00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog

1,265 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-11 22:45:45

Old school mofos. It's 4.30 AM and I just finished off Robotnik (I was on my last life too). Truly an epic battle and even better game. I was so happy, I opened my window and shouted 'WOOHOO!' into the night.
I don't know if it's the mass amount of sugar I have in me right now or if it's the lack of sleep, but I feel like the happiest person in the world.
Discuss. Or whatever.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-11 23:14:38

That's awesome. I have the entire trilogy on VC and haven't beaten a single game. Haven't played them in a while. All I remember is that I'm stuck on 3.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-11 23:17:24

Well that's awesome and all, but your eyes must be turned inside out.

Formerly known as Headshot777

The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-12 00:14:33

Good for you. I'll bet you want a gold star, or maybe a cookie.

Instead, I'll give you ice cream: Rocky Road, made with all-natural ingredients and a hint of corn.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-12 00:47:04

At 6/12/09 12:00 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/11/09 10:45 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Truly an epic battle
Not really. Cylinder comes down, electro sparks, repeat.

Epic in the sense of 'Don't fuck up now or you'll have to go back to Green Hill Zone'.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-12 00:48:57

Last boss is easy, did you do it the careful way of only hitting when you can easily make the jump hit or did you go all out spinning narrowly avoiding the crushers like a real Hedgehog?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-12 01:41:24

At 6/12/09 12:48 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Last boss is easy, did you do it the careful way of only hitting when you can easily make the jump hit or did you go all out spinning narrowly avoiding the crushers like a real Hedgehog?

I tried to be careful so I wouldn't have to start over, but I ended up running around like mad and jumping all over the place. Like a 'real' Hedgehog, lul.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-12 12:29:19

At 6/11/09 10:45 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Old school mofos. It's 4.30 AM and I just finished off Robotnik (I was on my last life too). Truly an epic battle and even better game. I was so happy, I opened my window and shouted 'WOOHOO!' into the night.
I don't know if it's the mass amount of sugar I have in me right now or if it's the lack of sleep, but I feel like the happiest person in the world.
Discuss. Or whatever.

I remember my first time beating that game. The second I beat it I screamed "YEAH!!!" really loud but I forgot I was in a dentist office with a full room of people. Yes my dentist brought in his sega and let me play.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 00:37:13

At 6/11/09 10:45 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Old school mofos. It's 4.30 AM and I just finished off Robotnik (I was on my last life too). Truly an epic battle and even better game. I was so happy, I opened my window and shouted 'WOOHOO!' into the night.
Discuss. Or whatever.

which sonic the hedgehog game r u talking about, the original or the new generation 1, cuz i beat them both and i was soooo happy!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 05:04:45

the original.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 08:38:52

I'm stuck on 3-D Blast. That game is terrible. Ya did you have to use a continue in the Labyrinth like I did? That zone was a fucking bitch I say.

Well.

Shit.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:11:19

But did you get all the Chaos Emeralds for the best ending...?

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:15:35

Congratulations, you've done something I've done a thousand times.

To post or not to post, that's the question.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:23:16

At 6/12/09 03:08 AM, Gooch wrote: I'm going to go back and end up playing Road Rash 3 on my Sega. If I beat that, I'll shout into the night really loud. You have my word.

I love Road Rash, such an epic series.. one of my favourites when I was younger.

At 6/19/09 11:15 AM, simsam114 wrote: Congratulations, you've done something I've done a thousand times.

"You've just married? So? People get married all the time, jeez."

Noone cares.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:26:40

"You've just married? So? People get married all the time, jeez."

Noone cares.

And anybody should care about someone beating Sonic the Hedgehog?
Hypocrite.

To post or not to post, that's the question.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:37:16

At 6/19/09 11:26 AM, simsam114 wrote: And anybody should care about someone beating Sonic the Hedgehog?
Hypocrite.

If you don't care, don't post :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:43:38

I've beaten it a couple of times.

I felt proud of myself every single time. All 1 of them.

D:

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 11:56:24

Congratulations

At 6/11/09 11:14 PM, Gustavos wrote: All I remember is that I'm stuck on 3.

Me too. I'm stuck in the last area just because of the stupid time limit. You really gotta know what you're doing to play a whole stage and then battle three bosses in 10 minutes.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 15:27:00

At 6/19/09 11:53 AM, SuperMarioBrosS wrote: Congratulations, but did you get all 6 Chaos Emeralds before beating the game? Hm?

Well, I found one of 'em in the special stages. I know that I'm going to end up playing this game again for the Emeralds.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 20:56:34

At 6/19/09 11:56 AM, manonthemoon516 wrote: Congratulations

At 6/11/09 11:14 PM, Gustavos wrote: All I remember is that I'm stuck on 3.
Me too. I'm stuck in the last area just because of the stupid time limit. You really gotta know what you're doing to play a whole stage and then battle three bosses in 10 minutes.

I'm stuck on the Carnival level. I always find myself trapped in a square space and no way out. I have to wait for those ten minutes to be up. It's ridiculous.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 21:05:00

At 6/19/09 08:56 PM, Gustavos wrote: I'm stuck on the Carnival level. I always find myself trapped in a square space and no way out. I have to wait for those ten minutes to be up. It's ridiculous.

You seriously don't know how to get past that barrel?

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 21:18:31

At 6/19/09 08:56 PM, Gustavos wrote: I'm stuck on the Carnival level. I always find myself trapped in a square space and no way out. I have to wait for those ten minutes to be up. It's ridiculous.

Don't jump, it's up and down dammit.

UUUPPP AND DOWWWWWWN.

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-19 21:29:21

At 6/19/09 09:05 PM, supperman2 wrote:

There's a barrel?

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-20 10:50:46

At 6/12/09 12:47 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 6/12/09 12:00 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/11/09 10:45 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Truly an epic battle
Not really. Cylinder comes down, electro sparks, repeat.
Epic in the sense of 'Don't fuck up now or you'll have to go back to Green Hill Zone'.

One hit, you're dead and so forth.

Great Job RacoonMario, you deserve another Brown Leaf.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-20 11:17:54

That's what I loved about classic games, they're much harder than today's games, Loaded was one game that made me cuss more than anything, that and Earthworm Jim were games that took me forever to beat, but they were fun at the same time.

BBS Signature

Response to I just beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-06-20 14:09:26

At 6/19/09 09:29 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 6/19/09 09:05 PM, supperman2 wrote:
There's a barrel?

Are you talking about that part where you're stuck in small room and you're jumping up and down on a cylinder? If you are, don't worry. It's a notorious area that many (myself included) got caught in. If you're talking about another area, then I don't know.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church