00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

784,235 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-13 03:49:49

I would very much like this story, written for gumOnShoe's Newgrounds Anthology, to be reviewed.

link

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-13 16:41:22

have 2 say that this RRC is 5 stars :D
love ure reviews...they go deep and explain both the good and bad side on the track... keep up the good work :3

and i wanted 2 ask if u cud review this new track.... :D thx

<3

Listen 2 my tracks :D

here

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-13 17:11:06

At 9/13/10 03:49 AM, ryanson209 wrote: I would very much like this story, written for gumOnShoe's Newgrounds Anthology, to be reviewed.

link

Sorry man but we don't do literature reviews here, or at least not until the literature portal comes out.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-14 01:35:18

Hey guys, can you check out my demo?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 62443

Thanks.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-14 06:03:48

hey just wonderin if you guys could mabey give me a review for this, just up loaded it.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-14 06:24:24

I would like to request a review for an audio submission of mine:

PERC

Thanks!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-14 16:48:19

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-14 16:52:14

*Please forgive me, I didn't copy all the text, sorry, it is my first update posting =("

CONTINUING FROM THE POST ABOVE....

You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-15 14:30:18

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-15 15:24:45

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-15 16:35:10

I deleted my last submission, so the last link wont work. It was the demo version of this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 62711

Review it please?

Thanks.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-16 08:21:29

I need a revision for this

It is one of my latest work in the art portal.

Art and Audio

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-16 13:34:33

Id like to request this so i can get some more analysis. Tks!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-16 13:50:55

Just got my new track up, wouldn't mind some input.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-16 16:15:02

Hello RR Club!
Please check out my track i just finished:

Best regards,
Minor Light

Newgrounds is a decent place :D

Check my songs...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-18 08:52:35

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-18 18:11:03

I would like you guys review this art piece, please:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/spyso ciety/tridimensional-theatre

SpyS.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 15:25:20

I'd like to join. I'd mainly do reviews of toons and games. My old reviews are mainly from when I was 12 or so. The last review I did, I think, was two years ago. But I'm ready to get started again.

I create music from time to time, you should check it out. Or not. No pressure.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 15:55:48

Requests list for the week. Not such a good requests list, with 3 less Flash Requests than last time and 3 more Extra Audio Requests.

It was turning out to be a good week at first, but the last page (this one) had loads of audio requests, rocketing the list of Audio Requests to 18, from 9, and 4 more Extra Audio Requests too. It's a tough week, but at least there are 5 less Audio Requests and 4 more Art Requests, so that makes up for it.

On an unrelated note, there are a few people who exhausted their audio requests for the month, and so I had to leave out some of stanthedog's and cheesemonkeybill's requests.

Good luck on this requests list. Update will come shortly!

Flash Requests (3)
Madness Inflammation By vogxhamraks
Off For A Run By Mark Gayberdour (2good2b4goten)
Spray-painted Space By Mark Gayberdour (2good2b4goten)

Audio Requests (20)
Midnight, Call By Sawdust
[Assios] - Ignition By Asbjorn (Assios)
Bundy's Magical Adventure By Kieran (KieranNG)
<EagleGuard> The Journey By Arend van Stenis (EagleGuard)
Unforsaken By Tony La Forge (LaForge)
~Flying Higher~ By XeroBlaze
CloudScope (drx) By David (DavidRx)
Montagu 1.0 By WeHaveFreshCookies
scourge By horsebugger
PERC By Claude-FI
The Noise Sound By DXsamurai
Carry around fate - TTC CHG By Calamaistr
Dig This! (Speedcore Mix) By Tristen Grafton (Dj-GST)
cmb - bashful armchairz By Nipples McRubbington III (cheesemonkeybill)
D17 - Minutes to Midnight By Erik Scerri (Darklight17)
Fucked Up Mind By Baal berith (EpicFail)
[:Steel Duplicate:] By MinorLight (julius33)
Crazy Blue Bounce By Elsid
BAZ - Trippy Lemonade Dub By Travis Bazanele (BAZmotherfucker)
.:Duh?:. By Samuel Hebert (camoshark)

Art Requests (5)
Gangster Monkey Bros. By Jacco
Beavaticous Saurus By Jet (up-a-notch)
Fulpasaur By Jet (up-a-notch)
On the other side By mindmaster123
Tridimensional Theatre By Spysociety

Extra Audio Requests (7)
Montague v1.2 By WeHaveFreshCookies
The ultimate roamer - TTC CHG By Calamaistr
cmb - bmf.2187 (rave meltdown) By Nipples McRubbington III (cheesemonkeybill)
Poltergeists N Such By Kieran (KieranNG)
Ping Gitung By Elsid
Random Exercise In Complexity By Travis Bazanele (BAZmotherfucker)
Ghouls Chasing Ghosts By stanthedog

People who have exhausted their 3 audio requests a month are:
stanthedog
BAZmotherfucker
WeHaveFreshCookies
cheesemonkeybill

Please wait until next month before requesting again :).

At 9/19/10 03:25 PM, megamagition wrote: I'd like to join. I'd mainly do reviews of toons and games. My old reviews are mainly from when I was 12 or so. The last review I did, I think, was two years ago. But I'm ready to get started again.

You have some pretty decent reviews, such as your one audio review and some of your flash reviews. The review you did on Thing-Thing Arena 3 was very good too. That being said, some of your other reviews are only around 2 lines, which isn't enough for the club.

