00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

782,994 Views | 8,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 07:35:04

I'll do my best to keep this club at the best level and maintain it as long as I can.

Important note: Since the Art and Literature portals will be launched soon, the club will be expanded to art and lit requests. As you should know, the Art portal is technically on, but request from this portal will be enabled when it's fully available. The same goes for the lit portal but the launch shouldn't occur that soon.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 08:00:39

At 11/27/10 07:35 AM, chlstel wrote: I'll do my best to keep this club at the best level and maintain it as long as I can.

Maintain it...? Do you have any affiliation with this club at all?

Important note: Since the Art and Literature portals will be launched soon, the club will be expanded to art and lit requests. As you should know, the Art portal is technically on, but request from this portal will be enabled when it's fully available. The same goes for the lit portal but the launch shouldn't occur that soon.

But...the requests for the Art portal...are being taken....?

And where did you get information about a literature portal?

Review Request Club

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 08:02:39

At 6/18/09 06:10 AM, Sonofkirk wrote: I'll do my best to keep this club at the best level and maintain it as long as I can.

Oh nevermind....

You posted what Sonofkirk said on the first page of the thread....but why?

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 09:48:19

At 11/19/10 10:11 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 11/19/10 06:14 AM, horsebugger wrote: hello, can i become a reviewer please?
While your audio reviews may need a bit of work, your flash reviews are fine, although I suggest organising them a bit more. Sometimes you have a whole block of text, and really long sentences. Organising your reviews more and making them a bit easy on the eyes will definitely help :).

Start reviewing from the latest requests list and once you've done enough reviews, post the points you gained at the end of this week (points system can be found in the first post of the thread) before I do the member's update. Then you'll be added to the club. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

hey, sorry completely forgot about this, if i start doin some reviews from latest request back, and i'll post the scores, say next weeked?

cheers for the pointers aswell dude.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 10:04:24

At 11/27/10 09:48 AM, horsebugger wrote: hey, sorry completely forgot about this, if i start doin some reviews from latest request back, and i'll post the scores, say next weeked?

cheers for the pointers aswell dude.

I'd suggest waiting for the next requests list, which will be posted tomorrow or Monday, and then reviewing from that requests list and posting the points next weekend, since the last requests list counts for the update I'll be doing tomorrow or Monday.

If that makes any sense.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 10:19:25

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 16:59:43

thanks for the review seeD.

Anyways.

Have another one for you..

It's chip tune cornet/trumpet techno mix. It was a collab between sg-06 and me.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 17:56:49

At 11/27/10 04:59 PM, AccountableMasses wrote: thanks for the review seeD.

Anyways.

Have another one for you..
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 79160
It's chip tune cornet/trumpet techno mix. It was a collab between sg-06 and me.

I'm pretty sure you've reached your audio review request limit per month.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-27 20:16:19

I'm going back and reviewing some of the older request, although I probably shouldn't be right now as I'm staying awake on two hours of sleep, and honestly I think it's effecting my review quality a bit.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 04:03:34

At 11/27/10 11:54 AM, Rory wrote:
serious face

*Serious face*

My stepdad was off work, and thus I had no computer acess, It's extremely complicated, if you want, I can pm you the 8 years of shit leading up to this point.

Well that certainly sounds like a catastrophe.

As for my reviews, funny? Is there something funny about me? Funny like a clown? Funny ha ha? Do I amuse you?

I can't seem to pinpoint why really, but yes, they do amuse me, lol.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 06:40:29

Just a quick thought, steph...

I was thinking about that flash game that wasn't on the list because it had over 50 reviews a couple weeks ago...and then I was thinking it most likely had over 50 reviews because it kicked ass. I was wondering how often something is requested with over 50 reviews and rejected. Personally, I wouldn't mind reviewing popular material every once in a while, or bringing big name audio and flash artists to the thread.

Basically, I was wondering why that rule was implemented, and furthermore, maybe if those submissions could still be added to the list, only under the heading of: 50+ Submissions.

Mainly my thoughts were that these were usually Flash submissions, and not audio, so if anything it would bring in more flash content, which could in turn motivate more members to review/join. Of course, I could be wrong, but I figured I'd at least share my thoughts...

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 09:54:14

Update will probably be today, since I managed to find a few minutes of free time.

At 11/28/10 06:40 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Just a quick thought, steph...

I was thinking about that flash game that wasn't on the list because it had over 50 reviews a couple weeks ago...and then I was thinking it most likely had over 50 reviews because it kicked ass. I was wondering how often something is requested with over 50 reviews and rejected. Personally, I wouldn't mind reviewing popular material every once in a while, or bringing big name audio and flash artists to the thread.

Basically, I was wondering why that rule was implemented, and furthermore, maybe if those submissions could still be added to the list, only under the heading of: 50+ Submissions.

Mainly my thoughts were that these were usually Flash submissions, and not audio, so if anything it would bring in more flash content, which could in turn motivate more members to review/join. Of course, I could be wrong, but I figured I'd at least share my thoughts...

It was implemented because the main purpose of the club is to increase the exposure/reviews of artists, and if someone has over 50 reviews, then there's no doubt that s/he already has enough exposure, and enough reviews.

