00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wide Layout Update 3

32,743 Views | 158 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 17:05:46

I really like the new one, now when I send things to friends, there not stupid and have no clue what to press, all they have to do is wait and watch. Most likely they will love it too, and maybe even join newgrounds. Because I sure love Newgrounds.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 18:14:44

hmmm idk if it was just my computer, but when i put "turn light off" i did not recieve any medals, though the game said i earned, it did not register :o

BBS Signature

[New Servers on the Way!] [Twitter] [My Site] [My NGLog]

Click on the image!

Sig by bangyouredead

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 18:30:40

Holy shit, bring back the Play button. Immediately playing something upon clicking the link is the worst design ever.

I always put multiple flashes in tabs, look at them all, and then leave NG. Now, I don't think I'll even bother.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 18:57:46

At 6/5/09 08:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: Can we digg this?

YES WE CAN!!!!

T-T i dont have a sig.

o wait i guess i have one now. lol

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 19:38:47

ART PORTAL?! GREAT!
All of this is turning out GREAT!

I love Street Fighter. obviously.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 20:56:51

I'm guessing fixel is just a convenient add on for people who already have flash, and in no way helps the non flash user to contribute something to the portal?
=(

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 22:34:20

Loving the updates! If there is one small thing I can add, if it hasn't been mentioned all ready, whenever you click the "add movie to favorites" link on the flash page, the button remains the same. It used to change the link to "manage favorites". I know it is a small thing, but I thought it was really convenient.

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem, but I thought I would bring it up just in case.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 23:44:09

someone can tell me how fixel work, or how to downloaded, i think i donloaded the wrong thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-06 23:51:37

Dear NG: As funny as the abuse for using ad blocker is, screw you. I will never be going to your store, and your ads are annoying. There is a reason people use ad blockers, you know.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 00:10:06

I feel like the entire site is faster now with the ad's loading last (if they are loading last on the rest of the site)!

Or, maybe its just me...

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 00:12:03

Loading the content before the ads. It is great thinking like that makes me love Newgrounds.

I still enjoy the new layout and can't wait to see what updates are next.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 00:16:09

I'm very excited about the Art Portal launch, and the Wide Layout has grown on me quicker than Raider Rash spreads through Lubbock...can't wait, Tom!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 00:25:48

At 6/5/09 08:49 PM, gta0004 wrote: there is a glitch with the buttons:
http://i40.tinypic.com/9ablw9.jpg

Try ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMing out.

Admit it, this pic is so awesome that you fucked me.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 01:37:31

Finally, I don't have to tamper with my pop-up blocker now. It gets really annoying. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 03:50:11

Because calling people communists, queers, and a variety of other insults is much better and way more effective than to explain to them that AdBlock prevents Newgrounds from getting the funding it needs to run and that it no longer has the invasive pop-ups and noisy flash ads that spread spyware, one of the main reasons people started using AdBlock here in the first place.

I hope you guys feel real proud of yourselves as you watch that TV show or movie you recorded on Tivo or downloaded from a torrent. :)

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 03:53:40

At 6/6/09 08:56 PM, TheWolfe wrote: I'm guessing fixel is just a convenient add on for people who already have flash, and in no way helps the non flash user to contribute something to the portal?
=(

Just the opposite - Flash isn't required to compile Flixel Actionscript 3 games.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 04:58:33

how about a full screen button

all you can see is the flash, the title bar with the controls and the ad at the bottom
kinda like f11 for firefox but without the menu or scrollbar
name it "Theatre View"

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 06:34:59

Nice, Tom!
Is there comming some more updates to the Wide Layout?

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 07:06:28

I just got raped by three of the same Tom's

I THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 09:36:04

Hey Tom, I found a little visual bug in the new wide layout on Internet Explorer 7:

Wide Layout Update 3

XO

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 11:02:21

The only thing I like in this layout is that when I sent the link of one flash, my friends no longer ask: Where is the flash?
No longer need to reply: JUST CLICK THE "WATCH THIS MOVIE" BUTTON!

No brain, No pain!

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 11:21:20

I can feel it loading faster. But really, you could just ass a "DIGG" button to every flash uploaded?

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 12:19:08

SOuP
was
HeRe

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 12:51:23

At 6/7/09 09:36 AM, molkman wrote: Hey Tom, I found a little visual bug in the new wide layout on Internet Explorer 7:

I found a performance and visual bung in the browsing software you are using:

Internet Explorer 7

You may want to get that fixed/checked out... No but seriously I think that happens on firefox too, it'll get fixed soon probably.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 13:14:23

ABOUT AD-BLOCKS:

You guys may not have take this into consideration, but one of the main reason to use and ad-blocking program is to avoid excess flash animations on a loading web page; not because of the download time increase, or the band with usage, or the plain dislike of ads, but because on old PCs all those flash components make it almost impossible to view pages like Newgrounds.com without insifferable lagging.

This may not be a problem for dual or quad-cores and such, but not everyone has the means to upgrade their PCs in the near future.

Also, what's with the insults?

Wide Layout Update 3

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handey

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 13:15:10

Huh this is weird...Instead of turning off adblock...I used noscript to allow "ngads.com"

And now its like before, I see nothing...

And before you ask yes...I dunno how to turn off adblock 3=

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 13:55:14

what if your late is there a chance to get it into the contest or it will the game just be a game?

Wide Layout Update 3

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 14:21:36

At 6/7/09 01:15 PM, Skybolt-DX wrote: And before you ask yes...I dunno how to turn off adblock 3=

You right click the stop sign that has ABP in it and select "Disable on newgrounds.com"
It should turn green after that.

Or you can click the icon and add a new filter "@@|*.newgrounds.com"
The "@@|" makes the filter an exception.
You might need to add "@@|*.ngads.com" too.

Response to Wide Layout Update 3 2009-06-07 14:23:26

Art portal...0_0

Wow...cant wait for that one!

Yeah, I'll make a siggy when I feel like it...~_~