00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

(talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art

36,769 Views | 304 Replies

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 16:30:06

Well tomorrow I'm submitting this finished piece unless anyone gives me suggestions.
finished (nsfw still still)

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 17:57:01

At 7/9/09 04:30 PM, flashwarrior wrote: Well tomorrow I'm submitting this finished piece unless anyone gives me suggestions.

go ahead and submit it, but it doesn't fit the theme

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 18:14:55

At 7/9/09 05:57 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/9/09 04:30 PM, flashwarrior wrote: Well tomorrow I'm submitting this finished piece unless anyone gives me suggestions.
go ahead and submit it, but it doesn't fit the theme

how not? All of those have happened in pac man games, except the pink ghost sucking his dick which is associated with the power up he's shooting out of his dick from the game pac n pal. There are power pellets which he is stomping a ghosts head into, and those DO kill ghosts when pac man uses one. This is vague associations, but it makes sense because pac man always had vague graphics in the games, and we are supposed to make it messed up. Half of this comes from the game pac n pal so I guess I can't blame you because of its rarity/obscurity.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 18:19:35

At 7/9/09 06:14 PM, flashwarrior wrote: how not? All of those have happened in pac man games, except the pink ghost sucking his dick which is associated with the power up he's shooting out of his dick from the game pac n pal. There are power pellets which he is stomping a ghosts head into, and those DO kill ghosts when pac man uses one. This is vague associations, but it makes sense because pac man always had vague graphics in the games, and we are supposed to make it messed up. Half of this comes from the game pac n pal so I guess I can't blame you because of its rarity/obscurity.

Yeah, there is no dick sucking and no shooting off an ak47. You would have had it better with just pac-man biting the head off a ghost, just leave it at that.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 18:25:34

Sonic detail bit

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 19:25:42

W.I.P
Crappy sketch of my badass Q*Bert.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-09 19:44:25

At 7/9/09 06:19 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/9/09 06:14 PM, flashwarrior wrote: how not? All of those have happened in pac man games, except the pink ghost sucking his dick which is associated with the power up he's shooting out of his dick from the game pac n pal. There are power pellets which he is stomping a ghosts head into, and those DO kill ghosts when pac man uses one. This is vague associations, but it makes sense because pac man always had vague graphics in the games, and we are supposed to make it messed up. Half of this comes from the game pac n pal so I guess I can't blame you because of its rarity/obscurity.
Yeah, there is no dick sucking and no shooting off an ak47. You would have had it better with just pac-man biting the head off a ghost, just leave it at that.

1:15 and 3:05 shows him use those power ups that are shot from the gun and his dick, since it's like 6 bit or whatever an Atari is the graphics are very vague and you could probably associate the lasers with a gun, and humorously associate the second power up with him spraying sperm about which is the one flaw because it's kind of a joke.

So yeah there's that one part. other than that I should be fine as long as I have a link to that video in my submission post to show people the gameplay.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-10 13:31:01

I've got blisters on me fingers!
I'm finally finished! This fucking piece took me so long too make!

Ant thoughts before I submit it to the art thread?

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-10 16:42:55

At 7/9/09 07:25 PM, creepyboy wrote: W.I.P
Crappy sketch of my badass Q*Bert.

The whole piece will look good. Promise.

At 7/10/09 01:31 PM, IDuDe wrote: I've got blisters on me fingers!

I think it looks pretty cool. You cab submit it.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-10 17:50:22

Awesome

.... well, the "beware" could be a bit bigger I think.
Also everything could be a bit darker in my opinion, or at least the sky. That should make it a bit more creepy. Try experimenting with duplicated layers and different blend mode settings instead of just darking it in total.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-10 18:28:10

At 7/10/09 05:50 PM, J-qb wrote:
Awesome
Also everything could be a bit darker in my opinion, or at least the sky. That should make it a bit more creepy. Try experimenting with duplicated layers and different blend mode settings instead of just darking it in total.

Okay... Played around with the contrast and the effects with the layers for a bit... This is what i came up with, I think it looks allot creepier now.

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-10 18:45:31

At 7/10/09 06:28 PM, IDuDe wrote:
At 7/10/09 05:50 PM, J-qb wrote:
Awesome
Okay... Played around with the contrast and the effects with the layers for a bit... This is what i came up with, I think it looks allot creepier now.

Sry, wrong pic... This is the final tweaked version, But actually they're both look good to me, which one do you guys think is better? (and when I say better I mean creepier)

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 07:56:30

hmmm, I'd go for the first one. While the high contrast in the background of the second looks cool, the lighting gets a bit iffy in that one. I keep feeling the aliens should be lighted from those glowing orbs in the background, which they arent.

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 08:21:30

At 7/11/09 07:56 AM, J-qb wrote: hmmm, I'd go for the first one. While the high contrast in the background of the second looks cool, the lighting gets a bit iffy in that one. I keep feeling the aliens should be lighted from those glowing orbs in the background, which they arent.

Yeah you're probably right.
But what I was thinking of doing is to go with the 1st one but to change the contrast on the guy inside the space ship so he will look better like in the 2ed pic...

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 08:30:55

Sry for posting so much, I just really wanna get it right...
So what I did here is I maid the lightning in the background darker so it doesn't look like the aliens need highlights (I hope) and changed the contrast on the guy inside the spaceship.
So what do ya think?

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 08:36:06

At 7/11/09 08:30 AM, IDuDe wrote: Sry for posting so much, I just really wanna get it right...
So what I did here is I maid the lightning in the background darker so it doesn't look like the aliens need highlights (I hope) and changed the contrast on the guy inside the spaceship.
So what do ya think?

It's Cool. Id let it sit there and do nothing with it for a (few) day(s), sometimes you see stuff that needs improving then, But Id say it turned out really good.

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 08:40:27

At 7/11/09 08:36 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 7/11/09 08:30 AM, IDuDe wrote: Sry for posting so much, I just really wanna get it right...
So what do ya think?
It's Cool. Id let it sit there and do nothing with it for a (few) day(s), sometimes you see stuff that needs improving then, But Id say it turned out really good.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna let some other guys comment on it before I submit it.
Thanks J-qb, you really helped me allot!

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-11 17:47:17

Got bored enough to work on my entry again.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-13 03:19:50

Yeah so I'm pretty much done I think. Anyone spot any mishaps or suggestions before I submit it?
[Full]

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-13 10:03:52

At 7/13/09 03:19 AM, Kuoke wrote: Yeah so I'm pretty much done I think. Anyone spot any mishaps or suggestions before I submit it?
[Full]

Maybe some antennae and snarling mouths?
Like in the arcade art.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 19:16:17

I'm really happy with the way my piece is going, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish by the 20th. Anyone else got any irons in the fire? Hope this doesn't die. Seemed like a really good idea for a contest.

Sucho
second piece looks great.

BUMP

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 19:56:27

At 7/14/09 07:16 PM, Occluded wrote: I'm really happy with the way my piece is going, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish by the 20th. Anyone else got any irons in the fire? Hope this doesn't die. Seemed like a really good idea for a contest.

sucho
second piece looks great.

BUMP

THEENX. i dun stayed up all night fo' that bitch, keeping myself awake with jo don baker movies and various salted snacks.

extensions sound fine, but i'm still waiting on the final wrap up of the miniposter thing! did i miss the results pox?

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 21:20:11

At 7/14/09 07:56 PM, sucho wrote: extensions sound fine, but i'm still waiting on the final wrap up of the miniposter thing! did i miss the results pox?

He posted it on his site.

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 21:39:25

heres mine i spent all night on it

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 22:00:41

At 7/14/09 09:20 PM, Kuoke wrote:
At 7/14/09 07:56 PM, sucho wrote: extensions sound fine, but i'm still waiting on the final wrap up of the miniposter thing! did i miss the results pox?
He posted it on his site.

still no word about an actual book being published though......

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-14 22:45:35

SUCHO

You had to be a complete dick and be born with an eye for color and detail, and hog the gift of imagination (yes, believe it or not quantities of intrinsic imagination are limited by nature, just watch telivision.) On top of that you had to be a complete asshole and become a disciplined artist, being learned in a myriad of mediums. Now I was vying for a chance of even placing and you destroyed that dream by being completely fantastic.
Now you can take this as some sly catharsis, satire, or sarcasm, but it truly is not. I hate you for going above and beyond in your endeavours, and raising quality standards, ultimately making this community a little brighter as well.
GAWD.
/rant

Really cool comp dawg, great perspective, great reimaginationating, great everything. I underestimated you with your ristar post. I know that the day today fluctuations on creativity can be frustrating for an artist, but hang in there.

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-15 19:50:38

Oh, seems we're getting closer to the deadline now.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-15 20:32:25

Maybe a bit more finetuning tomorrow...
Mostly done.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-16 02:37:57

Hey Guys, Im doing a pokemon one where charizard is eating pikachoo XD
I need to work on a bit considering its due in 4 days...
Heres the wip:

I dream of the day where chickens will be able to cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Response to (talk) Contest: Bad Game Fan Art 2009-07-16 05:43:51

At 7/13/09 10:58 PM, sucho wrote: full-res
so very tired.

God, I hate you.
Get that on the art portal so I can fave it, you fucker.

BBS Signature