I'm a reviewing machine and then sometimes I don't feel like doing any at all! Also because I'm quite picky with how I do my reviews, I have a system and everything. It makes things that much harder. But I enjoy it :3

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 17:36:12

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 22:04:08

I'm requesting reviews for this. As of right now, it has no reviews and I can't see the situation getting much better for it, so I'd like some solid constructive criticism. Ignore the awkward placement of the name there. That's only there because the picture's original purpose was for a collab.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-10 23:58:27

At 1/10/11 11:09 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Wow do I feel bad now because I reviewed that today and then I saw you roaming C&C. I feel dumb. Oh well. I guess one missed RRC sig won't hurt

I'm sure they'll make an exception for you, won't they, guys?

Guys?

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 01:29:51

I'm afraid I feel really sick right now and according to the doctor I'll more than likely be sick for the rest of the week so I won't be able to update. Maybe next week I'll do the update for two weeks (two requests lists) instead of one.

Very sorry :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 01:38:04

I'm really sorry but I won't be able to do the update until next week since I feel really sick right now. Next week I'll do an update for two requests lists.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 01:41:39

Oh that's weird. I thought the first one didn't post. Sorry for that, I'm posting on my mobile right now and it's pretty glitchy.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 04:25:30

At 1/11/11 01:41 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Oh that's weird. I thought the first one didn't post. Sorry for that, I'm posting on my mobile right now and it's pretty glitchy.

Lol, triple post. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Get well soon!

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 10:43:52

This may be my last one for a bit... Depends on how long I can hold myself off from my music addiction.

Old school style nerdcore.
Check it!

Response to Review Request Club 2011-01-11 14:44:47

Just made this, want to know if i should continue in the same direction i was going in. Not sure where that may be. But yeah, if you can give me an honest review. It's an extremely raw WIP, so don't take quality into account. some timing issues as well, just wanted to get the sound out there.