New Topic Respond to this Topic
arunforce
arunforce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply

I need a skilled, and I really mean SKILLED vector artist with a couple hours (daily) of dedicated time. Your sole job will be mainly to create new items and static site images of the items for the game. This is partially repetitive, meaning you will have to color the items and output the static image color variations and the corresponding SWFs in the desired format. This is mainly to let me focus on programming aspects of the engine and site, and also improve on my "decent" graphics.

Here's a screenshot from the game:
http://www.battleclad.com/blog/images/re f1.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I really don't want anyone that can't make above standard graphics (mine being standard). It will be faster for me and you if you have a portfolio of previous works. However, if you are not able to provide it, but feel qualified to take on the job, just email me an example of a good looking armor (yes, I will judge you based on it) set from the image provided below. Note, it should take you less than 30 minutes to make it, if it takes longer then you probably aren't cut out for this kind of work.

http://i42.tinypic.com/nnqjqu.jpg

What's in it for you? Well other than a kick ass option of being an important role on the site, and a chance for your portfolio to shine, you will receive monetary payment. When will you receive monetary payment? When the site is out of open beta I will pay you. Why then? Sure, I could pay you now, but I wouldn't be willing to pay you the amount an artist of a site like this would make. Hence stick around for a month, and receive a more than decent paycheck. I won't negotiate royalties, % cut or anything like that, just straight up payment. I'm not going to rob you or anything, that would be stupid for a site that you ALREADY know about. It would be too much trouble/risk to rob you of less than a months worth of work, plus you can have my private MSN. OK, say you hypothetically receive $1,000 dollars for your work that leads to gold, but you were expecting $5,000. No problem, quit, it's less than a month's work, you won't die. I'm not saying I will pay you $1k for the initial batch of work, could be more or less, depending on the financial success of the game and the quality/quantity of the work.

If you are wondering why the site is down right now, it's because I am making a transition to open beta. That means mostly all bugs are completed and it is ready for public testing. Yeah it's a shame that you can't view the game in-action. If someone that I am interested in seeing as the artist wants to see the game in action, it can be arranged. Note, I will NOT pay you if you drop out without notifying me with plenty of time to find a replacement before the initial batch. You have been warned. Save the mybrute shit, it will be totally nothing like mybrute.

I'll check this topic, faster way of contact [myusernamehere]@gmail.com. If I don't respond to you, I am not interested.

UknownXL
UknownXL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 01:34 AM Reply

I may be interested, can we talk more on msn?

arunforce
arunforce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 01:37 AM Reply

Yeah. I rather not though, I'm a rather busy person, hence I may not respond at times, etc, but sure.

MSN: [myusername]@mpgh.net

UknownXL
UknownXL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 01:45 AM Reply

Message sent.

arunforce
arunforce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 12:17 PM Reply

Bump.

arunforce
arunforce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 13th, 2009 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Last bump. :(

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Vect.artist For Beta Flash Mmorpg Jun. 14th, 2009 @ 03:12 AM Reply

The amount of art assets for an mmo is pretty vast. You need to have a definite paying amount listed for anyone to wanna risk doing all that work just to find out they get way under payed.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..