00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mae6NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

779,325 Views | 8,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 01:05:20

this is a first draft, i need outside feedback on it so i can improve it, thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 04:18:20

Hello again dear reviewers! :> It's been a while since my last audio submission. Part of it is becouse I've been busy transferring to Cubase from FL Studio, and part becouse I've been busy with other, less important stuff. ;)

I recently got a "complaint" saying that I don't make Classically inspired music any more. I realized the truth behind it, and I started working on the piece I'm going to post here.

This piece is an orchestration of one of my old melodies, which you in fact can find here on NG. I find that this version is alot better, becouse the older project is simply a piano score.

I hope you'll find time to listen to this track of mine, and I hope you'll all enjoy it! Thank you! :D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 10:15:54

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 14:34:50

Yeah!! Bought a headset!! Now I can listen to music w/out bothering EVERYONE!!

Also, I finally got what "Sonofkirk" means

Son is Sound in French + "of Kirk"

Kirk Hammett, Metallica's lead guitarist...

I'm awesome.

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 19:40:02

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-09 21:46:05

Hey guys! We appreciate the quality reviews for our last song!
We've got a new one for you!
It's called "Succubus"

Please and thanks you!

rhbrwgrwgwrgwb

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-10 01:38:03

Would be great to get some reviews going on Mine and Glitchs newest song.

All reviews will be returned :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-10 01:50:14

hey wanted to say thanks to the guys who reviewed my first request submission. i was glad you guys enjoyed it. I have another request if that is ok.

i9incher - insanity

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-10 08:29:07

At 12/9/10 07:40 PM, Izzy-A wrote: We'd like some helpful comments for this game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5794

Particularly how to improve the control system so getting those medals is a bit more..pleasant...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-10 12:44:56

Hey yall, could you review these two songs?

TranceJump (Metal Guitar Dub)

Prepare 2 Launch

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-11 06:11:26

Hey guys

I would like to join yo crew. I used to be in it on a different name (spartacusxerox) but have lost access to that name. If or if not, i would still love you to excellently review this submission (thx):

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-11 20:00:43

Have more 7 revs to go, 2 flash, 1 art and 4 audio...

Shit, I'm fucking tired! I reviewed 30 requests when the RRC was flooded of requests... Now, it seems I'm dying just to do 23 revs. :\

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-11 20:27:47

Thanks so much to the RRC, it's nice to see really good quality reviews, also here are some I want you guys to review:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hacse v/ikebana-corner-of-ikebana
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hacse v/ikebana-palm
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hacse v/ikebana-coast

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-11 21:39:11

At 12/11/10 08:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Take a break between doing reviews if you get tired out after a few then come back and do some more, another key note is that you never ever have to do all the reviews but if you do then get 7 bonus points and that's it.

Always do that, I need to take some breaks sometimes, it's true... Thanks for the help SCTE3!!

I'll try to finish all the audio today, it's 0:40 AM, but I still can manage some 3 or 4 revs. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-11 23:45:14

I'm havin a hard time getting through these this time too, lol.

So busy recently. I'll probably still make it, but it's gonna be close...

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 01:09:48

I would appreciate any of your time and opinions :). thank you for providing quality reviews.

here is my latest production

Moonlight Goddess - BK

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 03:57:35

If someone could review that piece for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. ^__^
It's something new I worked up with an ethnic feel to it.

[TSR Audio]

Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page! ^__^

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 08:24:52

Don't worry everyone, take your time with the reviews. I'll probably be doing the update tomorrow since right now I'm at an obligatory school live-in (I'm writing this on my mobile since I found out the school's WLAN password).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 08:30:12

At 12/11/10 10:27 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 12/11/10 09:39 PM, RogerBK wrote:
Always do that, I need to take some breaks sometimes, it's true... Thanks for the help SCTE3!!
You are welcome.
I'll try to finish all the audio today, it's 0:40 AM, but I still can manage some 3 or 4 revs. :)
You mean 8:40?

No, I meant 0:40 AM, keep in mind I live in Brazil :)

Also, Steph, you bad boy. >:)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 08:33:34

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 12:21:05

At 12/12/10 11:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
(I'm writing this on my mobile since I found out the school's WLAN password).

lol, I remember when me and my friend discovered my school's WLAN password in his Nintendo DS... It was a1b2c3d4e5... Never forget. And you should know in what site 2 13 yo boys entered... hehe >:)

Why are you having to stay at school for the night anyways?\

Thank God I'm already at vacations!! My classes ended 9 days ago... Awesome. I can't hear the word "school" anymore... I get mad. lol

Also had no idea RogerBK was in Brazil, pretty good english though.

Most of the English I know I learned here in NG. And you can see a lot of typos I leave here and there. I think I've already made one in this post... :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 12:48:07

At 12/12/10 11:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Why are you having to stay at school for the night anyways?

It was actually for three days/two nights... to learn Physics, but don't get me wrong. Our Physics teacher is ridiculously good at teaching and he's very dedicated to his work (he slept at school with us too, and not only taught us Physics but organised activities such as football leagues, walks, observation sessions with a telescope, regular breaks, etc...). Also, the subject we were learning was the Universe, which is really interesting, so the lessons were awesome.

