00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

i need help recording

842 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

i need help recording 2009-06-18 00:55:17

i use both Wave Pad and Audacity but both seem to get out of synch when i record one track while listening to the guitar track
any help
new program
new ways to fx it
anything?

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-18 01:03:50

Hmm, is your output digital? Usually when you have an analog input and a digital output, you get mad insane lag, like 30ms or more. Switch your output to analog and your lag issue may be fixed. If not, it may be crappy audio card drivers....

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-18 01:06:37

At 6/18/09 01:03 AM, brokendeck wrote: Hmm, is your output digital? Usually when you have an analog input and a digital output, you get mad insane lag, like 30ms or more. Switch your output to analog and your lag issue may be fixed. If not, it may be crappy audio card drivers....

well thing is it was working just fine before this week idk what happened
i help my friend record some of his stuff and it got me in the mood to record my stuff today and when i go to record its like where ever there is silence a little bit is taken out as time progresses eventually making my chorus into the bridge and my verse 3 where the verse 2 should be lol

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-18 01:18:09

It can be caused by many things. Many of which have doubtless been covered alsewhere, but here it is again. Is your hard drive full of crap? Defrag it once in a while. Are your audio card drivers up to date? Is your windows OS up to date? Did you clear your internet cache? Is your audio software the only thing running at the time? How many programs do you have running already in the system tray?

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-18 12:49:13

Do you have any plugins or effects on the channel you are recording on? FX will delay the sound in able to process it. Bypass them.

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-18 12:53:50

At 6/18/09 12:55 AM, blindedbymusic wrote: i use both Wave Pad and Audacity but both seem to get out of synch when i record one track while listening to the guitar track
any help
new program
new ways to fx it
anything?

some description of your recording setup would be helpful.

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-19 01:54:57

umm cheap alternatives are like clean up your hard drive.. add extra ram sticks.. make sure you ASIO drivers.. make sure those are up to date as well..

the best method honesty.. if your into recording guitars or anything to buy an audio interface.. and just go that route.. saves so much head trauma when you go that route

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-19 02:20:38

At 6/19/09 01:54 AM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: umm cheap alternatives are like clean up your hard drive.. add extra ram sticks.. make sure you ASIO drivers.. make sure those are up to date as well..

the best method honesty.. if your into recording guitars or anything to buy an audio interface.. and just go that route.. saves so much head trauma when you go that route

well ive been looking for one but no one in my city seems to have them or an idea of what they cost
any guesses?

Response to i need help recording 2009-06-19 17:08:36

At 6/19/09 02:20 AM, blindedbymusic wrote:
At 6/19/09 01:54 AM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: umm cheap alternatives are like clean up your hard drive.. add extra ram sticks.. make sure you ASIO drivers.. make sure those are up to date as well..

well ive been looking for one but no one in my city seems to have them or an idea of what they cost
any guesses?

Audio Interfaces can range from 100bucks to 1000bucks or higher.. My M-Audio Fast Track Pro was like 200bucks I believe.. You can buy them at almost any guitar shop or DJ shop.. places like SamAsh or Guitar Center will sell them... if not you can always order one online through Music123,,,Musiciansfriend...ZZsounds...
.Ebay