Maybe we can make it that only audio is not allowed to be requested if it has 50+ reviews and not flash/art requests.

How about we vote?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 10:01:48

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 13:53:55

I will join!, Is because i like submitting reviews!, Please join me in!

[Newgrounds Addict] [Internet Addict] [YouTube Addict] [King Of IM Messenger] [IM Messenger Addict] Sig by Coleco

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-28 16:25:54

At 11/28/10 12:08 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: The issue here is a murky one. How do we define "enough" exposure? Is there a point at which art (which refers to movies, games, art and audio here) has been appreciated enough? I really don't think there should be a cutoff point. That said, the exclusionary policy helps us to keep a reasonable amount of requests.

Exactly my thoughts Rabid, but how many extra reviews do you think we would really get? Are authors with that many reviews even going to go searching for a club for reviews?

Also, how may audio requests have we gotten with more than 50 reviews already? That seems like a rare feat, and I don't think it would be worth it to put it in the club rules.

My thoughts as well. I haven't even seen anyone attempt to request an audio submission with over 50, so I was thinking....that it would balance out the list a bit maybe. Although I doubt much would change...I don't see swarms of people with over 50 reviews coming out of the woodwork, but idk..

I vote no for now, but debate should remain open and other solutions proposed. A separated review crew for audio would be out of the question, right?

Haha, I suppose that would have been ideal. I don't think the setup we have now is bad at all really, and I don't mind if the rules are changed or not. I was just thinking that maybe if we allow that rule that the list would have more flash content and maybe we could get more done as a whole, because I know that most of you don't complete all the requests, and I was thinking it would enable you guys to have more flash to review.

If the audio is really that overwhelming I suppose it could be cut down to 2 instead of 3 for the month...but I guess that's a whole 'nother discussion xD

At 11/28/10 09:54 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: It was implemented because the main purpose of the club is to increase the exposure/reviews of artists, and if someone has over 50 reviews, then there's no doubt that s/he already has enough exposure, and enough reviews.

Fair enough.

Maybe we can make it that only audio is not allowed to be requested if it has 50+ reviews and not flash/art requests.

That might help the looks of the lists at least.

How about we vote?

I'm open to the discussion at least...curious what others think about it.

At 11/28/10 07:04 AM, Rory wrote: To be honest, i get the felling you'd be the only one who'd review them, and surely if you got 50+ reviews, you don't need more?

It's not really about me and my reviews, I was thinking more or less it would bring in more flash for other members who enjoy reviewing flash and don't wanna touch the audio.

Somehow I doubt it, It would just increase our workload, It's a nice idea, but I really don't see it working.

Well my thoughts were that it would just barely increase the workload. How many submissions have you seen come in with 50+ reviews? I've only seen one...

At 11/28/10 01:53 PM, NewgroundsLock wrote: I will join!, Is because i like submitting reviews!, Please join me in!

Woah there, sonny. Before you jump the gun and write a one liner with RRC in it....you already did that didn't you? xD Take a gander at the rules towards the top of this page. You can find some guides on writing better reviews. Your reviews need a bit of improvement first.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 13:39:25

Sorry for not updating yesterday. Did some audio-modding and made a song for my dad's birthday and I completely forgot about this :(.

That being said, what a difference from last week. 14 requests this time round. Anyone daring for a 100%?

Update comes soon.

--

Flash Requests (1)
Solo Pong By FireWOLF109

Audio Requests (10)
Glitch-Nerd Like Me By glitchs2d
.:Right off the top:. By Samuel Hebert (camoshark)
Endevour By Cimba
EAR RAPE(dubstep demo) By matt (superuberinsaneausm)
Raider Cave (Epilogue) By John Rawman (F4LL0UT)
Forsaken by Angels By Tony La Forge (LaForge)
For Ryan By Baal berith (EpicFail)
Scrap X Village By DXsamurai
Revolve / Resolve - Full Orch. By TheUprising1
Thank Our God Cornet/Trumpet By AccountableMasses

Art Requests (3)
A Duck! By Ray Monster (MasterMerol)
Gay adventures at youtube By PowerRangerYELLOW
Nuclear Holocaust By 1DRock13

Extra Audio Requests (5)
Epilogue Title By John Rawman (F4LL0UT)
Rise of the Vampire Lord By John Rawman (F4LL0UT)
House of Rising Sax Sample By AccountableMasses
CloudScope (drx) By DavidRx
Þú ert það sem þú gerir (DEMO) By TheUprising1

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 13:43:09

By the way, forgot to mention that I accidentally left out a request, 'For Ryan' by EpicFail, in the last requests list, so I added it in this week's request list..

And I also forgot to do this:

--

People who have exhausted their 3 audio requests a month are:
F4LL0UT

Please wait until next month before requesting again :).

--

Sorry for that. I'm rushing since I have some work to do...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 15:40:02

Guh, sorry for taking so long. I upgraded the spreadsheets a bit more and now it automatically adds links to each member's name. Thank god for the concatenate function.