Still, unfortunately other than the lessons I really didn't enjoy the live-in at all. I'm a massive introvert and being forced to stay around my classmates socializing and learning together... I couldn't stand it, and being the only introvert in my whole class, I felt very out-of-place.

Oh well, I digress. I'm back now, and MAN do I have work to do :(.

At 12/12/10 12:21 PM, RogerBK wrote: lol, I remember when me and my friend discovered my school's WLAN password in his Nintendo DS... It was a1b2c3d4e5... Never forget. And you should know in what site 2 13 yo boys entered... hehe >:)

If it begins with an 'n' and ends with an 'ewgrounds', then yes, I do know :D.

Password in this case was benedict2010. My school's very religious.

Thank God I'm already at vacations!! My classes ended 9 days ago... Awesome. I can't hear the word "school" anymore... I get mad. lol

Oh yeah, it's summer right now for you guys isn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 15:01:06

At 12/12/10 12:48 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 12/12/10 11:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Why are you having to stay at school for the night anyways?
... so the lessons were awesome.

It should be AWESOME to do that, seriously, I only passed 1 night at my school, it was supposed to us sleep there, but my friends took the Playstation 2 and I brought my Wii, we played all night long. Also, we did a pillowfight, but with sleepbags and matresses... Aww, that did hurt.

Still, unfortunately other than the lessons I really didn't enjoy the live-in at all. I'm a massive introvert and being forced to stay around my classmates socializing and learning together... I couldn't stand it, and being the only introvert in my whole class, I felt very out-of-place.

I'm a massive introvert too, but I usualy socialize easily w/ cool people who like to talk... My best friend is a girl, I can't talk to girls sooo easily, but she's different, I don't feel nervous talking to her... :D

At 12/12/10 12:21 PM, RogerBK wrote: lol, I remember when me and my friend discovered my school's WLAN password in his Nintendo DS... It was a1b2c3d4e5... Never forget. And you should know in what site 2 13 yo boys entered... hehe >:)
If it begins with an 'n' and ends with an 'ewgrounds', then yes, I do know :D.

You read my mind.

Password in this case was benedict2010. My school's very religious.

lol... a1b2c3d4e5 is easier.

Oh yeah, it's summer right now for you guys isn't it?

Yup!!! Thank God I don't need to go to school one more week to recuperate my grades.

Also, finished all those requests.

SCTE3, I think it's valid for the next week, since those requests will be added next week. (this week to be exact.) It's Sunday

Wow, long posts FTW!! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 15:40:13

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 16:00:30

At 12/12/10 08:24 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Don't worry everyone, take your time with the reviews. I'll probably be doing the update tomorrow

Oh man, I haven't done a single review yet. Diablo II, my cold and some appointments at the dentist's kept me from reviewing. I propably won't get any done tomorrow as well, since I have to go to the university again, plus Mondays I have to go to work as well. :/

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-12 17:22:13

At 12/7/10 09:35 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #63
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7102 | 1109 / 1709 | 064.89% || 015 | 02 / 14 | 014.29% | Coop
02 ) 6997 | 1092 / 1712 | 063.79% || 039 | 06 / 14 | 042.86% | Haggard

That was a bad week - I'd better get cracking. 1 down, many more to go :S

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 02:40:48

At 12/12/10 06:56 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Could just do 1 before you have to go to the university, then you could say you at least did some review for the week.

That's just what I did. :)
Almost forgot that my gf works early shift this week, so I have some spare time before I have to go to uni. :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 06:19:19

got 10 reviews done, forgot to put rrc on all but 2 of them, so i guess that 55 points

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 07:51:51

At 12/12/10 12:48 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: It was actually for three days/two nights... to learn Physics, but don't get me wrong. Our Physics teacher is ridiculously good at teaching and he's very dedicated to his work (he slept at school with us too, and not only taught us Physics but organised activities such as football leagues, walks, observation sessions with a telescope, regular breaks, etc...). Also, the subject we were learning was the Universe, which is really interesting, so the lessons were awesome.

Your teacher slept with you guys at school? Sounds pretty and twisted...lol, I know what you mean though ;) Learning about the universe is super interesting, it's always been one of my interests. Stephen Hawking has a good series about theoretical physics if you want to learn more. I always found things like black holes to be fascinating, and apparently there's one at the center of most galaxies.

I know that feeling, that's why I never liked stuff like live-ins. I'd avoid things like that at all costs. I mean I don't mind hanging out with people on the occasion, but when it's time to go to sleep I just wanna sleep in my own bed, ya know?

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 08:38:08

At 12/12/10 06:56 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 12/12/10 05:22 PM, Coop wrote: That was a bad week - I'd better get cracking. 1 down, many more to go :S
Meh, you don't have to get them all done really, you seem to be going right along steadily which is always good anyways, also haven't said hi to you in a long time Coop so hi!!

Oh, I know what you mean, but I like to at least get the Flash and Art reviews done week-to-week. We'll see if I can get onto the Audios this time around as well :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature