New Topic Respond to this Topic
snaaaake4
snaaaake4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Supertown Needs Voice Actors! Jun. 14th, 2009 @ 03:32 AM Reply

Hi. I'm aware that there are threads specifically for voice acting, and I will post on them in addition to this thread. The reason I give it an individual post is because of the relative size of this project. It might very well be a long-standing series, and I want to make sure to reach as many voice actors as possible.

Below you might see the extremely rough sketch of the characters for Supertown. They're a bunch of intolerant, racist, sexist, homophobic superheroes. They believe they're fighting for the cause of liberty, when in fact they are promoting bigotry. In this way, the series satirizes conservatives who are extremely patriotic, yet give a bad image to America.

This series requires five talented main voice actors, as well as a few extras.

Before we go on, I'd like to show you a quick little animation I just did to show you that my work in final form doesn't look as rough as the image below: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 9114

And now I'd like to describe each of the main characters available for voice acting:

Sergeant America: The indisputable leader of the group, he has the stereotypical superhero voice. Think superman. He is very closely a parody of Captain America. He's the tough guy with the blue star on his boxers.

Bird: With an awkwardly direct name, bird is a bald eagle. That's it. He doesn't actually have any powers, but he's a bald eagle.

Lady Liberty: A parody of the statue of liberty. She uses her flaming torch to destroy enemies. Also, she has sex appeal and there are some jokes about that.

Uncle Sam: He has the typical stretchy limbs ability. So far, that's all his character is.

And lastly, Freedom Ghost: This might be the most controversial character. It is important to remember that if you like this series, you are in fact critical of conservative intolerance. The epitome of this is the KKK. And so this little ghost has the most stereotypical redneck accent. He can turn invisible. You are definitely supposed to be laughing at him - kind of like if you were to make a funny animation about how stupid Hitler was.

I have the script for the first episode done. If it goes well, we'll make another. The runtime for the animation is about eight minutes. If you are interested, please email me at snaaaake4@yahoo.com. I'll send you the script, and then you can audition for as many characters as you like.

Hopefully, this should be a fun series that will catch on very quickly on Newgrounds.

P.S. Oh, yeah, that is Lady Liberty flipping you off. You would think it's a torch. A little joke.

Supertown Needs Voice Actors!