00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BunchieNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To)

940 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi everybody its me natto_man and i am a viola player and am looking for some jobs in some audio pieces. Or if your project is flash based i also have the tools at my disposal to make music sutibale for your project

I have been told by many that my viola playing is above that of many. (I mean really, really good)
although i have submitted no viola based track on new grounds i hope to in the near future
if you see my audio projects you can see that i am also handy with mixing

Recently i have submitted 2 songs that have not got a lot of attention BUT

if you are interested in my talents please MSG me and i will see to your request

Thanks for your time

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 07:14:31

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 07:31:27

Sounds nice, do you have professional equipment to record your instruments as well (i.e. 2 condensor mics, ect.)? =)

Denny Schneidemesser, composer for Film & Media. www.dennyschneidemesser.com

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 10:32:02

At 6/3/09 07:14 AM, Khuskan wrote: Audio advertisements thread

He is advertising a service.

And I am interested if you have good recording equipment!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/239580 - WGI Percussion style! What's that? Take a listen!

BBS Signature

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 10:41:09

At 6/3/09 10:32 AM, RedHatCore wrote: He is advertising a service.
advertising

Exactly.

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 11:33:53

At 6/3/09 10:41 AM, Khuskan wrote: Exactly.

yeah but the audio advertising thread was more for songs already on newgrounds. He's looking for someone to work with that either would use his audio in a flash or make a song together.

Response to "dumbest person you ever met" :

"Some girl I knew once forgot how to breath." -Dlxrevolution

BBS Signature

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 11:38:43

At 6/3/09 11:33 AM, Alexman159 wrote:
At 6/3/09 10:41 AM, Khuskan wrote: Exactly.
yeah but the audio advertising thread was more for songs already on newgrounds. He's looking for someone to work with that either would use his audio in a flash or make a song together.

Actually, fair point. Ignor everything I have posted in this thread.

That being said, some more information would be nice other than 'I play viola'...

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 12:54:28

Yeah. Playing viola/violin is all well and good, but unless you have the equipment and skills to capture a good recording... it's kind of worthless.

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 18:31:15

At 6/3/09 12:54 PM, loansindi wrote: Yeah. Playing viola/violin is all well and good, but unless you have the equipment and skills to capture a good recording... it's kind of worthless.

Hello AGAIN
about that equipment I have one condenser mic and one Dynamic mic though they are cheap they can get the job done. Also i have a pickup on my viola, And i will have help to capture sound from a more then adequate DAD. Thank you

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 20:01:45

Could you possibly record yourself playing a few things here and there, compile it into a sample, and then post a link here?

Also, do you read music?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/239580 - WGI Percussion style! What's that? Take a listen!

BBS Signature

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 20:51:03

At 6/3/09 08:01 PM, RedHatCore wrote: Could you possibly record yourself playing a few things here and there, compile it into a sample, and then post a link here?

Also, do you read music?

I'd like to hear a sample as well! I might need a Violin player soon for a score I'm working on. Payment is there but unfortunately not much. Looking forward for a record!

Denny Schneidemesser, composer for Film & Media. www.dennyschneidemesser.com

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-03 20:52:26

Awesome, you are a rarity here on NG. I may beckon you sooner of later ;)

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-04 02:09:27

to all.
i can read music. I read mainly in alto clef so if you are in fact using a midi program to make your music changing to alto shouldn't be such a hard thing

Wow... Payment? this is a good day for me.
i will get some audio samples on newgrounds as fast as i can i could take at least a couple days as i am in the middle of filming a movie for a subject class at school

I will get a demo on as soon as possible

Thankyou

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-04 02:11:29

I can also read treble clef and bass clef

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-04 10:58:18

Take it from me. Even if the guy has a crappy Shure SM58, a real viola layered over virtual strings makes a HUGE difference.

Even if you want a solo, a cheap mic will be tons better than your solo samples (which are not even close still)

Response to "viola" (but I Do Have A Violin To) 2009-06-04 12:29:50

OP, if you really want some love, start making a sample pack. Record yourself playing various notes in different positions, with different techniques and different dynamic levels, stuff like that, and make it available for download here.

I guarantee you'll get some serious props for something like that. There are always people looking for new samples.