00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoneMarr0w just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artists Union!

884 Views | 6 Replies

Artists Union! 2009-06-04 13:49:06

****(((( PORPOSAL ))))***** ****((((******(((( Now im not sure if there is sum10 like this already but I wanna give it a shot so hit me up if I am talking out my arse lol ^_^. ******)))))******

Alright fellow NGA (Newgrounds Audio Portal) Artists, My name is MikeBlade and I been dropping on NG since 2006. It has become evident to me as of late that we are having a issues with the rating one another's music in the portals. Now Im not the best artist out there in fact I learn alot from the more established producers and beatmakers in the portal. Just what I am seeing is a production by a fellow artist getting 1.15-2.50 with NO REVIEWS. Now I think that is really lame, if you think the music is wack then that is fine, but give some corrective criticism so the artist can get better. It also leads to the idea that folkz just want their stuff on the front bag for everyone to see so they blam the fuck outta other pplz music. SO my proposal to the community around the audio portal is the creation of Artists Union or Guild. I want to get a group of us artists who are really looking to advance their music and get constructive criticism to create a sort of group in which we rate one anothers music. ALL genre's are welcomed and the purpose of this group is not to make sure we all have hit records, but to provide reviews for one another, especially when the track iz Blammed aka Scored 0. So if anyone is interested just PM me or hit me back with some feedback about what you think of this idea. Thanks for reading and Keep'em coming guyz. NGAP4LIFE! (Newgrounds Audio Portal 4 Life)

Response to Artists Union! 2009-06-04 14:14:53

At 6/4/09 01:49 PM, MikeBlade wrote: Just what I am seeing is a production by a fellow artist getting 1.15-2.50 with NO REVIEWS.

Quite common actually.

We are very aware of the situation in the Audio Portal. We just can't help it with all those 0-bombers out there in the AP.

Of course, we have the Underdog List for this type of thing.

Also, if you really want some feedback, ask in the Review Request Club. You'll get good reviews from them! ;)

Response to Artists Union! 2009-06-04 14:24:48

At 6/4/09 02:12 PM, LaForge wrote: I stopped at "som10"

Work on your grammar if you want people to give a shit about what you're saying.

I stopped at '*****((((('

Response to Artists Union! 2009-06-04 15:50:11

There was a thread for mutual reviews a while back.

This has been proposed dozens of times (most of them with better grammar and spelling), and it never goes anywhere.

The AP is kind of fucked, it sucks, we'll live.

Response to Artists Union! 2009-06-04 16:46:50

At 6/4/09 02:24 PM, Khuskan wrote:
At 6/4/09 02:12 PM, LaForge wrote: I stopped at "som10"

Work on your grammar if you want people to give a shit about what you're saying.
I stopped at '*****((((('

I just stopped and skipped down to see if anyone else stopped. Let me translate for the OP.
I just st0pp3d + skipp3d d0wn to s33 if ne1 else stopp3d.

Response to Artists Union! 2009-06-04 17:14:08

for reviews you got the clubs ninjakoopa-33 linked, and as for voting, voting crews is strictly prohibited on the BBS.

Wakka wakka