00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New rule! No more posting "/thread"

34,563 Views | 233 Replies

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2010-04-08 00:14:11

At 4/8/10 12:07 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Ban everyone forever.

We're two votes away from just deleting the BBS altogether.

standby

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2010-05-16 16:16:30

I'd hate to imagine what this place would be like in two years or so.

/ban kero 3 what is this i don't even

So I'm not really here. Just dropping in.

Also, Hello HTML. I suppose we've never met.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2010-05-16 17:01:32

I agree with this, but...new rule?

New rule! No more posting

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 17:44:11

At 2/21/11 05:40 PM, RacistBassist wrote: How come when the mods spam and break the rules they don't get in trouble, and they are allowed to come up with arbitrary rules that users who have read the rules wouldn't know about unless they read the specific thread?

Mods can't ban other mods, and the admins don't give a fuck. Also, Poozy's the only mod who makes these stupid rules, and I doubt a new user will be banned for being ignorant of threads like these - if there are more of them. I thought this was the only one.

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing

Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.

-- ee cummings

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 17:45:54

At 6/3/09 08:41 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: DO NOT post "/thread" anymore.

Do you mean literally the phrase "/thread" or the word "Thread"? There are certainly a lot of those.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 17:46:42

Are we allowed to post "/thread" if that isn't the entire post? What if we post it like so:

/thread

After a respectable post? Will we still be banned?

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 17:57:03

At 2/21/11 05:45 PM, Ericho wrote: Do you mean literally the phrase "/thread" or the word "Thread"? There are certainly a lot of those.

He means '/thread'. It's a stupid internet joke if it has the / symbol before it, and it's basically the same as posting TL;DR, 'I don't care', etc.

At 2/21/11 05:46 PM, Scarface wrote: Are we allowed to post "/thread" if that isn't the entire post? What if we post it like so:

/thread
After a respectable post? Will we still be banned?

Ignore me all you like, but I'm struggling to see how you can ever post '/thread' and NOT have it come off as a dumb attempt to derail the thread it's in. If you're 'respectable post' really did have all the information and possible discussive points in it, why would you need to post '/thread' anyway? Shouldn't it be obvious there's no more need for further discussion?

Ergo, no. I don't think the length or quality of the post matters: unless you actually have the ability to follow up on it (read: lock the thread), you're just inviting a heap of shitty +1's into a thread that may not have even been 'finished' at all.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 18:02:19

You do take jokes a little bit too seriously, Poozy.

I never use it myself, but I don't get infuriated by these things, and usually scan past them. If they are used excessively, sure, tell them off, but this phrase is used to show that the poster has given the ultimate answer to the question at hand, and that no questions should be asked. It's a joke, you see.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 18:04:05

At 4/8/10 12:03 AM, Malachy wrote: if you would read this thread,

See, this gets to me. Not that I ever even use that dumb meme, but it's not like everyone sees EVERY thread ever created. Just TODAY zi seen this thread thanks to a lovely soul who decided to bump and say it. Now, I agree with this little rule, yes.

However, there would be this personal rule that a mod decides to take up and initiate bannings, such as this. What if a person decides to post it, never seen a thread like this before, and gets hit. All the mod has to say "Well, if you would read this thread bla, bla, bla" -- well, unfortunately, there's a huge chance of them not seeing this thread for the simple fact it wasn't bumped at this time.

Hell, I have over 5000 posts and been here since '05, posting only recently, and I have just TODAY seen this thread.

Yeah, that just kind of gets to me. Again, I agree with this rule, but it's just that term. I apologize to responding to such an old post, but it does still apply.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 18:13:23

I see a lot of complaining and even more crying.

If someone is banned for this type of post, it is for one day or less (unless they're stupid enough to do it in this thread, just like the moron that bumped this thread). Then the next time they do so the ban will be longer, etc etc.

Like it has been explained ad nauseum and shiezenhammer recently elaborated, there is no good reason to say /thread unless you're being a douche or are trying to derail a conversation.

This particular thread making it bannable was made when in every single thread you would see tons of users posting that shit. Since then and many many bans, the tide of stupid has been stemmed.

If you guys insist on continuing to post in this thread, you better be damn sure you read it through. That will most likely be the new "bannable offense" created. Posting in threads that you clearly haven't read, I mean.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 19:06:06

At 2/21/11 06:13 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: If you guys insist on continuing to post in this thread, you better be damn sure you read it through. That will most likely be the new "bannable offense" created. Posting in threads that you clearly haven't read, I mean.

I read the entire original post. I don't know why you keep deleting my posts.
I don't agree that mods should be able to ban people just because they think a fad is stupid.
It's just seems pointless and shallow.
It would make sense if you ban people who aren't contributing to the thread at all by saying /thread.
But instead, you make it that even if they make a well thought out contribution to the thread and then end it saying /thread, you will still ban them.
I really don't think most people who post /thread are actually trying to end the thread.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-02-21 19:06:12

So since Mr. Poozy made this a new rule, with everyone typing things for example "/apple" isn't that breaking the other rule about smart-arsing your way around rules? Or does it have to be in that list where the other rules are listed?

But yeah, every time i see someone do it, or do the "ITT" thing, it makes me wanna gouge my eyes out.

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-07-16 21:03:00

OP is butthurt.

/thread

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-07-16 21:05:01

I was going to say "Oh shit, thought saying that was outlawed years ago!"

Then I noticed the topic date.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-07-25 12:09:07

At 6/3/09 08:42 AM, Ejit wrote: I agree

/sarcasm
can you get rid of that one too?

How about ALL "/Commet here" things.

please no.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-07-25 12:24:37

At 7/16/11 09:03 PM, katanalama wrote: OP is butthurt.

/thread

Your not funny.

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-07-25 12:28:19

At 7/25/11 12:24 PM, Banziafy wrote:

/thread
Your not funny.

You're not familiar with 3rd grade English.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-10-06 15:24:56

At 7/25/11 12:28 PM, 1916 wrote:

/thread
Your not funny.

And you're not clever enough to understand how this thread works.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-10-06 15:29:04

At 10/6/11 03:26 PM, Chemich wrote: So much /thread

I share the opinion moderators should be able to send the(ir) rules into ... faces.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-10-06 15:38:02

At 10/6/11 03:31 PM, Bryan wrote:
At 10/6/11 03:24 PM, Coreghost wrote:
At 7/25/11 12:28 PM, 1916 wrote:

/thread
Your not funny.
And you're not clever enough to understand how this thread works.
And you don't have the common sense to realize that post is from 3 months ago.

And I am positive quote pyramids are frowned upon and will soon be bannable or are like /thread, adjective noun is exact adjective, This or That threads.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-10-06 15:41:41

At 10/6/11 03:37 PM, MrPercie wrote: I dont even know what /thread means except the fact only assholes use it

I think it's what mods type when they lock a thread. Regular users use it just to say "This is the end of the thread", or something like that.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-10-06 15:41:48

At 10/6/11 03:38 PM, iscrulz wrote: And I am positive quote pyramids are frowned upon and will soon be bannable or are like /thread, adjective noun is exact adjective, This or That threads.

Hypocrite. :P

Anyways, that term still persist throughout the BBS and more predominantly in other forums even now. i personally wish it would die out as well. :(

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-11-23 14:07:53

Unfortunally I know poozy doesn't kid around.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2011-11-23 18:26:36

At 6/19/09 11:51 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: "rape her", "cool story bro" and "/caps" are ALL bannable phrases and people are banned for them ALL the time.

I saw someone post "rape her" and "cool story bro" no ban.