I'd say that you can join, but when you review for the club, try and go into more detail. You can see the reviews of some of the members as examples.

Anyway, start by reviewing as many of the flash, audio and art requests as you want, from the requests list above, and then post the points you gained this week sometime before the next update, which should be on Sunday/Monday. Then, you'll be added to the club, and you won't need to keep track of your points anymore since from then on that would be my job :).

Have fun reviewing!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 15:59:29

Hi! I've never addressed to you. Found this club just now.
so decided to leave the link to my latest flash. It just must be reviewed :)

A Super Bark will kill You!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 17:51:48

I'm not going to lie, this has been one of the worst weeks of the RRC. We've only done 34 reviews this week, which is 2 more than the amount of requests. 14 requests weren't reviewed, the overall stats are low, we lost a member, the requests list is quite big and two formerly active reviewers, Soapbubble and Animith are close to the four weeks of inactivity.

On the bright side, Spysociety rejoined and did quite a good amount of reviews, and Coop83 did a nice amount as well, which made him pass Haggard by 25 points.

Terribly sorry I haven't done many reviews. I have a massive programming project to do...

--

Member's Update #54
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6800 | 1063 / 1462 | 72.71% || 081 | 13 / 32 | 040.63% | Coop83
02 ) 6775 | 1059 / 1463 | 72.39% || 021 | 03 / 32 | 009.38% | Haggard
03 ) 3570 | 0552 / 1434 | 38.49% || 006 | 01 / 32 | 003.13% | Fro
04 ) 2786 | 0431 / 1342 | 32.12% || 009 | 01 / 32 | 003.13% | Supersteph54
05 ) 1946 | 0308 / 0698 | 44.13% || 000 | 00 / 32 | 000.00% | Animith ***
06 ) 1853 | 0299 / 0516 | 57.95% || 026 | 04 / 32 | 012.50% | sixflab
07 ) 1189 | 0191 / 0294 | 64.97% || 000 | 00 / 32 | 000.00% | Soapbubble **
08 ) 0863 | 0128 / 1054 | 12.14% || 009 | 01 / 31 | 003.23% | Celx-Requin
09 ) 0120 | 0019 / 0150 | 12.67% || 012 | 02 / 32 | 006.25% | ThePigeonMaster
10 ) 0054 | 0009 / 0032 | 28.13% || 054 | 09 / 32 | 028.13% | Spysociety

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
**: User has been inactive for the last four weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last six weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last eight weeks

If you are inactive for more than six weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than eight weeks you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 32
Total Requests All Time: 1484
Reviews Made This Week: 34
Total Reviews All Time: 5208
Average Per Member: 3.40
Average Per Request: 1.06
Sigs Forgotten: 1

*New to the List: Spysociety
Leaving the List: mrty

*All Requests Completed:
None :(.

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 17:51:53

At 9/19/10 05:16 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Ouch. A lot of submissions haven't been reviewed yet. If anyone reviews them, then tell me and I'll add the corresponding amount of points.

pero; Puzzle Collab Entry and Quick (x5) can all get reviews from me then. Just a quick few minutes there.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-19 18:24:17

At 9/19/10 05:51 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I'm not going to lie, this has been one of the worst weeks of the RRC. We've only done 34 reviews this week, which is 2 more than the amount of requests. 14 requests weren't reviewed, the overall stats are low, we lost a member, the requests list is quite big and two formerly active reviewers, Soapbubble and Animith are close to the four weeks of inactivity.

Well, I've managed a few reviews, which was good. I'm starting to get back into this :)

On the bright side, Spysociety rejoined and did quite a good amount of reviews, and Coop83 did a nice amount as well, which made him pass Haggard by 25 points.

Ah, back to the top. I feel like I'm home. Thanks Haggard.

01 ) 6800 | 1063 / 1462 | 72.71% || 081 | 13 / 32 | 040.63% | Coop83
02 ) 6775 | 1059 / 1463 | 72.39% || 021 | 03 / 32 | 009.38% | Haggard

Bloody typical that I'd be reviewing while you were updating. Shame, I could have done those reviews earlier tonight and saved people a lot of bother.

Not to worry, I'll see if I can get more of the "Non-club" music reviewed each week. If I'm in the mood, I might even branch into the dance / trance / hip-hop / house scenes as well, but I do it sparingly.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-20 00:05:26

At 9/19/10 05:51 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: 06 ) 1853 | 0299 / 0516 | 57.95% || 026 | 04 / 32 | 012.50% | sixflab

Sorry guys. I was distracted with EBF3 and work this week. I didn't do much of anything on newgrounds other than post a little and deposit.

I'll most definitely contribute way more this week. I have three days off and only plans for one of those so that will give me two days of undivided attention to review.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-20 09:16:01

So for one review I get 6 points, right(If I write with RRC at the end)?

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-20 09:25:06

At 9/20/10 09:16 AM, megamagition wrote: So for one review I get 6 points, right(If I write with RRC at the end)?

Yeah, if at the end you write 'Review Request Club' you get 6 points. 5 points if you forget it.

And 3 points for posting once throughout the week, 5 points for getting a new member to join the club and 7 points for finishing all the reviews.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-20 09:59:59

Damn the lack of an edit button! I only notice my grammar mistakes when it's too late.

Oh well, two reviews done anyway.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-20 14:43:43

YAY first time I'm part from the top reviewers list! Thanks Steph!

I already did six or seven reviews by now.
Cya.
SpyS.