00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any Free Programs?

1,124 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 14:27:55

Hey guys, I'm interested in starting making some nice audio, but I'm a little strapped for cash... Does anybody know a decent free music making program for Windows XP? Thnx everybody!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 14:37:18

At 6/12/09 02:27 PM, Lock3 wrote: Hey guys, I'm interested in starting making some nice audio, but I'm a little strapped for cash... Does anybody know a decent free music making program for Windows XP? Thnx everybody!!!

Microsoft Music Maker, FL Studio demo version (somehow I've got the XXL version), Milky/Modplug Tracker, there's plenty.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 14:44:26

BBS Signature

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 15:32:46

def use fl studio. you can easily get a crack from the intarnet.

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 16:25:19

At 6/12/09 03:32 PM, shaokahn280z wrote: def use fl studio. you can easily get a crack from the intarnet.

:( FL is cheap enough already. the lifetime updates make it a no brainer purchase. check my sig. for 10% off too.

But yes, FL Studio is a great program and the demo is free. it is plenty of freedom to get a good feel for what you can do with it.

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 16:27:56

i wonder who here is paid by *company* to promote *softawre"

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 16:57:27

At 6/12/09 04:27 PM, pr0ded wrote: i wonder who here is paid by *company* to promote *softawre"

:))) lol and lol again :)))
Man, you're
Audacity
Audio editor for recording, slicing, and mixing audio. Site includes help, downloads, and developer information.
Audacity® is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
Wavosaur
Wavosaur is a free sound editor, audio editor, wav editor software for editing, processing and recording sounds, wav and mp3 files. Wavosaur has all the features to edit audio (cut, copy, paste, etc.) produce music loops, analyze, record, batch convert.
Wavosaur supports VST plugins, ASIO driver, multichannel wav files, real time effect processing.
Mu.Lab
MU.LAB is an alternative, state of the art software application for OSX and Windows ad Linux.
MU.LAB Free (which is free to everyone!) has a 6 track limit, can only mixdown in 16 Bit and only supports 1 mono out for ReWired devices.

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-12 18:03:47

HOLD YOU HORSES!!

The first thing you should do before purchasing anything as expensive as Fl Studio 8 is, I would strongly advise downloading and using the demo version ( which is the XXL package as standard )
and having a play around with it for at least a few weeks, because for somebody that's never used any type of music producing software before it can be extremely duanting.

Also for the need of slicing editing and mixing music, Audacity would be the best program to use for a beginner... being that it's simple and free :D smiles all round

Would you be so kind as to rate and review

You know how they patience is a virtue? why be bored and do nothing about it? Impatience is a virtue in my eyes

BBS Signature

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-13 13:14:27

Wow!!! Thnx for all the good suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Any Free Programs? 2009-06-13 13:33:10

At 6/12/09 02:37 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 6/12/09 02:27 PM, Lock3 wrote: Hey guys, I'm interested in starting making some nice audio, but I'm a little strapped for cash... Does anybody know a decent free music making program for Windows XP? Thnx everybody!!!
Microsoft Music Maker, FL Studio demo version (somehow I've got the XXL version), Milky/Modplug Tracker, there's plenty.

Microsoft... music maker?

Such a thing exists?

Does it have songsmith plugins?