Right then, quick comments... a very nice week, despite the massive list. As usual, SeeD saves the list, because if it wasn't for him there'd be a few requests without a review, but Rabid-Animals and Domo did a lot too, with Rory, Coop and Haggard helping out too. Haggard is getting to that 7k total points milestone, and I'm slowly reaching 3000.

Domo rejoined as well, although LogicalDefiance was excluded due to three weeks of inactivity.

One little thing: I already said this before, but I'll say it again. If you don't plan on doing all of the requests, then try and avoid doing the first few, say, Audio Requests, and then stopping. Do random Audio Requests from the list, since I noticed that the Audio Requests at the top of the list got loads more reviews than the ones at the bottom.

And another thing, directed to Jolly and tyler2513: I noticed that you did a few reviews, but try and remember to post your points at the end of the week if you want to be part of the club, which is why I haven't added you yet.

Anyway, enjoy the update!

--

Member's Update #62
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7087 | 1107 / 1695 | 065.31% || 021 | 03 / 28 | 010.71% | Coop
02 ) 6958 | 1086 / 1698 | 063.96% || 033 | 05 / 29 | 017.24% | Haggard
03 ) 2822 | 0433 / 1576 | 027.47% || 009 | 01 / 29 | 003.45% | Supersteph54
04 ) 1957 | 0314 / 0751 | 041.81% || 000 | 00 / 29 | 000.00% | sixflab **
05 ) 1123 | 0207 / 0207 | 100.00% || 173 | 29 / 29 | 100.00% | SeeD419
06 ) 0909 | 0134 / 1287 | 010.41% || 000 | 00 / 29 | 000.00% | Celx-Requin *
07 ) 0236 | 0038 / 0112 | 033.93% || 023 | 04 / 29 | 013.79% | Rory
08 ) 0143 | 0024 / 0049 | 048.98% || 079 | 13 / 29 | 044.83% | Rabid-Animals
09 ) 0081 | 0013 / 0029 | 044.83% || 081 | 13 / 29 | 044.83% | Domo NEW!
10 ) 0030 | 0004 / 0049 | 008.16% || 003 | 00 / 29 | 000.00% | SCTE3 *
11 ) 0026 | 0004 / 0048 | 008.33% || 000 | 00 / 28 | 000.00% | Joshsouza *

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive last week
**: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last three weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last four weeks

If you are inactive for more than three weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than four weeks, you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 29
Total Requests All Time: 1719
Reviews Made This Week: 68
Total Reviews All Time: 5698
Average Per Member: 6.18
Average Per Request: 2.34
Sigs Forgotten: 17

*New to the List: Domo
Leaving the List: LogicalDefiance

*All Requests Completed:
SeeD419

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 16:45:15

At 11/29/10 01:39 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Flash Requests (1)
Audio Requests (10)
Art Requests (3)

Oh, a nice and short list. What a relief.

At 11/29/10 03:40 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #62

Thanks for the update!

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]

Well, 5 requests done is a start. I try to do at least 5 request this time as well, hopefully I can do a few more.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 21:34:04

I'd like to know what you guys think of this. Does anything seem out of place? And if so what are your suggestions?

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-29 22:48:13

Hi RRC!

Did this one as a starter for a project I'm making. It'll be really long (8-9+), so I'll post it in segments.

Here's the link:

Hope you guys enjoy, and happy reviewing!

Cheers,
Samuel Hébert

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-30 15:26:57

At 11/29/10 03:40 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #62

Thanks for the update, Steph. A poor week, by my standards, hampered by socialising and various other events. I'd better make it up, starting with last week's Art Reviews...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-30 22:07:03

was wondering if maybe i could get a review on my audio piece...?

please and thank you.

i9incher - liquid buzz

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-11-30 23:19:21

Hey guys, could you review my WIP?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 80000

Thanks.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-02 05:22:05

Hey guys!

Would like to have u guys to review my latest submission! :D
It's a rotoscope, which literally means tracing frame by frame!

This should be something new here in NG. :)
Rotoscope Compilation!

thanks in advance

Click HERE to go to my DeviantART

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-02 05:30:20

At 11/29/10 06:28 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: I bet I can do this. I wonder if SeeD's going to make it. /sarcasm

Idk man, might night be able to this week, pretty busy actually..

Oh wait...I'm already done.....how'd that happen? :D

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-02 10:10:37

At 12/2/10 05:30 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 11/29/10 06:28 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: I bet I can do this. I wonder if SeeD's going to make it. /sarcasm
Idk man, might night be able to this week, pretty busy actually..

Oh wait...I'm already done.....how'd that happen? :D

A few months ago I used to be on the ball like that. Time just flies by too quickly for me to stay ahead these days. I'll be doing some reviews this week so I don't slip off the list.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-02 13:37:57

This is a recording of my girlfriend singing.. she needs some critical feedback,

I'll reply to reviews and review reviewer's music..

:D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-02 14:32:02

Hey Steph!! Since my classes are over tomorrow and I have only Arts and English tests (piece of cake) I wanna join, to see if I'll get back to my review routine like I did before entering the Barracks...

So, may I join?? :)

Also, if you guys accept me, I wanna join in next week list, so, I'll have time to write all those requests.

So, do ya guys still like me??

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature