New Topic Respond to this Topic
ph0ne
ph0ne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 7th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM Reply

At 6/7/09 08:53 PM, hhcash wrote: Using Adblock really is a douchy thing to do. I definitely understand pop-up blocker, but page ads don't really do anything, they're just there. Deal with it.

They're using up system resources on useless bullshit and slugging up my internet experience.

Ghurkins
Ghurkins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 6/7/09 08:58 PM, ph0ne wrote:
At 6/7/09 08:53 PM, hhcash wrote: Using Adblock really is a douchy thing to do. I definitely understand pop-up blocker, but page ads don't really do anything, they're just there. Deal with it.
They're using up system resources on useless bullshit and slugging up my internet experience.

Damn straight, for those who don't have adblock you need to go and download it (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo x/addon/1865) and then thank me about how much faster your internets are. You also avoid those annoying smilies that talk, the "shoot a laptop and win some butt rape" and of course the "HOT SINGLE GIRLS IN YOUR AREA WHO TOTALLY WANT RANDOM INTERNET PEOPLE TO SEE THEM NAKED AND TO BLOW THEIR LOAD THINKING ABOUT THEM". You know the ones I mean.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 09:39 AM Reply

Annoying? Jesus it's just a fucking ad.

Don't blame NG for their ads just because you feel like a fool when you get a message come up telling you basically that you're a cunt.

No pop ups so stop blocking the ads.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
luigipwnsmario
luigipwnsmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 6/5/09 08:22 PM, iX wrote: Also, delicious pancakes.

Nomnomnom.
I agree. The ads here suck.

Bread makes you FAT!?

BBS Signature
The-Hitman
The-Hitman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:06 AM Reply

At 6/5/09 09:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Does this mean you aren't gonna buy anything?!?!?!!?!?!

Better go tell April you won't be bringing anything home for supper.

Again.
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:08 AM Reply

if nobody's taking those pancakes, then i'll be taking those...

CanadianSnowman
CanadianSnowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Adblock is the only reason why I use Firefox, it cleans up the pages of clutter and it makes for a better viewing experience that uses less system resources.

It wouldn't be so bad if every ad on here wasn't a flash component.

Gateau
Gateau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Wow I feel bad for you, I mean it must really suck that you can't even browse the internet normally with your god awful machine.

And do you really think the ads here are THAT bad? You're complaining now, just think about what it was like back in 2002. I can't believe the team hasn't started banning the pompous, self-righteous users in this thread who are like "lol I'm an ungrateful prick who is not only stealing your resources but I'm also blocking your alternatives". I can't wait for these kids to grow up and learn what money is, and learn how it is used to run businesses that they use regularly.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature
Gateau
Gateau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:33 AM Reply

Haha sorry for the double post, I quoted the wrong person:

At 6/7/09 08:58 PM, ph0ne wrote: They're using up system resources on useless bullshit and slugging up my internet experience.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature
masterchef56
masterchef56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:34 AM Reply

FUCK YOU I WANT THOSE PANCAKES

I'm pretty damn hungry right now, and you're gonna make me get up.

You guys are all real swell.

BBS Signature
CanadianSnowman
CanadianSnowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM Reply

At 6/8/09 10:31 AM, Gateau wrote: And do you really think the ads here are THAT bad? You're complaining now, just think about what it was like back in 2002. I can't believe the team hasn't started banning the pompous, self-righteous users in this thread who are like "lol I'm an ungrateful prick who is not only stealing your resources but I'm also blocking your alternatives". I can't wait for these kids to grow up and learn what money is, and learn how it is used to run businesses that they use regularly.

I'm 23, I download movies / music / and adblock, I go to work every day, and really don't care what you think of me.

ChillyCheese
ChillyCheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 6/8/09 10:55 AM, CanadianSnowman wrote: I'm 23, I download movies / music / and adblock, I go to work every day, and really don't care what you think of me.

You're a cunt.

CanadianSnowman
CanadianSnowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 8th, 2009 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 6/8/09 11:22 AM, ChillyCheese wrote:
At 6/8/09 10:55 AM, CanadianSnowman wrote: I'm 23, I download movies / music / and adblock, I go to work every day, and really don't care what you think of me.
You're a cunt.

You are what you eat.

mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:10 PM Reply

i got ad block just to see the banners :P

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:15 PM Reply

They hate adblock because it prevents revenue from being reached to them personally I think you should not put adblock on.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:17 PM Reply

I just ad-blocked the ad-block ads.

CowGoMoo
CowGoMoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:20 PM Reply

newgrounds doesnt decide what ads they put on here. the people who are paying for the space do

My epic no sleep thread.
Everyone chase the AIDS truck!

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:22 PM Reply

I have my adblock on and I still see the ads

weird

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
CaptainChip
CaptainChip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 11th, 2009 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 6/11/09 06:19 PM, Cocoon wrote: I AM SO VERY ANGRY AFTER SEEING THIS OFFENSOIVE BANNER WHY IS IS THERE!

Because you're a douchebag who uses adblock.

Who will guard the guards guarding the guards?
World of Words 2
IF YOU NEED FLASH CARTOON IDEAS, COME SEE ME!

BBS Signature
ph0ne
ph0ne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 6/8/09 10:31 AM, Gateau wrote:
Wow I feel bad for you, I mean it must really suck that you can't even browse the internet normally with your god awful machine.

And do you really think the ads here are THAT bad? You're complaining now, just think about what it was like back in 2002. I can't believe the team hasn't started banning the pompous, self-righteous users in this thread who are like "lol I'm an ungrateful prick who is not only stealing your resources but I'm also blocking your alternatives". I can't wait for these kids to grow up and learn what money is, and learn how it is used to run businesses that they use regularly.

My "god awful machine?" Excuse me, but this computer is brand new and handles basically every game I throw at it (yes, even Crysis) on respectable quality settings. If you want to know my specs, go dig through my posts on the PC builders thread.

Anyway, even if your machine is powerful, we all have to face it: Firefox is a resource hog. Whenever I have it running it's always using the most memory, when compared to Opera. Of course, I only use FF for the awesome addons. The less resources it uses, the better, therefore, I'm getting rid of the annoying and useless ads. If Newgrounds is to make money, then it should get rid of the retards in its fan base, then I will consider unblocking the ads. Either that, or they just find a less annoying way.

HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 12:25 AM Reply

If you find the ads on NG to be annoying compared to other sites', you need to start looking at other websites. NG has the least offensive ads of any site I can think of.

BBS Signature
ph0ne
ph0ne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 12:25 AM, HandsomePete wrote: If you find the ads on NG to be annoying compared to other sites', you need to start looking at other websites. NG has the least offensive ads of any site I can think of.

I'm only here for showcasing my work on the AP. I'm not here for the FP or the BBS. Most of the submissions here are fucking shit anyway.

RedDreadSky
RedDreadSky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Considering the money from Newgrounds ads are paying the staff that constantly maintains this site, the bandwidth that allows Newgrounds to even EXIST, and for the constant improvement to this site, people using adblocker are really fucking stupid. Get over yourselves guys, something of no inconvenience is definitely worth all of Newgrounds.

And now complaining about ads that were put up so that the site would work properly for ingrates like YOU? You guys need to get your fucking priorities straight.

BBS Signature
alucardxmeow
alucardxmeow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 12:53 AM Reply

Well if you block NG's ad's out, your not going to see the ads which give them money.

So you either keep the ads there or buy something from the store unless you want NG to disappear because hosting a website isn't free. If you want NG to disappear then go to another website.

BBS Signature
SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 01:29 AM Reply

ads are a necessary evil to keep independent sites like this running. aslong as its not popups or those godawful ones with sound im fine with it. speaking of which http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?f a=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=108098 might fuck things up anyway.. will that be the end of sites like NG?

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

matrix5565
matrix5565
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 18th, 2009 @ 01:46 AM Reply

You realize they did it to fix the broken widescreen layout, right?

ph0ne
ph0ne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 20th, 2009 @ 11:38 AM Reply

You all speak of the ads being the saving grace to NG's funds, but in all honesty I couldn't give two shits about what happens to Newgrounds. It's more of a festering pile of cancerous shit than /b/. Yeah. I said it. Rules 1 and 2 don't even matter anymore since the Habbo Raids and Project Chanology.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 20th, 2009 @ 11:40 AM Reply

I don't get why people hate advertisements so much.
I don't even notice them, everyone needs to man the fuck up, start loving Newgrounds again and just not pay attention to them.

But I guess some people are different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

AIDSMcGuff
AIDSMcGuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 20th, 2009 @ 11:44 AM Reply

I think I'm going to get adblock just to see what these ads look like.

01000100011000010110111001100011011 01001011011100110011101010000011010 01011011100110010101100001011100000 11100000110110001100101010001110111 010101111001

BBS Signature
HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds hates Adblock. Jun. 20th, 2009 @ 11:51 AM Reply

At 6/18/09 12:35 AM, ph0ne wrote:
I'm only here for showcasing my work on the AP. I'm not here for the FP or the BBS. Most of the submissions here are fucking shit anyway.

And this affects how annoying 2 ads that don't affect the page and can be easily avoided how? If you're going to come to this site... this FREE site... quit bitching about the 2 fucking MMORPG ads, neither of which I can currently see with where my window is scrolled at the moment.

Buncha fuckin babies these days.

BBS Signature