00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hauntir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can Police outrank the Military?

13,052 Views | 37 Replies

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 06:52:25

It depends if you mean local or national

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 07:33:10

The rank is the same for military force and auxiliar forces (police, firemen, etc.).

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 07:35:48

I think you should ask the nearest police station

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 07:42:20

As far as I know, they have completely separate jurisdictions, with completely separate hierarchies.

A low-ranked policeman does not have to obey any command of a high ranked army officer, and vice versa.

Except in matters that fall within their jurisdiction (e.g. if a member of the military was say, committing a crime).

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 07:44:31

At 8/3/09 03:08 AM, MercatorMap wrote: Police still have arrest authority over military personnel during regular peace time.

So don't think you can drink and drive as an enlisted man and tell the cop to shove it up his ass.

Exactly what MercatorMap said.

I live near an army base and we recently had the Department of Transportation roll through to inspect the local commercial vehicles. They were pulling over everybody, including the army. The army has also been given shit because of the way they drive on civilian roads, they were following so closely behind one another on single lane highways that you'd pretty much have to pass the whole convoy because you couldn't squeeze in between two vehicles.

BBS Signature

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2009-08-03 11:05:39

At 8/3/09 01:34 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 8/3/09 12:46 AM, HandsomePete wrote: One could include the FBI as a police force. I'm making it fully encompassing.
No. The FBI is a specialized task force. Get it right.

They're in the department of Justice. Read through the article, and see them called "The nation's only national police force."

BBS Signature

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2016-07-20 09:02:23

At 6/12/09 07:03 PM, Silverchaos wrote: This is a question that has been bothering me for years. Since they both work for the executive branch, would say, a police Captain have more authority than a military Lieutenant?

Meaning if both were somehow put on the same duty, would the lower ranked individual have to obey his higher ranked superior regardless of service?

When a military personnel is on land the must obey the cops for that when they are on American soil and not on base they are considered civilians!

Response to Can Police outrank the Military? 2016-07-20 12:10:38

At 7/20/16 09:02 AM, Corpsman12 wrote: When a military personnel is on land the must obey the cops for that when they are on American soil and not on base they are considered civilians!

Nice bump, my friend.