New Topic Respond to this Topic
secv
secv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Audio Desyncs At Export? Jun. 17th, 2009 @ 05:28 PM Reply

I've recorded several audio clips in Audacity, exported each one individually, and aligned them correctly in the timeline. I have each audio clip set to "stream" and all of them play correctly when I test the movie without exporting.

However, after I export the .swf (Ctrl+Alt+Enter) the audio isn't synchronized anymore and is playing much earlier than it should.

I'm not playing several clips at a time, using multiple audio cues, or performing any graphics intensive animation. I have no clue what's wrong. I've even re-recorded and exported clips to replace possibly broken audio files, but no luck there either.

The only progress I made was by removing the second clip, magically restoring the timing. However, after I saved and tried adding the clip back, the first was now out of sync, as well as the rest of the movie's audio.

Any help would be appreciated. The .fla can be downloaded here. (CS3)

atomoxic
atomoxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Desyncs At Export? Jun. 17th, 2009 @ 09:09 PM Reply

When setting the audio to Event instead of stream it works much better. I'm not sure how that effects the overall movie though as to how you want it to work.

BBS Signature
SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Audio Desyncs At Export? Jun. 17th, 2009 @ 09:38 PM Reply

first of all I wouldnt post your .fla up to the public, good way for it to get stolen.

What I like to do is have the whole movie on one scene. have all the sound effects,music ect on layers above the movie layer. set them to stream. the empty space inbetween each sound filled with a silent mp3. Usually flash still fucks up the sync though, so you have to kinda tweak it by moving the sounds effects around to match the delay.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..